H3w1tt
Topic Author

BZN Concourse Expansion Approved

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 am

https://bozemanairport.com/concourseexpansion
The expansion will increase the amount of gates from 8 to 12. Any speculation/guesses about new service or airlines that may start once its finished?
I know most of our service is in the winter but we also have a busy summer season thanks to Yellowstone National Park so perhaps its merely to sustain the peak seasons? I know lately we've had a few problems with gate space on Saturdays but that's nothing to warrant a four gate expansion I feel...

stapleton

Re: BZN Concourse Expansion Approved

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:57 am

BZN is busier in the summer but they have been growing throughout the year. They post their stats each month and here is their most recent report: https://bozemanairport.com/content/docu ... Report.doc It shows a 20 percent increase in January 2019. It also shows the stats for each month in 2018.

I think American, Frontier and Allegiant all share a gate and United shares one of their gates with JetBlue. They probably want to have less sharing of gates. I’ve seen often where both United and Delta have had four to five planes on the ground at one time.

H3w1tt
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:53 pm

stapleton wrote:
BZN is busier in the summer but they have been growing throughout the year. They post their stats each month and here is their most recent report: https://bozemanairport.com/content/docu ... Report.doc It shows a 20 percent increase in January 2019. It also shows the stats for each month in 2018.

I think American, Frontier and Allegiant all share a gate and United shares one of their gates with JetBlue. They probably want to have less sharing of gates. I’ve seen often where both United and Delta have had four to five planes on the ground at one time.

Correct gates 1 & 2 are used by Allegiant and Frontier as well as jetBlue however they don't have daily service. Gates 1 & 2 are also used by American but rumor on the street is Envoy is losing their bid so unless someone else jumps on it American may lose service to BZN (they have maybe 1 or 2 flights a day anyways). United has been parking a RON crj at gate 2 lately but they sometimes tow it out to a stand. Delta uses gates 4 & 5 regularly while United uses 6 & 7 mainly and Alaska uses 8. So that leaves 1 & 2 open for most of the day which is why I wonder a four gate expansion. I doubt AA will upgrade or add service anytime soon if they can even find someone to take over ground ops so I am curious as to who will be utilizing the new gates. I'd love to see SWA fly into BZN however I can't think of any route that they could justify a 737 on other than DEN which UA and F9 are already servicing.

alasizon

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 pm

H3w1tt wrote:
Gates 1 & 2 are also used by American but rumor on the street is Envoy is losing their bid so unless someone else jumps on it American may lose service to BZN (they have maybe 1 or 2 flights a day anyways). I doubt AA will upgrade or add service anytime soon if they can even find someone to take over ground ops so I am curious as to who will be utilizing the new gates.

Even if Envoy loses the ground handling bid due to poor performance; there are other ground handlers. Piedmont (also wholly owned) handles about half of AA's ground handling and then you always have third parties. AA isn't going to just stop flying somewhere because Envoy's ground handling performance is poor.

The four gate expansion is about ensuring that the gates are available for IRROPs and that there is room for growth.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

sircygnus

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 pm

Will this expansion be to the East or West of the existing terminal building? Gate 8 side or Gate 1 side?

SurfandSnow

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:31 am

H3w1tt wrote:
I'd love to see SWA fly into BZN however I can't think of any route that they could justify a 737 on other than DEN which UA and F9 are already servicing.

I have to think BZN is one of the most likely places in the continental U.S. to gain WN service in the coming years - along with PSP and SAV, of course. If highly seasonal ECP is possible, I see no reason why BZN is not. DEN-BZN might be the only route capable of supporting daily year round service, but surely other routes like DAL/LAS/MDW/OAK-BZN could work on a less than daily schedule much if not all of the year...
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

wnflyguy

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 am

SurfandSnow wrote:
H3w1tt wrote:
I'd love to see SWA fly into BZN however I can't think of any route that they could justify a 737 on other than DEN which UA and F9 are already servicing.

I have to think BZN is one of the most likely places in the continental U.S. to gain WN service in the coming years - along with PSP and SAV, of course. If highly seasonal ECP is possible, I see no reason why BZN is not. DEN-BZN might be the only route capable of supporting daily year round service, but surely other routes like DAL/LAS/MDW/OAK-BZN could work on a less than daily schedule much if not all of the year...

WN adding BZN has been floating around for 5 years now.
Same group of investors that successfully got WN into ECP have been working to lure WN to BZN.
But WN has been focused on finishing the FL merger,7375/3 retirements,OneRes and Hawaii.

I can see WN running 4 daily flights out of BZN at peak season and off season down to 3 daily flights.

..........................05:00 DEN
..........................06:00 OAK April-AUG.
DEN 11:00_______11:45 LAS
LAS 15:00_______15:45 DEN
DEN 23:00..........................
OAK 01:00.......................... April-AUG

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

H3w1tt
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:29 am

sircygnus wrote:
Will this expansion be to the East or West of the existing terminal building? Gate 8 side or Gate 1 side?

Gate 8 side. They’re removing the employee lot and some other things.

Dominion301

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:48 am

Are BZN’s gates CUTE?

H3w1tt
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 am

Dominion301 wrote:
Are BZN’s gates CUTE?

I believe 1-3 are... not sure about 4-8. I’m 90% positive 4&5 are solely delta while 6&7 are solely united and 8 is Alaska. But many airlines operate out of 1-3 so they must be

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos