Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jean Leloup
Topic Author

Status of Westjet Premium-Class Upgrades

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello all,

Since the initial announcements last summer about Westjet upgrading their premium-economy to a full J class product, I have not been able to come across any more specific schedule or timeline for completion of this project.

Obviously, all 787's are arriving with the new product, and I assume the same is true with all 737MAX deliveries - but happy to be corrected.

Mainly, though, I am curious about the status of the retrofits on the older 737NG's. Are they likely to all be done for the summer season? This was implied in previous announcements, but no date was given. Further, any indication whether the 600's will also be getting the upgrade? This would be an interesting indicator as to whether they plan to keep them around for long.

Thanks for any insights,

JL
Jean Leloup - original a.net moderator and still recovering!

Jayce

Re: Status of Westjet Premium-Class Upgrades

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I’m not sure of a timeline but I had a friend fly on a -600 recently with the new J class seats.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson

whywhyzee

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 pm

I know 1 -600 and 1 -800 have the upgrade thus far. I cannot recall the tail numbers.

Jean Leloup
Topic Author

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. Sounds like the whole fleet is likely to get them, but perhaps progress is slow...
Jean Leloup - original a.net moderator and still recovering!

alevik

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:15 pm

I flew Westjet on the MAX YYC-OGG-YYC in late Feb 2019. I found out that MAX tails 301, 310, 311, 312, 313 and 315 have the new premium seats. The new deliveries are coming with these new seats. We were lucky to have the new seats on the way outbound, and they were much better than the original seats (three economy seats with the middle blocked) we had coming back.

I understand (as already noted) that there is one -600 and one -800 done. The work is being done in Kelowna.

Not sure what the pace is, but seems relatively slow at the moment given what has been completed.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos