CLTDAL
Topic Author

Possible slight change to JetBlue Livery...

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:33 pm

I received an email from "TrueBlue" which is JB's frequent flier program. They are asking for Opinions in turn for an award of 400 True Blue points. I have a very good eye for detail. It was called "JetOpinions". I noticed immediately that the "jet" logo was different. It was smaller/ stubby/ more rounded. And the dot on top of the J was a circle, NOT a square. It almost resembled the new Southwest font. I invite you to Google "JetOpinions" and you will find an image. Thoughts? Could this be a part of the April announcement?

TheLunchbox

Re: Possible slight change to JetBlue Livery...

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Keen eye Indeed but is jet Opinions affiliated with JetBlue or just a "partner"? The bottom says Research Now Group and the color of "jet" appears purple and "Opinions" turquoise. I don't think it's from JetBlue itself.

CLTDAL
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:05 pm

The "jet" seems blue in color to me. And the teal color is part of their color scheme....not used a lot, but it is on many posters and jetbridge signage. It just seemed too obviously different not to notice.....

CLTDAL
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:05 pm

The "jet" seems blue in color to me. And the teal color is part of their color scheme....not used a lot, but it is on many posters and jetbridge signage. It just seemed too obviously different not to notice.....

mjgbtv

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 pm

I'd guess that the jetOpinions branding is supposed to associate somewhat with Jet Blue without being mistaken for an actual Jet Blue entity.

TheLunchbox

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm

CLTDAL wrote:

I work for jetBlue and have never seen teal but okay. Maybe you've seen something I haven't.

AA94

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I received the same email and the disclaimer at the bottom says "The Jet Opinions program is a market research panel owned and operated by Research Now Group, Inc. [...]"

I concur with mjgbtv in thinking that they're going for JetBlue "style" but not so closely that it could be a case of mistaken identity.

ETA: They're also listed as a partner on the TrueBlue website so I think you may be reading into this too much.

mattlino

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 pm

The last change to the livery was the removal of the light blue stripe which they finally started doing on the E190

bigfoot0503

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Jet Opinions is only affiliated with JetBlue in the sense that if you agree to sign up with an account, you receive JetBlue points for completing various consumer surveys that are periodically emailed to you. Actually I am enrolled and have earned enough JetBlue points previously to purchase my wife a Business Class ticket on Hawaiian (using 60,000 JetBlue points) from HNL to Tokyo HND. Coincidentally I've never flown a mile on JetBlue and following that transaction I am now back up to 30,000 points.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos