Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
What are your guesses...

- Europe Announcement (Finally!!)
-Airbus A321LR/XLR order
- More flights to the DR?
- New destinations into central US?
- other...

If it's Europe, here's my list of routes in order of likelihood: Dublin, London Gatwick, Manchester, and I'd say BRU is a possibility depending on range. I'm assuming Germany and Paris are probably a little longer than they want to start with.

jumbojet

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:13 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
BuildingMyBento wrote:
airliners.net response: B6 makes DTW its new focus city, hires Shinola consultants to get them to improve their on-time stats

No no a.net is calling for B6 to fail at any moment. Don't worry there will be two more threads talking about B6 going under from now to April 10th

There are no guarantees Blue will be successful in Europe. This is a lot different than MINT LAX/SFO. For starters, they will definitely need to improve their daily operations and on-time ratings. Haynes even said himself that DL/AA/UA are very powerful along with their JV's across the pond and that B6 needs to be careful.

That said, I am actually all for B6 to Europe as I am the individual who buys business class seats and travels on my own dime. If B6 drives down the cost of a business class ticket to Europe, than hats off to them...Doesnt mean I would ever fly them but I will tip my hat to them from the cabin of my DL A330 if they can save me a thousand or so off my Delta One ticket.

Side note, perfect weather on the east coast. 15% of B6 flights delayed. Not very good.
Last edited by jumbojet on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jfklganyc

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Why would they have a big party in NYC to announce BOS LHR service?

Makes no sense.

My bet is JFK/BOS London. I have also heard AMS from two different places.

They are putting their toes in the pond

jumbojet

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:26 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

Makes no sense.

Where are the AMS slots coming from? DOT making DL/KLM give some up? If so, can they give B6 the worst times imaginable?

buzzard302

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:30 pm

JFK/BOS to London. And A321XLR's. From a casual conversation I had recently.

jumbojet

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:54 pm

buzzard302 wrote:
JFK/BOS to London. And A321XLR's. From a casual conversation I had recently.

Let me guess, you were speaking to a pilot near a water fountain? :rotfl:

tphuang

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:04 pm

jumbojet wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
BuildingMyBento wrote:
airliners.net response: B6 makes DTW its new focus city, hires Shinola consultants to get them to improve their on-time stats

No no a.net is calling for B6 to fail at any moment. Don't worry there will be two more threads talking about B6 going under from now to April 10th

There are no guarantees Blue will be successful in Europe. This is a lot different than MINT LAX/SFO. For starters, they will definitely need to improve their daily operations and on-time ratings. Haynes even said himself that DL/AA/UA are very powerful along with their JV's across the pond and that B6 needs to be careful.

That said, I am actually all for B6 to Europe as I am the individual who buys business class seats and travels on my own dime. If B6 drives down the cost of a business class ticket to Europe, than hats off to them...Doesnt mean I would ever fly them but I will tip my hat to them from the cabin of my DL A330 if they can save me a thousand or so off my Delta One ticket.

Side note, perfect weather on the east coast. 15% of B6 flights delayed. Not very good.

btw I actually agree with you there is no guarantee they will be successful in Europe. But here is the thing, they have to go there regardless. It's too large of a market not to go into if they want to be the top dog in BOS. They loose a lot of money on all these new business markets out of BOS like LGA, ATL and MSP. But since the customers demand it, they need to do it. Let's just say I don't think they will loose anywhere near the amount of money on BOS-LHR that they do on BOS-ATL.

jfklganyc wrote:

Makes no sense.

Exactly, imo there is no way they go into BOS-LHR and not also go with JFK. In fact, I think it's far more likely they do well starting off at JFK vs BOS. There is basically no trunk markets out of NYC that B6 cannot fill 2 flights full and be profitable.

And with AA continuing to cut back in NYC, this is a good time for B6 to expand its JFK offerings and get some more corporate contracts and such.

I'm a little surprised at all the AMS rumors. Seems to be aimed squarely at DL.

jumbojet

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Regardless of the whats and where's of the announcement, you know that Blue is going to put out a very impressive Europe MINT cabin that will undoubtedly rival what the big US3 have.

SoCalFlyer

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:
SoCalFlyer wrote:

There were no emails for “help” and certainly not several. That is 100% false. The only email they sent out was for reserve augmentation, meaning due to the IROP they’re low on RSVs and that is voluntary if people choose to sign up and make double pay. I’m sure other carriers have something similar. Please don’t spread fake news.

There were emails for help, I can show them to you if you like. But that’s besides the point and you know it.

Thank you!

The guy is blatantly lying or uninformed. Two emails this morning...one local, one from HQ asking for help

I’ve worked for jetblue for 12years. I didn’t see any email begging for help, but hey that’s me :bigthumbsup:

BunkerF16

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:48 pm

SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

There were emails for help, I can show them to you if you like. But that’s besides the point and you know it.

Thank you!

The guy is blatantly lying or uninformed. Two emails this morning...one local, one from HQ asking for help

I’ve worked for jetblue for 12years. I didn’t see any email begging for help, but hey that’s me :bigthumbsup:

Are you a pilot?

winstonavgeek

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:53 pm

http://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf103/600.pdf This docket literally says that B6 wants in to LHR and AMS.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:58 pm

winstonavgeek wrote:
http://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf103/600.pdf This docket literally says that B6 wants in to LHR and AMS.

Yet, Delta cannot have it both ways. It cannot seek Department assistance for additional access at Haneda while seeking to deny it to JetBlue at LHR and AMS.

:D

impilot

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:25 pm

SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

Thank you!

A friend has had 11 RSA emails, one from system chief, and one from NY chief all asking for help in the last 2 days. 7 on Friday.

jetbluefan1

Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:29 pm

winstonavgeek wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Dieuwer wrote:
winstonavgeek wrote:

Yet, Delta cannot have it both ways. It cannot seek Department assistance for additional access at Haneda while seeking to deny it to JetBlue at LHR and AMS.

:D

Jetblue is clearly playing hardball here. The use of DL’s analogy regarding LHR/HND is especially powerful.

tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

btw I actually agree with you there is no guarantee they will be successful in Europe. But here is the thing, they have to go there regardless. It's too large of a market not to go into if they want to be the top dog in BOS. They loose a lot of money on all these new business markets out of BOS like LGA, ATL and MSP. But since the customers demand it, they need to do it. Let's just say I don't think they will loose anywhere near the amount of money on BOS-LHR that they do on BOS-ATL.

jfklganyc wrote:

Makes no sense.

Exactly, imo there is no way they go into BOS-LHR and not also go with JFK. In fact, I think it's far more likely they do well starting off at JFK vs BOS. There is basically no trunk markets out of NYC that B6 cannot fill 2 flights full and be profitable.

And with AA continuing to cut back in NYC, this is a good time for B6 to expand its JFK offerings and get some more corporate contracts and such.

I'm a little surprised at all the AMS rumors. Seems to be aimed squarely at DL.

:checkmark:

Indeed. Although AMS is a wonderful city, I did not see it as being the first or second European city B6 would enter. This is clearly aimed at poking DL, and the commentary on DL’s HND application just furthers that notion.

I have to admit this is going to be more interesting than I ever thought :wideeyed:

Planeboy17

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:03 pm

TheLunchbox wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Hardly. A handful of snowflakes are swirling down gently in the Boston area. No nothing "snowstorm" or "Snowmageddon". But yes, B6 cancelled a boatload of flights. Moral of the story: Don't fly JetBlue in wintertime.

They don’t have enough crew to operate. Several emails went out for “help.”

Bad week to give people $75 in profit sharing. Bad week

Profit sharing doesn't bother me one bit. I focus on a good salary and doing my job. I feel fortunate in my position. Do you work for JetBlue?

Really? You do know that they slashed the profit sharing formula 2 years ago? You don’t find it disingenuous that they prefaced this year’s prfofit sharing information about the 8% raise driven to everyone the year before. They had to remind employees about the raise because of the paltry profit sharing.

SeanM1997

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:17 pm

If JetBlue are going to target Delta over the other two US3 (as early indications show), it means the first four cities should be:
London Heathrow
Paris Charles de Gaulle
Amsterdam Schiphol
Manchester

VS11

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:17 pm

Regarding destinations in Europe - Paris, Dublin, Amsterdam and Frankfurt are benefiting from financial (but not only) companies relocating from London per Brexit so higher demand for them from the US should be expected.

VS11

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

Profit sharing doesn't bother me one bit. I focus on a good salary and doing my job. I feel fortunate in my position. Do you work for JetBlue?

Really? You do know that they slashed the profit sharing formula 2 years ago? You don’t find it disingenuous that they prefaced this year’s prfofit sharing information about the 8% raise driven to everyone the year before. They had to remind employees about the raise because of the paltry profit sharing.

But a salary increase for everyone, especially 8% when inflation is barely 2%, is much better than profit sharing. The raise stays and gets you a higher base for future increases. There can be profit sharing one year and then none for years.

Planeboy17

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:32 pm

SoCalFlyer wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

Thank you!

Not sure why you didn’t get the emails but there were 2 of them sent out yesterday just like the poster above stated.

TheLunchbox

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

I'm well aware of the past profit sharings and the new formula they came up with. Part of me says they may end up tweaking it to be more of a moderate payout and part of me says they're keeping money close to their chest due to upcoming network changes, aircraft orders, Europe, etc. Could be completely inaccurate but part of me believes it. We'll see what they do with profit sharing. So much backlash this past year will probably bring about changes. I don't need a $10k check like Delta but more than $100 after taxes would be nice.

ajsljet45

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 am

PHLspecial wrote:
BuildingMyBento wrote:

Only two?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Planeboy17

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:35 am

TheLunchbox wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:

I'm well aware of the past profit sharings and the new formula they came up with. Part of me says they may end up tweaking it to be more of a moderate payout and part of me says they're keeping money close to their chest due to upcoming network changes, aircraft orders, Europe, etc. Could be completely inaccurate but part of me believes it. We'll see what they do with profit sharing. So much backlash this past year will probably bring about changes. I don't need a $10k check like Delta but more than $100 after taxes would be nice.

Not sure what your position is but there are Delta employees getting much more than 10k$. Also, I don’t NEED 10k or more but I’d certainly like to have it. Why can’t we have what Delta gets or at least close to it. We are, and have been a profitable airline and as much as I like and enjoy my job ,and do it very professionally, I feel like we as employees have been cheated.

TheLunchbox

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:07 am

Okay I get it. We'll see what's announced April 10th and maybe it'll shed light on what they've been up to and crewmember morale will change. Or not. Exciting times ahead regardless.

worldranger

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:48 am

DartHerald

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:37 am

No-one is mentioning Dublin- why not? I think that post-Brexit and with a soft border it is going to become quite an important financial centre.

LurveBus

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am

AMS is full. Not sure what slots they can get there. LHR is possible if they’re going to pay the going rate, but seems like a waste to acquire all those slots for narrowbody flights.

JetBlue could also in theory get some A220-100s in all-mint config and fly them to LCY. That would probably be more successfull than trying to make it in LHR

EK77WNH

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am

Did KLM come to Boston, in part, to gum up the works for JetBlue?

Blueknows

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:55 am

Word is they are going to fly to Liverpool. The airplane will be painted as a yellow submarine. Plane name SGT BLUEPEPPER

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
[

Indeed. Although AMS is a wonderful city, I did not see it as being the first or second European city B6 would enter. This is clearly aimed at poking DL, and the commentary on DL’s HND application just furthers that notion.

I have to admit this is going to be more interesting than I ever thought :wideeyed:

IF they were even able to get their hands on a AMS slot, its probably not going to be prime time. And if they did get into AMS, one A321 flight a day VS. the mega JV operation of DL/KLM, I would hardly call that a poke. I would call that barely a blip on the radar. Nope, I don't think DL/KLM really care about a single, or two, B6 flights a day into AMS. I say if B6 wants in that badly, let them have it. Whats the bid deal when its one or two narrow body planes? DL/KLM have to be flying close to 20 widebody planes a day into AMS. To me, this is akin to B6 BOS-ATL. Is this Interesting? I guess if your a hardcore JetBlue fan but if you think for one moment they are going to come in and disrupt a market that took decades to build up, your sadly mistaken. Rememeber Haynes own words; 'There are 3 powerful airlines across the Atlantic' and I will give you a hint, B6 isnt one of them, so I can see where all your excitement comes from. Yawn.

Now, an A220 or a A321 in an all business class cabin, with a prime time slot, that could make things a little interesting.

NickWebb

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 pm

They are going to announce a 'Retro Jet' !!!!!

airbazar

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm

VS4ever wrote:
The 321 would be the right size aircraft for BHX route, but given the failures thus far and albeit the last one was PF I would put BHX in a 3rd or even 4th wave.

I'm not saying BHX is plausible but I don't think we can judge any market viability based on PF. PF failed because PF itself was a bad business, first and foremost. They also failed on CDG-BOS, remember? :)

jfklganyc wrote:

That's where their HQ is and generally speaking that's where all-hands meetings are held. This is not a route announcement party, it's an all-hands meeting. a.net just loves to blow stuff way out of proportion :)

tphuang wrote:
Exactly, imo there is no way they go into BOS-LHR and not also go with JFK. In fact, I think it's far more likely they do well starting off at JFK vs BOS.

I wouldn't be so sure. For starters with all the ATC delays in the NY area and congestion at LHR, operating A321's from LHR to JFK could be problematic. All that taxi time and holding in line to land eats into the range of the A321.
Then the competition from NYC is huge. The amount of Y seats dumped in this market only to cater to business pax with lots of frequencies is astronomical. Does B6 really need to start with 2 TATL gateways? Then there is the issue of slots at JFK. It's hard enough to find sots in LHR and AMS, it's even harder to find them when they have to match slots in JFK.

jetbluefan1 wrote:

It's a large year round O&D market from BOS where DL/KL have a monopoly.

All I can say is, if B6 is really planning to announce LHR/CDG/AMS in April, get ready to buy because the fare war will be great for us consumers.
Just to give you an example, when DL announced BOS-LIS last year the peak summer fares dropped to $400 all included. $400 for a TATL ticket including all taxes, 1 checked back and seat reservation in July on a full service carrier like DL is unheard of.

Blueknows

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm

B6<MT=?

flyby519

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Blueknows wrote:
B6<MT=?

I don’t see how these two could merge? U.K. ownership restrictions? I assume you’re talking about just the MT certificate for the U.K. airline vs the Thomas Cook Group parent company?
Last edited by flyby519 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueknows

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:31 pm

tphuang

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:32 pm

jumbojet wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
[

IF they were even able to get their hands on a AMS slot, its probably not going to be prime time. And if they did get into AMS, one A321 flight a day VS. the mega JV operation of DL/KLM, I would hardly call that a poke. I would call that barely a blip on the radar. Nope, I don't think DL/KLM really care about a single, or two, B6 flights a day into AMS. I say if B6 wants in that badly, let them have it. Whats the bid deal when its one or two narrow body planes? DL/KLM have to be flying close to 20 widebody planes a day into AMS. To me, this is akin to B6 BOS-ATL. Is this Interesting? I guess if your a hardcore JetBlue fan but if you think for one moment they are going to come in and disrupt a market that took decades to build up, your sadly mistaken. Rememeber Haynes own words; 'There are 3 powerful airlines across the Atlantic' and I will give you a hint, B6 isnt one of them, so I can see where all your excitement comes from. Yawn.

Now, an A220 or a A321 in an all business class cabin, with a prime time slot, that could make things a little interesting.

Do you realize how much declined revenue DL has suffered since B6 entered BOS-ATL and then BOS-MSP? If a B6 entrance into AMS would cause a similar loss, it would be disastrous for DL.

airbazar wrote:
[
tphuang wrote:
Exactly, imo there is no way they go into BOS-LHR and not also go with JFK. In fact, I think it's far more likely they do well starting off at JFK vs BOS.

I wouldn't be so sure. For starters with all the ATC delays in the NY area and congestion at LHR, operating A321's from LHR to JFK could be problematic. All that taxi time and holding in line to land eats into the range of the A321.
Then the competition from NYC is huge. The amount of Y seats dumped in this market only to cater to business pax with lots of frequencies is astronomical. Does B6 really need to start with 2 TATL gateways? Then there is the issue of slots at JFK. It's hard enough to find sots in LHR and AMS, it's even harder to find them when they have to match slots in JFK.

jetbluefan1 wrote:

It's a large year round O&D market from BOS where DL/KL have a monopoly.

All I can say is, if B6 is really planning to announce LHR/CDG/AMS in April, get ready to buy because the fare war will be great for us consumers.
Just to give you an example, when DL announced BOS-LIS last year the peak summer fares dropped to $400 all included. $400 for a TATL ticket including all taxes, 1 checked back and seat reservation in July on a full service carrier like DL is unheard of.

B6 doesn't need 2 TATL gateways. BOS is the main TATL hub. JFK is serving O&D, which is huge. There are things B6 can do to get LHR slots aside from complaining. Remember, it sits on one of the most valuable real estate in America with the 2nd largest slot portfolio at JFK and the terminal management for the entire north terminal in the reconfigured JFK. There is a lot they can theoretically trade to get good slots at LHR if they choose to do so.

As for fare wars, that's a given when B6 enters any strong legacy hubs out of BOS. DL has been able to keep its operation to LHR afloat with exorbitant premium cabin pricing to overcome 60% LF. Let's see how well they do when J pricing drops to $2500 R/T.

flyby519

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Blueknows wrote:
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-thomas-cook-grp-outlook-idUKKCN1PW0I9
PLANES AND SLOTS

Hmm, do they have many slots at primary airports like LHR/CDG/AMS?

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:46 pm

tphuang wrote:

Do you realize how much declined revenue DL has suffered since B6 entered BOS-ATL and then BOS-MSP? If a B6 entrance into AMS would cause a similar loss, it would be disastrous for DL.

B6 doesn't need 2 TATL gateways. BOS is the main TATL hub. JFK is serving O&D, which is huge. There are things B6 can do to get LHR slots aside from complaining. Remember, it sits on one of the most valuable real estate in America with the 2nd largest slot portfolio at JFK and the terminal management for the entire north terminal in the reconfigured JFK. There is a lot they can theoretically trade to get good slots at LHR if they choose to do so.

As for fare wars, that's a given when B6 enters any strong legacy hubs out of BOS. DL has been able to keep its operation to LHR afloat with exorbitant premium cabin pricing to overcome 60% LF. Let's see how well they do when J pricing drops to $2500 R/T.

Why dont you enlighten me as to how much DL's revenue has declined on BOS-ATL. While its entirely possible their revenue has declined somewhat, might I point out that B6 has dropped down to 3 E190's and 2 A320's on BOS-ATL. Heck, and they cant even fill those planes up! LOL.

Your living in a complete fantasy world if you think for one moment that B6 entering the AMS market would cause DL's finances to tank. LOL. Guess its time to remind you that DL is a very well oiled machine, much more so than B6. Delta is THE worlds most profitable airline. And your also forgetting how many passengers connect through AMS onto other European cities on KLM. Your living in a fantasy world my friend,

Your talking like B6 will be able to match what AA and DL have seat for seat going into LHR right off the bat. This isnt a poke at DL/AA, its more like a little tiny whisper of wind blowing across Flushing Meadow.

tphuang

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:05 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Why dont you enlighten me as to how much DL's revenue has declined on BOS-ATL. While its entirely possible their revenue has declined somewhat, might I point out that B6 has dropped down to 3 E190's and 2 A320's on BOS-ATL. Heck, and they cant even fill those planes up! LOL.

Your living in a complete fantasy world if you think for one moment that B6 entering the AMS market would cause DL's finances to tank. LOL. Guess its time to remind you that DL is a very well oiled machine, much more so than B6. Delta is THE worlds most profitable airline. And your also forgetting how many passengers connect through AMS onto other European cities on KLM. Your living in a fantasy world my friend,

Your talking like B6 will be able to match what AA and DL have seat for seat going into LHR right off the bat. This isnt a poke at DL/AA, its more like a little tiny whisper of wind blowing across Flushing Meadow.

as a point of reference. The average fare for DL on BOS-ATL back in 2016 Q3 was $262 and for 2018 Q3 was about $150. 372k boarded in Q3. Let's say half is O&D traffic, that would be close to 800k passengers a year and $110 less in revenue per passenger. Do the math.

On BOS-MSP,average fare for DL on BOS-MSP in 2016 Q3 was $312 and for 2018 Q3 was $183. 165k boarded in Q3. Again, let's say half is O&D traffic, that would be close to 320k passengers a year and $130 less in revenue per passenger. Again, do the math.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Another thing Blue needs to remember, its employees aren't exactly a happy bunch right now. If Blue thinks they are going to compete with the Big US3, and according to pthuang, blow DL out of the water, then they are going to have to pony up the big bucks and pay its employees a wage worthy of a true international airline. That in and of itself means Blues fares across the pond will have to be higher than the $2500 fares tphaung thinks they are going to be. If not, Blues life across the pond is going to be very short lived.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 pm

tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:

as a point of reference. The average fare for DL on BOS-ATL back in 2016 Q3 was $262 and for 2018 Q3 was about $150. 372k boarded in Q3. Let's say half is O&D traffic, that would be close to 800k passengers a year and $110 less in revenue per passenger. Do the math.

On BOS-MSP,average fare for DL on BOS-MSP in 2016 Q3 was $312 and for 2018 Q3 was $183. 165k boarded in Q3. Again, let's say half is O&D traffic, that would be close to 320k passengers a year and $130 less in revenue per passenger. Again, do the math.

Your giving me reference. Why don't you dig into the DL financials and give me actual raw data that says their losing money hand over fist. And again I have to remind you, Blue cant even fill up an E190 on BOS-ATL. What even makes you think they can fill up a 321 on BOS-AMS?

cledaybuck

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Does B6 have ETOPS certification?

tphuang

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:29 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Your giving me reference. Why don't you dig into the DL financials and give me actual raw data that says their losing money hand over fist. And again I have to remind you, Blue cant even fill up an E190 on BOS-ATL. What even makes you think they can fill up a 321 on BOS-AMS?

I'm just providing what's public available on BTS fare data. BOS-ATL is a bloodbath and that's obvious to anyone looking at the market. It was a very really profitable market for DL and now it probably looses money for them. Same with BOS-MSP. Take it for what you will. You asked me to provide data and I have.

jumbojet wrote:
Another thing Blue needs to remember, its employees aren't exactly a happy bunch right now. If Blue thinks they are going to compete with the Big US3, and according to pthuang, blow DL out of the water, then they are going to have to pony up the big bucks and pay its employees a wage worthy of a true international airline. That in and of itself means Blues fares across the pond will have to be higher than the $2500 fares tphaung thinks they are going to be. If not, Blues life across the pond is going to be very short lived.

I think you maybe getting a little too upset here. I simply said if B6 entering BOS/JFK-AMS has the kind of impact that BOS-ATL/MSP did, it would be hugely problematic for DL.
Last edited by tphuang on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyby519

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:31 pm

cledaybuck wrote:

Not yet, I was recently told 12mo from start to finish for us to get it.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:33 pm

tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I'm just providing what's public available on BTS fare data. BOS-ATL is a bloodbath and that's obvious to anyone looking at the market. It was a very really profitable market for DL and now it probably looses money for them. Same with BOS-MSP. Take it for what you will. You asked me to provide data and I have.

jumbojet wrote:

I think you maybe getting a little too upset here. I simply said if B6 entering BOS/JFK-AMS has the kind of impact that BOS-ATL/MSP did, it would be hugely problematic for DL.

and I simply pointing out that lower fares today compared to two years ago doesnt necessarily mean they are losing money hand over fist, like you suggest. It could mean a thousand diff things.

cledaybuck

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:38 pm

flyby519 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

Not yet, I was recently told 12mo from start to finish for us to get it.
So when https://simpleflying.com/jetblue-is-try ... n-flights/ claims launching flights in time for summer 2019, I should take it with a huge grain of salt? I believe it just took WN about 16 months to get ETOPS.

tphuang

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:41 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

jumbojet wrote:

and I simply pointing out that lower fares today compared to two years ago doesnt necessarily mean they are losing money hand over fist, like you suggest. It could mean a thousand diff things.

That's fine. I actually don't think they are loosing a lot of money on those 2 routes. But they have gone from been super profitable to 2 markets that I think they are loosing money on. That's a huge drop in revenue (probably > $100 million a year). B6 is actually loosing a lot of money on BOS-ATL. That shouldn't be a surprise. And if DL sees similar drop in their Europe operation, wall street investors are going to ask questions. Nowhere did I say that's what will happen. I simply said that would be a terrible result if it did happen.

dfpinto

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 pm

nine4nine wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Hat tip to OMAAT for posting the pic:

And if you look at the London Tube seat fabric it’s a perfect match to the background on the email invite.
https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/lo ... 08961.html

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new tailfin design for Europe 321LRs / Mint 2.0 Aircraft if the speculation comes true.

Not only the pattern on the London Tube but if you look closely it’s the London skyline and the giant wheel.

That's the pattern and color found in the Piccadilly line tube, the only line that serves London Heathrow airport (if we exclude the future Elizabeth line, which is not actually tube). LCY is served by the DLR, which is a different upholstery pattern and none of the other airports have tube service. At this point, I think LHR is certain.

Also, the assumption that JB is going againt DL/KL on TATL service is complete nonsense. The CEO said it himself, if they do it, they'll do it stealthily, which means testing the waters, getting familiar with the market and slowly grow to a comfortable market share. Remember, Europe doesn't know JetBlue and MINT is just a chewing gum flavor.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 pm

tphuang wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:

That's fine. I actually don't think they are loosing a lot of money on those 2 routes. But they have gone from been super profitable to 2 markets that I think they are loosing money on. That's a huge drop in revenue (probably > $100 million a year). B6 is actually loosing a lot of money on BOS-ATL. That shouldn't be a surprise. And if DL sees similar drop in their Europe operation, wall street investors are going to ask questions. Nowhere did I say that's what will happen. I simply said that would be a terrible result if it did happen.

Can we put ATL-BOS aside? I think Blue can make Europe work, I mean, whats the big deal really? We aint talking flights to Japan or Australia. But to say they are going to disrupt the whole LHR/AMS/CDG market is ludicrous. It took the US3 a very long time to get to where they are today with all of Europe. And Blue is not going to be any sort of a meaningful player in this market overnight, or even in a year or two like you make it out to be. They will be best be a niche airline to Europe for the time being. They will still have to play it safe and smart. They will also have to take care of their employees, making them a happy bunch will also be important in their quest to fly to Europe and be successful. Its a lot more than just pointing its planes east and flying for 7 hours. The most important aspect though, are the employees. They are a very unhappy bunch, Blue has to take better care of them. What you need to be concerned about to is to much attention being focused on getting Europe flights out on time and all the other MINT flights out on time, that the rest of the operation is going to suffer even more.
Last edited by jumbojet on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Are any used A330-300's available?

Even today it's almost the perfect TATL aircraft.

FlyinRabbit88
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Are any used A330-300's available?

Even today it's almost the perfect TATL aircraft.

Actually could make the announcement of Thomas Cook UK being up for sale an interesting one. They have 9 A330s and 19 A321s. With Jetblue CEO having UK citizenship, a play to buy whatever Thomas Cook UK had to offer, from slots to A/C, it could be a big leap into Europe Ops.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-thoma ... KKCN1PW0I9

https://mlexmarketinsight.com/insights- ... -uncertain

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos