Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Pilot rumor is B6 buying another airline

tphuang

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:38 pm

flyby519 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
tphuang wrote:
We will find out in a week, but i think there will be a new layout coming for mint and every J seat will have aisle access. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being
28 to 32 J seat with 102 Y+/Y.

Even though such a layout might be used to fly e.g. BOS-LHR, rotation dynamics require that this plane be used domestically as well. And domestically, a high-Mint layout might not make financial sense.

Is there room to put a heavier Mint config on BOS/JFK-LAX/SFO? Reduce frequency to allow new TCON Mint service to LAX/SFO?

I don't know if this really needs domestic rotation. full flight time west bound is about 7 hours on JFK-LHR and 8 hours on the way back. With ETOPS, departing aircraft may need to sit for an hour and half at gate to do the checks and then factor in the unloading passengers. You are already up to 7 + 8 + 2 * 2 = 19 hours. That's prety high utilization already. Now I realize that domestically, they fly mint harder than 1 r/t trip a day but with the slightly longer flight + ETOPS, I don't know if they will do any additional rotation. Maybe they can do something like JFK-BOS, but the CASM for that won't be much worse than E90 right now. They could try to schedule in some JFK-LAX r/t trips, but that will be pretty aggressive.

pitbosflyer

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 pm

flyby519 wrote:

Is there room to put a heavier Mint config on BOS/JFK-LAX/SFO? Reduce frequency to allow new TCON Mint service to LAX/SFO?

On BOS-SFO at least I'd say so considering UA currently has 7 757s with lie flats flying and also subs in 777's often for the morning and evening rotations. Demand is pretty strong. That's on top of B6's current 5 flights a day, DL 2, and AS 2.

jumbojet

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:22 pm

HIA350 wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Umm, not its not. MINT is not eating everyone's lunch. LOL, keep on fantasizing. There is no credible case other than you pay for what you get with MINT. Those D1 flights I take on a regular basis, back n forth between JFK and LAX are always full, and DL is NOT giving away the seats as free upgrades. I repeat and standby my statement that all MINT is, is a cheap mans version of business class in that people will pay less to settle for less. But hey, if it helps you sleep at night that MINT is eating everyone's lunch then more power to you. Oh, and dare I ask, but I will, what is the official definition of 'eating someones lunch? Is there one? Are there stats that prove that another business eats anothers liunch? LOL. :rotfl:
I am sorry to be the one to let you know but Tphuangs thread does not prove that Blue eats everyones lunch.

Sorry. As someone who also flies LA area- JFK very frequently on both mostly DL and B6, MINT is BY FAR a more superior than any domestic premium cabin.

I live in Central NJ, fly to SEA twice a month for work, i will rather drive to JFK and get on B6 mint than united or delta, and yes EWR is 20 minutes from my house, Jet blue is my favorite airline follow by the mighty Delta

thats just you. I avoid Blue like the plague. I would rather pay twice as much to avoid Blue. The airline does nothing for me and has a horrible frequent flier program. But thats just me. And can we put to bed finally the ridiculous quote that Blue is eating everyones lunch? Simply not true on a pound for pound basis. Tphuangs stats don't tell the complete story. However, if eating everyone's lunch gets you through the day, than go on right ahead, knock yourself out. Personally, making everyone wait over a month for a Europe announcement will be a big let down, and maybe an all access business cabin. That in and of itself is not worthy of such a build up.

flyby519

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Blueknows wrote:
Pilot rumor is B6 buying another airline

I cant see it happening in the short term. Europe, A321LR/neo, Etops, Mint 2.0, A220 introduction/E190 phaseout are all items that need focus before something like a merger/buyout would be realistic in my opinion.

AA94

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:39 pm

jumbojet wrote:
thats just you. I avoid Blue like the plague. I would rather pay twice as much to avoid Blue. The airline does nothing for me and has a horrible frequent flier program. But thats just me. And can we put to bed finally the ridiculous quote that Blue is eating everyones lunch? Simply not true on a pound for pound basis. Tphuangs stats don't tell the complete story. However, if eating everyone's lunch gets you through the day, than go on right ahead, knock yourself out. Personally, making everyone wait over a month for a Europe announcement will be a big let down, and maybe an all access business cabin. That in and of itself is not worthy of such a build up.

I know longtime readers of this forum will be shocked -- SHOCKED -- to hear more anti-JetBlue screed from you.

nine4nine

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:40 pm

jumbojet wrote:
HIA350 wrote:
nine4nine wrote:

Sorry. As someone who also flies LA area- JFK very frequently on both mostly DL and B6, MINT is BY FAR a more superior than any domestic premium cabin.

I live in Central NJ, fly to SEA twice a month for work, i will rather drive to JFK and get on B6 mint than united or delta, and yes EWR is 20 minutes from my house, Jet blue is my favorite airline follow by the mighty Delta

There you have it. You hate blue you choose delta. No reason to come in to the blue pages to troll constantly and spew your nonsense of opinion. There are plenty of DL fanboy pages where you can sit there and high five each other over your precious DL accolades. Tphuang consistently provides statistical numbers and accurate comparisons and you bring the same old tired opinion banter and negative energy with nothing to back it up. We get it you hate JetBlue. Now pack up your bags and move on.

And yes MINt eats the legacy premium to bits. It took B6 launching a successful MINT offering that was a home run not only in the product but in the price to finally get the legacies to launch Flagship, One, and Polaris. Because they were charging absurd prices for a shitty offering for a very long time and a seat not much different than NK’s big comfy chair that just reclines. Even now there isn’t a close comparison other than One. But again it’s close not on par or better than Mint.
717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 742 748 752 753 762 763 772 773 DC9 MD80/88/90 DC10 319 320 321 332 333 CS100 CRJ200 Q400 E175 E190 ERJ145 EMB120

nine4nine

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:49 pm

My guess is new service announcements both domestic and international, Europe launch dates late 2020, new fleet addition announcements, and a stripped down mint variant of premium business cabin for the 320 (to coincide with the cabin refresh) and 220.
717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 742 748 752 753 762 763 772 773 DC9 MD80/88/90 DC10 319 320 321 332 333 CS100 CRJ200 Q400 E175 E190 ERJ145 EMB120

NeBaNi

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:32 pm

jumbojet wrote:
At this point, and the more I think about it, I cant think of to many more things more annoying than having tp sit through 4 weeks of a JetBlue 'Save the Date' announcement. If this is only a Europe announcement, what a big letdown. Announce it and get it over with. Its Eastern Europe, not flights to Australia. Europe is not that big a deal. Now, if Blue announces Europe AND a purchase of Airbus Widebodies, AND lounges to appease the most discerning business traveler AND flights to Hawaii, than that would be an announcement worthy of a 4 week lead time. Other than that, cant say its been worth the wait.

I'm pretty sure the "Save the Date" announcement was to give the employees enough time to plan a trip to be at the location if they wanted to. After all, the event is supposed to end with a party for employees. So, a month's notice sounds pretty reasonable. I'm sure it wasn't to annoy people on A-net about having to wait.

HIA350

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

nine4nine wrote:
My guess is new service announcements both domestic and international, Europe launch dates late 2020, new fleet addition announcements, and a stripped down mint variant of premium business cabin for the 320 (to coincide with the cabin refresh) and 220.

you replied to me
i love jetblue I only do BLUE

klm617

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:23 pm

A new hub in the Midwest.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

nine4nine

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 pm

klm617 wrote:
A new hub in the Midwest.

NO!

Gulfstream500

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 am

My guesses (in order of likelihood; top being most likely):

- New int’l service to Europe (KEF, DUB, LGW)
- New hub in Austin or Midwest (CLE, IND, CMH, CVG, or MKE)
- Creation of JetBlue Express type brand or JetBlue Shuttle and/or new aircraft (ERJ-145, CRJ, or A330)
- Buyout of Frontier/Spirit/WestJet
- Buyout of WOW air assets (highly unlikely, like 0.0001% chance)
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west

Blueknows

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:35 am

Stop with this Midwest stuff. B6 is going to add BOS flights to Midwest in future. B6 does not have HUBS. They have focus cities and run point to point service. They’ve said bos-cmh/cvg but not this year. Pilots have said they hear B6 made an aquarium of another airline...guess will know in a couple of days

Dieuwer

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 am

Blueknows wrote:
Stop with this Midwest stuff. B6 is going to add BOS flights to Midwest in future. B6 does not have HUBS. They have focus cities and run point to point service. They’ve said bos-cmh/cvg but not this year. Pilots have said they hear B6 made an aquarium of another airline...guess will know in a couple of days

:confused:

mga707

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:51 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Blueknows wrote:

I would assume that word is supposed to be 'acquisition'... :lol:

KUZAWU08

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:21 am

Actually, "flaps" is on to something... maybe not so much a merger, but an announcement including something about "going green/ renewable energy?" I think some sort of new aircraft type is in the mix, perhaps something for regional service as well as something for long haul service.. then (somewhat) out on a limb... but maybe electric engines or incorporating some new fuels?

WeatherPilot

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

mga707 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Blueknows wrote:

Well technically if aquired they would be sleeping with the fishes. In name only of course.

itripreport

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:

- Creation of JetBlue Express type brand or JetBlue Shuttle and/or new aircraft (ERJ-145, CRJ, or A330)

Other than that, my predictions also include
- Expanded Mint routes
- Announcement of the A321NEO inaugural
- West Coast expansion (highly unlikely)
- Improved Mint Class (Not sure how you could improve an already great product)
- Announcement of A220 routes?
- South American expansion

jumbojet

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:30 am

itripreport wrote:
[
- A

surely you have to be kidding me.

itripreport

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:02 am

jumbojet wrote:
itripreport wrote:
[
- A

surely you have to be kidding me.

I'm not kidding you, and don't call me Shirley

impilot

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:23 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:

The pilots’ CBA (scope section) won’t allow jetblue express in any form or fashion, and if they tried it the operation would be done. Planes don’t move without pilots, and 0 jetblue pilots would move any metal if there was any intention of a jetblue express. But they aren’t dumb enough to violate the contract that blatantly.

Blueknows

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 am

Blueknows wrote:
Stop with this Midwest stuff. B6 is going to add BOS flights to Midwest in future. B6 does not have HUBS. They have focus cities and run point to point service. They’ve said bos-cmh/cvg but not this year. Pilots have said they hear B6 made an acquisition of another airline...guess will know in a couple of days

Blueknows

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Let’s be honest if they wanted to make a play B6 would buy F9. The fleet type works perfect for B6. But Robin bing from England might try the IAG approach. Maybe Jetblue buys another carrier and runs as a stand-alone airline like AER LINGUS/BA. Very common in Europe and Latin America. Would be an interesting play.

flyby519

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 pm

mga707 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Blueknows wrote:

Remember that picture of the WN shark with the AS/HA fishes on the wall? We're just putting all 3 into an aquarium :stirthepot: :lol:

cledaybuck

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Blueknows wrote:
B6 does not have HUBS.
Yeah, right. Just like WN doesn't have "hubs".

Gulfstream500

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:06 pm

impilot wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

The pilots’ CBA (scope section) won’t allow jetblue express in any form or fashion, and if they tried it the operation would be done. Planes don’t move without pilots, and 0 jetblue pilots would move any metal if there was any intention of a jetblue express. But they aren’t dumb enough to violate the contract that blatantly.

They could completely buy out JetSuite X, or another carrier (Silver???)
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west

impilot

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
impilot wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

They could completely buy out JetSuite X, or another carrier (Silver???)

Only if actual jetblue pilots fly the planes. There can’t be any outsourced regional feed for jetblue. The pilot contract (that the company signed and agreed to) is pretty clear and specific. So they could buy them and merge them, but I doubt they want props/RJs at gate/slot constrained airports and to deal with merging an FBO to FBO 135 op with a 121 op, or a small commuter prop op with a major airline. Codeshares will be the extent of it imo.

EA CO AS

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:08 pm

flyby519 wrote:
mga707 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Remember that picture of the WN shark with the AS/HA fishes on the wall? We're just putting all 3 into an aquarium :stirthepot: :lol:

And a three-way comprehensive HA/AS/B6 partnership with full codesharing and reciprocal corporate contracts across the networks would send a harpoon right through that shark.... :stirthepot:

That shark, by the way, was in very poor taste. I'm surprised WN leadership allowed that to go on a wall anywhere.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

tphuang

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:14 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
flyby519 wrote:
mga707 wrote:

And a three-way comprehensive HA/AS/B6 partnership with full codesharing and reciprocal corporate contracts across the networks would send a harpoon right through that shark.... :stirthepot:

That shark, by the way, was in very poor taste. I'm surprised WN leadership allowed that to go on a wall anywhere.

Does that kind of deal violate any scope clause? If not, why aren't these 3 airlines doing this already? Seems like straight forward move.

EA CO AS

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:18 pm

tphuang wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
flyby519 wrote:

Does that kind of deal violate any scope clause? If not, why aren't these 3 airlines doing this already? Seems like straight forward move.

No scope clause at AS, but not sure about the others.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

flyby519

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
tphuang wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

No scope clause at AS, but not sure about the others.

Allowed per the B6 pilot contract, provided some basic growth is maintained afterwards. It specifically states a carrier of roughly equal size or smaller and mentions Alaska by name.

Blueknows

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Why do you think B6 has to merge? I can see B6 buying not merging. By the way southwest does have 3 hubs BWI/MDY/DAL

crescent

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:42 pm

They have a lot more than 3 hubs- BNA HOU ATL PHX LAS OAK also are common airports you will see the reservation system offer up as 1 or 2-stop options.

crescent

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm

I haven't followed- is there a consensus on the Europe long-term strategy particulars? Definitely A321neo? What about the cities targeted beyond the initial London? Will they be the 3rd 4th 5th carrier to large cities like MAD AMS CDG ZRH or will they go for being the only in some mid-tier markets (perhaps former DL or CO discards) like BOD MRS OPO VLC BRS HAM CGN

Blueknows

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:02 pm

They said hit targets were LGW CDG AMS MAD CMN. They’ve said MAD would be the farthest they could fly maxing out planes limits. Portugal pretty much no as NIELMAN runs TAP and B6 not looking to compete. They have mentioned possibly DUB since AER LINGUS is owned by IAG. Not sure how that will play out. Who know maybe AER BLUE..jk

F9LASDEN

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:26 pm

crescent wrote:
They have a lot more than 3 hubs- BNA HOU ATL PHX LAS OAK also are common airports you will see the reservation system offer up as 1 or 2-stop options.

DEN too
Spirit of the West...A Whole Different Animal...Low Fares Done Right

cpl22586

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am

In addition there are also rumors going around that since the event is in Hangar 81 they might also unveil a new aircraft such as the 321NEO or 321LR. But again it's all rumors.

lostsound

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:54 pm

It has to be London. Check out the background of this "save the date" invite that B6 sent out and the pattern of the London Tube's carpet design.

&

More evidence here: https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2019/03/02/jetblue-london-announcement/

EK77WNH

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:59 pm

They’d look pretty foolish going to LGW because the ‘Tube’ doesn’t go there.
(Formerly ChrisNH)

DTWLAX

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:09 pm

If it is London, then DL/VS gatecrashed the B6 party last week by announcing LGW services from BOS and JFK.

https://news.delta.com/new-paths-across ... k-jfk-2020

barney captain

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Do any of you suggesting some kind of merger, realize that merging is poison to a seniority list?

Announcing an airline purchase would hardly be cause for a party. Quite the opposite in fact.

No merger or acquisition in the history of aviation, has ever been loved by those on a seniority list.
Southeast Of Disorder

crescent

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:00 pm

Mergers are not held onto as news for even a day. When you have a deal, you announce it right away to prevent news from leaking, because to have material news and not to report it violates securities laws, presuming you are public. There is no corporate action (anything involving buying another airline or assets of a failed airline) coming on April 10.

airportugal310

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:56 pm

barney captain wrote:
Do any of you suggesting some kind of merger, realize that merging is poison to a seniority list?

Announcing an airline purchase would hardly be cause for a party. Quite the opposite in fact.

No merger or acquisition in the history of aviation, has ever been loved by those on a seniority list.

And...?
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

Buffalomatt1027

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 pm

B6 would be smart to chose a medium size airport on the east coast to run their European flights out of .... make a mini hub out of it. Trying to compete at JFK, Boston, Etc doesnt seem like a good idea. I mean how can they with A321s. I get that the planes can make it over the pond but profit wise will it work? Competing vs the bigger airlines which fly bigger planes.

Sort of like what WN did with midway or HOU.

Arion640

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:19 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
If it is London, then DL/VS gatecrashed the B6 party last week by announcing LGW services from BOS and JFK.

https://news.delta.com/new-paths-across ... k-jfk-2020

They’ve hardly gate crashed the party. Two airlines announcing service to a city they have multiple daily flights to already.

If Jetblue are announcing London it will be much bigger news than this DL/VS thing.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.

CO764

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 pm

My bet is JFK/BOS - STN daily to start with. Picking up where Primera left off, just... better. I’d happily be proved wrong, though.

Cunard

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:48 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
They’d look pretty foolish going to LGW because the ‘Tube’ doesn’t go there.

Ridiculous comment, actually a pretty foolish comment!

It's obviously just a representation of London and not necessarily of the airport they are going to use.

Whenever a company represents London it always highlights such things as the Tube, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Red Phone Box, a Soldier wearing a Bear Skin, it's normal advertising.

On a side note you do realise that you can use your TFL Oyster Card for travel to LGW, although the London Underground doesn't go as far as LGW the airport is part of the TFL network with connections onto the underground and overground rail networks.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

EvanWSFO

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:22 am

spinotter wrote:
jomur wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
But for the most part we are pretty spoiled in the US with the general domestic offering. One of my colleagues visiting from France a few years ago was marveling at DL economy on a 737. Made me take a step back and realize we have it pretty good. :lol:

If and when the US has proper fast high speed trans-con trains then we will see if US domestic air travel stays the same... Probably not...

I am a rail fanatic, but I wonder if you are serious about high-speed transcontinental rail in the USA. For example, NYC to San Francisco at about 4700 km with a speed of 350 km/h (TGV, Chinese HSR) would require 13+ hours without stops. Hyperloop at 1200 km/h? Maybe. Faster than air travel. But I find it difficult to imagine that the USA has the foresight or the will to build a totally new transcontinental transportation network when we are a nation of automobile lovers. Look at the disaster of HSR in California - too expensive, they say.

No way this will happen. The cost would astronomical. Potentially into the trillions. As it is, we can't get local infrastructure into the 21st century due to D.C. politics. Even the interstate system is falling apart, but no one seems to care.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

DeltaRules

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:58 am

Blueknows wrote:

I'd more than welcome them back to CMH, but with DL and WN on BOS (albeit with the latter struggling), DL and AA on JFK, the three-headed monster of WN/NK/G4 on FLL, and WN/NK/F9/DL/G4 on MCO/SFB, they might have a tough go trying to make any of their likely targets work.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos