User avatar
CLTRampRat
Topic Author
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:45 pm

A few moments ago Lufthansa just landed their first A350 here in Charlotte! This was a test flight for the actual start date on March 31.

The switch to the A350 was going to occur later in the year however once American announced their own CLT-Munich flight on March 31, Lufthansa “ coincidently “ moves their A350 service up to that day.

One very interesting thing is that they blew by the fire trucks standing by for the water cannon salute and proceeded to taxi slowly by the American maintenance hanger as if to say “Your move American.”

Forgive my crappy cell phone photos.

Image[/url]
Image
Last edited by CLTRampRat on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Topic Author
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 pm

Yes the Lufthansa lady was here and totally lost her mind when it taxied down the runway.

Cheers to the tower for having them do that! We enjoyed it!
 
USAirALB
Posts: 2007
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm

It has nothing to do with the performance of the route or AA, IIRC all A330s are being moved to FRA so the flight had to go to an A350.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Topic Author
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 pm

USAirALB wrote:
It has nothing to do with the performance of the route or AA, IIRC all A330s are being moved to FRA so the flight had to go to an A350.


It was going to eventually become an A350 but was moved up to counter Americans CLT-MUC flight. It has been well known here for a while now.

But the slow drive by the AA MX hangers was the most deliberately glorious thing we’ve ever seen. Got a few cheers from the overlook.
 
LH779
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
It has nothing to do with the performance of the route or AA, IIRC all A330s are being moved to FRA so the flight had to go to an A350.


It was going to eventually become an A350 but was moved up to counter Americans CLT-MUC flight. It has been well known here for a while now.

But the slow drive by the AA MX hangers was the most deliberately glorious thing we’ve ever seen. Got a few cheers from the overlook.


Since october when LH first announced their summer schedule (or the changes at least) CLT was in the system as "operated by A350".
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1940
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:10 pm

It was the first time the A350 pilots had taxied in CLT, they were not showing off. Being careful not to get lost/wrong turn. The LH pilots don't give 2 you know whats about AA or corporate competition.

Avgeeks crack me up.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:22 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
A few moments ago Lufthansa just landed their first A350 here in Charlotte! This was a test flight for the actual start date on March 31.

The switch to the A350 was going to occur later in the year however once American announced their own CLT-Munich flight on March 31, Lufthansa “ coincidently “ moves their A350 service up to that day.

One very interesting thing is that they blew by the fire trucks standing by for the water cannon salute and proceeded to taxi slowly by the American maintenance hanger as if to say “Your move American.”

Forgive my crappy cell phone photos.

Image[/url]
Image

Aren't you reading "a little too much" into what happened???
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Topic Author
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Probably. Fuck me for having a sense of humor. Can’t please everyone.
 
User avatar
GEUltraFan9XGTF
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
Yes the Lufthansa lady was here and totally lost her mind when it taxied down the runway.

Cheers to the tower for having them do that! We enjoyed it!


What happened? Link to ATC recording?
© 2019. All statements are my own. The use of my statements, including by journalists, YouTube vloggers like "DJ's Aviation", etc. without my written consent is strictly prohibited.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Lufthansa A350 arrives in CLT!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 pm

IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos