Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CityRail

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - April 2019

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:08 am

TasFlyer wrote:
A $200M expansion of HBA has been announced today.

The first stage costs $100M and will be completed by December next year. This includes doubling the terminal, a mezzanine level for lounges (looks like we're finally getting our VA lounge), and swing gates for International operations.

Free article at https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-09/tas-hobart-airport-to-double-under-multi-million-dollar-plan/10983442?pfmredir=sm

It is indeed good news.

In additional to possible services to/from AKL, I wonder whether HBA can secure international services from SIN, if there's a narrow body aircraft with sufficient range, since the demand from Asian tourists to Tasmania is huge.

tullamarine

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 am

CityRail wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

The first stage costs $100M and will be completed by December next year. This includes doubling the terminal, a mezzanine level for lounges (looks like we're finally getting our VA lounge), and swing gates for International operations.

Free article at https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-09/tas-hobart-airport-to-double-under-multi-million-dollar-plan/10983442?pfmredir=sm

It is indeed good news.

In additional to possible services to/from AKL, I wonder whether HBA can secure international services from SIN, if there's a narrow body aircraft with sufficient range, since the demand from Asian tourists to Tasmania is huge.

I doubt if there is sufficient demand to justify a direct service from SIN. Most tourists who visit Tasmania do so as part of a tour in South Eastern Australia typically commencing in MEL and ending in SYD or QLD. A direct service is not required.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

smi0006

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:09 am

tullamarine wrote:
CityRail wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

It is indeed good news.

I doubt if there is sufficient demand to justify a direct service from SIN. Most tourists who visit Tasmania do so as part of a tour in South Eastern Australia typically commencing in MEL and ending in SYD or QLD. A direct service is not required.

I do think HBAs key challenge for international services is how well connected DPO and LST are with other key transit point, eg SYD/MEL. The small local population is spread across three airports. People won’t drove 3hrs to Hobart to avoid a connection in MEL. And is Tas a one stop tourist destination or part of a larger Australia trip!

Gangurru

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 am

qf789 wrote:
TN486T wrote:
^^I have a treasure trove of past schedules for most Aussie Airlines plus a smattering of non-aussie International (mainly late 60's for International) however there seems to be some bugs (at my end) thatI need to be sorted before I am able to get them posted on another very professional Aussie site. When it happens, a lot of "forgotten" events in our airline scheduling and operations that are defined in timetables will be required reading. I have asked Airliners.net in the past to consider starting up a data base like they have for photo's however nothing of a positive has yet transpired. I am most adamant if this site is unable to be forthcoming, then it will be an Aussie site that will house this collection (if acceptable),no other.

I have just sent you a pm. I don't recall anything like this being discussed before so perhaps it was before my time as a crew member. I am happy to put in back on the agenda on your behalf. I would also be interested to hear from others, would you like to see something like a section for old timetables on here, I actually find it to be of some value to the wider a.net community. If you are interested in seeing something like this please let me know either by replying to this post or via pm, any support will help my argument on this

Please may I add my support to this idea. I’d probably use it more than the photo database.

TasFlyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:53 am

smi0006 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
CityRail wrote:

It is indeed good news.

I do think HBAs key challenge for international services is how well connected DPO and LST are with other key transit point, eg SYD/MEL. The small local population is spread across three airports. People won’t drove 3hrs to Hobart to avoid a connection in MEL. And is Tas a one stop tourist destination or part of a larger Australia trip!

A separate article behind a paywall mentions HBA are presently in negotiations with potential international carriers. New Zealand has been mentioned as one destination, and South-East Asia is also on the official wish-list.

HBA has changed in the past ten years primarily due to MONA and Lonely Planet, and is becoming a destination in its own right as well as being a stop-over on a multi-leg tour. It has consistently recorded the highest rate of increase nationally in international visitation. Remember, a once per week service to CHC was marginal in 1995; SQ operated a weekly SIN-HBA with 310 equipment seasonally for a number of years up to the early 2000s when they retired this aircraft type; add in the exponential growth of the fresh food freight market and you will see demand for direct international services in 2020 will not be a problem!

TasFlyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 am

Gangurru wrote:
qf789 wrote:
TN486T wrote:
^^I have a treasure trove of past schedules for most Aussie Airlines plus a smattering of non-aussie International (mainly late 60's for International) however there seems to be some bugs (at my end) thatI need to be sorted before I am able to get them posted on another very professional Aussie site. When it happens, a lot of "forgotten" events in our airline scheduling and operations that are defined in timetables will be required reading. I have asked Airliners.net in the past to consider starting up a data base like they have for photo's however nothing of a positive has yet transpired. I am most adamant if this site is unable to be forthcoming, then it will be an Aussie site that will house this collection (if acceptable),no other.

I have just sent you a pm. I don't recall anything like this being discussed before so perhaps it was before my time as a crew member. I am happy to put in back on the agenda on your behalf. I would also be interested to hear from others, would you like to see something like a section for old timetables on here, I actually find it to be of some value to the wider a.net community. If you are interested in seeing something like this please let me know either by replying to this post or via pm, any support will help my argument on this

Please may I add my support to this idea. I’d probably use it more than the photo database.

Add my support to this proposed feature. I even have my own trove of timetables that could be scanned and added to this database over time.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:33 am

TasFlyer wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

A separate article behind a paywall mentions HBA are presently in negotiations with potential international carriers. New Zealand has been mentioned as one destination, and South-East Asia is also on the official wish-list.

HBA has changed in the past ten years primarily due to MONA and Lonely Planet, and is becoming a destination in its own right as well as being a stop-over on a multi-leg tour. It has consistently recorded the highest rate of increase nationally in international visitation. Remember, a once per week service to CHC was marginal in 1995; SQ operated a weekly SIN-HBA with 310 equipment seasonally for a number of years up to the early 2000s when they retired this aircraft type; add in the exponential growth of the fresh food freight market and you will see demand for direct international services in 2020 will not be a problem!

FWIW Alan Joyce participated in a Strong Australia forum on Sky News back in mid February regarding Tasmania. Here is the video

https://www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustral ... =2&theater

AJ stated that QF carries 2.7 million a year (this must be between QF and JQ), since 2013 QF has grown 63% and JQ 17%. Tasmania is QF's biggest growth market throughout their network. Of 1.3 million visitors to Tasmania last year, 300,000 were international visitors of which the biggest growth was the Chinese at 50%

I wouldn't be surprised if VA tried a seasonal HBA-AKL service
Forum Moderator

eamondzhang

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:19 am

qf789 wrote:
TN486T wrote:

Please add me onto the support list. Never had the chance to experience the arguably golden age of aviation however it's always fascinating to see all the old schedules and how much aviation has changed over the past 30-50 years.

Cheers,
Michael

DeltaB717

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:46 am

eamondzhang wrote:
qf789 wrote:
TN486T wrote:

Please add me onto the support list. Never had the chance to experience the arguably golden age of aviation however it's always fascinating to see all the old schedules and how much aviation has changed over the past 30-50 years.

Cheers,
Michael

And me too, please :)

ausworld

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:19 am

Years ago Qantas operated a B767 HBA-MEL-SIN but in the end it never paid. Also Air New Zealand / TAA / Ansett operated mainly seasonal flights to N.Z. from HBA. At the time none were really economical. Recently it was proposed that QF would operated the B767F Freigher HBA-DRW-China somewhere. However times are changing and maybe I can see N.Z. somewhere will come online eventually.

brucetiki

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:04 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Cheers,
Michael

And me too, please :)

Me too! This would be quite fascinating to peruse
The early bird catches the worm, the late bird will be featured on a You Tube video

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Qantas and WA State Government set to announce trial of cheaper flights to Exmouth

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/cu ... 881164404z
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:30 pm

VA has started seasonal DRW-DPS

https://www.miragenews.com/virgin-austr ... takes-off/

VA will also be operating seasonal PER-OOL over the next 3 weeks, 1-2 weekly from what I can see plus a few extra frequencies on PER-HBA
Forum Moderator

CityRail

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:05 am

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/qantas-inte ... er-resigns

Breaking: Qantas International CEO resigned.

I hope Alison Webster has a great future ahead. Perhaps to Virgin Australia?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 G3226 發送

tullamarine

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:13 am

CityRail wrote:
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/qantas-international-ceo-webster-resigns

Breaking: Qantas International CEO resigned.

I hope Alison Webster has a great future ahead. Perhaps to Virgin Australia?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 G3226 發送

I doubt she is going to VA. If she was going to a competitor, she would have finished up straight away and gone on "gardening leave." Realistically she has probably found out that she is unlikely to be considered for the CEO role when Alan Joyce retires/resigns in the next year or so and has decided to look for opportunities elsewhere. Already Lyell Strambi and Jayne Hrdlicka have made similar decisions and both landed very lucrative CEO roles at Melbourne Airport and A2 Milk respectively.

Succession management is not easy and boards of listed companies usually strategise in this area extensively. Handled poorly and a company can lose some very good direct reports right at the time a new CEO needs them most.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

RyanairGuru

Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 am

I doubt Joyce is going anywhere until 2022 at the earliest. He has already said he wants to wait until Project Sunrise is flying, and so long as the bumper profits keep rolling in the Board won't do anything to get rid of him. That alone is reason enough for the likes of Strambi and Hrdlicka to move on. Why wait 3-5 years with no guarantee that you will be rewarded at the end of it? You might as well move on now and build your career.

The next few years are legacy building for Joyce. Few will remember the events of 2011 a decade later. By the time he retires it would have been a rollercoaster 15 years, with the lows of retrenching so much international market share and the 2011 show down, through to record profits and then launching PER-LHR and ultimately SYD-LHR.

It's far too soon to write the eulogy but I'm pretty confident to say that history will look at him as the most instrumental CEO in Qantas' history.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

tullamarine

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:40 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
I doubt Joyce is going anywhere until 2022 at the earliest. He has already said he wants to wait until Project Sunrise is flying, and so long as the bumper profits keep rolling in the Board won't do anything to get rid of him. That alone is reason enough for the likes of Strambi and Hrdlicka to move on. Why wait 3-5 years with no guarantee that you will be rewarded at the end of it? You might as well move on now and build your career.

The next few years are legacy building for Joyce. Few will remember the events of 2011 a decade later. By the time he retires it would have been a rollercoaster 15 years, with the lows of retrenching so much international market share and the 2011 show down, through to record profits and then launching PER-LHR and ultimately SYD-LHR.

It's far too soon to write the eulogy but I'm pretty confident to say that history will look at him as the most instrumental CEO in Qantas' history.

It's hard to say. The best way to protect your legacy is to go out on top.

As we stand today, it is likely International is break-even at best with oil prices and sluggish world economy hampering profitability. It is likely there will be a change of government with unions energised to push for greater increases. In recent years QF has massively reduced depreciation costs with reduced capex and no depreciation on the 747s which were all written off in 2012. Capex has to increase in the next few years as the 747s are replaced with 787s and the narrowbody replacement program gets underway; an increase in depreciation has to follow. Domestic remains a powerhouse with both airlines making super-profits though oil prices and an economic downturn and the two risks here.

David Thodey is viewed as a great CEO of Telstra because he is seen as having turned around the business; Andy Penn much less so even though many of the hurdles that Penn is now hitting were evident back in Thodey's days; he just got out before they turned toxic. Joyce may learn from that lesson.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:40 am

Today's QF9 has been delayed by about 6 hours, anyone know why?
Forum Moderator

EK413

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:59 am

Any idea why this fella is on the east coast of Australia?

Flight OL855 from Apia to Sydney
https://fr24.com/PAO855/201da117

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:46 am

EK413 wrote:

EK413

Operating for Samoa Airways, the lease in the previous 738 ended and they cancelled the 7M9 they were going to lease, not to sure how long this is for or if it will be repainted.

rtav

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm

qf789 wrote:

Lack of frames I think, 1 gone to the HK route with SYD-HKG 6 weekly and BNE-HKG 1 weekly.

VHZNE

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:57 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

Operating for Samoa Airways, the lease in the previous 738 ended and they cancelled the 7M9 they were going to lease, not to sure how long this is for or if it will be repainted.

Very unlikely it will get any sort of change to its livery except for maybe some Samoa Airways decals at the door as it’s a short term lease, with the 737MAX issues likely being sorted out soon.

eamondzhang

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:24 pm

rtav wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Lack of frames I think, 1 gone to the HK route with SYD-HKG 6 weekly and BNE-HKG 1 weekly.

Not really, they did have ZNC on ground in MEL at the normal QF9 scheduled departure time; however that bird, arrived earlier from LAX as QF96, went back to the US on QF49 late at night. VH-ZNF on the other hand, arrived into MEL on QF10 and then turned around to go QF9. If I have to bet I would say ZNC needed some repair works done and hence the delay.

Also with ZNE sat in LAX for two days this is not helping at all.

Michael

EK413

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:59 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

VHZNE wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

Very unlikely it will get any sort of change to its livery except for maybe some Samoa Airways decals at the door as it’s a short term lease, with the 737MAX issues likely being sorted out soon.

Cheers thanks for the details. I was testing FR24 & just happened to stumble across it. Found it really odd!

EK413

EK413

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Would appear next A380 for repaint will be -OQJ & sources have indicated the aircraft will position to PUS on the 8th of May.

EK413

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 pm

VHZNE wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

You might well be right re the repaint, I’ve no idea how long the lease is for. However they have cancelled the MAX lease so I’m not sure what the plan is re a long term lease on a 738 most likely.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
VHZNE wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

You might well be right re the repaint, I’ve no idea how long the lease is for. However they have cancelled the MAX lease so I’m not sure what the plan is re a long term lease on a 738 most likely.

It has already been announced Samoa will lease a 738 from Malindo

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... do-457028/
Forum Moderator

CityRail

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 pm

qf789 wrote:

VA will also be operating seasonal PER-OOL over the next 3 weeks, 1-2 weekly from what I can see plus a few extra frequencies on PER-HBA

I wonder whether it is feasible for VA to operate PER - CNS non-stop seasonal flights. Jetstar seems to be the only operator on this and I think there could be higher demand during school holidays and summer times for school kids and families to go holidays?

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:44 pm

qf789 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
VHZNE wrote:

It has already been announced Samoa will lease a 738 from Malindo

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... do-457028/

Right so it seems that frame will be around for a while atleast.

eamondzhang

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 am

EK413 wrote:
Would appear next A380 for repaint will be -OQJ & sources have indicated the aircraft will position to PUS on the 8th of May.

EK413

PUS?? A strange place to be in, don't even think PUS can handle A380s can they?

I would bet if that happens it means that QF made an agreement with KE for the job?

Michael

tullamarine

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 am

eamondzhang wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

I would bet if that happens it means that QF made an agreement with KE for the job?

Michael

I thought EK had the contract for the A380 repaints in DXB whilst Etihad are doing the interior refits in AUH.

eamondzhang

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:16 am

tullamarine wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

Michael

I thought EK had the contract for the A380 repaints in DXB whilst Etihad are doing the interior refits in AUH.

Emirates' deal is for 8 A380s only and Etihad at AUH is maintenance only AFAIK. Interior refits are supposedly going to XFW.

Michael

EK413

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 am

eamondzhang wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:

Michael

Emirates' deal is for 8 A380s only and Etihad at AUH is maintenance only AFAIK. Interior refits are supposedly going to XFW.

Michael

Correct, KE have paint facilities at Gimhae.

There is a one off QF5 SYD-SIN-LHR service scheduled in May if memory serves me well & this will be the 1st A380 refit.

EK413

TN486T

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:40 am

I notice from the QF source that VH OEB has been doing some JQ3/4 rotations SYD-HNL of late. Is there an equipment problem somewhere, if so, anyone know the detail?

VHZNE

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 am

TN486T wrote:
I notice from the QF source that VH OEB has been doing some JQ3/4 rotations SYD-HNL of late. Is there an equipment problem somewhere, if so, anyone know the detail?

VH-VKJ is currently grounded in Japan after having engine surges on descent. The atsb website has an ‘overview’ on what happened.

TN486T

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 am

Thank you. I shall have a look at the overview. cheers.

Velocity7

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:00 pm

QF had a FF competition in the earlier part of this decade where an A380 had the names of the various FF winners applied to it. My wife was lucky enough to be one of those people. QF even advised the location of where your name would appear on the aircraft (rear portside in our case if I remember correctly). I asked QF at the time for some pictures which they acknowledged but I never received. I'd love to have seen it and kept as a momento. Anyone know of any detailed pictures of this aircraft that were made available? Appreciate any info

JQ321

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:04 am

VHZNE wrote:
TN486T wrote:

VH-VKJ is currently grounded in Japan after having engine surges on descent. The atsb website has an ‘overview’ on what happened.

Could this mean that VH-OEB stays longer than the 30 April to cover until the grounded 787-8 is ungrounded and back in service for JQ

TasFlyer

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:39 am

qf789 wrote:

In addition to this, PER-OOL will operate:

• A couple of one-offs in early May coinciding with the West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast Suns AFL match in Perth
  • Twice a week on Thursday and Saturday for school holidays during: the first few weeks of July, a few weeks late September/early October, and a few weeks late December/early January

EK413

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:06 pm

JQ321 wrote:
VHZNE wrote:
TN486T wrote:

Could this mean that VH-OEB stays longer than the 30 April to cover until the grounded 787-8 is ungrounded and back in service for JQ

Highly doubt it especially with the QF3 | QF4 eventually reverting back to A330 equipment and a spare B787-9 operating 6 x weekly SYD-HKG services therefore enough slack within the fleet to Op an odd JQ charter.

EK413

JQ321

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:35 pm

EK413 wrote:
JQ321 wrote:
VHZNE wrote:

Highly doubt it especially with the QF3 | QF4 eventually reverting back to A330 equipment and a spare B787-9 operating 6 x weekly SYD-HKG services therefore enough slack within the fleet to Op an odd JQ charter.

EK413

There is no slack in the 787 Fleet as that 1 doing SYD-HKG x 6 also does 1 x BNE-HKG and 2 for BNE-LAX-JFK 1 for BNE -LAX and 4 for LAX-MEL-PER-LHR.
Also the A330 for QF3/4 is only starting in August so not much slack after VH-OEB is retired.Until August.

Flyerqf

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:19 am

JQ321 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
JQ321 wrote:

EK413

There is no slack in the 787 Fleet as that 1 doing SYD-HKG x 6 also does 1 x BNE-HKG and 2 for BNE-LAX-JFK 1 for BNE -LAX and 4 for LAX-MEL-PER-LHR.
Also the A330 for QF3/4 is only starting in August so not much slack after VH-OEB is retired.Until August.

There is some slack in the 330 fleet though while QF3/4 is upgraded to a 744. Not sure the flexibility to swap a 744 for a 330 though given crewing requirements.

EK413

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:37 am

JQ321 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
JQ321 wrote:

EK413

I was referencing the retirement of -OEB.
With 1 x B789 originally destined to op XXX-XXX is now operating SYD-HKG, BNE-HKG. The QF3 | QF4 will be reverting back to A330 equipment therefore slack in the B744 fleet.

EK413

Flyerqf

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 am

Is the A380 utilisation going to be reduced until the completion of the refurb program?

Normally A380 utilisation is 11 aircraft for most of the year with 1 in maintenance and then 12 during peak periods and no maintenance.

At the moment they are only using 10 frames with 2 on the ground. This goes against what was previously announced that the refurbs will be done when the aircraft are planned to be in the hangar for regular maintenance, hence why it’s taking 2 years to complete.

JQ321

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:10 am

Flyerqf wrote:
Is the A380 utilisation going to be reduced until the completion of the refurb program?

Normally A380 utilisation is 11 aircraft for most of the year with 1 in maintenance and then 12 during peak periods and no maintenance.

At the moment they are only using 10 frames with 2 on the ground. This goes against what was previously announced that the refurbs will be done when the aircraft are planned to be in the hangar for regular maintenance, hence why it’s taking 2 years to complete.

Utilisation is down because it's not summer anymore thus decreasing utilisation for the A380 such as SYD-HKG and SYD-LAX this has now enabled them to be used for refurb.

Flyerqf

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:30 am

JQ321 wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:

Utilisation is down because it's not summer anymore thus decreasing utilisation for the A380 such as SYD-HKG and SYD-LAX this has now enabled them to be used for refurb.

Utilisation is down to 10 aircraft this winter vs 11 last winter. So my question remains, are they reducing utilisation for the refurbs? Seems from your answer that they are.

Captdasbomb

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 am

JQ321 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
JQ321 wrote:

EK413

There’s a bit of slack as the SYD-HKG-SYD x 6days & BNE-HKG-BNEx 1dayis 1 frame. The 2nd BNE-LAX is not daily so there’s the slack . They are now using the frame for BNE-PER-BNE on Fridays as part of the training program. 2 new frames are due in Q4 not sure where they will be posted. Possibly Sydney to do San Francisco

vhebb

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 am

My guess is SYD-SFO-SYD for the next 787 deliveries, aircraft can be rotated with the existing MEL-SFO-MEL flights.

RyanairGuru

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:27 am

Flyerqf wrote:
JQ321 wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:

Utilisation is down to 10 aircraft this winter vs 11 last winter. So my question remains, are they reducing utilisation for the refurbs? Seems from your answer that they are.

I might be missing something obvious but what has changed since last winter to free up one frame? I can't think of any changes.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

rtav

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:
JQ321 wrote:

I might be missing something obvious but what has changed since last winter to free up one frame? I can't think of any changes.

I believe QF127/128 was previously op by A388, now op by B789 6 weekly and A333 1 weekly.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos