Actually if it's coming out that these plane are inherently different to fly than the earlier 737s surely they need a lot of new training?
In simulators and in the classroom?
Shouldn't they be practising all of this stuff before they get a chance to actually fly a real plane ?
this nessesary training has a name
its called "type rating"
the key customers of the MAX made from the start the condition that they will only order the MAX if it does NOT need a new type rating
that was the point why B was fu**ed up
- they only came in the ballpark of the NEO if the fixed the big engines on the MAX
- the big engines made the plane aerodynamical instabile to fly because the wings are to low for them
- and the MAX is in some corners of the flight envelope completly other and much more different to control like the NG
- but a new type rating for the MAX was out of question
- as a last resort B implemented this unbelievable MCAS system ... lousy implementation ... no redundance ... against a lot of certification laws ... and it was approved bei FFA for what reason ever .... no one knows
i have no idea how they will solve that now
even if they make the MCAS redundant now ...
if it fails and switchs to "direct law" it leaves row number one with a plane with attitudes they have never been trained for ... because of no type rating
and its even not clear how strong the misbehavement of the MAX without the MCAS really is
its told this kind of testflights have been done in the past but the results are confidential ...
Last edited by asdf
on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.