khinstorff

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 am

strfyr51 wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
I've seen a photo of the new livery proposal. It's not too shabby at all. The globe is still on the tail.

Give us a clue on what it looks like!!

Looks pretty much like the picture in a previous post. It's a good compromise of the two factions. We've rocked the globe all this time, I see no reason to move away from it

What other colors beyond white and the two blues are used?

UARNO88

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 am

Why oh why can’t carriers move beyond billboard titles? They should have stopped with Pan Am.

TWA772LR

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 am

antoniemey wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Why not bring back the “Meatball”?

Because no one associated with the CO side of the company that experienced the Lorenzo days ever wants to see that logo again.

They loved the black meatball. Then (according to a pilot I met from that era) the red one was made with employees blood.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

TWA772LR

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:44 am

khinstorff wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:

Looks pretty much like the picture in a previous post. It's a good compromise of the two factions. We've rocked the globe all this time, I see no reason to move away from it

What other colors beyond white and the two blues are used?

Silver, a light amethyst color, and a light seafoam green.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

RyanairGuru

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:35 am

Sounds perfect for when they merge with Alaska :duck:
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Coalways

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 pm

N649DL wrote:
gaystudpilot wrote:
Of course employees are hearing lots of rumors. Key decisions and final designs are of course tightly under wraps. However, there are some themes across the multiple "leaks."

1. The globe will continue to be used. The globe stands for United being a leader amongst global airlines and therefore there is no interest in casting it aside. The globe will remain on the tail. The globe will be updated and "modernized." The gold and white will be dropped and the new globe will be in shades of blue to depict depth and dimension. This is consistent with the globe used in the Polaris cabin. [This would look pretty sharp.]

2. The Tulip will return in limited use. Somewhat similar to AA's bold tail and flight symbol but UA will use the globe as a "design element" -- e.g., tail, cabin, catering service ware, accent walls in terminal/lounges/gate areas -- and the Tulip will be used selectively as a logo -- e.g., next to the United name. [This one seems sketchy to me.]

3. Gold will be dropped.

4. Select colors from the new palette *may* be used, e.g., in the Tulip, the cheatline, etc, but more likely incorporated into things that can be easily switched out over time, e.g., menus in Polaris, cocktail napkins, advertising, etc -- i.e., not as expensive as a new livery.

5. The cheatline will be consistent across the fleet and consistent with the 787 and Max.

6. The objective is to move away from the half United half Continental branding and create a more unique United branding for the future without a comprehensive re-branding effort -- i.e., "our airline."

7. Most people prefer a tweak and modernization.

Again, the above is just a synthesis of current rumors. Time will tell.

Referring to your points:

1. Fine by me but it needed updating years ago. People call it the "Disco Ball" for a reason.

2. This, should have been considered since the beginning of the merger but Smisek was way too arrogant to do so. AA/US and DL/NW both did this on the tail to represent the carrier that doesn't exist anymore. Yet many viewed not keeping the "U" was some sort of a hostile corporate takeover by CO (in some ways it was.)

3. Makes sense as it's not evident anywhere in the new uniforms.

4. Also makes sense as a "secret logo" and Polaris already has it's own logo as well.

5. OK cool.

6. Yeah, that's like common sense at this point. "Merger of Equals" was a stupid strategy and didn't work out. They got more serious about this after the PR disasters back in 2017.

7. I'd say if the above happens it's more than just a tweak and many are ready for it.

Both DL and AA both rebranded into there new livery way before they merged with US and NW

ual763

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:38 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Why not move forward and not backwards? I’d think the last thing this airline needs is reopening old wounds.

It was meant with sarcasm. Should have put the “...” behind it.
From flying to the NOTAM office

PlanesNTrains

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:46 pm

ual763 wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Why not move forward and not backwards? I’d think the last thing this airline needs is reopening old wounds.

It was meant with sarcasm. Should have put the “...” behind it.

Well I sorta thought so but I’m good at falling into those things.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

msp747

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm

N649DL wrote:
2. This, should have been considered since the beginning of the merger but Smisek was way too arrogant to do so. AA/US and DL/NW both did this on the tail to represent the carrier that doesn't exist anymore. Yet many viewed not keeping the "U" was some sort of a hostile corporate takeover by CO (in some ways it was.)

DL unveiled their current livery as they exited bankruptcy in 2007. The merger with NW wasn't announced for another year. I get that the widget is pointed at an angle, but I think it's entirely a coincidence and not some tribute to NW.

questions

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:22 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
antoniemey wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Because no one associated with the CO side of the company that experienced the Lorenzo days ever wants to see that logo again.

They loved the black meatball. Then (according to a pilot I met from that era) the red one was made with employees blood.

I never knew CO had a black meatball. Interestingly, it looks like they used a black meatball on the tail and a red meatball as the logo next to the name Continental.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Airlines_Flight_603#/media/File%3AMcDonnell_Douglas_DC-10-10%2C_Continental_Airlines_JP5954245.jpg

ER757

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:50 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
Sounds perfect for when they merge with Alaska :duck:

:rotfl: Best post in the entire thread - you made my morning :lol:

gwrudolph

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

toxtethogrady wrote:
Well, okay -- United is about to lose the last element of Continental Airlines that existed. They ditched the Houston headquarters and downsized the hub. So what's left for anyone in Houston to show loyalty to?

Hmmmm! I can't imagine making a major branding decision based on that criteria . . .

jph7291

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm

I will be eagerly awaiting this reveal. Subtly, the brand has been advancing for the past couple years. Personally, I really like the ever-expanding use of the "corner" of the globe logo. Depending on the particular application, it can be made to look more of a globe, or more of a...set of wings?

I can see the tail moving away from a globe-in-grid to this globe-in-relief. As one possible derivation, perhaps the tail will feature a mosaic of them, in various sizes and different colors (Atlantic Amethyst, Pacific Blue, Premium Purple, Runway Gray, etc) superimposed on a background of Rhapsody Blue. It would be à la jetBlue, in a good way. For visualization: https://www.riseagainsthunger.org/wp-co ... o-2017.jpg

That is my prediction. Done right, I think it could look great!

Another example of the globe corner...
https://dribbble.com/shots/3573522-Unit ... l-Branding
712, 732/G/8, 752, 763, 772/W, 320, M8/90, CR2/7/9, E45, E70/5, AT7, DH4/8
ACK, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLE, CVG, DAL, DAY, DTW, EWR, FLL, HOU, HSV, HNL, IAH, IND, MCO, MDW, MRS, NCE, OAK, ORD, ORY, PHL, RNS, SDF, YYZ
AA, AC, AF, CO, DL, FL, G4, UA, WN

N649DL

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 pm

msp747 wrote:
N649DL wrote:

DL unveiled their current livery as they exited bankruptcy in 2007. The merger with NW wasn't announced for another year. I get that the widget is pointed at an angle, but I think it's entirely a coincidence and not some tribute to NW.

No it wasn't, why would they tilt it on the tail like NW compass did for no reason?

afcjets

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:55 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
The problem is that competing companies always pay the same branding gurus for their advice, so they all work with the same trends. All department stores look the same because they paid the same guy to go out and do research and have focus groups, so they come to the same conclusions. In this case, some brand guru did a bunch of focus groups and decided that people like purple, because purple makes them think luxury. Conversely, orange is associated with cheap, which is why only LCCs use it.

The irony is United was a lot less cheap when they had the horizon stripe and tulip where orange was the most ubiquitous color of their brand.

CALTECH

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:09 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
antoniemey wrote:
ual763 wrote:

And the fact that we ran out of black paint at LAX when they were painting the tail back in 1985. Had a lot of red around. Put it on deferral. The upper layers liked the change, especially trying to come out of the 1983 bankruptcy. Evolved livery.........
The gun is a precious Symbol of Freedom
Criminals are the deadly cancer on American society
Those who believe otherwise are consumed by an ideology
That is impervious to evidence of tyrants who disarm their citizens

Pbb152

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:00 pm

N649DL wrote:
msp747 wrote:
N649DL wrote:

No it wasn't, why would they tilt it on the tail like NW compass did for no reason?

There is this little thing called Google. You should try it. It will give you the timelines. I would have posted links for you, but I would rather you keep digging yourself a hole by insisting you are right.

AaronPGH

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:35 pm

jph7291 wrote:

Agreed that this application is stunning. The design evolution that has been coming from United lately is really well executed. At this point, their print collateral, lounges, polaris, and other branding elements have drifted pretty far from the current livery. It's time, and I have high hopes for the refresh.

KLMatSJC

Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:50 pm

AaronPGH wrote:
jph7291 wrote:

Agreed that this application is stunning. The design evolution that has been coming from United lately is really well executed. At this point, their print collateral, lounges, polaris, and other branding elements have drifted pretty far from the current livery. It's time, and I have high hopes for the refresh.

I can picture the globe corner being ghosted into the fuselage, kind of like the new HA scheme or the final US Airways scheme.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

N649DL

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
N649DL wrote:
msp747 wrote:

There is this little thing called Google. You should try it. It will give you the timelines. I would have posted links for you, but I would rather you keep digging yourself a hole by insisting you are right.

Yeah I don't need to do that. Sad that this forum is filled with all these fake "Know it All" types.

Is it coincidence that NW and DL announced BK on the same day in 2005 and *just maybe* after exiting in 2007 they released a livery similar to NW because they were going to merge with them in less than a year? There's a book on this, DL and NW had plans to tie up as early as 2004.

ord

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm

The Delta livery has absolutely nothing to do with Northwest. Prior to merging with Northwest, Delta was also in talks with United. So where is the nod to United in case that was their merger partner? Also, what if Northwest had been the surviving brand? Does the Northwest livery have a nod to Delta? In addition, had the tilted widget been a tribute to Northwest Delta's PR would have made a big deal of the fact. It would have been mentioned in the merger announcement press release guaranteed. Or somebody somewhere along the way in the past 10-11 years would have said "Yeah, I worked on the livery and it was a nod to Northwest." That never happened. Don't forget, too, that in the 1960s Delta did have a tilted widget.

Something is fact when backed up by concrete evidence and proven to be true. And there is nothing that was ever said, written or documented even giving a hint that the Delta livery is a tribute to Northwest.

strfyr51

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:21 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
I'm not sure why people hate the globe. It has a professional look and that's what Continental was about. They were kind of the only legacy that had their act together in the late 90's and 2000's.

their act at doing what? They Twice declared bankruptcy And tried to stab UAL in the butt to get their pacific division!

TTailedTiger

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 am

strfyr51 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
I'm not sure why people hate the globe. It has a professional look and that's what Continental was about. They were kind of the only legacy that had their act together in the late 90's and 2000's.

their act at doing what? They Twice declared bankruptcy And tried to stab UAL in the butt to get their pacific division!

I hate to break it to you but United was in bankruptcy too. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

afcjets

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:58 am

AaronPGH wrote:
jph7291 wrote:

Pretty far from the current one? So far, it’s almost identical, except for ditching the gold. Look at post 103.

strfyr51

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:20 am

It's really time for UAL to have a new livery. The Continental Livery was easily applied and simple to maintain. But? It's Boring!! United has climbed back up in efficiency and profitability due to managers who manage with a vengeance! I think they manage that way because they were cast off by their former carriers and NOW? They intend to show us How it's done. The First thing is?? Cast a new shadow. What we had was ok. Now? Let's show you something Better! The Cabins have been refreshed. The Crews are looking fresh. Now ? Lets see a fresh new Paint job!!. The Globe is important because United is GLOBAL Airline! It may get old in the coming years, But for NOW? It's "in the pocket"!

CALTECH

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:08 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

I hate to break it to you but United was in bankruptcy too. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

Let alone how the old United tried to crush it's slightly younger sibling.

That's the kind of crap that fortunately, is on it's way out. A evolution of the livery will not fix the bitterness in some.

TWA772LR

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:38 am

This is the only thread we've had about a new UA livery since the merger that is true. Please keep it on track.
Last edited by TWA772LR on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

questions

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 am

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC!!

In United Core colors :lol:

Coalways

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 am

Any speculation on what aircraft type will sport the first of the new paint design? New delivery?

LHUSA

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 am

Coalways wrote:
Any speculation on what aircraft type will sport the first of the new paint design? New delivery?

I would suspect the 777-300ER? Would the timing work for the new batch that was ordered?

CALTECH

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:45 am

Coalways wrote:

Tossup. Plane going into repaint is easy to do. Changing a new airplane's factory applied paint is a little more involved and takes more lead time. Could be a aircraft going in for a complete repaint in the next few weeks .

afcjets

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 am

strfyr51 wrote:
The Globe is important because United is GLOBAL Airline! It may get old in the coming years, But for NOW? It's "in the pocket"!

IMO there is a bit of a disconnect between the name United and a globe icon which is why it seems forced, which of course it was. Also, there should be no reason one of the largest airlines from the US that has been around for almost 100 years and flown to several continents for decades needs to convince anyone it is a global airline.

N649DL

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 am

CALTECH wrote:
Coalways wrote:

Tossup. Plane going into repaint is easy to do. Changing a new airplane's factory applied paint is a little more involved and takes more lead time. Could be a aircraft going in for a complete repaint in the next few weeks .

Going with my gut I'd say the 752, considering they were looking for the woman's livery on it recently.

Beedo46

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:08 am

ord wrote:
The Delta livery has absolutely nothing to do with Northwest. Prior to merging with Northwest, Delta was also in talks with United. So where is the nod to United in case that was their merger partner? Also, what if Northwest had been the surviving brand? Does the Northwest livery have a nod to Delta? In addition, had the tilted widget been a tribute to Northwest Delta's PR would have made a big deal of the fact. It would have been mentioned in the merger announcement press release guaranteed. Or somebody somewhere along the way in the past 10-11 years would have said "Yeah, I worked on the livery and it was a nod to Northwest." That never happened. Don't forget, too, that in the 1960s Delta did have a tilted widget.

Something is fact when backed up by concrete evidence and proven to be true. And there is nothing that was ever said, written or documented even giving a hint that the Delta livery is a tribute to Northwest.

Just my observation, but when the tail does a 180, the Widget points to the NE (Yellowbirds, anyone?)

strfyr51

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:55 am

I'm a United Retiree, of 30+ years, I didn't come from CO either. I saw the wisdom in painting the fleet in CO's Colors after the merger
Now? I see the wisdom in repainting the fleet, AND? In keeping the globe on the tail. United is a global carrier. And now? Our performance Warrants the Globe on the Tail as well.. I say? Keep it!

Arion640

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 am

Inflightvideo has shared an apparent “leak” on his twitter page. If accurate, it looks awful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/inflightvide ... 7310792715
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.

CarbonFibre

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 am

Lets hope it's just an idea!

Stickpusher

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:16 am

N649DL wrote:
Is it coincidence that NW and DL announced BK on the same day in 2005...

Not to derail too much, just to add that Chapter 11 rules were changing in late 2005 (to stop companies from abusing bankruptcy protections, BAPCPA) so there were many companies, not only airlines, contemplating entering bankruptcy while the rules were still lax enough. So there are other reasons as to why entering bk would not have been a coincidence. NW & DL were both in a decline that would have brought bk perhaps in 2006, and there was a lot of column inches devoted to their deliberations as to whether to go in early. In fact I seem to recall that the date they entered bk was in fact a threshold date of some sort - it was certainly something that came up in the media of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_Abuse_Prevention_and_Consumer_Protection_Act

Alluded to in this NYT article
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/14/business/two-major-airlines-seen-near-filing-for-bankruptcy.html

As for livery changes, I've no strong opinion, but although I find the CO livery a bit generic it has a certain sense of the original Lufthansa and the BA Landor about it, a kind of solid and sober presence. If UA wants to keep that businesslike aspect they'll stay close to it. If they're going to tone down the contrast by going to a more muted palette it might become a bit more businesslike but also lose some visual impact. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I've been disappointed to see the changes with Iberia, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, and China Eastern (!), and the reaction of people to retro liveries is quite telling even if most of it is nostalgia rather than aesthetics - so although the CO tail is a bit "meh" to me already, I'm sure they could do worse! The concern is that they might! :)

In the end it's all opinion.

CONTACREW

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:36 am

Arion640 wrote:
Inflightvideo has shared an apparent “leak” on his twitter page. If accurate, it looks awful.

It’s fake and was a rendering someone made back in 2012.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call

Arion640

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:42 am

CONTACREW wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

It’s fake and was a rendering someone made back in 2012.

Oh good.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.

khinstorff

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Stickpusher wrote:
I've been disappointed to see the changes with Iberia, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, and China Eastern (!), and the reaction of people to retro liveries is quite telling even if most of it is nostalgia rather than aesthetics - so although the CO tail is a bit "meh" to me already, I'm sure they could do worse! The concern is that they might! :)

In the end it's all opinion.

In the end, I don’t think these airlines really care what we, the customers, want. Airlines are commodity products, every plane in the world could be painted brown and we would all still fly on them.

TheLion

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Contrary to many on here, I’ve always liked the CO/UA golden globe livery, and I also hope they keep some gold in their scheme.

For me, ideally the new globe would include a variety of shades of blue, not dissimilar to the 2012 concept upthread. I’d include the new teal/turquoise, purple and deep blue colours, but would also retain some gold.

On the fuselage, I’d use the 787/737-MAX style wavy gold cheatline, perhaps updated with a blue cheat crossing it, but both sitting lower to allow for the larger titles. A blue belly could be an option, though the current grey does allow the stronger elements on the livery to shine, and so with the strong accents suggested above could be kept.

Finishing it off would be larger - and perhaps even billboard - United titling, with a return of the tulip next to it, perhaps slightly faded. So utilising two icons of the airline, à la TK, as another a.netter suggested upthread.

With the above ideas, if they went billboard they’d need to drop the cheatline and belly colouring down before it reaches the billboard title. Either way, this version could end up being innovative, while evolutionary.

What do you all think?

GEUltraFan9XGTF wrote:
HPRamper wrote:
I'm hoping the globe is replaced with a flat earth to go along with all the chemtrails UA's planes are releasing onto the innocent populace every day.

You win this thread.

Sometimes a.net is just brilliant in its acerbic humour.

Big marks to both of you! :white:

toxtethogrady wrote:
Well, okay -- United is about to lose the last element of Continental Airlines that existed. They ditched the Houston headquarters and downsized the hub. So what's left for anyone in Houston to show loyalty to?

Toxteth, are you a Liverpool local like me?

Cheers
The Lion
Last edited by TheLion on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gwrudolph

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:20 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:
jph7291 wrote:

I can picture the globe corner being ghosted into the fuselage, kind of like the new HA scheme or the final US Airways scheme.

Agreed. When I saw this one in MCO I was surprised. Looked awesome.

gwrudolph

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 am

Arion640 wrote:

Please don’t let that be it. That is awful

GSPSPOT

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am

Why not just adapt the livery of the 787s to the entire fleet? A nice refresh without reinventing the wheel.
Great Lakes, great life.

InnsbruckFlyer

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 am

Doubt it’s the real one, but I personally like this one:

It’s smart and has hints of the Blue livery.
--
Aegean Blue, United 1K

questions

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:21 am

InnsbruckFlyer wrote:

That actually looks decent and may not be far off from the “evolutionary” design.

However...

1. I don’t like the way the lower fuselage starts off at the nose. I’d prefer a straight line all the way across.

2. I liked what gaystudpilot said — that the globe on the tail may be similar to the all blue globe used in the Polaris cabin, i.e., shades of blue vs blue and white.

3. I think the globe will be updated.

It’s time United gets a United livery!

UAL777UK

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:06 am

InnsbruckFlyer wrote:

I really like that. Good job.

slider

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
I'm a United Retiree, of 30+ years, I didn't come from CO either. I saw the wisdom in painting the fleet in CO's Colors after the merger
Now? I see the wisdom in repainting the fleet, AND? In keeping the globe on the tail. United is a global carrier. And now? Our performance Warrants the Globe on the Tail as well.. I say? Keep it!

How dare you bring reason and rational opinion to this thread! :)

I'm with you. FAR too much is made of livery nonsense by the armchair QBs and windbags of Airliners.net.

Pudelhund

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:38 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
I've seen a photo of the new livery proposal. It's not too shabby at all. The globe is still on the tail.

... Which post?

EDIT: The Atlas Air/United Charter one with a globe on the tail? I think that is a likely design choice, unfortunately.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos