LovePrunesAnet

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:28 am

nine4nine wrote:
klm617 wrote:
A new hub in the Midwest.

NO!

Austin? :duck:

edited to add: I was joking and then after i posted I later saw someone actually seriously suggested that airport. lol

LuxuryTravelled

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am

Gatwick isn't inconvenient for London - to get to Victoria you have the choice of either the slower Southern train or the Gatwick Express, or the Thameslink service to London Bridge or Kings Cross. The issue arises when there is engineering work and there is no alternative!

VCy

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:13 pm

LuxuryTravelled wrote:
Gatwick isn't inconvenient for London - to get to Victoria you have the choice of either the slower Southern train or the Gatwick Express, or the Thameslink service to London Bridge or Kings Cross. The issue arises when there is engineering work and there is no alternative!

I agree! LGW is very convenient for London. In terms of accessibility I find LGW and LHR to be on the same level, regardless of tube access. On the other side, I find LTN extremely inconvenient because you need to catch a bus in order to go to the train station. I know for some this isn't a huge deal, but honestly after a flight I find this inconvenient. Needless to say, I find LTN to be stuck in another decade in terms of facilities etc (no offence to anyone that has LTN as their main airport!)

STN isn't that bad as well, but I believe LGW is a no brainer in comparison to LTN and STN.

airbazar

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Cunard wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:
They’d look pretty foolish going to LGW because the ‘Tube’ doesn’t go there.

Ridiculous comment, actually a pretty foolish comment!

It's obviously just a representation of London and not necessarily of the airport they are going to use.

Apparently you and many others never bothered to read this thread from the beginning. Gatwick's airport code does not start with LH.
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com ... ouncement/
It doesn't get any more obvious that it will be LHR, whether it's announced on Wednesday or at a later time.

mattyfitzg

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:09 pm

airbazar wrote:
Cunard wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

It's obviously just a representation of London and not necessarily of the airport they are going to use.

Apparently you and many others never bothered to read this thread from the beginning. Gatwick's airport code does not start with LH.
It doesn't get any more obvious that it will be LHR, whether it's announced on Wednesday or at a later time.

Surely LH could also be interpreted as "Long Haul".

tphuang

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:12 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:
Cunard wrote:

I think he is referring to the video where LH was already in the destination box and they had "Reach for the ..." at bottom. we will see what happens, but I won't be surprised if they don't announce an airport, while keep fighting for those LHR slots.

airbazar

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:48 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Apparently, not only do people not read all the posts but some people can't be bothered to click on the posted links. No wonder this thread is at 500+ posts. We just keep going around in circles.

Dieuwer

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Patience.Only 53 hours until the revelation.

mattyfitzg

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 pm

airbazar wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:

Apparently, not only do people not read all the posts but some people can't be bothered to click on the posted links. No wonder this thread is at 500+ posts. We just keep going around in circles.

Well patronising tw*t of the year award goes to you. I clicked the link, I see the picture with the destination set as "LH" and commented that it could be interpreted as Long Haul.

Don't fancy arguing with willy waving B6 fanboys today so i'll let you have your moment and we can pretend that LH 1000000000% means LHR :roll:

pitbosflyer

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:

Well patronising tw*t of the year award goes to you. I clicked the link, I see the picture with the destination set as "LH" and commented that it could be interpreted as Long Haul.

Don't fancy arguing with willy waving B6 fanboys today so i'll let you have your moment and we can pretend that LH 1000000000% means LHR :roll:

:rotfl: Who would ever type LH (intending to search for long haul) into an airline app destination field??? The narrative is the B6 fanboys are the crazy one in this thread. If anything its the other way around.

mattyfitzg

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:59 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:

:rotfl: Who would ever type LH (intending to search for long haul) into an airline app destination field??? The narrative is the B6 fanboys are the crazy one in this thread. If anything its the other way around.

Then I'm convinced they are starting flights to Lahore, Pakistan. And the marketing about London is just a clever misleading stunt based on London's large Pakistani community.........

jumbojet

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:24 pm

This is the most interesting part of the Boarding Area article...

I suppose this could all be a cruel trick from JetBlue, but I doubt it. Rumors of European service have been going on too long. One self-identified JetBlue crewmember even emailed me yesterday with the following:
Crewmember London brief has already been done. Boston to Heathrow on the A321XLR with mint configuration to start (no date set, waiting for new 321). Widebodies being looked at for fleet expansion if London is a success (330 and 787).

I would imagine with 787's and 330's, Blue is looking at more than just Europe....Japan maybe?

EK77WNH

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Cunard wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

So you were 'foolish and ridiculous' enough to miss the 'LH" + "R." That, plus my point about the tube not going to LGW, seals the deal. If they wanted to represent 'London' in a general sense
they'd have picked from any number of equally subtle icons.
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

CarbonFibre

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:42 pm

The moquette seat cloth mentioned in an earlier link isn't any old seat cloth - it's from the Piccadilly line, which happens to serve LHR.

Galwayman

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:49 pm

LuxuryTravelled wrote:

Gatwick is SO convenient for London ... there are trains to London Bridge , Kings Cross , Victoria , Calapham Junction ... it’s so much better connected than Heathrow .... I always feel sorry for those mugs who pay those tip off fares to Paddington .. such a tourist rip off

barney captain

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
barney captain wrote:
Do any of you suggesting some kind of merger, realize that merging is poison to a seniority list?

Announcing an airline purcthase would hardly be cause for a party. Quite the opposite in fact.

No merger or acquisition in the history of aviation, has ever been loved by those on a seniority list.

And...?

What is unclear?

The likelihood that this party has anything to do with a merger - as many have speculated - is almost zero.
Southeast Of Disorder

WeatherPilot

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Maybe we’re looking at this all wrong. What if Jetblue bought the London Underground?

CobaltScar

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:17 pm

My psychic powers tell me with 99.99999 percent certainty this "party" is to announce the decision to modify some future 321 orders to the long range option and commitment to start flying to Europe. Also predict the subfleet that flys to Europe will be premium heavy.

NO ONE is going to be surprised on the 10th.

mattyfitzg

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
Maybe we’re looking at this all wrong. What if Jetblue bought the London Underground?

Or JetBlue are taking over a furniture store to have their own in-house seat cover brand for use on public transport around the world.

tphuang

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Any predictions on where they are going to announce?

London is a given.

After that, I assume any of these 3 will be likely.
CDG
AMS
DUB

And further down the road, not likely on this announcement though
BCN
MAN
BHX
EDI
SNN
FCO
GRU/GIGI/EZE out of FLL

and maybe even some vacation spots like down the road
PDL
NCE
PMI
LPI

EADSYABSOB73857

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
airbazar wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:

After creeping on this forum for the last 18 months, I finally decided to join after reading this post... I’m a Wall Street analyst covering the commercial aviation industry, and I won’t say which firm as I simply can’t disclose that information.... but the writing on the wall couldn’t be any more clear. If people read through the forums, or access the external sites (which in this case was put out by JetBlue itself), it is clear they are insinuating flights to London, and shooting for London Heathrow (unless factors have prevented them from going to LHR, I agree any LON airport is possible, but they are striving for LHR)... based on a confluence of factors, this conclusion can easily be drawn (the first two letters of the IATA code put into the ‘destination field’ on the app are “LH”; B6 has stated the largest unserved market out of BOS is LON; the background of the invitation for their big announcement ceremony matches the fabric on the London tube... Come on people, connect the dots and quit spinning all the conspiracies....

EADSYABSOB73857

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:07 am

tphuang wrote:
Any predictions on where they are going to announce?

London is a given.

After that, I assume any of these 3 will be likely.
CDG
AMS
DUB

And further down the road, not likely on this announcement though
BCN
MAN
BHX
EDI
SNN
FCO
GRU/GIGI/EZE out of FLL

and maybe even some vacation spots like down the road
PDL
NCE
PMI
LPI

I agree... if European flying for B6 is an ambition, they need to have a presence in the largest leisure/business markets... as well as some unserved markets (which aren’t served from Boston)- LON, PAR, AMS, DUB, MAD, FCO, FRA, MUC, MAN, BHX?, GVA?, BRU?

dampfnudel

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 am

Well, whatever it is, I wish B6 all the best and if it’s Europe, I would like to see them eventually add JFK-FRA if it's not announced tomorrow.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

AA AI CO CL DE DL EA HA KL LH N7 PA PQ SK RO TW UA YR

FlyinRabbit88
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 am

For all the speculation, would there be enough time for airbus to deliver that “new tail” A321Neo (without engines) that was photographed last month in Hamburg to JFK for the party? Curious “if” there is some European announcement if there was enough room in the JFK hangar to drop the curtain on an airplane kinda thing as a surprise.

Cunard

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:57 am

airbazar wrote:
Cunard wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

I personally read absolutely every thread from the very start so that I'm fully upto scratch with what's being discussed unlike many on here who jump in halfway or at the very end and ask or post information that's already been discussed, something that annoys me intensely as I personally find it lazy!

I'm absolutely aware of the London airport codes especially London Heathrow Airport which is only sixty miles from my front door.

I'm afraid that your totally jumping the gun with your reference to the use of LH, your the one making an assumption that it obviously refers to LHR!

No one knows what JetBlue are going to announce in their press release that's shortly to be announced if they did we would be discussing that not what the use of LH actually means.

You know just as much as anyone else does on these forums regarding JetBlue and their interest in going Transatlantic, no one knows anything definite at this stage except the higher management at JetBlue.

The CEO had an interview with Business Traveler a few weeks ago where he stated that obviously LHR would be the airline's preferred option but the appropriate slots would be hard to come by and although LGW was the second preferred option the slots available weren't at the times sufficient to plan a full schedule which left STN as a possible option due to the available slots.

His words not mine.

I'm sure if you do a search online you can read the article for yourself.

I will will say it again but I honestly think that STN is the best option if and when JetBlue finally make an announcement regarding going transatlantic and their airport of choice for London.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

airbazar

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 am

Cunard wrote:
The CEO had an interview with Business Traveler a few weeks ago where he stated that obviously LHR would be the airline's preferred option but the appropriate slots would be hard to come by and although LGW was the second preferred option the slots available weren't at the times sufficient to plan a full schedule which left STN as a possible option due to the available slots.

His words not mine.

I'm sure if you do a search online you can read the article for yourself.

But they wouldn't announce that tomorrow. Tomorrow if they're indeed announcing London service it will be LHR.
It doesn't mean that a few months or a year down the road they won't go back on it and says something like "we couldn't get appropriate slots at LHR so we chose to start at LTN/LGW". But there's no way, after all the LHR hints that they are saying anything but Heathrow tomorrow

Cunard wrote:
I will will say it again but I honestly think that STN is the best option if and when JetBlue finally make an announcement regarding going transatlantic and their airport of choice for London.

My theory from the very beginning is that they will serve all 3 (LHR, LGW, STN), but not right away. That's how they serve "Los Angeles" from both BOS and JFK and I anticipate that they'll use the same strategy to London due to the scarcity of slots at both LHR and LGW. STN as the sole destination to London would never work, it simply doesn't work. All one has to do is look at the number of airlines serving that market to/from the U.S.

I also think a lot of people here will be very disappointed. As usual, a.net is blowing this announcement way out of proportion. Jetblue does not have the planes or the slots so there will be no schedule announcement. IMO the announcement will be a mere communication of their intent, and little more.

Dieuwer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm

dampfnudel wrote:
I would like to see them eventually add JFK-FRA if it's not announced tomorrow.

SQ.

EK77WNH

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Do they really want to "bite the hand that feeds them" by going to DUB? Wouldn't that blow up the EI-B6 alliance, or at least strain things a bit?
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

RL757PVD

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:27 pm

I’m curious how different it will be from the proposed schedule I saw a year ago ;) five cities at 1x and at the time it was LGW not LHR but things change.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

tphuang

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:02 pm

On the topic of which airport to serve, I think STN is out of question for now. The reason is people here don't really know about STN. There have been service from NYC/BOS to LHR/LGW for a long time, so I personally don't think LGW is a bad choice. In the end, B6 is concerned about US point of sale, so even if STN is convenient for many Londoners, it's not really relevant.

Also, I think they won't announce an airport tomorrow. It will just be we are serving London and still looking for slots.

Noise

Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 pm

They'll be serving Europe before serving Canada.

flyby519

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:13 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
Do they really want to "bite the hand that feeds them" by going to DUB? Wouldn't that blow up the EI-B6 alliance, or at least strain things a bit?

I suspect it already blew up the moment IAG stepped in.

WeatherPilot

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Did anyone post this story from March? Pretty much says everything that they’re going to do.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 07996.html

crescent

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Late 2019 start is interesting. Realistic to get etops certification by then?

pitbosflyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:18 pm

crescent wrote:

Serious question...would it be impossible for them to have been working on etops certification without telling the public? Or would they have given it away because it would have become public record with the different government certification processes.

tphuang

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 pm

late 2019 is not possible imo, I think the Q1 2021 is most likely with 2nd half in 2020 also being possible.

airbazar

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:34 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
crescent wrote:

Serious question...would it be impossible for them to have been working on etops certification without telling the public? Or would they have given it away because it would have become public record with the different government certification processes.

There have been a few mentions in the past (including in this exact thread), that B6 has already been working on their ETOPS program. How much truth there is in that I don't know but I think it's plausible.

pitbosflyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:40 pm

airbazar wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
crescent wrote:

There have been a few mentions in the past (including in this exact thread), that B6 has already been working on their ETOPS program. How much truth there is in that I don't know but I think it's plausible.

I mean if they announce their ETOPS program will be done by the end of this year....that's going to be pretty crazy.

ack426

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm

A photo of an employee pin ‘JetBlue -London’ for tomorrow’s announcement is floating around social media.

dc10lover

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Maybe JetBlue Airways will have ONLY Mint Service on all of their routes. :-)
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

impilot

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:18 pm

ack426 wrote:
A photo of an employee pin ‘JetBlue -London’ for tomorrow’s announcement is floating around social media.

Can you post a pic?

I mean it's not a shocker. LON is kind of a given.

pitbosflyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:19 pm

ack426 wrote:

Galwayman

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:21 pm

EK77WNH wrote:

They’d be nuts not to go BOS > DUB at some stage , lots of flights at the moment and still not enough seats during peak season , no taxes , quick turn around , it’s a cash cow , perfect use for a single frame .... wouldn’t be surprised to see EI code share on a BOS service if the oneworld psychos don’t clamp down , lots more feed for EI EU flights ... it’s a win win for JetBlue and EI

impilot

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:22 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
ack426 wrote:

Interesting. The "jet" in jetBlue is gray on that picture, which went away with the logo change years ago. There's been a big push to remove that logo from everything at JetBlue, so the fact that it would make it into a pin announcing London is surprising.

ack426

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:23 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
ack426 wrote:

Thanks! I couldn't figure out how to link it.

CarbonFibre

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:56 pm

I'd never visited their website in my life until today. LHR came up before I'd typed anything.

Dieuwer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:06 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:

I'd never visited their website in my life until today. LHR came up before I'd typed anything.

F*ck!

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

LGW too...
Last edited by Dieuwer on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

braniff2hav

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:

As does London Gatwick, Amsterdam and any number of other cities that show up.

Dieuwer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:08 pm

braniff2hav wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

As does London Gatwick, Amsterdam and any number of other cities that show up.

Milan too.

Just go to "Regions" on the "Where from" box and click "Europe".

Edit to add: I call BS on Bergen (BGO), Trondheim (TRD), and many other destinations mentioned in Europe. No way JetBlue going to fly THEIR metal there.
Last edited by Dieuwer on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

impilot

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 pm

If you notice the triangle next to the city as you type it in, you'll see that's on a partner airline. As to why it showed up before typing anything I have no idea.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos