gatibosgru

Re: Rumor: American Airlines to Modify Project Oasis Planes.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:44 am

fanoftristars wrote:
Why is everyone so hung up on small bathrooms? You know, at least 50% of my flights I don't even use the bathroom!!!

Congrats?
@DadCelo

jumbojet

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:57 am

fanoftristars wrote:
Why is everyone so hung up on small bathrooms? You know, at least 50% of my flights I don't even use the bathroom!!! Can you believe it? I honestly couldn't care less.

Is that you Doug Parker?

Super80Fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:59 am

fanoftristars wrote:
Why is everyone so hung up on small bathrooms? You know, at least 50% of my flights I don't even use the bathroom!!! Can you believe it? I honestly couldn't care less. I get that the average american is overweight to obese, but still, you're in there for 2-3 minutes at a time. I'd rather there be more room for seats. As for oasis seats, I flew an AA reconfigured 737-800 on Tuesday. It really is very tight. While it's nice to have power at your seat, the rest of the seat leaves a lot to be desired. As for the entertainment, what a pain. I was using my phone to connect to the internet and my iPad didn't have the AA app so I couldn't use that. I got out my macbook pro to watch the entertainment. There's really not enough room for a laptop on this plane. And watching a movie won't work on Chrome, it requires Safari. I launched safari and the movie wouldn't work until I installed Flash. The instructions to turn flash on weren't correct - the screen shots were wrong. It prompted me to download Flash instead. After trying to install my computer informed me I already had a newer version of Flash installed. So I hunted through the settings in Safari to find out how to turn on. As many of you know, Flash eats up battery, and my charger was in the overhead bin. I'm fairly adept at computing - I'd guess the average flyer would have given up long before I did. PTVs would have made that experience soooo much easier.

Oh great, Doug Parker has an airliners.net account now...
RIP McDonnell Douglas

fanoftristars

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
fanoftristars wrote:
Why is everyone so hung up on small bathrooms? You know, at least 50% of my flights I don't even use the bathroom!!! Can you believe it? I honestly couldn't care less. I get that the average american is overweight to obese, but still, you're in there for 2-3 minutes at a time. I'd rather there be more room for seats. As for oasis seats, I flew an AA reconfigured 737-800 on Tuesday. It really is very tight. While it's nice to have power at your seat, the rest of the seat leaves a lot to be desired. As for the entertainment, what a pain. I was using my phone to connect to the internet and my iPad didn't have the AA app so I couldn't use that. I got out my macbook pro to watch the entertainment. There's really not enough room for a laptop on this plane. And watching a movie won't work on Chrome, it requires Safari. I launched safari and the movie wouldn't work until I installed Flash. The instructions to turn flash on weren't correct - the screen shots were wrong. It prompted me to download Flash instead. After trying to install my computer informed me I already had a newer version of Flash installed. So I hunted through the settings in Safari to find out how to turn on. As many of you know, Flash eats up battery, and my charger was in the overhead bin. I'm fairly adept at computing - I'd guess the average flyer would have given up long before I did. PTVs would have made that experience soooo much easier.

I'm the farthest thing from Doug Parker you could imagine. He ruined America West, ruined US Airways, tried to ruin Delta and now is ruining AA. But having a small bathroom on a plane is really no big deal at all. Having a really tight seat pitch with chintzy hard seats and no entertainment is a bigger deal in my mind...
Last edited by fanoftristars on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Super80Fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:46 pm

fanoftristars wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
fanoftristars wrote:

I'm the farthest thing from Doug Parker you could imagine. He ruined America West, ruined US Airways and now is ruining AA. But having a small bathroom on a plan is really no big deal at all. Having a really tight seat pitch with chintzy hard seats and no entertainment is a bigger deal in my mind...

My apologies I did not read your post fully the first time around. I agree with your points.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Boof02671

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:45 pm

stock1985 wrote:
Any chance to get AA to role back the Oasis/MAX seating during the grounding? The mAAdness has to stop!

No the Oasis project is to convert 738s.

gatibosgru

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Perfect time time to adjust those MAX interiors :cheeky:
@DadCelo

Polot

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
stock1985 wrote:
Any chance to get AA to role back the Oasis/MAX seating during the grounding? The mAAdness has to stop!

No the Oasis project is to convert 738s.

It’s the same seating/cabin size though, so if they roll back on Oasis they are likely going to eventually convert the MAX to match. Now would be the best time to make adjustments to the MAX (eg remove a row) but I doubt AA would.
Last edited by Polot on Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Detroit313

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Stop with this fake news thread!

global2

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:04 pm

fanoftristars wrote:
. As for the entertainment, what a pain. I was using my phone to connect to the internet and my iPad didn't have the AA app so I couldn't use that. I got out my macbook pro to watch the entertainment. There's really not enough room for a laptop on this plane. And watching a movie won't work on Chrome, it requires Safari. I launched safari and the movie wouldn't work until I installed Flash. The instructions to turn flash on weren't correct - the screen shots were wrong. It prompted me to download Flash instead. After trying to install my computer informed me I already had a newer version of Flash installed. So I hunted through the settings in Safari to find out how to turn on. As many of you know, Flash eats up battery, and my charger was in the overhead bin. I'm fairly adept at computing - I'd guess the average flyer would have given up long before I did. PTVs would have made that experience soooo much easier.

Do the FA's receive additional training to be IT consultants? Because I'd never be able to figure out everything you're describing. Guess I'll just look out the window for entertainment.

JonNYC

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

hmmmmmmmm... my comment certainly applies to this forum/thread as well...... :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31010657-post22.html

raylee67

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I think removing the seat-back IFE is OK. Removing it would make the seat thinner and lighter, and make the tighter pitch a little bit more acceptable. As long as they provide movies through Wi-fi to the pax's personal devices. The seat-back IFE is really obsolete with the Wi-fi movie beaming capabilities. It's safe to assume everyone has a device now. Even if you don't have an iPad or tablet, you probably have a phone that can receive and play the movies. The economy class seat-back screen is not that much larger than a typical phone anyway.
319/20/21 332/33 342/43/45 351 388 707 717 732/36/3G/38/39 74R/42/43/44/4E/48 757 762/63 772/7L/73/7W 788/89 D10 M80 135/40/45 175/90 DH1/4 CRJ/R7 L10
AY LH OU SR BA FI
AA DL UA NW AC CP WS FL NK PD
CI NH SQ KA CX JL BR OZ TG KE CA CZ NZ JQ RS

Ishrion
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:47 pm

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/am ... catch.html

Oasis Conversions have been stopped. Unknown to be permanent or temporary due to fixing seats or MAX groundings or another reason. Stated to be to fix the first class seat issues.

Ishrion
Topic Author

Wed May 01, 2019 7:57 pm

https://onemileatatime.com/american-air ... ass-seats/

Rumor that "American will be making improvements to their Oasis first class seats, including better seat padding, actually making under seat storage possible, adding a USB outlet and tablet holder to the seat back, and more"

Nothing on Economy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos