Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5747
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 am

lew01 wrote:
khinstorff wrote:
lew01 wrote:
Maybe something more like this would be good?
Keeps the grey under the belly so it's not just fully eurowhite ;-) :D :D :D
Image

It could also be good to cut the globe as I did here - I find it was quite an awkward shape when some was visible behind the tail


How did it look with billboard titles?


Hey! I tried adding the billboard titles here - looks better than I expected! I also thought it would be a pretty nice idea to name each of their aircraft after something inspirational :-)

Image


Excellent job, I like the billboard lettering. Hopefully you put this in your art folio. If UA adapted that look, I'd be happy with it. I am a fan of the tulip as well, but the globe is more professional appearing.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:35 am

I would love to see the Battleship livery again. It’s nice to see the BA Landor livery again, which was similar and of the same era. I would imagine though that a lot of people would *not* want to see the Battleship again though, especially the general public.

Saul Bass would be cool. Maybe they could please everyone by painting Saul Bass UA on one side and Saul Bass CO on the other.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
ual777
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:18 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:09 am

Thomaas wrote:
ual777 wrote:
I have seen a livery on another forum that incorporates what you see on the AMS sign on the tail...looked pretty good IMO.


Links please


I don’t have a link to it as it was on a closed discussion board. Echoing guppyflyer I don’t want to leak it in case it is the real one. I’m just as excited as everyone else here to see what it really ends up being.

IMO it looks sharp though and different than anything that’s been posted here so far.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.
 
User avatar
BWIAirport
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:22 am

On a slightly different note, United has announced the finalists for the special 757 livery: https://twitter.com/united/status/1116461733969846273
The placement of UNITED on the fuselage certainly seems to be confirmed, and we can make even more intelligent speculation as to their use of their new color palette.
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL, FFT | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88
 
Max Q
Posts: 8571
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:17 am

That billboard lettering looks really awful, tacky in the extreme
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
tpaewr
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat May 19, 2001 9:01 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:08 am

intotheair wrote:
I would love to see the Battleship livery again. It’s nice to see the BA Landor livery again, which was similar and of the same era. I would imagine though that a lot of people would *not* want to see the Battleship again though, especially the general public.

Saul Bass would be cool. Maybe they could please everyone by painting Saul Bass UA on one side and Saul Bass CO on the other.



It will never happen but I love the idea. Truth is now days it is taboo to even speak of CO inside the company.

I won’t deny there is a cabal of us who do in secret. But it kills your career to ever mention CO now days
 
ual763
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:07 pm

So can anyone else confirm that we will in fact be seeing some sort of retro livery soon? My God, I hope it is the Saul Bass United! That would be an absolute dream to spot. But can anyone else confirm vs. the single commenter who saw it on another forum?
From flying to the NOTAM office
 
ual763
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Also, can someone photoshop the B787-10 in the Saul Bass colors? Would love t see how it looks!
From flying to the NOTAM office
 
User avatar
CLEguy
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 pm

ual763 wrote:
Also, can someone photoshop the B787-10 in the Saul Bass colors? Would love t see how it looks!


https://www.norebbo.com/2013/08/update- ... 87-livery/

Here's a A350 in CO's Saul Bass colors. I think this one looks really sharp:

https://www.norebbo.com/2013/08/contine ... ustration/
 
Brandon757
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
On a slightly different note, United has announced the finalists for the special 757 livery: https://twitter.com/united/status/1116461733969846273
The placement of UNITED on the fuselage certainly seems to be confirmed, and we can make even more intelligent speculation as to their use of their new color palette.

I LOVE the NY livery by Julie W.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Yeah the Saul Bass rainbow United livery would look incredible on a 78J

Fingers crossed :)
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14151
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 pm

It’s close, for NY between Julie and Pamela, but I like Pamela’s the best.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D352VVzXsAI ... name=large

For LA its easy, Tsungwei.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3524CfX4AE ... name=large



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10892
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: United Airlines

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:40 pm

STT757 wrote:
It’s close, for NY between Julie and Pamela, but I like Pamela’s the best.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D352VVzXsAI ... name=large

For LA its easy, Tsungwei.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3524CfX4AE ... name=large



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the background of Julie’s but the cityscape of Pamela’s (Pamela’s title colors would be something that gets changed if she were to win, darkish blue on dark blue does not work).

Tsungwei is my favorite California one as well, although it would look better if the water was less realistic.
 
lostsound
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:49 pm

IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image
 
DarthLobster
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:40 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:12 pm

CLEguy wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Also, can someone photoshop the B787-10 in the Saul Bass colors? Would love t see how it looks!


https://www.norebbo.com/2013/08/update- ... 87-livery/

Here's a A350 in CO's Saul Bass colors. I think this one looks really sharp:

https://www.norebbo.com/2013/08/contine ... ustration/


I miss stripes on airplanes.
 
Pbb152
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2000 2:57 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 pm

tpaewr wrote:
intotheair wrote:
I would love to see the Battleship livery again. It’s nice to see the BA Landor livery again, which was similar and of the same era. I would imagine though that a lot of people would *not* want to see the Battleship again though, especially the general public.

Saul Bass would be cool. Maybe they could please everyone by painting Saul Bass UA on one side and Saul Bass CO on the other.



It will never happen but I love the idea. Truth is now days it is taboo to even speak of CO inside the company.

I won’t deny there is a cabal of us who do in secret. But it kills your career to ever mention CO now days


Drama much? Jeez, I’m sure your career would be over if you discussed CO. Ridiculous.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
tpaewr wrote:
intotheair wrote:
I would love to see the Battleship livery again. It’s nice to see the BA Landor livery again, which was similar and of the same era. I would imagine though that a lot of people would *not* want to see the Battleship again though, especially the general public.

Saul Bass would be cool. Maybe they could please everyone by painting Saul Bass UA on one side and Saul Bass CO on the other.



It will never happen but I love the idea. Truth is now days it is taboo to even speak of CO inside the company.

I won’t deny there is a cabal of us who do in secret. But it kills your career to ever mention CO now days


Drama much? Jeez, I’m sure your career would be over if you discussed CO. Ridiculous.

I don't usually subscribe to ideas like this but I think his holds some weight. I've had some job interviews in the past and mentioned my parents worked for Continental when I was a kid. It didn't work out for yours truly, especially when these interviews were in Chicago.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
User avatar
NYPECO
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:14 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
tpaewr wrote:


It will never happen but I love the idea. Truth is now days it is taboo to even speak of CO inside the company.

I won’t deny there is a cabal of us who do in secret. But it kills your career to ever mention CO now days


Drama much? Jeez, I’m sure your career would be over if you discussed CO. Ridiculous.

I don't usually subscribe to ideas like this but I think his holds some weight. I've had some job interviews in the past and mentioned my parents worked for Continental when I was a kid. It didn't work out for yours truly, especially when these interviews were in Chicago.


But why assume mentioning Continental was the reason it didn't work out?
 
tpaewr
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat May 19, 2001 9:01 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
tpaewr wrote:


It will never happen but I love the idea. Truth is now days it is taboo to even speak of CO inside the company.

I won’t deny there is a cabal of us who do in secret. But it kills your career to ever mention CO now days


Drama much? Jeez, I’m sure your career would be over if you discussed CO. Ridiculous.

I don't usually subscribe to ideas like this but I think his holds some weight. I've had some job interviews in the past and mentioned my parents worked for Continental when I was a kid. It didn't work out for yours truly, especially when these interviews were in Chicago.



Thanks for grasping the concept of context.

Exactly,in Chicago it plays much different than in Houston where it invokes nostalgia
 
jworks158
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm

lostsound wrote:
IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image

I personally love the Julie W. New York design. It integrates also unique branding motifs like the polaris star, the connecting route lines, while being quite stylish.

On the other hand while I do like the LA design above I don't think it represents California as a whole something you see the other California designs do.
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3859
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm

CLEguy wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Also, can someone photoshop the B787-10 in the Saul Bass colors? Would love t see how it looks!


Here's a A350 in CO's Saul Bass colors. I think this one looks really sharp:

https://www.norebbo.com/2013/08/contine ... ustration/

Wow, that is amazing! One can dream, can't one? :cloudnine:
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10892
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:03 pm

jworks158 wrote:
lostsound wrote:
IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image

I personally love the Julie W. New York design. It integrates also unique branding motifs like the polaris star, the connecting route lines, while being quite stylish.

On the other hand while I do like the LA design above I don't think it represents California as a whole something you see the other California designs do.


That California one just makes me think of Hawaii more than California.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Polot wrote:
jworks158 wrote:
lostsound wrote:
IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image

I personally love the Julie W. New York design. It integrates also unique branding motifs like the polaris star, the connecting route lines, while being quite stylish.

On the other hand while I do like the LA design above I don't think it represents California as a whole something you see the other California designs do.


That California one just makes me think of Hawaii more than California.


Agreed! I like the Tsungwei CA design much better, personally. I do like the Julie W. NY design, though!
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
ual763
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Image

Anyone think this may be related?
From flying to the NOTAM office
 
codc10
Posts: 2911
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:10 pm

ual763 wrote:
Image

Anyone think this may be related?


Special livery, I believe...
 
ual763
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:12 pm

codc10 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Image

Anyone think this may be related?


Special livery, I believe...


Doesn’t ANA have a Star Wars livery, or two, already? Still cool to see variation when previously there was very little at United.
From flying to the NOTAM office
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3859
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:40 pm

ual763 wrote:
codc10 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Image

Anyone think this may be related?


Special livery, I believe...


Doesn’t ANA have a Star Wars livery, or two, already? Still cool to see variation when previously there was very little at United.

ANA has three, actually. R2-D2 on a 787, BB-8 on a 777 and C3PO on a 767 (those last two might be reversed, but I am sure about the 787)
 
User avatar
Pudelhund
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 pm

[twoid]v[/twoid]
lostsound wrote:
IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image


I agree. I like the idea of the LA plane with sunglasses, but the rest of the livery doesn’t work well as an airplane livery. Clear shapes and color sections show much better at long distances and different angles. The NY plane is awesome, has a goodnight moon aesthetic I like.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Hmmmmm drove by Meacham Airport on Ft Worth last week and
felt a disturbance in the Force as I looked for any signs of the UA 78J on property :)
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:46 pm

ER757 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
codc10 wrote:

Special livery, I believe...


Doesn’t ANA have a Star Wars livery, or two, already? Still cool to see variation when previously there was very little at United.

ANA has three, actually. R2-D2 on a 787, BB-8 on a 777 and C3PO on a 767 (those last two might be reversed, but I am sure about the 787)

An X-Wing or Millenium Falcon livery would be a great compliment to ANA's repertoire!

They already have the Death Star on the tail, so maybe a Tie Fighter or Imperial Star Destroyer is in the works? :duck: :biggrin:
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 904
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
They already have the Death Star on the tail, so maybe a Tie Fighter or Imperial Star Destroyer is in the works? :duck: :biggrin:



I actually think this is a really funny idea, I've seen pictures of the globe-shaped salt&pepper dispensers in Polaris that look exactly like little death stars but then I'm not too sure whether branding yourself as "the official airline of the Empire" ( = galactic supervillains modeled after fascist movements) is necessarily great publicity :D
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3859
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:58 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
ER757 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Doesn’t ANA have a Star Wars livery, or two, already? Still cool to see variation when previously there was very little at United.

ANA has three, actually. R2-D2 on a 787, BB-8 on a 777 and C3PO on a 767 (those last two might be reversed, but I am sure about the 787)

An X-Wing or Millenium Falcon livery would be a great compliment to ANA's repertoire!

They already have the Death Star on the tail, so maybe a Tie Fighter or Imperial Star Destroyer is in the works? :duck: :biggrin:

You may be on to something with the Death Star reference - maybe they change the globe to a Death Star on the special livery to blend with whatever artwork the fuselage will sport. That would be truly amazing
 
Coalways
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:39 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Star Wars plane looks pretty cool
 
lostsound
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Polot wrote:
jworks158 wrote:
lostsound wrote:
IMO, these two are hands down the best and would compliment each other excellently. The other New York liveries look very clumsy, gloomy, and/or dated. I don't mind the 2 competing LA liveries however.

Image

Image

I personally love the Julie W. New York design. It integrates also unique branding motifs like the polaris star, the connecting route lines, while being quite stylish.

On the other hand while I do like the LA design above I don't think it represents California as a whole something you see the other California designs do.


That California one just makes me think of Hawaii more than California.


As a Californian resident I honestly connect the region to Laci's design the most. Tsungwei's design is nice and thoughtful but really only speaks to San Francisco. The Golden Gate bridge is cliche and a hollow representation of the state's culturally rich heritage. I believe Laci's design represents the true diversity & atmosphere of Cali! Using women of color in a fashionable collage of palm trees and ocean waves is beautifully original and highlights the heart of this contest. It has retro 70s Hollywood aesthetic about it too which is dope.
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:59 pm

 
unitedewr737
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 pm

So does this mean that the 737 that just went into paint that is due out on the 23rd of April is going to be this new Star Wars livery? Because the model united showed was a 737-800 which is the same model that went into paint. People on here say that the 787-10 is supposed to be a retro livery, so what plane is going to get the new livery?
 
CDGIAD
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:13 pm

The Star Wars livery has billboard titles, so will the Her art Here.
I guess the modified livery has to have billboard titles too...
 
a320fan
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:04 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

Well with this and the 757 special liberties mentioned previously I guess we know what the new Titles look like.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14151
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Awesome! Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opens in Disneyland in June and Disney World in the fall. I wonder if United is the official sponsor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757
 
ocaviation
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm

I think it’s pretty safe to say now, after seeing what we have seen, that the new livery will be on N91007 (78X) which is in FTW getting painted while the Star Wars livery will be on N37267 (738) which is in AMA getting painted, especially being that the livery was portrayed on a model of a 738.
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2518
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 pm

a320fan wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

Well with this and the 757 special liberties mentioned previously I guess we know what the new Titles look like.


Yep, I'd say the billboard titles are a given for the updated livery. So, revised globe, billboard titles, and the possible addition of purple somewhere in the scheme is really all we can guess.......
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
ual763
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 11:46 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 pm

ocaviation wrote:
I think it’s pretty safe to say now, after seeing what we have seen, that the new livery will be on N91007 (78X) which is in FTW getting painted while the Star Wars livery will be on N37267 (738) which is in AMA getting painted, especially being that the livery was portrayed on a model of a 738.


I don’t know about that. I was reading some replies by the United social media team, and they told someone more info would be available on routes for the Star Wars plane “later this year.” So there still may be hope after all for a Saul Bass 787-10
From flying to the NOTAM office
 
unitedewr737
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm

ual763 wrote:
ocaviation wrote:
I think it’s pretty safe to say now, after seeing what we have seen, that the new livery will be on N91007 (78X) which is in FTW getting painted while the Star Wars livery will be on N37267 (738) which is in AMA getting painted, especially being that the livery was portrayed on a model of a 738.


I don’t know about that. I was reading some replies by the United social media team, and they told someone more info would be available on routes for the Star Wars plane “later this year.” So there still may be hope after all for a Saul Bass 787-10


I agree, just read a response on Twitter, it said the Star Wars livery will debut just in time for the premier, which is in December.

I think the 737-800 in paint will have the new regular livery, coincides too well with the employee brand event and the fact that it is supposed to leave at 11pm means they are probably trying to hide it so it can takeoff and land in darkness.
 
ocaviation
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm

ual763 wrote:
ocaviation wrote:
I think it’s pretty safe to say now, after seeing what we have seen, that the new livery will be on N91007 (78X) which is in FTW getting painted while the Star Wars livery will be on N37267 (738) which is in AMA getting painted, especially being that the livery was portrayed on a model of a 738.


I don’t know about that. I was reading some replies by the United social media team, and they told someone more info would be available on routes for the Star Wars plane “later this year.” So there still may be hope after all for a Saul Bass 787-10


Yeah, I just got a reply from them on Twitter messenger saying the Star Wars livery will be out in the Fall. So... from this, I’m thinking that the 78X is getting the retro colors, while the 738 is getting the new livery, or vice versa. I can see the retro looking good on the 738 as well.
 
caleeiii
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Last edited by caleeiii on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
ocaviation
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:07 pm

unitedewr737 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
ocaviation wrote:
I think it’s pretty safe to say now, after seeing what we have seen, that the new livery will be on N91007 (78X) which is in FTW getting painted while the Star Wars livery will be on N37267 (738) which is in AMA getting painted, especially being that the livery was portrayed on a model of a 738.


I don’t know about that. I was reading some replies by the United social media team, and they told someone more info would be available on routes for the Star Wars plane “later this year.” So there still may be hope after all for a Saul Bass 787-10


I agree, just read a response on Twitter, it said the Star Wars livery will debut just in time for the premier, which is in December.

I think the 737-800 in paint will have the new regular livery, coincides too well with the employee brand event and the fact that it is supposed to leave at 11pm means they are probably trying to hide it so it can takeoff and land in darkness.


Where are you seeing it’s schedule? I’m looking on FlightAware. Also, are you referring to the event on the 13 th or 24th?
 
unitedewr737
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 pm

ocaviation wrote:
unitedewr737 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

I don’t know about that. I was reading some replies by the United social media team, and they told someone more info would be available on routes for the Star Wars plane “later this year.” So there still may be hope after all for a Saul Bass 787-10


I agree, just read a response on Twitter, it said the Star Wars livery will debut just in time for the premier, which is in December.

I think the 737-800 in paint will have the new regular livery, coincides too well with the employee brand event and the fact that it is supposed to leave at 11pm means they are probably trying to hide it so it can takeoff and land in darkness.


Where are you seeing it’s schedule? I’m looking on FlightAware. Also, are you referring to the event on the 13 th or 24th?


KVH68 posted the 737s schedule in page 14 of the thread, and I’m refering to the one on the 24th which employees were invited to.
 
ocaviation
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 pm

unitedewr737 wrote:
ocaviation wrote:
unitedewr737 wrote:

I agree, just read a response on Twitter, it said the Star Wars livery will debut just in time for the premier, which is in December.

I think the 737-800 in paint will have the new regular livery, coincides too well with the employee brand event and the fact that it is supposed to leave at 11pm means they are probably trying to hide it so it can takeoff and land in darkness.


Where are you seeing it’s schedule? I’m looking on FlightAware. Also, are you referring to the event on the 13 th or 24th?


KVH68 posted the 737s schedule in page 14 of the thread, and I’m refering to the one on the 24th which employees were invited to.


Ahhhh ok. Thank you. So... I guess that pretty much confirms that 267 is the new livery, and 007 is, well... a mystery. As most are suggesting, a retro.
 
EWRamp
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:00 am

Here's the special Star Wars livery

Image
 
ocaviation
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 am

Re: United Airlines "Evolution" to Globe Livery coming in April

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:31 am

So... this is what I’ve gathered from this:

N91007 (78X) is in FTW getting painted. N37267 (738) is in AMA getting painted.
N37267 is most likely the new livery, as United has an employee branding event on April 24th, and N37267 is being flown out from the paint shop at 11PM on the 23rd, as it has a release date of 23:00 on the 23rd. That means United is most likely flying it out from the paint shop to the event location at dark so people don’t really see it. It also makes sense that it’s on a 738, so it fits in a hangar better with the event.
N91007 is speculated to be a retro livery of some sort, specifically the Saul Bass livery. It’s been in the paint shop for about two weeks now.
N37267 won’t be the Star Wars livery, as United stated it won’t be released until Fall.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos