aerokiwi

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - April 2019

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:44 pm

log0008 wrote:
Selling flights from Royal Brunei might not be an issue soon, hearing high level talks going to to ban carrier from Melbourne, lead by the state government.

Errrr, I'm not sure state government has any authority to do that. Meanwhile, state government did, I believe, subsidise the start of BI services several years back. Oops.

Qantas59

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Before domestic deregulation (October, 1990), was it possible to purchase transport on any of the Qantas flight segments that operated within Australia, such as SYD-BNE or SYD-PER? I'm guessing not, but wanted to ask anyway.
Cheers.
[photoid][photoid][/photoid][/photoid]/Users/jaytanguay/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 9.30.09 AM.png

log0008

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:
Selling flights from Royal Brunei might not be an issue soon, hearing high level talks going to to ban carrier from Melbourne, lead by the state government.

Errrr, I'm not sure state government has any authority to do that. Meanwhile, state government did, I believe, subsidise the start of BI services several years back. Oops.

They are pressuring the airport to remove their landing rights if rumors are correct.

royalswazi

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:14 pm

We should all stone Royal Brunei planes lol

JQ321

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:55 am

royalswazi wrote:
We should all stone Royal Brunei planes lol

Good Idea they're all the same gender...

aerokiwi

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:01 am

log0008 wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:

They are pressuring the airport to remove their landing rights if rumors are correct.

I'm almost certain that would be, at best, highly inappropriate, and at worst, near illegal. I can see state govt removing BI from carrier lists for staff travel but I doubt that would impact even one ticket per year and would be a symbolic gesture. But govt pressuring a private entity to revoke something that is the remit of the Feds... nup, I call rubbish on that rumour. Not least of all because it's not even the airport's decision to make.

JQ321

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:40 am

Does anyone know when VH-OEB is going to retired this month

getluv

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:40 am

aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

I'm almost certain that would be, at best, highly inappropriate, and at worst, near illegal. I can see state govt removing BI from carrier lists for staff travel but I doubt that would impact even one ticket per year and would be a symbolic gesture. But govt pressuring a private entity to revoke something that is the remit of the Feds... nup, I call rubbish on that rumour. Not least of all because it's not even the airport's decision to make.

While I doubt the credibility of these rumours, putting pressure on airport operators from denying BI access rights or using Australian airspace by the Feds would be a lot more logical in terms of taking action. The problem is this opens up a can of worms.
I'm that bad type.

TN486T

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:16 am

^^I thought we were an "inclusive" society in this state/country?

aerokiwi

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:26 am

getluv wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:

While I doubt the credibility of these rumours, putting pressure on airport operators from denying BI access rights or using Australian airspace by the Feds would be a lot more logical in terms of taking action. The problem is this opens up a can of worms.

No it's not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but airport operators do not have the authority to withdraw an airline's right to operate - that's a federal government role that's governed by bilateral international agreements. Provided BI pays its bills and complies with local safety requirements and conforms with any traffic management requirements such as slot controls, an airport operator would not have, I believe, any authority to deny an airline its bilateral rights.

Throw in state v feds v bilateral agreements v private airport operator and you've got a pretty messy logic for the whole rumour. The logical though symbolic approach would be via state expenditure on staff travel. Otherwise you'd be banning Thai and Fiji Airways every time there's a military coup, not to mention the plethora of other nasties around the world. Then retaliation... ugh the entire international aviation system would crumble.

Like you said... can of worms, and then some! I'm all for personal consumer power being used to oppose an injustice, by the way, hence why I if there was a state gov response then I think through proxurement is the best option.

VHZNE

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 am

JQ321 wrote:

Likely around the end of the month.

Gemuser

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:25 am

aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

As this woild come under the "external affairs powers" a state government "COULD" ban a foregin aircraft from the state but would be subject to reversal by the feds [not sure but I think specific legation would be required], It would NOT come under the free trade power as bruni is not a state.

Gemuser

getluv

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:27 am

aerokiwi wrote:
getluv wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

No it's not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but airport operators do not have the authority to withdraw an airline's right to operate - that's a federal government role that's governed by bilateral international agreements. Provided BI pays its bills and complies with local safety requirements and conforms with any traffic management requirements such as slot controls, an airport operator would not have, I believe, any authority to deny an airline its bilateral rights.

Throw in state v feds v bilateral agreements v private airport operator and you've got a pretty messy logic for the whole rumour. The logical though symbolic approach would be via state expenditure on staff travel. Otherwise you'd be banning Thai and Fiji Airways every time there's a military coup, not to mention the plethora of other nasties around the world. Then retaliation... ugh the entire international aviation system would crumble.

Like you said... can of worms, and then some! I'm all for personal consumer power being used to oppose an injustice, by the way, hence why I if there was a state gov response then I think through proxurement is the best option.

Airport operators have contracts with individual airlines on the use of their airport. Nearly all commercial contracts would have a clause that would stipulate either party can withhold services due to a number of non-commerical/social justice reasons.

As illogical as it sounds, putting pressure on governments and airports would be more effective than airlines that interline/codeshare with government owned airlines of these said countries.
I'm that bad type.

tullamarine

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 am

Gemuser wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:

As this woild come under the "external affairs powers" a state government "COULD" ban a foregin aircraft from the state but would be subject to reversal by the feds [not sure but I think specific legation would be required], It would NOT come under the free trade power as bruni is not a state.

Gemuser

Airports are federal land. The state government has no authority over it. File this one under "virtue-signalling."
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

aerokiwi

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:01 am

Gemuser wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
log0008 wrote:

Gemuser

I'm not sure I understand the latter part re free trade power. Brunei is a sovereign state and its government is signatory to any number of international aviation agreements that are administered in Australia by the Commonwealth, not individual states.

And as tullamarine points out, airports are on commonwealth land - they're not even subject to state government EPAs, though in practice as good corporate citizens they work with them, e.g. noise, water runoff, etc.

I'm also pretty certain that were an airport to revoke the ability of a carrier to land, whereby that carrier has complied with all contracted requirements, you'd have a lot of very nervous airlines from less than terrific liberal democracies that would question services and growth. So, not great for business. Also, legal recourse by BI would likely be successful.

And a private company pressured by a state government, I mean, come on, we're not that kind of state. Government doesn't work that way, despite what we all think as some winky winky backroom dealings.

To be honest, BI has such terrifically low fares year round out of MEL that I'm surprised they keep the route alive. Does anyone have an idea of loads? Oh wait... I'll check the BITRE numbers.

Gemuser

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am

tullamarine wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

Gemuser

Airports are federal land. The state government has no authority over it. File this one under "virtue-signalling."

Granted, but the state goivernment CAN prohibit entry to a state, provided the excludee is NOT engaged in "trade, commerce & intercourse between states" [sec 92 of constitution]. The fact that the airport is commonwealth land is irrelevent, beside if that applies to commonwealth land leased out for commerical puposes is a debatable point.
In any case, as stated above the Commonwealth Government can over rule a state government in dealings with international trade. would they do so in this case? Who knows!

Gemuser

getluv

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:27 pm

tullamarine wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

Gemuser

Even if it is “virtue signalling” it is a good thing.
I'm that bad type.

Ryanair01

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Qantas59 wrote:
Before domestic deregulation (October, 1990), was it possible to purchase transport on any of the Qantas flight segments that operated within Australia, such as SYD-BNE or SYD-PER? I'm guessing not, but wanted to ask anyway.
Cheers.

No it was not, although during the pilots dispute I believe Ansett and Australian leased seats on international flights with domestic sectors.

ben175

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Can someone explain what VA675 is? It’s a MEL-PER flight that just departed at 12:05am with a scheduled arrival of 1:40am. I assume it’s a repositioning flight, but wouldn’t it have a 4 digit code then? Would VA have sold seats on this unusually timed flight?

EK413

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:36 pm

JQ321 wrote:

QF73 SYD-SFO-LAX 30th of April.

The aircraft will then ferry LAX-TUP 3rd of May as QF6021.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

getluv

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:36 pm

ben175 wrote:
Can someone explain what VA675 is? It’s a MEL-PER flight that just departed at 12:05am with a scheduled arrival of 1:40am. I assume it’s a repositioning flight, but wouldn’t it have a 4 digit code then? Would VA have sold seats on this unusually timed flight?

It’s a commercial flight. West Coast Eagles had a game in Melbourne tonight, so players, fans and staff would have been on that flight home.
I'm that bad type.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:29 pm

ben175 wrote:

As already pointed out, it’s a scheduled flight. Originally it was planned to be A332 but got downgraded to a 738 just over a week ago.

As VA is a major sponsor for the AFL you are going to see some odd flights from time to time. VA696 departing PER on Sunday night is departing at 2100 fora 230 arrival into MEL
Forum Moderator

SenFinn

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:54 am

log0008 wrote:

Interesting and nice sentiment from a State Government. Royal Brunei might pull out because no one wants to fly with them but no State Government can ban an airline.

TasFlyer

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 am

The apron at HBA will expand by two additional bays by the end of June. Jets will be pushed back by a tug rather than turning out under their own power, allowing seven bays to fit in the existing five-bay sized space. There is no mention of whether any additional gates will be added, however.

https://development.hobartairport.com.au/projects/power-in-push-back

anstar

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 am

Jetstar make a young womans dream to be cabin true come true

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2297706763809550

Nice story :)

A35J

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:29 am

SenFinn wrote:
log0008 wrote:

Interesting and nice sentiment from a State Government. Royal Brunei might pull out because no one wants to fly with them but no State Government can ban an airline.

I reckon Victoria could (and granted that is a very cautious could) make it difficult for BI to operate in the State with some targeted amendments to the Victorian Human Rights Act/other state-based anti-discrimination legislation.

smi0006

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 am

A35J wrote:
SenFinn wrote:
log0008 wrote:

I reckon Victoria could (and granted that is a very cautious could) make it difficult for BI to operate in the State with some targeted amendments to the Victorian Human Rights Act/other state-based anti-discrimination legislation.

Tricky part is how would they apply to carriers like Qatar, Emirates, even Garuda and even Malaysian to an extent. Why do we call out BI, and not the others?

TN486T

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 am

^^Ditto. We cannot and should not be selective. One out all out, but that wont happen.

SenFinn

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:40 am

smi0006 wrote:
A35J wrote:
SenFinn wrote:

Tricky part is how would they apply to carriers like Qatar, Emirates, even Garuda and even Malaysian to an extent. Why do we call out BI, and not the others?

Or what about Thai next time they have a coup? Or any Chinese airline for human rights issues?

The best way forward if people want to send a message to Brunei is to not fly on Royal Brunei, plenty of other options from much more ethical countries and owners. Best example is a local carrier like Qantas or Virgin.

eta unknown

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am

All this BI hyperbole on here is nothing more than selective ranting and wishful thinking because it affects a certain demographic. I highly doubt there are any credible rumours of a state govt. banning other than what has been invented here.

brucetiki

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:53 am

Wouldn't the best way to deal with BI is to vote with your feet. They'll leave the market soon enough if their loads flatline.

Would enough people vote with their feet though? In a way it's like people who complain about food prices at sporting venues. They complain about the prices, still buy it, then wonder why the prices continue to go up.

ben175

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:58 am

[threeid][/threeid]
brucetiki wrote:
Wouldn't the best way to deal with BI is to vote with your feet. They'll leave the market soon enough if their loads flatline.

Would enough people vote with their feet though? In a way it's like people who complain about food prices at sporting venues. They complain about the prices, still buy it, then wonder why the prices continue to go up.

I think comparing sporting venue prices to the livelihoods of human beings is ludicrous.

Keeping politics aside, I firsthandedly won’t be flying on BI ever. The amount of people who have reposted the “boycott Royal Brunei” articles on my social media also reinforces the point that this has reached mainstream media.

Some people would have had absolutely no idea about Brunei before last week. Now they’ll probably associate it with countries they’ll never think of visiting - or in BIs case - airlines they’d never think of flying.

aerokiwi

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am

eta unknown wrote:
All this BI hyperbole on here is nothing more than selective ranting and wishful thinking because it affects a certain demographic. I highly doubt there are any credible rumours of a state govt. banning other than what has been invented here.

The Vic State Govt rumour is probably nonsense but STA Travel have come out and stopped booking on BI. And even offered refunds for those who have been booked on them and no longer want it. Virgin staff travel agreement has ended (Qantas?) and it's causing some issues with the Queensland Govt and their recently announced subsidy for BI services, with the subsidy now cancelled.

So it is resonating somewhat and can't exactly be classified as "hyperbole". Sharia law in Asia is probably not a precedent anyone wants and it is an active threat to the health and safety of more than just "a certain demographic" who might transit through Brunei. I mean, let's face it, Aussies have a habit of living it up on their Asian adventures (See: Bali, Thailand), though the lack of alcohol might temper things. Note that's not a dig at Aussies - Kiwis can be just as boistrous.

Qantas16

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 am

TasFlyer wrote:
The apron at HBA will expand by two additional bays by the end of June. Jets will be pushed back by a tug rather than turning out under their own power, allowing seven bays to fit in the existing five-bay sized space. There is no mention of whether any additional gates will be added, however.

https://development.hobartairport.com.au/projects/power-in-push-back

Not an insignificant cost increase for the airlines though, who will now need to use tugs for pushback. I'm sure there would have been some consultation but this will add to costs. Would have been interesting to see them adopt line markings that allows them to park 5 aircraft in power in/out configuration OR 7 aircraft with pushback requirements. That way during quiet periods they can still use their own power to depart and busier times need a tug.

DavidByrne

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 pm

aeli
aerokiwi wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

The Vic State Govt rumour is probably nonsense but STA Travel have come out and stopped booking on BI. And even offered refunds for those who have been booked on them and no longer want it. Virgin staff travel agreement has ended (Qantas?) and it's causing some issues with the Queensland Govt and their recently announced subsidy for BI services, with the subsidy now cancelled.

So it is resonating somewhat and can't exactly be classified as "hyperbole". Sharia law in Asia is probably not a precedent anyone wants and it is an active threat to the health and safety of more than just "a certain demographic" who might transit through Brunei. I mean, let's face it, Aussies have a habit of living it up on their Asian adventures (See: Bali, Thailand), though the lack of alcohol might temper things. Note that's not a dig at Aussies - Kiwis can be just as boistrous.

The problem with this "boycott" is that it's very selective. I have a philosophical problem with banning one airline because of its country's criminalisation of and extreme punishment for gay behaviour, but not another because of its country's policy of "legal" and extrajudicial killings of other sorts. I absolutely condemn all these affronts to human life and dignity - but will STA and others also stop booking on Saudi, UAE, Egyptian, Iranian, Israeli, Philippine carriers, even the Chinese carriers? How much of an affront to human life and dignity should "qualify" for a ban? Should we add breaches of international law to the list? If so, then the list could be as long as your arm. To me this is not at all morally consistent, and therefore doesn't have my support. Personally, I am fascinated by what goes on in some of these countries, and I've recently spent a fortnight travelling around Iran, a "demon state" in some people's minds, and found that the majority of the people I met are just like us - they love their children and want little more than peace and stability for all. The moves by the Vic government and STA (among others?) smack more of virtue signalling (being of a strongly liberal bent, I never thought I'd be down on supposed virtue signalling!) than of logic and reason.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

ben175

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:09 pm

The issue with Brunei is that if didn’t enforce sharia law decades ago when the world wasn’t as progressive. It’s implemented a barbaric punishment like this in 2019.

Gangurru

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:12 pm

Qantas59 wrote:
Cheers.

Qantas was able to sell seats on domestic sectors to international ticket holders. The link below is to the 1989 timetable and one page shows the fares for the domestic sectors. The timetable is an interesting insight on tne routes that were flown 30 years ago.

https://airline-memorabilia.blogspot.co ... bel/Qantas

DeltaB717

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:35 am

qf789 wrote:
The first retrofitted DL 77L is now its way to SYD featuring its new Delta One Business Class seats. Delta also says the upgraded aircraft aligns more with VA now offering a more consistent customer experience

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... m-april-5/

First retrofitted aircraft (N705DN) actually arrived in SYD on 3 April, having departed LAX on 1 April. N705DN has been exclusively operating LAX-SYD-LAX since.

The second retrofitted aircraft (N706DN) left LAX on 4 April, arriving SYD 6 April and, again, has been exclusively operating LAX-SYD-LAX (alternating days with N705DN) since then.

4 April was the last SYD departure of the non-retrofitted cabin (N709DN).

AirbusA322

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:53 am

Skytraders are taking on the Tiger A319s. 9V-TRA first to join landed in Melbourne last week.

DavidByrne

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:23 am

Gangurru wrote:
Qantas59 wrote:
Cheers.

Qantas was able to sell seats on domestic sectors to international ticket holders. The link below is to the 1989 timetable and one page shows the fares for the domestic sectors. The timetable is an interesting insight on tne routes that were flown 30 years ago.

Great site for past schedules - thanks for posting it.

eta unknown

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 am

ben175 wrote:
The issue with Brunei is that if didn’t enforce sharia law decades ago when the world wasn’t as progressive. It’s implemented a barbaric punishment like this in 2019.

I don't agree that's the issue. Getting back to STA's ban, I don't believe their ex AU sales on BI are significant- don't know about ex UK.
Now if FC imposed a sales ban, then that would be effective, however they would need to apply such a moral code to other airlines and has been correctly stated by others above- where do you draw the line?

ZK-NBT

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:45 am

DavidByrne wrote:
Gangurru wrote:
Qantas59 wrote:
Cheers.

Great site for past schedules - thanks for posting it.

Yes it is, I wasn’t aware QF did AKL-LAX non stop before the 744, I thought they started in 1990 when the 744 arrived.

TN486T

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:42 am

^^I have a treasure trove of past schedules for most Aussie Airlines plus a smattering of non-aussie International (mainly late 60's for International) however there seems to be some bugs (at my end) thatI need to be sorted before I am able to get them posted on another very professional Aussie site. When it happens, a lot of "forgotten" events in our airline scheduling and operations that are defined in timetables will be required reading. I have asked Airliners.net in the past to consider starting up a data base like they have for photo's however nothing of a positive has yet transpired. I am most adamant if this site is unable to be forthcoming, then it will be an Aussie site that will house this collection (if acceptable),no other.

DavidByrne

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:14 pm

TN486T wrote:
^^I have a treasure trove of past schedules for most Aussie Airlines plus a smattering of non-aussie International (mainly late 60's for International) however there seems to be some bugs (at my end) thatI need to be sorted before I am able to get them posted on another very professional Aussie site. When it happens, a lot of "forgotten" events in our airline scheduling and operations that are defined in timetables will be required reading. I have asked Airliners.net in the past to consider starting up a data base like they have for photo's however nothing of a positive has yet transpired. I am most adamant if this site is unable to be forthcoming, then it will be an Aussie site that will house this collection (if acceptable),no other.

Great idea - you have my full support. Check also http://www.departedflights.com.

TasFlyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:20 am

A $200M expansion of HBA has been announced today.

The first stage costs $100M and will be completed by December next year. This includes doubling the terminal, a mezzanine level for lounges (looks like we're finally getting our VA lounge), and swing gates for International operations.

Free article at https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-09/tas-hobart-airport-to-double-under-multi-million-dollar-plan/10983442?pfmredir=sm

smi0006

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:50 am

TasFlyer wrote:
A $200M expansion of HBA has been announced today.

The first stage costs $100M and will be completed by December next year. This includes doubling the terminal, a mezzanine level for lounges (looks like we're finally getting our VA lounge), and swing gates for International operations.

Free article at https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-09/tas-hobart-airport-to-double-under-multi-million-dollar-plan/10983442?pfmredir=sm

Interesting talk around international services - Wonder if Tasmanian tourism is willing to fund the start of a service. I could see NZ launch a service with feed out of AKL if timed correctly 3-4 days a week seasonally to start. But would need some support to get it off the ground.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:09 am

TN486T wrote:

I have just sent you a pm. I don't recall anything like this being discussed before so perhaps it was before my time as a crew member. I am happy to put in back on the agenda on your behalf. I would also be interested to hear from others, would you like to see something like a section for old timetables on here, I actually find it to be of some value to the wider a.net community. If you are interested in seeing something like this please let me know either by replying to this post or via pm, any support will help my argument on this
Forum Moderator

Airbusvoyager

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:13 am

eta unknown wrote:
ben175 wrote:

I don't agree that's the issue. Getting back to STA's ban, I don't believe their ex AU sales on BI are significant- don't know about ex UK.
Now if FC imposed a sales ban, then that would be effective, however they would need to apply such a moral code to other airlines and has been correctly stated by others above- where do you draw the line?

How about the other carriers such as EK, EY, QR, GA etc?

eta unknown

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 am

If you are referring to STA, then the top revenue performers for them are the carriers that had signed "blue tickets" agreements whereby STA remits the funds to the airline once the sector has been flown, not in advance of travel.

VHZNE

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 am

qf789 wrote:
TN486T wrote:

I have just sent you a pm. I don't recall anything like this being discussed before so perhaps it was before my time as a crew member. I am happy to put in back on the agenda on your behalf. I would also be interested to hear from others, would you like to see something like a section for old timetables on here, I actually find it to be of some value to the wider a.net community. If you are interested in seeing something like this please let me know either by replying to this post or via pm, any support will help my argument on this

I do quite like this idea, you have my full support with it. I do think it would be particularly interesting to see some of the old Qantas timetables to Europe and also the legacy European carriers and their timetables to AUS.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos