CDGIAD

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:19 pm

I saw this picture today

Is this 77W for UA and could it be in the new livery?

The blue on the tail loooks like UA's but the white pattern doesn't look like the globe.

KVH68

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm

CDGIAD wrote:
I saw this picture today

The blue on the tail loooks like UA's but the white pattern doesn't look like the globe.

LN1598, MSN 61514 is for All Nippon Airwways

United1

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:29 pm

CDGIAD wrote:
I saw this picture today

That plane, line 1598, is going to ANA....UAs are due late in the year so are not on the assembly line yet.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

CDGIAD

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:37 pm

KVH68 wrote:
CDGIAD wrote:
I saw this picture today

Ok thanks for the answer.
The white pattern doesn't look like the A of ANA either.

United1

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 pm

CDGIAD wrote:
KVH68 wrote:
CDGIAD wrote:
I saw this picture today

Ok thanks for the answer.
The white pattern doesn't look like the A of ANA either.

ANA would not have been my first guess but the 777 production thread is always a helpful resource when one is looking for answers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

If UA is unveiling this on a new aircraft its probably on 78X #1007 which is in paint at FTW. I don't think any UA aircraft are in for paint otherwise.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

VC10er

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:58 pm

unitedewr737 wrote:
Found this photo and a couple other variations on an SF design website, seems to fit all the rumors, and the "UNITED" fits the "Her Art Here" design guidelines. The link for the website is: https://www.dsdesignoffice.co/united-airlines/ For some reason I can't make the image work, i put the link between the two image brackets but I just get a box with a question mark out of it. Here is the Flickr link as well: https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/1142M3

FIRST: any contracted branding/design agency hired by a big company (be it Skippy peanut butter, owned by Hornell foods, or United Airlines) would be FORCED to sign a very strict NDA. If they won the pitch and the budget agreed to, they would NOT be allowed to start the project, even in the smallest way, and SECOND they would be FORCED to sign a MSA (a contract that very clearly outlines extremely important things such as Liability, and prove they have every relevant insurance policy and a confidentiality section that is written in such a scary way, you’d soil yourself, and that EVERYTHING shown to them (idea, design, IP of any kind) automatically becomes the ownership of UCH, and only when both parties have signed and the agency gets the PO, then work can start.
LAST: if the agency revealed the design on their website prior to launch they would be in violent breach of the MSA - and all of HELL’s ANGER AND PUNISHMENT would rain down upon them. They would require written permission to promote it.
One interesting question that I’d have to ask my lawyer: if my agency decided to do a new “pretend” United livery, for kicks, and put it on our website, I would assume that United or any other company would NOT like it, and probably take legal action and force us to take it down.
Probably, if you are a single designer and not an LLC, maybe you’d be fine.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

ocaviation

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Here's a little something I put together. Personally, I like the white, modern look.

Yes, it's on an A350, but that's the only good template I could find, being I couldn't find a good 787 template. If I'm correct, they have 45 350's on order anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

xxcr

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 pm

ocaviation wrote:

Here's a little something I put together. Personally, I like the white, modern look.

Yes, it's on an A350, but that's the only good template I could find, being I couldn't find a good 787 template. If I'm correct, they have 45 350's on order anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

this looks way too much Lufthansa's livery with the addition of the purple.

einsteinboricua

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 am

xxcr wrote:
this looks way too much Lufthansa's livery with the addition of the purple.

I actually wouldn't put it past UA to follow LH's lead and do a mostly eurowhite fuselage, with the word UNITED displayed, with a solid dark blue tail (maybe a gradient towards a dark purple), with the globe retained in its shape (or extremely tilted as in the Polaris pictures posted earlier on).

The other variant I can see if following AC's livery, with the blue extended through the lower part of the fuselage, and maybe a star at the very top of the rudder to symbolize Polaris.

EDIT:
ocaviation wrote:

THIS! This is the modification I can see being made.

Link
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

ual763

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 am

Take of this what you will, but...

This coming from a UAL employee:

From flying to the NOTAM office

intotheair

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:34 am

ual763 wrote:

That's the same image posted in the previous page from that freelance graphic designer. He had a lot of concept drawings for other brands on his website, so I'd put that in the "fan mock livery" category.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

ual763

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35 am

intotheair wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That's the same image posted in the previous page from that freelance graphic designer. He had a lot of concept drawings for other brands on his website, so I'd put that in the "fan mock livery" category.

Okay, didn’t see that one. Thank God! Because I hate it.
From flying to the NOTAM office

EA CO AS

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 am

Replace the globe with Chester and you've basically got the AS livery there!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

lugie

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:25 am

ocaviation wrote:

I don't dislike it, just seems like a LOT of white.

I added the purple/blue swoosh to the engines and winglet and it and I'd say it does improve the overall look but I also did a very sloppy job (5 minutes in illustrator)
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY

khinstorff

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 am

lugie wrote:
ocaviation wrote:

I added the purple/blue swoosh to the engines and winglet and it and I'd say it does improve the overall look but I also did a very sloppy job (5 minutes in illustrator)

I’m getting a ton of Alaska vibes from the last few designs we’ve seen posted. I’m also getting some LATAM vibes from your latest design. All good work, thanks for all the hard work.

I’m starting to wonder if they need to add gray to cut down on the white. Would love to see some Pacific Blue mixed in to be honest. As designed, it’s too much like LH, it’s not different enough to set them apart!

intotheair

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:57 am

I doubt we’ll see anything like a lot of the last few mockups. I know it’s a trend among more recent liveries to spill the tail design onto the fuselage, but I think that would only distort the globe even more. I also doubt they’ll invert the globe on the tail compared to the globe’s orientation on the current livery and the logo used for everything. All that would do is make it look even more inconsistent.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

eal

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:07 am

ual763 wrote:

This was just one of the designs proposed by this freelance guy on his personal website, highly unlikely this is the livery

Whoever made this fake tweet format to convince people should figure out something else to do with their time

N649DL

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:44 am

I really just don't like these globes on the mock schemes as there are issues with pixels or alignment of it in general. Even CO had a refreshed branding scheme in print ads that look more advanced back in 2009 over some of these. If so, isn't an "evolution" of the logo, it's an alignment. Which sounds about right coming out of Willis Tower these days. Some of these mock ups of the globe at the gates look like N64 as if they were stripped from a CO .ZIP file and plastered onto baggage carts.

AA could do it somewhat right, why is UA clinging to the past (if certain)? Even throwing purple over the thing would be an improvement. If true, it sounds like they don't want to invest in paint (AA I'm sure is stocked up in it.)

Hell, I'm warming up even more to the purple ball over the supposed "leaked" backroom meeting scheme. Add a few more lines in the purple ball or they can just buy the logo from AT&T at this point. That logo would combine UA and CO brilliantly, 9 years later.

**HINT: AT&T never changed their iconic scheme via mergers, UAL did and now they're in an identity crisis.

It shouldn't be this hard to come up with something more inspiring as the colors are there, the "Globe" logo innovation / alignment / pixels aren't up to snuff on the tail (as someone works in Marketing.)

I understand "the Globe" logo was done for cost saving measures 9 years ago but it should be long gone in it's current form at this point. Ask anyone, most PAX probably see the tired logo and dread boarding the plane at this point with low expectations.

tpaewr

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:53 am

Merger eve some of CO internal systems sported a grey/purple version of the Globe logo not wildly far from some of the stuff surfacing now. I don’t think it ever made public/external but the logo over the gates in IAD is much like it only that is all blue.

N649DL

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 am

tpaewr wrote:
Merger eve some of CO internal systems sported a grey/purple version of the Globe logo not wildly far from some of the stuff surfacing now. I don’t think it ever made public/external but the logo over the gates in IAD is much like it only that is all blue.

This (with the lighting over the globe) would be an improvement on the tail. Make it really look 3 dimensional: https://www.google.com/search?q=contine ... D2M:&vet=1

That said, don't miss that cocky form of advertising. That guy probably got scooped up by DL to do their cocktail napkin ads.

Blankbarcode

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:34 pm

N649DL wrote:

This (with the lighting over the globe) would be an improvement on the tail. Make it really look 3 dimensional: https://www.google.com/search?q=contine ... D2M:&vet=1

That said, don't miss that cocky form of advertising. That guy probably got scooped up by DL to do their cocktail napkin ads.

I've got to say this one isn't my favorite! There's something distinctly mid 2000s about that 3D effect IMO. On the topic of that I think flat is a better choice.

Granted I'm not a fan of Oneworlds logo either

Scarebus34

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Pretty sure the aircraft with the new livery will be a 78X which is currently at FTW for paint...

blockski

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:17 pm

ocaviation wrote:

I like this a LOT better than the other concept from the freelance guy. Making the globe bigger, where the curve of the globe goes beyond the edges of the stabilizer makes it 'fit' a lot better, IMO.

TWA772LR

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 pm

lugie wrote:
ocaviation wrote:

I think the purple edge on the tail should be extended out to the nose in the 787 style swoosh, and the blue on this version where the grey is on the present version and i think it will look good.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Sooner787

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Wonder if they'll add UNITED titles to the bellys of their jets
like QF and EK ?

Galvan316

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
Wonder if they'll add UNITED titles to the bellys of their jets
like QF and EK ?

That would be awesome!
ORD and MDW is where youll find Me!

CarlosSi

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Not a fan of the current globe showing up on a new livery. I’d prefer if they used that other more abstract version of it that’s come up a few times.

elbandgeek

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Blankbarcode wrote:
N649DL wrote:

I've got to say this one isn't my favorite! There's something distinctly mid 2000s about that 3D effect IMO. On the topic of that I think flat is a better choice.

Granted I'm not a fan of Oneworlds logo either

In hindsight, the 2D globe has actually aged much better than the faux 3D one. It's the same situation as digital UI design. You used to use the "realistic" looking 3D elements to hide the imperfections from lower resolutions but now you have ultra sharp HD and higher screens and so the flat with clean lines looks much better because it sort of disappears against the flatness of the screen or print. Compare Windows 7 and 10 or older versions of iOS to current ones. The globe actually lucked out in that it fits into current trends almost solely by coincidence.

einsteinboricua

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:32 pm

N649DL wrote:
**HINT: AT&T never changed their iconic scheme via mergers, UAL did and now they're in an identity crisis.

Not when AT&T was the dominant company. But when they were acquired by Cingular, it was originally known as Cingular and used the Cingular logo (but with blue text) before being renamed to AT&T. A similar example is when HP acquired US but kept the US logo and name. The UA/CO merger was a merger of (relative) equals. How does one company emerge victorious in such a scenario?

N649DL

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:51 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
N649DL wrote:

Not when AT&T was the dominant company. But when they were acquired by Cingular, it was originally known as Cingular and used the Cingular logo (but with blue text) before being renamed to AT&T. A similar example is when HP acquired US but kept the US logo and name. The UA/CO merger was a merger of (relative) equals. How does one company emerge victorious in such a scenario?

Simple, do a hybrid approach like what AA/US did. US influence is obviously on the tail and the AA logo got rebranded and used as the centerpiece of all advertising. UA took the lazy approach and just took the CO globe and entirely kill the legacy UAL logo (out of ego and saving money.) To which, many already hated UA by the time they merged with CO but the livery was already established and well-respected. It was easier to bash UA ("Dr. Dao" Era) when it was this almost 30 year old diluted color scheme that didn't even resemble anything from the past with CO anymore. So Smisek killed two birds with one stone, Legacy UAL reputation mixed in with what was left with CO's color scheme to be associated with it.

I was actually a big fan of the HP/US color scheme. They took HP colors and placed it on the body of the plane and mixed it in with existing US colors on the tail. I'm probably in the minority on that one though.

einsteinboricua

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:38 pm

N649DL wrote:
Simple, do a hybrid approach like what AA/US did. US influence is obviously on the tail and the AA logo got rebranded and used as the centerpiece of all advertising.

But that wasn't what you said. You used AT&T as an example of a company that didn't change logo through mergers. Granted, AA still kept the Eagle (in a certain way), but it is a very different logo nonetheless. In the UA/CO merger, something was bound to happen. Do you keep the Tulip and call the airline CO? Do you merge the Globe and Tulip?

I was of the opinion that post merger UA should have honored the Tulip in some manner. Call the lounge the Tulip Lounge; call your premium product the Tulip Class (though Polaris with the Globe definitely has a better resonance)...something.

N649DL wrote:
UA took the lazy approach and just took the CO globe and entirely kill the legacy UAL logo (out of ego and saving money.) To which, many already hated UA by the time they merged with CO but the livery was already established and well-respected.
The Tulip is memorable but it just doesn't evoke the global reach that the CO Globe does. Add the mix of liveries that UA had at the time and it's easy to understand why they chose to go with the CO livery. I was a big fan of Battleship Grey, far more than Rising Blue (and that says a lot considering that blue is my favorite color) but the BG was worn out and RB was just sloppy. The other thing is: do you spend money attempting a new logo and livery on both airlines or do you save some money in the short term? UA planes definitely needed a new paintjob. CO's planes? Not so much.

And let's assume that the incidents of "unfriendly skies" happened in the new logo. It's harder to shed a brand new image than it is to shed an image that is seen as interim.

N649DL wrote:
I was actually a big fan of the HP/US color scheme. They took HP colors and placed it on the body of the plane and mixed it in with existing US colors on the tail. I'm probably in the minority on that one though.

Hello fellow minority member. :highfive:

Blockplus

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:21 pm

ual763 wrote:

Mr freelance must have gotten a call from UA legal, as all Ua images are now gone.
Last edited by Blockplus on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ER757

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:24 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
[
N649DL wrote:

Add me into that camp - there's probably more of us than you'd think.

I am not expecting anything radical in the way of UA's refresh, I think they'll do something more along the lines of AS or HL and keep the main elements with tweaks here and there.

Scarebus34

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Blockplus wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Me freelance must have gotten a call from UA legal, as all Ua images are now gone.

Yep - they have been removed which makes me believe that its probably the real deal. There were four different tail designs, perhaps all four will be introduced kind of like what JetBlue has in their various tail designs.

N649DL

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:37 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
N649DL wrote:
Simple, do a hybrid approach like what AA/US did. US influence is obviously on the tail and the AA logo got rebranded and used as the centerpiece of all advertising.

But that wasn't what you said. You used AT&T as an example of a company that didn't change logo through mergers. Granted, AA still kept the Eagle (in a certain way), but it is a very different logo nonetheless. In the UA/CO merger, something was bound to happen. Do you keep the Tulip and call the airline CO? Do you merge the Globe and Tulip?

I was of the opinion that post merger UA should have honored the Tulip in some manner. Call the lounge the Tulip Lounge; call your premium product the Tulip Class (though Polaris with the Globe definitely has a better resonance)...something.

N649DL wrote:
UA took the lazy approach and just took the CO globe and entirely kill the legacy UAL logo (out of ego and saving money.) To which, many already hated UA by the time they merged with CO but the livery was already established and well-respected.
The Tulip is memorable but it just doesn't evoke the global reach that the CO Globe does. Add the mix of liveries that UA had at the time and it's easy to understand why they chose to go with the CO livery. I was a big fan of Battleship Grey, far more than Rising Blue (and that says a lot considering that blue is my favorite color) but the BG was worn out and RB was just sloppy. The other thing is: do you spend money attempting a new logo and livery on both airlines or do you save some money in the short term? UA planes definitely needed a new paintjob. CO's planes? Not so much.

And let's assume that the incidents of "unfriendly skies" happened in the new logo. It's harder to shed a brand new image than it is to shed an image that is seen as interim.

N649DL wrote:

No, much like DL and a lesser extent AA they should've just went dead on to become UAL. The last color scheme for UAL was beautiful, younger, and rather inspiring. CO's was already old by 2010 (almost 20 years old in fact.) They could've kept some things CO back end, in fact I would've rather for many reasons the HQ be in Houston rather than Chicago. The problem really was Smisek and had it been anybody else, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

khinstorff

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
Blockplus wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Me freelance must have gotten a call from UA legal, as all Ua images are now gone.

Yep - they have been removed which makes me believe that its probably the real deal. There were four different tail designs, perhaps all four will be introduced kind of like what JetBlue has in their various tail designs.

I’m very skeptical that the freelancer would have posted these if they were even remotely close. I’ve done a fair amount of contracting freelancers, and the agreements with brands typically prevent the freelancer from publicly displaying spec work or anything that’s a “work-in-progress” until well after the work has been completed and the final design rolled out by the client. These portfolio pieces typically wouldn’t show up in this fashion either. It all seems very strange, and would be a terribly stupid business move by the freelancer to post this work.

fcogafa

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:21 pm

STLflyer

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:21 pm

VC10er wrote:
unitedewr737 wrote:
Found this photo and a couple other variations on an SF design website, seems to fit all the rumors, and the "UNITED" fits the "Her Art Here" design guidelines. The link for the website is: https://www.dsdesignoffice.co/united-airlines/ For some reason I can't make the image work, i put the link between the two image brackets but I just get a box with a question mark out of it. Here is the Flickr link as well: https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/1142M3

FIRST: any contracted branding/design agency hired by a big company (be it Skippy peanut butter, owned by Hornell foods, or United Airlines) would be FORCED to sign a very strict NDA. If they won the pitch and the budget agreed to, they would NOT be allowed to start the project, even in the smallest way, and SECOND they would be FORCED to sign a MSA (a contract that very clearly outlines extremely important things such as Liability, and prove they have every relevant insurance policy and a confidentiality section that is written in such a scary way, you’d soil yourself, and that EVERYTHING shown to them (idea, design, IP of any kind) automatically becomes the ownership of UCH, and only when both parties have signed and the agency gets the PO, then work can start.
LAST: if the agency revealed the design on their website prior to launch they would be in violent breach of the MSA - and all of HELL’s ANGER AND PUNISHMENT would rain down upon them. They would require written permission to promote it.
One interesting question that I’d have to ask my lawyer: if my agency decided to do a new “pretend” United livery, for kicks, and put it on our website, I would assume that United or any other company would NOT like it, and probably take legal action and force us to take it down.
Probably, if you are a single designer and not an LLC, maybe you’d be fine.

You would think so. But I did a web development gig at one of the major automakers and their agency leaked new vehicles by mistake several times (not as brazen as putting it up on their website, but when something leaked, their careless employees were the source). They were also just bad at what they did, and didn’t know what a deadline was if it hit them in the backside. But nothing ever happened. They’ve been their agency for 50 years, and they’re going to still be their agency when we’re all dead. Those of us whose jobs were made more difficult by their incompetence had to learn to accept that fact.

I don’t know what UA’s relationship with this agency is, but they may feel invincible because they’ve been able to get away with everything so far.

Polot

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I would expect that if those are official the mockups would be far nicer. Look how terrible the photoshop is, they don’t even try to make it look like the plane is a 3D surface especially the one with the planes parked at the gate.

WALmsp

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:32 pm

fcogafa wrote:

The website has an update:

"Update: A United spokesperson has reached out and indicated that this isn’t in fact the new livery. "
In memory of my Dad, Robert "Bob" Fenrich, WAL 1964-1979, MSP ONT LAX

Airlines0613

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:51 pm

WALmsp wrote:
fcogafa wrote:

"Update: A United spokesperson has reached out and indicated that this isn’t in fact the new livery. "

That’s a relief, that concept is appalling IMO.

AA737-823

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:17 am

WALmsp wrote:
fcogafa wrote:

Thank goodness.
Who knows, the real one might be worse.
But that one was... not great. Way too under-branded, generic.
Several of the concepts drawn up in this thread were better.

smflyer

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 am

Anyone notice UA updated their iOS app today? The app logo looked slightly different and I compared it to the logo found on their website and its slightly different. The downward longitudinal lines on the globe now have a sharper curve and the latitudinal lines have the "teeth" facing upwards wheras the one on the website face downwards. Not sure if this is just a variation of their current logo, but thought I would point that out to anyone who is more familiar with the matter.

ocaviation

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:45 am

I did an April Fools joke on my Instagram page by making a fake United Hub post, making the livery, and putting it all together in the fake post/article with a custom title and body text, so it looked convinsing. I got lots of people, but on the reveal post stating it was a joke, United comented this. I don't know if that means anything or if it's a hint....

All of this stuff going on has my head spinning. Hopefully we have news soon!

n7371f

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:19 am

Alaska's new corporate look is part of all the rage of a rainbow of colors wrapping, then converging together. The UA job, if this is legit, plays off that. You'll fine the "wave" look inside Hawaiian's 321 on setbacks and bulkheads. Wells Fargo branding. Alaska as I mentioned. Becoming very cookie cutter.

khinstorff wrote:
lugie wrote:
ocaviation wrote:

I’m getting a ton of Alaska vibes from the last few designs we’ve seen posted. I’m also getting some LATAM vibes from your latest design. All good work, thanks for all the hard work.

I’m starting to wonder if they need to add gray to cut down on the white. Would love to see some Pacific Blue mixed in to be honest. As designed, it’s too much like LH, it’s not different enough to set them apart!

lew01

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Maybe something more like this would be good?
Keeps the grey under the belly so it's not just fully eurowhite ;-) :D :D :D

It could also be good to cut the globe as I did here - I find it was quite an awkward shape when some was visible behind the tail
:D :D :D :D

xxcr

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 pm

lew01 wrote:

It could also be good to cut the globe as I did here - I find it was quite an awkward shape when some was visible behind the tail

this reminds of the AS haha, but i actually like this one. Its a fresh look, and the hint of purple and the grey bottom is nice.

lew01

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:36 pm

xxcr wrote:
lew01 wrote:

this reminds of the AS haha, but i actually like this one. Its a fresh look, and the hint of purple and the grey bottom is nice.

Thanks! Yeah i need to work on my Photoshop but I think it keeps at least some previous elements too :-)
:D :D :D :D

jetblastdubai

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 pm

lew01 wrote:

Stunning. I like the super dark purple background of the globe as opposed to the blue background in previous versions. It compliments the lavender/light purple accent line much better.

Paint the engine nacelles purple as well and I'd give it a solid "10".
Every zoo is a petting zoo......if you're a man!

questions

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:27 pm

lew01 wrote:

Your latest creation looks awesome!

I agree there is a high probability of a white globe on the tail, possibly repositioned as you depicted. However, I still think there is a chance will see a blue globe as depicted on the Polaris cabin wall in post #43.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos