Q
Topic Author
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello:

I just downloaded for FS2004 flight plans TUI Airways. I noticed EGDX. I didn't know that St Athan serves for airline. I checked Google Earth. I cannot find the terminal parking gate. It looks very odd to me. I found two line marks B737 just east of the main taxiway in the middle from the main runway. I don't know if they are using bus shuttle to pick up or drop off passengers for TUI flights? Is that true schedule flight in St Athan?

Let me know.

Q
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Perhaps an aircraft being put into storage or being scrapped ?

Do you have the registration of the aircraft ?
 
Q
Topic Author
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:24 pm

No, Look I said that I just downloaded for the flight simulator schedule flight plans. It shows Birmingham and St Athan. Is that true flight schedule to/from St Athan? I wasn't sure if real life flight there or just error by an author who created flight plans. I wasn't too sure about those flights.

Q
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Q wrote:
No, Look I said that I just downloaded for the flight simulator schedule flight plans. It shows Birmingham and St Athan. Is that true flight schedule to/from St Athan? I wasn't sure if real life flight there or just error by an author who created flight plans. I wasn't too sure about those flights.

Q



No, a quick google search shows St Athan is a former Royal Air Force base without scheduled air service.
TUI fly to Cardiff (EGFF).

However, in real life, TUI have an MRO agreement with Cardiff Aviation, who are based in St Athan, so would make sense to see the occasional 737 there.
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:38 pm

As mentioned, the odd TUI jet does drop into Cardiff Aviation in St Athan now and again. The majority of traffic there though is for part out.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
AstanaMagic
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:38 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
Q wrote:
No, Look I said that I just downloaded for the flight simulator schedule flight plans. It shows Birmingham and St Athan. Is that true flight schedule to/from St Athan? I wasn't sure if real life flight there or just error by an author who created flight plans. I wasn't too sure about those flights.

Q



No, a quick google search shows St Athan is a former Royal Air Force base without scheduled air service.
TUI fly to Cardiff (EGFF).

However, in real life, TUI have an MRO agreement with Cardiff Aviation, who are based in St Athan, so would make sense to see the occasional 737 there.


EGDX is a MOD Airfield
2019: ALA, AGP, AMM, DXB, FRA, GYD, IST, KBP, LGW, LHR, MAD, SVQ, TAS, TBS, TSE, XRY
A/C: 319, 32B, 32S, 32Q, 32V, 321, 73H, 73J, 75W, 76W, 77E, 788, E90
A/L: BA, HY, IB, J2, JY, KC, LH, PS, TK, U2
 
Cunard
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:54 pm

AstanaMagic wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:
Q wrote:
No, Look I said that I just downloaded for the flight simulator schedule flight plans. It shows Birmingham and St Athan. Is that true flight schedule to/from St Athan? I wasn't sure if real life flight there or just error by an author who created flight plans. I wasn't too sure about those flights.

Q



No, a quick google search shows St Athan is a former Royal Air Force base without scheduled air service.
TUI fly to Cardiff (EGFF).

However, in real life, TUI have an MRO agreement with Cardiff Aviation, who are based in St Athan, so would make sense to see the occasional 737 there.


EGDX is a MOD Airfield


A FORMER MOD Airfield even!

Google is such a great tool, I recommend it to everyone especially to the OP! (sarcasm)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
caaardiff
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:14 am

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:52 pm

Cardiff Aviation have a maintenance contract with TUI covering 767, 757 and 737.
E-cube solutions are also based at St Athan for aircraft scrapping.
BA recently sent a few of their last 767's to St Athan for scrapping
 
bennett123
Posts: 8860
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:57 pm

Have you looked at the St Athan tab on www.southwalesaviationgroup.com
 
Ryga
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 am

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 am

TUI’s G-OOBH is currently in St Athan, the aircraft has now been retired.
 
AstanaMagic
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:51 am

Cunard wrote:

EGDX is a MOD Airfield

A FORMER MOD Airfield even!

Google is such a great tool, I recommend it to everyone especially to the OP! (sarcasm)


As per the current MILAIP

“St Athan is a Government aerodrome regulated by the Ministry of Defence. No guarantee can be given that this airfield meets the requirements of ICAO Annex 14 Volume I and II. Operators are to satisfy themselves that they have met all the requirements of the UK Air Navigation Order 2009 and EU-OPS.”

Parts may be FORMER as you suggest, but it is regulated by the MOD
2019: ALA, AGP, AMM, DXB, FRA, GYD, IST, KBP, LGW, LHR, MAD, SVQ, TAS, TBS, TSE, XRY
A/C: 319, 32B, 32S, 32Q, 32V, 321, 73H, 73J, 75W, 76W, 77E, 788, E90
A/L: BA, HY, IB, J2, JY, KC, LH, PS, TK, U2
 
Jerry123
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: St Athan EGDX for TUI Airways schedule flight?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:40 pm

AstanaMagic wrote:
Cunard wrote:

EGDX is a MOD Airfield

A FORMER MOD Airfield even!

Google is such a great tool, I recommend it to everyone especially to the OP! (sarcasm)


As per the current MILAIP

“St Athan is a Government aerodrome regulated by the Ministry of Defence. No guarantee can be given that this airfield meets the requirements of ICAO Annex 14 Volume I and II. Operators are to satisfy themselves that they have met all the requirements of the UK Air Navigation Order 2009 and EU-OPS.”

Parts may be FORMER as you suggest, but it is regulated by the MOD

It transfers to Welsh government ownership on the 1st April

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos