I don’t see jetBlue going for Thomas Cook Airline - too radical of a move for them. Besides, I don’t see the strategic relevance for them.
Virgin Atlantic on the other hand I can see being interested for Virgin Holidays.
I'd say you're probably spot on, but for arguments sake:
- Would give B6 instant access to hot slots at some key airports, LGW, MAN, BFS, GLA, DUS, OSL, ARN, HEL to name a couple.
- Instant access to A330's.
- A big foothold in the European market, with a dedicated repeat-customer base.
- They would absorb a lot of crew, and Thomas Cook Flight & Cabin crew are highly respected.
- Guaranteed % of seats filled/revenue from TCG holidays.
Of course, take it with a pinch of salt, but I think it B6 taking over TCX could actually have some credibility to it!
A bit of a restructure and B6 could do a little bit of magic with TCX in Europe.
Also with VS's recent investment in BE I think they will be kicking themselves that they probably can't/won't be able to commit to expanding VS Holidays with TCX.