Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Varsity1

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:40 am

BA744PHX wrote:
LHR and AMS will both be announced

Really?

Shot across the bow for delta.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

TripleDelta
Screener

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 am

LHR? No, they are OBVIOUSLY going to announce service to Exeter and full support for its six future runways :biggrin:
Hawkeye: "It doesn't make any sense."
Radar: "Well, none of it makes any sense. You just have to send in the right number of forms." - MASH 4077

digitalcloud

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:13 am

PlaneMad134 wrote:
I see EDI and GLA, possibly MAN as well if it was a Europe anouncement, EDI just lost Norwegian so there is a gap to fill, GLA has no year round American service and Manchester would be good if Jetblue and Easyjet could codeshare.

Norwegian isn't really a gap to fill.

Lewton

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:29 am

Maybe they'll order the A321XLR and launch Europe?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1416155
From Hamburg with love.

gatibosgru

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 am

Hoping for a A330NEO order, even though it is highly unlikely.
@DadCelo

EK77WNH

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 am

I’m leaning toward an announcement that’s more focused on ordering planes than on naming routes. It’s also a function of how quickly those planes could get delivered. Hopefully they’ll be U.S.-built ones.
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

OA940

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:20 pm

jumbojet wrote:
OA940 wrote:
I'm willing to bet they'll go LGW. 1x daily won't cut it. The competition will drown them out immediately. I doubt they're gonna find slots for at least 2 daily flights each from BOS and JFK to LHR, so LGW makes the most sense after that.

Why not? Whats to say the DOT hasn't already made a decision on what JB calls an unfair TATL JV monopoly into airports such as LHR. Maybe in order for VA to be a part of the DL/AF/KLM JV, they have to give up LHR slots. That could easily account for enough slots to get them up and running

(31% now of their daily departures are delayed.. By far the worst out of all the US airlines).

If you're talking about Virgin Atlantic it's VS (also JetBlue is B6)

Back on topic, I don't see why VS would have to give slots up. AA and BA have a codeshare and operate more flights to LHR, and if you add up DY at Gatwick there is plenty competition (as evident by the pricing on the route). I mean it would be better for them to go to LHR for sure, but Gatwick leaves more room for expansion. I'd like to see what they do in Europe in terms of partnerships, because I doubt they can pull off most cities in the A321LR's range on their own.
A350/CSeries = bae

jumbojet

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:22 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
I’m leaning toward an announcement that’s more focused on ordering planes than on naming routes. It’s also a function of how quickly those planes could get delivered. Hopefully they’ll be U.S.-built ones.

They are definitely going to announce Europe. Someone mentioned AMS a few posts up but there are 0 slots available. Again, unless DL/AF/KLM were forced to give some up in order to allow Virgin in, than AMS is not happening, however, I bet thats how they are getting into LHR so AMS is totally plausible.

JB has already, at least to the best of my knowledge, confirmed an order with AB for 85 321LR's with the 4700 NM range. Those A321's can seat up to 207 passengers, depending of course on how premium heavy they go. With 85 on order, that is a pretty big international expansion they have planned. JB is going to do a lot of Europe in the coming years, no doubt about it, as well as deep South America from FLL. They are coming, like it or not. However, remember what Robin Haynes said himself not to long ago, and I quote:

. The transatlantic market comes down to three large carriers with huge amounts of power…we have to move intelligently and stealthily to make sure we’re successful.

If this is as wildly successful as MINT, I can easily see Blue buying some 330 NEO's and possibly flying over the Pacific. But, success is not guaranteed. There is a lot at stake here and the big 3 and their JV's will defend this turf like there's no tomorrow. Its not going to be easy.

Plus hopefully JB realizes that you need to keep your employees happy and right now its very toxic, lots of unhappy people working for JB. You cant forget about the people that make the entire operation possible because without the men and women on the front lines, you got nothing, JB is hopefully prepared to take care of their own people otherwise failure will come quickly

jumbojet

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:27 pm

OA940 wrote:
[

Back on topic, I don't see why VS would have to give slots up. AA and BA have a codeshare and operate more flights to LHR, and if you add up DY at Gatwick there is plenty competition (as evident by the pricing on the route). I mean it would be better for them to go to LHR for sure, but Gatwick leaves more room for expansion. I'd like to see what they do in Europe in terms of partnerships, because I doubt they can pull off most cities in the A321LR's range on their own.

Have you not read the letter JetBlue wrote to DOT asking them to review the VS addition to the existing JV of DL/KLM/AF?

Have you not seen this link by JetBlue which pretty much strongly hints at LHR by their clever advertisement? Using LH in the airport code finder and a rather large letter R further down the page?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-l ... vice-2019/

The range of the 321LR is 4700 NM. That covers a lot of turf in Europe.

airbazar

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:36 pm

FlyBTV wrote:
impilot wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
Nobody is asking the important questions. Like, how far over the Atlantic can they get before the signal is lost from the DirectTV satellite?

“There’s another satellite launching in 2021 (ViaSat-3) that will give us complete global coverage and which would be important if we decide to launch service to Europe.” - recent email

Yes, though I will point out that Viasat is for internet coverage, not TV coverage.

That's why they have other forms of inflight entertainment, not just live tv.

vtchaz78

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:41 pm

airbazar wrote:
FlyBTV wrote:
impilot wrote:

“There’s another satellite launching in 2021 (ViaSat-3) that will give us complete global coverage and which would be important if we decide to launch service to Europe.” - recent email

Yes, though I will point out that Viasat is for internet coverage, not TV coverage.

That's why they have other forms of inflight entertainment, not just live tv.

Internally, word is JetBlue will be switching all entertainment to the new system which is entirely data based. Even the Live TV will stream. Saves money, reduces weight and complexity on the aircraft as well as it solves the coverage issues on the current and future network. Supposed to be more reliable, as well.

OA940

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:42 pm

jumbojet wrote:
OA940 wrote:
[

Have you not read the letter JetBlue wrote to DOT asking them to review the VS addition to the existing JV of DL/KLM/AF?

Have you not seen this link by JetBlue which pretty much strongly hints at LHR by their clever advertisement? Using LH in the airport code finder and a rather large letter R further down the page?

Yea I actually hadn't seen that. My bad. Still though slots for LHR are very hard to come by, so it's not that irrational to think that they may not have been able to find slots.
A350/CSeries = bae

B752OS

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Awesome, only 5 more weeks of speculation!

In all seriousness, I'd like to see JetBlue demolish and rebuild their piers at BOS. The check in and security areas are solid (Massport built out an expansion for security several years ago and that was a nice upgrade), but the gate area themselves are pretty bad. Poor lighting, low ceilings, etc.

jumbojet

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:22 pm

OA940 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
OA940 wrote:
[

Yea I actually hadn't seen that. My bad. Still though slots for LHR are very hard to come by, so it's not that irrational to think that they may not have been able to find slots.

This link is locked I believe unless you have a subscription but I bet this has something to do with Blue getting Heathrow slots.

https://atwonline.com/regulation/jetblu ... n-concerns

We'll all have to wait 5 weeks but I bet they somehow got 2 to 3 slots. Probably lousy arrival/departure times but its a start. Won't even make a dent compared to what AA and DL have at JFK and BOS, so I don't think they're to worried about it but you can bet your next paycheck they are paying very close attention and will defend LHR like no tomorrow. Blue knows this and I don't think they want to poke the bear to hard.

There is this quote from Robin Haynes that says;

The transatlantic market comes down to three large carriers with huge amounts of power…we have to move intelligently and stealthily to make sure we’re successful.

EK77WNH

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:13 pm

AA doesn’t really care much about BOS, happily giving up its LHR flights to BA many years ago. As for DL, they sure do care about BOS but what can they really do to retaliate? Put a ‘new’ A359 on the route and then beat their chests about it?
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

Planeboy17

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:15 pm

jumbojet wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

They are definitely going to announce Europe. Someone mentioned AMS a few posts up but there are 0 slots available. Again, unless DL/AF/KLM were forced to give some up in order to allow Virgin in, than AMS is not happening, however, I bet thats how they are getting into LHR so AMS is totally plausible.

JB has already, at least to the best of my knowledge, confirmed an order with AB for 85 321LR's with the 4700 NM range. Those A321's can seat up to 207 passengers, depending of course on how premium heavy they go. With 85 on order, that is a pretty big international expansion they have planned. JB is going to do a lot of Europe in the coming years, no doubt about it, as well as deep South America from FLL. They are coming, like it or not. However, remember what Robin Haynes said himself not to long ago, and I quote:

. The transatlantic market comes down to three large carriers with huge amounts of power…we have to move intelligently and stealthily to make sure we’re successful.

If this is as wildly successful as MINT, I can easily see Blue buying some 330 NEO's and possibly flying over the Pacific. But, success is not guaranteed. There is a lot at stake here and the big 3 and their JV's will defend this turf like there's no tomorrow. Its not going to be easy.

Plus hopefully JB realizes that you need to keep your employees happy and right now its very toxic, lots of unhappy people working for JB. You cant forget about the people that make the entire operation possible because without the men and women on the front lines, you got nothing, JB is hopefully prepared to take care of their own people otherwise failure will come quickly

B6 has made no LR orders as of now. They continue to talk with Airbus and have converted all future 320s to 21s but no firm LR orders at this time.

nine4nine

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:18 pm

jumbojet wrote:
catiii wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

I guess enough crying finally got them some LHR slots. I'm guessing it cant be no more than 1x daily from BOS and 1x daily from JFK? On A321's nonetheless, why even bother? I cant even imagine how their operations department will handle irrops on 1x daily A321. CDG is a no brainer, AMS, no slots available, probably LIS, MAD, BCN, DUB, what else?

Kinda like all the bitching and whining Ed does from the Ritz in PBI to get Haneda frequencies?

Not even close to the whining of JB. I've read all the letters, nothing comes close to the crying that JB has done to get their hands on LHR...NOTHING.

Oh pullezeeeeee. What’s your beef with B6, did they lose your bag? Did they delay your flight more than 2 hours? Did they not warn you there was turbulence when you were in the John and came out with blue juice stains on your clothes? Such a hater!

Crying? How about trying to make it fair for competitors. The large JV’s between US and foreign carriers just creates a dominance on the slots and routes and is designed to keep prices where they WANT them to be. Surely you’re ok with that? Assuming you’d like less competition and an LCC option flying to LHR? You obviously would love to pay $4k for shitty service and a shitty tired out first class on an old AA 763,772 or UA 772 than pay half that in a new Mint configured plane at more than half the price?
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120

flyby519

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:27 pm

BA744PHX wrote:

I heard CDG as well in that list as the Top 3

Armodeen

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 pm

These are always anticlimatic these days. Anyone remember the Qatar 'historic' announcement? :lol: That hasn't been the only one recently.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:11 pm

jumbojet wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
[. But they may have something up their sleeve.

Like finally fixing their horrendous on-time stats? Take yesterday, a few flakes fell in the NYC area, a dusting at best, and they wind up having 35% of their entire operation delayed. Europe won't last long for JetBlue if they can't get their planes in the air and to their destination on time.

B6 to Europe will further erode their on time stats. They are so laser focused on getting all their MINT flights out on time that everything else suffers. Now, throw in B6 to Europe and guaranteed those on time stats will suffer even more..

B6 will start a few BS routes to Europe but with B6 having absolutely no brand name in Europe and no JV's, it will be nothing short of a disaster.B6 wants to be 'big boy' airline but it wont happen. United can fix that however with a few strokes of a pen.

Not sure why some people don’t get this, but NYC is an operational nightmare, and always will be. Example: the winds from last week made runway alignments a mess. Or center staffing, or someone farted. Too much metal going in not too small an area.

airbazar

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:44 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
AA doesn’t really care much about BOS, happily giving up its LHR flights to BA many years ago. As for DL, they sure do care about BOS but what can they really do to retaliate? Put a ‘new’ A359 on the route and then beat their chests about it?

Technically I think AA gave up its LHR flights to DL. Didn't DL get its slots from AA as a result of the AA/BA JV?
DL hasn't been able to grow much on the BOS-LHR market either. Their load factor has been consistently in the 60-70% even during peak summer season and they are down to just 1x daily from the initial 2x daily. BA pretty much rules the market with other carriers picking up a token presence. The DL/VS partnership may change that starting this Summer. We shall see.
flyby519 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Those 3 make perfect sense because they are doable with a standard A321NEO. MUC, ZRH, and FCO should be next with the LR.

B757rocket

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Just as a note to their operations today. It is snowing per the ATIS/METAR but 101 flight cancellations, ouch.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today/KBOS

Dieuwer

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 pm

B757rocket wrote:
Just as a note to their operations today. It is snowing per the ATIS/METAR but 101 flight cancellations, ouch.

Hardly. A handful of snowflakes are swirling down gently in the Boston area. No nothing "snowstorm" or "Snowmageddon". But yes, B6 cancelled a boatload of flights. Moral of the story: Don't fly JetBlue in wintertime.

B757rocket

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

Hardly. A handful of snowflakes are swirling down gently in the Boston area. No nothing "snowstorm" or "Snowmageddon". But yes, B6 cancelled a boatload of flights. Moral of the story: Don't fly JetBlue in wintertime.

I never mentioned a snowstorm as quoted, just that METAR/ATIS has been reporting SN or -SN and 101+ round trip cancellations is rather excessive. I wasn’t exaggerating the current weather.
CRJ-200, L-1011, DC-8, DC-9, MD-11/88/90, B-707, B-727, B737-200/300/400/700/800/900, B757-200/300, B767-200/300/400

jfklganyc

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 pm

Maybe it is the lost profit sharing??

jfklganyc

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:11 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

They don’t have enough crew to operate. Several emails went out for “help.”

Bad week to give people $75 in profit sharing. Bad week

WaywardMemphian

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:21 pm

ridgid727 wrote:
They are beating Neeleman to the punch, and are in the intial stages of starting a Moxy type operation to those cities that have been left behind, but can support limited services to close in airports where people are glad to get the service. OMA, DSM, BOI, FAT, SBA, BIL, BZN, GEG, PSC, XNA,CID, ELP, EUG,IDA, FCA, PVU, MRY, FCA, OKC, RAP, TUL, FSD .

You forgot MEM that is begging for BOS service with a PDEW of nearly 100 with no direct service.

TWA772LR

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Beatyair wrote:
“All Hands” is a sea going term, they are heading over the pond and have probably revised there order with the long range version of the A321.

Spot on.

But in the spirit of conspiracy theories, like you said "All Hands" is a sea going term, so they are obviously merging with a SEA-based carrier, I think it's either AS or Kenmore Air!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Kilopond

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:38 pm

As far as possible Heathrow operations are concerned, B6 totally depends on the decissions of both the competition watchdogs in the US and the UK and the Heathrow slot allocation commission. As a first step the authorities might force OneWorld to give up a certain number of LHR slots. (Will they?) And only then the slot allocation commission will decide which particular airline would get those slots in order to ensure more competition.

tphuang

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

They are just more aggressive at canceling flight today. Maybe they anticipated more problems.

Over at JFK today, B6 62.3% on time and 1.3% cancel. Overall 65.6% on time and 0.7% cancel. So a little worse, but nothing crazy.

Sometimes airlines do cancel more flights than needed.

As for the rest, I think let's just wait and see. A month is a long time of speculation.

WaywardMemphian

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:24 pm

eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.

New Coke Zero Orange Vanilla is the boom especially with rum

TheLunchbox

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:19 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

Profit sharing doesn't bother me one bit. I focus on a good salary and doing my job. I feel fortunate in my position. Do you work for JetBlue?

SeanM1997

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 am

Seems like:
- London Heathrow - Boston: 1 or 2 daily. Launch Winter 2019/Summer 2020

Future Predictions, Summer 2021:
- LHR: BOS 3 daily, JFK 2 daily
- AMS: BOS 2 daily, JFK 1 daily
- CDG: BOS 2 daily, JFK 1 daily
- FRA: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- MAN: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- EDI: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- BHX: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- MAD: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- DUB: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily
- BCN: BOS 1 daily, JFK 1 daily

SoCalFlyer

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:22 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

There were no emails for “help” and certainly not several. That is 100% false. The only email they sent out was for reserve augmentation, meaning due to the IROP they’re low on RSVs and that is voluntary if people choose to sign up and make double pay. I’m sure other carriers have something similar. Please don’t spread fake news.

BuildingMyBento

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 am

airliners.net response: B6 makes DTW its new focus city, hires Shinola consultants to get them to improve their on-time stats

keesje

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:51 am

eagles94 wrote:
Fingers crossed for #2.

:bouncy:

Interesting point is many of their A321 already have long haul cabins, so fleet scheduling/ flexibility would be a big advantage over other carriers.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

unusualattitude

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:47 am

SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

There were no emails for “help” and certainly not several. That is 100% false. The only email they sent out was for reserve augmentation, meaning due to the IROP they’re low on RSVs and that is voluntary if people choose to sign up and make double pay. I’m sure other carriers have something similar. Please don’t spread fake news.

There were emails for help, I can show them to you if you like. But that’s besides the point and you know it.

KICT

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:57 am

Transatlantic eh? And now they'll get $0 profit sharing.
Last edited by KICT on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People are saying. Believe me.

jetbluefan1

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 pm

flyby519 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Very interesting. All 3 of these would be very aggressive - especially since all are de facto DL hubs through its partners (VS/KL/AF).

The article below, although poorly written, seems to back up these claims - particularly with regard to AMS. Seems like B6 is playing hardball with trying to secure slots at AMS.

https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-is-try ... n-flights/

Time to get out the popcorn and watch this play out :box:

jfklganyc

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 pm

TheLunchbox wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Profit sharing doesn't bother me one bit. I focus on a good salary and doing my job. I feel fortunate in my position. Do you work for JetBlue?

If you work for B6 as a pilot, come June you will be the lowest compensated pilot on the Airbus in the US save NK and F9.

jfklganyc

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 pm

unusualattitude wrote:
SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

There were emails for help, I can show them to you if you like. But that’s besides the point and you know it.

Thank you!

The guy is blatantly lying or uninformed. Two emails this morning...one local, one from HQ asking for help

Blueballs

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 pm

SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Perhaps youre not a pilot here. There were several emails sent out asking to help the operation. I got one from the jfk chiefs one from the bos chiefs and one from the system chief. Not fake news but good try.

KICT

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Sure it's fake news. News he doesn't agree with = fake news. :)
People are saying. Believe me.

factsonly

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
flyby519 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Very interesting. All 3 of these would be very aggressive - especially since all are de facto DL hubs through its partners (VS/KL/AF).

The article below, although poorly written, seems to back up these claims - particularly with regard to AMS. Seems like B6 is playing hardball with trying to secure slots at AMS.

https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-is-try ... n-flights/

Time to get out the popcorn and watch this play out :box:

The JFK-AMS market was very buoyant in 2018:

- Movements: 3,570 +25.9%
- Passengers: 880,556 +29.1%
- Cargo: 41,272 tons +29.7%

As both Norwegian and DL/KL added capacity.

RWA380

Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 pm

flyby519 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

All of these make perfect sense. Look at who B6 is tied in with, EK, SA, SQ, FI & HA. In regards to EK BOS-LHR/CDG/AMS give EK passengers a stop via the top three business destinations in Europe, to continue on with EK to DXB & beyond.

In regards to SA or SQ, it also gives passengers a Europe stop enroute to SE Asia or Africa & then a continuation on back to NYC n/s on SQ or SA.

With FI, they can operate n/s into those three Europe top spots & stop in Iceland on the way back via FI, albeit becoming a competitor to FI in the process.

Lastly with HA, if indeed morning flights to Europe are what is available, there you have one stop service on HA via BOS or JFK to Europe without their own metal having to make the ULH from HNL n/s. Leaving little need for B6 to go through ETOPS 180 just to fly against HA from LGB.

This seems like a solid hit for B6 if it is true. If not, it sure is an interesting excercise in airline logistics & route building. Slots seem to be the big question.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

adamh8297

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:01 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Seems like:

I don't see BHX/BCN/MAD/EDI while decent sized markets with a business component like ARN/GVA/BRU are unserved from BOS.

BRU may be the backup plan to not getting ideal AMS slots. They may be able to squeeze some good deals with GLA and ORK too.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

xdlx

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:17 pm

TWA302 wrote:
xdlx wrote:
What is this OBSESION with A321 OPS to EUROPE? WHY not an A332

Maybe because B6 doesn't fly or plan to fly the A332?

Well they have not allowed for much room since they have a AIRBUS READY CREW why choose another WB equipment?
The idea that A321SPACEX is going to rewrite TATL ops is "crazy"..... But hey ask Primera or any of the others that tried and failed.

PHLspecial

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm

BuildingMyBento wrote:
airliners.net response: B6 makes DTW its new focus city, hires Shinola consultants to get them to improve their on-time stats

No no a.net is calling for B6 to fail at any moment. Don't worry there will be two more threads talking about B6 going under from now to April 10th

VS4ever

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:51 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Seems like:

I don't see BHX/BCN/MAD/EDI while decent sized markets with a business component like ARN/GVA/BRU are unserved from BOS.

BRU may be the backup plan to not getting ideal AMS slots. They may be able to squeeze some good deals with GLA and ORK too.

The 321 would be the right size aircraft for BHX route, but given the failures thus far and albeit the last one was PF I would put BHX in a 3rd or even 4th wave. Suffice to say if DY haven’t tried it yet, not expecting B6 to either.
ORK are always looking. EDI already has service from DL (do you really want to truly go head to head on a seasonal route) but most of the others could work.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos