727glasair
Topic Author

Observed today: the perfect dress/style of an Asian flight crew

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Was at HKN airport today. Saw several examples of this, but this one stood out. A full flight crew from China Eastern (MU) walked past me. 7:15 a.m. freshly dressed, they looked absolutely impeccable. All walking purposefully and closely in line, both their attire and grooming were perfect, professional, and beautiful.

The 2 male pilots led the way looking sharp....even confident...uniforms pressed, shoes new or shined. F/A's (maybe 7) all had their hair pinned up, wore coloful and stylish dresses. I must say they simply looked beautiful....and ready for a day's work!

Hey, is this typical, is it the norm? Is it a cultural thing that most Chinese or most Asian airlines aspire to.....more than other air carriers? Certainly, this was very impressive....

airbazar

Re: Observed today: the perfect dress/style of an Asian flight crew

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I find that to be pretty standard of most long haul crews away from home, not just Asian carriers because they travel to the airport together and have to clear immigration/security formalities as a group, etc. You don't see it as much on domestic or short haul because typically each individual makes it to the airport or even to the gate on their own :)

XLA2008

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm

This is pretty common every where in the world except North America. Don’t ask me why, but every airline I have ever flown for, every crew I have ever seen everywhere in the world they all pretty much follow the same standard and have pressed uniforms, perfect makeup, freshly shined shoes, airlines are very maticulous about crew and uniform standards, they also go together for their flight from the crew room, in the US they all just meet at the gate or onboard and are lackluster to say the least when it comes to appearance.

I have always found it rather interesting that the USA was one of the nations to set the standard on how flight crew should look and behave and yet today they fall VERY short on that list compared to most every other airline.

Not saying EVERY single airline in the world has the same uniform standards however outside of America I am yet to find an airline, work for an airline or meet any crew that don’t.
Last edited by XLA2008 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“

sassiciai

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Absolutely normal, and always a pleasure to see. A great demonstration of professionalism coupled with style, and a great advert for the airline!

Most airports around East and SE Asia have this all the time, obviously the major airports have more of it. Also a show case for the local traditional styles and textiles.

It makes some other nations' crews look decidedly shoddy and uncaring! If the crew don't care about their appearance, it is generally a foretaste for their level of service and customer care!

johns624

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm

I'll take performance over appearance any day of the week.

Ziyulu

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:59 pm

I didn't know MU flew to HKN (Hoskins).

eirflot

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Strange comment
Sloppily dressed crew are likely to be lax on procedures and rules too
Attention to detail usually follows through on all aspects of a persons life

Super80Fan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Seen a bunch of International crews in the same fashion at MCO, JFK, and ATL. World of difference compared to their US air carrier counterparts.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

MIflyer12

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:08 pm

johns624 wrote:

It's possible to have both.

727glasair
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

I meant the big HK airport out on that man-made island. Maybe I have the code wrong.

Thanks for the comments sass and xla2008. Yeah, I don't see this with U.S. domestic crews. Way back, perhaps Brannif was setting the style trends. But yeah, i was amazed and impressed today...

asuflyer

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:22 pm

This used to be the way in North America, just look at old PA, EA and TW photos. However in North America many FA’s are no longer trained extensively in customer service, hair and makeup, style combined with unions often deeming grooming rules as unenforceable. Airlines are additionally at fault, look at AA and the Twin Hill problems. In Asia uniforms are usually tailored, paid for by the airline so they fit better. Service industry in Asia is still very culturally important, where in the west many of these customs are seen as unnecessary and antiquated. In Asian countries FA’s are selected based upon personal presentation, height and weight which would be considered discriminatory in the US and Canada. Nevertheless I have met many younger AA, B6, AC and DL FA’s who wear the uniform well, and spend a fair amount of time on personal presentation.

sassiciai

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:24 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

I doubt even if it is possible to have the one without the other!

Anyone who doesn't care about their appearance doesn't care either about their performance in a customer facing role! I just wonder about entire airlines who do not have any rigorous dress code - what does that tell us all about their standards and respect for delivering quality service

kdeg00

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm

eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

I've found the same often holds true for use of punctuation.

redzeppelin

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm

I've seen it many times, most recently with a KLM crew in SLC. Always makes me smile.

Groover158

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 pm

kdeg00 wrote:
eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

I've found the same often holds true for use of punctuation.

Now that’s funny. :lol:

neutronstar73

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:39 pm

727glasair wrote:
Was at HKN airport today. Saw several examples of this, but this one stood out. A full flight crew from China Eastern (MU) walked past me. 7:15 a.m. freshly dressed, they looked absolutely impeccable. All walking purposefully and closely in line, both their attire and grooming were perfect, professional, and beautiful.

The 2 male pilots led the way looking sharp....even confident...uniforms pressed, shoes new or shined. F/A's (maybe 7) all had their hair pinned up, wore coloful and stylish dresses. I must say they simply looked beautiful....and ready for a day's work!

Hey, is this typical, is it the norm? Is it a cultural thing that most Chinese or most Asian airlines aspire to.....more than other air carriers? Certainly, this was very impressive....

They copied it from Japanese airlines. They do this all the time.

buzzard302

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Nothing wrong with being well dressed. It gives a person confidence and self value. Which is projected into the work environment.

asuflyer is right, there are lots of cultural and labor law differences which result in a different appearances of uniform and job presentation.

exmike

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:43 pm

johns624 wrote:

You can have both you know

tigerotor77w

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:45 pm

I get chills every time I see a SQ crew head to a gate together.

I'm from the US and don't see the same solidarity, even if walking together in itself means nothing in terms of delivered value to the passenger.

There is something almost military (i.e. precise) about certain airlines' pre-flight activities, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

airportugal310

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

I find Hawaiian crews to be generally well groomed and "together". Also can notch one up there for Delta, in general. Everyone else though...not so much.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

Pudelhund

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 pm

There is a WN flight attendant youtuber called Molives that made this observation when he was at an airport and saw some Asian carrier crew all in step together. He is well dressed and groomed, but even so WN is really casual obviously (and shouldn't be compared to Asian 4/5 star airlines in this respect) and the other WN FA with him was just kind of frumpy and boisterous, walking and eating, and so forth. Most of US cabin crew seem to carry themselves just like passengers when they are in the terminal, like they aren't at work until the door locks. I like that foreign crews have a sense of bearing and presentation at all times when they are in uniform. They just have different cultural expectations, and honestly, I think part of it must be that American workers feel a lot more democratic about their jobs and think it would be indignant to adopt the more disciplined and frankly submissive approach of classical expectations of service - the concept of knowing how to serve someone without being servile.

EBiafore99

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

asuflyer wrote:
This used to be the way in North America, just look at old PA, EA and TW photos. However in North America many FA’s are no longer trained extensively in customer service, hair and makeup, style combined with unions often deeming grooming rules as unenforceable. Airlines are additionally at fault, look at AA and the Twin Hill problems. In Asia uniforms are usually tailored, paid for by the airline so they fit better. Service industry in Asia is still very culturally important, where in the west many of these customs are seen as unnecessary and antiquated. In Asian countries FA’s are selected based upon personal presentation, height and weight which would be considered discriminatory in the US and Canada. Nevertheless I have met many younger AA, B6, AC and DL FA’s who wear the uniform well, and spend a fair amount of time on personal presentation.

+1. IMO, the real grooming problem in NA is the airport/gate crews. I've seen great looking flight crews, yet right next to them is the gate crew looks like they put on yesterday's clothes.

DiamondFlyer

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

It would be rather impossible for most flights in the US to have the crew walk to the plane together, as often they don’t operate a trip together. It’s not uncommon at some carriers for pilots and FAs to only operate one or two legs together.
From my cold, dead hands

tonystan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Am I the only one who finds this whole thread a bit creepy?

They’re airline crew, professionals with a job to do. Not objects for you to ogle over.
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

TransWorldOne

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Your observation is typical. Take a look at the crew line at customs at any international airport. It's not difficult to spot the North American crews as they are generally a frumpy/sloppy lot. Taking pride in a tidy/neatly groomed appearance isn't much of a thing among North American airline crews as it is in the rest of the world.

727glasair
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Pudelhund -- great comment, thanks! Yeah, I cannot imagine seeing an Asian crew sitting around a gate killing time, laughing loudly, chewing gum, talking on cellphone, munching potato chips, etc.....

SteelChair

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 pm

A retired Captain from a US3 carrier who had gone to Asia to work told me more than 10 years ago, "Its great to be a customer in Asia. Its not so great to be an employee in Asia."

SierraPacific

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:23 pm

This is not unique to just the airline industry in America. Practically every profession that wears a uniform here looks slobby and unkempt while other countries can figure out how to wear a uniform decently. Even some police departments just wear t shirts instead of an actual uniform while still making the t shirt look unkempt.

Coexstud

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:42 pm

i am so tired of hearing this rubbish. If you want to hasten the old days of aviation where everyone dressed the same albeit the same uniforms just different forms of people. i would hasten to say you would not be flying and if you were it would be on a Ford motor.The ideals of a upgrade ha Ha no free upgrades, no low fare for cheapoes either and no pajama wearing pax no minimal skin tight god awful looking clothes that Facebook blast all the time.People would be coothed and act as such too.no trips to china and by the way so much less to describe .

CantbeGrounded

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:44 pm

tonystan wrote:

They’re airline crew, professionals with a job to do. Not objects for you to ogle over.

I don't find this creepy, personally. "Creepy" is asking what hotels FA's use, which we've seen on this board before. I see this as admiration and respect for professionals to whom attention to detail and appearance matter, and contribute to the overall experience - sense of safety, hospitality, competence. Of course you can be less fancy and equally as capable - depends on where your focus is.

EstherLouise

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 pm

I'd be happy if they wore blue jeans and t-shirts as long as they give me a whole can of Coke without having to beg for it... followed by attitude as if I'd asked for their first born kids..
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

neutronstar73

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:01 pm

tonystan wrote:

You are the only one.

You do realize (perhaps you don't, given your comment) that the reason these crews do this IS for you to ogle and admire them, right? They are basically "walking advertisements" for their company, and they do want people to notice and look at them to admire their professionalism and well-kept appearance. Otherwise, they'd wear far more comfortable clothes and make their way to their aircraft via an out-of-sight avenue.

So I don't think your concern is based in fact.

Jouhou

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:08 pm

tonystan wrote:

Some of the comments are a bit creepy...

However having stayed in the same hotels as Cathay crew, among others, has demonstrated to me they do grab attention. If their uniforms didn't have recognizable logos on them (sometimes it's just a pin!) I'd have been left wondering who they were and what they were doing there because they looked like they meant serious business.

vhtje

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm

eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

Absolute nonsense. I work in IT. I meet sloppily (by my standards) dressed individuals constantly. That does not stop them from being some of the sharpest and cleverest people I know.

Does the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover” not mean anything to you?

In my view, it very difficult for any crew member to look sharp in some of the more recent US airline uniforms, which have clearly prioritised the wearer’s comfort over style - DL and AA spring to mind, for example.
Last edited by vhtje on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

airbazar

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 pm

sassiciai wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Anyone who doesn't care about their appearance doesn't care either about their performance in a customer facing role! I just wonder about entire airlines who do not have any rigorous dress code - what does that tell us all about their standards and respect for delivering quality service

That is 100% not true at all, especially in the U.S. where I live. I've worked with many competent and professional individuals who don't have the slightest sense of style :) I'm talking about people who think wearing PJ pants and a stained t-shirt in public in an ok thing :)

Once upon a time people used ot have that same opinion regarding people with tatoo's but thankfully that is changing.

strfyr51

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 pm

asuflyer wrote:

And at a certain age they're summarily dismissed as too OLD! That would fly about as far as a BRICK in the USA.

sassiciai

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 pm

vhtje wrote:
eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

Absolute nonsense. I work in IT. I meet sloppily (by my standards) dressed individuals constantly. That does not stop them from being some of the sharpest and cleverest people I know.

In my view, it very difficult for any crew member to look sharp in some of the more recent US airline uniforms, which have clearly prioritised the wearer’s comfort over style - DL and AA spring to mind, for example.

What you claim as absolute nonsense is....er, absolute nonsense!

Your IT wizard works in a back office or at home. There are no companies (correct me if I am wrong) in the software industry (or many others) that ask staff to wear anything remotely akin to a uniform! IBM had the white shirt/red tie thing for a while, but that was a century ago! When they do actually meet, it is people from the same company, or on the same dollar, or on the same objective. Nothing to do with meeting the mass consumer market, or a customer facing role. I am also from the software industry, and many of the sharpest were known as customer-disasters, and as such, kept at home in a cage whenever a customer (actual or potential) was about

Can you imagine if an airline that needs to have its staff visible and identifiable on-board their aircraft did not mandate a uniform? As it is mandatory, then it says something about the airline as to the degree that how the uniform is worn, and the degree to which staff may choose to wear said uniform loosely! Enough posters above comment on the difference between a march-past by a SE Asian crew and that of some US long haul airline!

I flew in 2013 a few VietJet sectors, and loved their FA uniforms. Short shorts, nice red blouses, happy staff with lots of smiles - it was great!

vhtje

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:04 pm

sassiciai wrote:
vhtje wrote:
eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

Your IT wizard works in a back office or at home. There are no companies (correct me if I am wrong) in the software industry (or many others) that ask staff to wear anything remotely akin to a uniform! IBM had the white shirt/red tie thing for a while, but that was a century ago! When they do actually meet, it is people from the same company, or on the same dollar, or on the same objective. Nothing to do with meeting the mass consumer market, or a customer facing role. I am also from the software industry, and many of the sharpest were known as customer-disasters, and as such, kept at home in a cage whenever a customer (actual or potential) was about

Can you imagine if an airline that needs to have its staff visible and identifiable on-board their aircraft did not mandate a uniform? As it is mandatory, then it says something about the airline as to the degree that how the uniform is worn, and the degree to which staff may choose to wear said uniform loosely! Enough posters above comment on the difference between a march-past by a SE Asian crew and that of some US long haul airline!

I flew in 2013 a few VietJet sectors, and loved their FA uniforms. Short shorts, nice red blouses, happy staff with lots of smiles - it was great!

You have misinterpreted my post. Of course those sloppily-dressed IT types are not in customer-facing roles; I never said they were. My post was specifically responding to a post that equated a person’s appearance to how organised their life was. Which is utter nonsense.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

sassiciai

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:08 pm

airbazar wrote:
sassiciai wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

That is 100% not true at all, especially in the U.S. where I live. I've worked with many competent and professional individuals who don't have the slightest sense of style :) I'm talking about people who think wearing PJ pants and a stained t-shirt in public in an ok thing :)

Once upon a time people used to have that same opinion regarding people with tatoo's but thankfully that is changing.

First off, if it is 100% true, then it is 100% everywhere - it cannot be more true in USA than anywhere else, despite what you and Donald might claim!

I could not give a monkey's about what you or your competent professional individuals wear, that is entirely up to them, until they make certain job choices. Join the military - wear the uniform! Joint the Police - wear the uniform! Join NASA - wear the uniform. Join an airline - wear the uniform! You do not loose your professionalism or your competence by wearing a uniform and conforming, you wear it as an entitlement that you have made the grade and can serve as a competent professional!

I'll bet that in your free wardrobe life there are tons of situations where you expect to be "served" by staff wearing a uniform, and would be pissed off otherwise! From Car rental, Big Mac, hospital, to mention the first few to come to mind!

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 pm

“Ride for the brand”, the cowboys said, true, too. You’re taking their nickel, it’s time to represent them well in public.

GF

jsnww81

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:50 pm

The notion of brand ambassadorship went out the window at the US airlines probably 20-25 years ago. I can remember well-groomed crews adhering to generally consistent uniform standards into the early-mid 1990s.

Why the change? The short answer is that most of the "long-timers" either no longer care (at best) or actively hate their employer (at worst). Fly longhaul on a US carrier, even in a premium cabin, and you quickly get the sense that everything is orchestrated to make things as easy as possible for the crew, with passenger comfort a distant second, if it's even a consideration at all. The fare-payers in seats are along for the ride while the crew 'earns' their paycheck. Professional appearance and polished service are near the bottom of their priority list, and effectively there's not a damn thing the airline can do about it.

It's always sobering to watch the crew lane at immigration in a place like LAX's Tom Bradley terminal and see a foreign-carrier crew come through, followed by a United or American crew. The foreign-carrier crews, even after a longhaul flight, almost always look put together - uniforms pressed, hair up on the women, matching luggage. The US crews generally look like they just rolled out of the crew rest bunk, waddling through with twice as much luggage, reading glasses up on their heads, and security badges flapping. It's a shame.

Bricktop

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:12 pm

vhtje wrote:
sassiciai wrote:
vhtje wrote:

You have misinterpreted my post. Of course those sloppily-dressed IT types are not in customer-facing roles; I never said they were. My post was specifically responding to a post that equated a person’s appearance to how organised their life was. Which is utter nonsense.

Because if they were customer facing, any decent management wouldn't allow them to dress like that.

Back on topic, the crew are walking talking ads for their airline. If they look sharp or sloppy, it does send a message about themselves and their employers. To pretend otherwise, to virtue signal, or whatever post-modern rationalizations one might try to make, it's simply true. (And not just for airlines either.)

stlgph

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Even more impressive is when they come walking into the hotel *after* a long haul flight. Not sure if it's still the case but at a hotel where I had gone several times for meetings and conventions because of its space, about an hour from JFK or so in normal traffic, is where the Korean Air flight crew would stay. Always *ALWAYS* stopped the lobby and all those in the restaurant, bar, etc. when they would come walking in absolutely striking after working their flight then sitting in a van for another hour or so.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Asian hiring standards are different to that of America & the West. Hence the prim & proper crews you see.

I've been to an SQ cattle call & managed a peek into their evaluation criteria - points are given for body shape, among others. In fact, the first level culling process wasn't exactly an interview - they just ask to speak about certain things (in my case, it was to talk about chicken vs. fish, which is the better meal).

It explains why the ones selected for the second round were all fit to join in a beauty pageant. Me being a fat guy had ZERO hope of getting through, wasting two hours of my time!

Also I don't understand the Westerners' obsession with Asian airline crews. Believe it or not, as an Asian I fly them frequently, and you know which airline gave me the best flying experience? Alaska!
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

alan3

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 pm

Perhaps Asian or other crews are not allowed to stop at duty free or other shops on their way to the gate whereas North American and European crews maybe have more freedom to do that, and therefore arrive to or from the gate at different times. Although marching together may present a striking image, cabin crew marching in line like soldiers is rather unnecessary and odd.

I would like to imagine there's a happy medium between American F/A's with hair like the bride of Frankenstein and untucked shirts and on the other hand, only hiring delicate petite 18-year olds in stiletto high heels and skirts so tight they can barely walk.

Yes they should be presentable- - as should anyone in a customer-facing workplace -- - but at the end of the day making sure they provide a satisfying ogling experience to customers is not their job. In fact, there have been several cases of all-female Asian crews who have had trouble dealing with things like unruly passengers. Safety is the main point, after all.

There are a lot of restrictions in freedom, and questionable workers rights that Asian and Middle East female crew members experience and that should bother people more than how sexy they are or aren't.

In light of VS just relaxing make up requirements, BBC recently re-upped an interesting article about cabin crew dress codes and the pressure female FA's experience: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201802 ... cabin-crew

727glasair
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:31 am

Thanks so much friends, great insight from all of you!

As the OP, I was just making an observation....it is my first time in Asia and I was just rather stunned, and very impressed by seeing this. Yes, my judgment is this kind of public presentation goes a long way toward projecting a high level of customer service, value, and expected performance.

seabosdca

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:31 am

Professionalism in appearance is one thing, but obsession with details that have nothing to do with the fundamental purpose of the job is quite another. I'd much rather have my flight attendants spend their training time learning to act with military precision in an emergency than covering every detail of how to walk to the gate in the airport. And safety statistics suggest that US crews are as good as any in emergency situations.

In terms of substance, the best service experiences I've had have been on US and European airlines. Asian airlines tend to feature a combination of obsequiousness and lack of agency that does absolutely nothing for me. I'd rather have customer service staff who level with me and are empowered, and have the experience, to address concerns effectively.

32andBelow

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 am

eirflot wrote:
Strange comment

Nah I'd take an alaska bush pilot with 20,000 hours over an asian pilot with 250 that's dressed good.

727glasair
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:23 am

Hi 32 and below......yes I agree with you, as everyone would. However, the emphasis on this thread is simply the admiration for an extremely well presented flight crew.

Airbuser

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 am

Who pays for their uniforms? I will never forget my first paycheck was $800. Next day I got a bill for$825 for my uniform. A little easier to stay well kept appearance when the company picks up the tab. I do agree that we look like crap. There is nothing uniform about our uniforms. This is a generalization about US crews. Some look great. Many don’t.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos