Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VTORD

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - April 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:20 pm

vadodara wrote:
sabby wrote:
vadodara wrote:

JAL have had the 787 since 2012. I think the demand has increased a lot, fueled several Japanese big companies' offices as well as the fact that all big Investment Banks now have their back offices at BLR so finance traffic between BLR and TKO has also increased.

Goes without saying about demand.

Only recently has JAL started to expand in NA; their SEA flights are only months old. Makes sense to expand west to balance growth in east. Does help since ANA does not fly to BLR.

So except SFO, there should be good connectivity to NA from BLR in 2020. Though it seems that ORD & DFW might connect to an AA flight not JAL. Also hasn't ANA announced MAA?

CPS001

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm

VTORD wrote:
Also hasn't ANA announced MAA?

Yea, starting in October, though bookings will only open in June.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Blerg

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm

sand26391 wrote:
sabby wrote:
vadodara wrote:

JAL have had the 787 since 2012. I think the demand has increased a lot, fueled several Japanese big companies' offices as well as the fact that all big Investment Banks now have their back offices at BLR so finance traffic between BLR and TKO has also increased.

Not just back Offices(but that's not related in A.net) but the airline is targeting North American passengers from BLR as the traffic from BLR to the NA market is growing ~7-9% YoY, faster than HYD.
But the next market being targeted is AUS from BLR as Karnataka sends ~11% of Indian passenger's (3rd highest after BOM & DEL) to AUS with SYD & MEL being the top destinations.
Will post more updates, but at the right time. Fingers crossed for BLR.

Interesting post, do you know what's fueling this BLR-NA growth? Is it just emigration or ...?

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm

VTORD wrote:
vadodara wrote:
sabby wrote:

Goes without saying about demand.

Only recently has JAL started to expand in NA; their SEA flights are only months old. Makes sense to expand west to balance growth in east. Does help since ANA does not fly to BLR.

So except SFO, there should be good connectivity to NA from BLR in 2020. Though it seems that ORD & DFW might connect to an AA flight not JAL. Also hasn't ANA announced MAA?

Yes NH MAA service begins later this year I believe.

vadodara

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 pm

VTORD wrote:

Depends if this flies into Narita or Haneda. Hopefully Haneda.

Japanese airlines picking S India cities for expansion might be a significant threat to ME3 especially to W Coast N America.

CPS001

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 pm

vadodara wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Depends if this flies into Narita or Haneda. Hopefully Haneda.

NRT. Both the MAA and BLR flights.

sand26391

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Blerg wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
sabby wrote:

Not just back Offices(but that's not related in A.net) but the airline is targeting North American passengers from BLR as the traffic from BLR to the NA market is growing ~7-9% YoY, faster than HYD.
But the next market being targeted is AUS from BLR as Karnataka sends ~11% of Indian passenger's (3rd highest after BOM & DEL) to AUS with SYD & MEL being the top destinations.

Interesting post, do you know what's fueling this BLR-NA growth? Is it just emigration or ...?

It's mostly due to Business traffic btw the US & BLR.

JOYA380B747

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 am

qf789 wrote:
Between 2-16 October 19 SQ will increase CCU to daily, no SilkAir services operating during this period

- Most certainly to cater to the 2019 Durga Puja holiday rush.

- Funny enough, that one extra widebody flight by SQ will increase passenger WB ops at CCU by 16-20% for that duration. Such is the plight of an airport that was once one of the busiest airports of Asia (1940s-1960s) served by the likes of Pan-Am, JAL, Swissair, BA, LH, CX, KL, etc as since the 60s the political climate of the state has persistently killed all hopes of her former greatness, and continues to do so till date. Sorry for unnecessarily dragging on over this.
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

Blerg

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:53 am

sand26391 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

It's mostly due to Business traffic btw the US & BLR.

IT industry? I suppose there must be quite a lot of demand to California, San Francisco in particular.

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:36 am

Yes, SFO is the top unserved international route from BLR.
For example, in Q2 2018
BLR-SFO Pax Daily Each Way (PDEW) was an avg of 170. More than that of KUL,MCT, CDG.

Blerg

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:48 am

sand26391 wrote:
For example, in Q2 2018
BLR-SFO Pax Daily Each Way (PDEW) was an avg of 170. More than that of KUL,MCT, CDG.

Interesting. I wonder if the market keeps on maturing if we might see some non-stop flights?

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:18 am

APU catches fire onboard AI 77L VT-ALF at DEL

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/a ... 2019-04-25
Forum Moderator

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 am

Blerg wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
For example, in Q2 2018

Interesting. I wonder if the market keeps on maturing if we might see some non-stop flights?

Watch the video from 0:15 onwards (1st question) and hope it can answer some part of your question
https://twitter.com/blrairport/status/9 ... 77?lang=en

dtw2hyd

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Blerg wrote:
IT industry? I suppose there must be quite a lot of demand to California, San Francisco in particular.

US-India IT traffic is fragmented. US Silicon Valley does business all over India. It is not that Oracle, Cisco selling products just in Bangalore. Similarly, Bangalore based service providers have clients all over the US. AI and UA's decision not to start BLR-US non-stop

If BLR wants to score an SFO non-stop there are other demographics it needs to target.
All posts are just opinions.

lightsaber

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm

qf789 wrote:
APU catches fire onboard AI 77L VT-ALF at DEL

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/a ... 2019-04-25

Per your link (possibly updated), it was smoke from a minor amount of oil leaking.

I was very curious as I haven't heard of a 777 APU fire before. It sounds like AI tolerates a bit of oil leak. Most airlines clean that up and use voishans to stop minor leaks. The issue is voishans (seals) are one use and cost about $4.50 each (cheap copper forbidden on AC). If you start using them, you need about 50 per aircraft per year... But it saves more in other maintenance. I prefer over leaks.

There should not be any leaks in a modern aircraft other than engine rotating seals (they cannot be leak free). If that is where the APU is leaking, clean it up. If the leak is too much, that is when an APU is overhauled. Heck, the A check is supposed to clean up the seal area. So the trend should have been noted.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

unrave

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Blerg wrote:

Only a matter of time before BLR scores a non-stop to SFO.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Hopefully by the time T2 opens, there can be some development. Till then I don't think any new carrier will start the sector. Very long & thin as of now, focus is now on 5-6 hour radius frm BLR & AUS.

CaliguyNYC

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:48 pm

sand26391 wrote:
For example, in Q2 2018

So there it is. Sadly this means the nonstop won't happen. There is no way the airline will get 100% of this traffic. Plus it won't even fill a plane. The bigger issue is that BLR is not a connecting hub. It could and should be. But, as many of the people from South India on this forum have said, Southerners don't seem interested in connecting in another Indian airport. They prefer SIN, KUL, DXB. Until that changes, I don't see SFO-BLR happening. I would add thought, if Indian companies change their travel policies and start allowing more employees to fly J or premium Y, it could speed up the timeline. EWR-BLR might even happen first since the US connection catchment area is larger than what SFO would probably see.

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Point taken, I remember the same being said (probably on SSC i think) about BLR-Japan flights never happening. Well, things change.... I would say never say never. I agree with your point on not being a true hub like Delhi, but we may never know... things change fast and with BLR overtaking BOM(csia) in the coming years(within this decade) anything can happen. Ofcourse not saying you are wrong or any of that sort, but things are looking positive in the coming years, esp with route development from the city.
Cheers!

unrave

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So there it is. Sadly this means the nonstop won't happen. There is no way the airline will get 100% of this traffic. Plus it won't even fill a plane.

You do realise that traffic grows?

subramak1

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:34 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Point taken, I remember the same being said (probably on SSC i think) about BLR-Japan flights never happening. Well, things change.... I would say never say never. I agree with your point on not being a true hub like Delhi, but we may never know... things change fast and with BLR overtaking BOM(csia) in the coming years(within this decade) anything can happen. Ofcourse not saying you are wrong or any of that sort, but things are looking positive in the coming years, esp with route development from the city.
Cheers!

BLR may overtake CSIA if Navi Mumbai airport picks up traffic. I doubt that on a stand alone given the population and economy difference BLR would be bigger than BOM as market in the next 20 years

Subu

Blerg

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks for your replies. In that video interview, he says that BLR has the highest yields in India: '...Bangalore has the highest yields from India...'

Highest to where? Overall? Somehow I can't imagine them being higher than BOM or DEL.

JOYA380B747

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So there it is. Sadly this means the nonstop won't happen. There is no way the airline will get 100% of this traffic. Plus it won't even fill a plane. The bigger issue is that BLR is not a connecting hub. It could and should be. But, as many of the people from South India on this forum have said, Southerners don't seem interested in connecting in another Indian airport. They prefer SIN, KUL, DXB. Until that changes, I don't see SFO-BLR happening. I would add thought, if Indian companies change their travel policies and start allowing more employees to fly J or premium Y, it could speed up the timeline. EWR-BLR might even happen first since the US connection catchment area is larger than what SFO would probably see.

:checkmark:

For all those who keep talking about BLR-SFO this reason alone is not going to make a non stop happen by any airline "profitably". I say so because, who knows, a certain non-profit govt airline that might very well do a BLR-SFO in the unforeseeable future.

BLR can do it ONLY if it can feed traffic from other airports. A 6E-UA partnership might very well make it happen. The possibilities then become endless!
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

lightsaber

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 pm

unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
So there it is. Sadly this means the nonstop won't happen. There is no way the airline will get 100% of this traffic. Plus it won't even fill a plane.

You do realise that traffic grows?

Non stops grow traffic 30% to much more. With connections (yes, low yield), viable.

The plus of long range but lower cost of flight aircraft is more routes can be started.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

dtw2hyd

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:12 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
The bigger issue is that BLR is not a connecting hub. It could and should be.

Jet was BLR's last hope to become an FSC hub. With single digit slots held by AI and Vistara, any international route becomes O&D dependent.

BLR just lost 40,000/quarter AMS traffic, part of it is the US connecting traffic. First, it has to recoup that traffic. Unless BIAL actively courts Vistara, I don't see it becoming a premium hub.

YouGeeElWhy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:38 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

:checkmark:

For all those who keep talking about BLR-SFO this reason alone is not going to make a non stop happen by any airline "profitably". I say so because, who knows, a certain non-profit govt airline that might very well do a BLR-SFO in the unforeseeable future.

BLR can do it ONLY if it can feed traffic from other airports. A 6E-UA partnership might very well make it happen. The possibilities then become endless!
It seems doubtful that AI would launch SFO-BLR, not only is there little viable connections on both ends for them it would kneecap SFO-DEL. Why would they do that? The answer might because it is AI, but they have seen a bit more methodical lately.

Direct from the US to BLR is going to fall to UA. If I had to guess it would be EWR. SFO to BLR with the Himalaya detour is just too long.

unrave

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

Jet was BLR's last hope to become an FSC hub.

There is only one FSC hub in India now and that is not BOM, and definitely not HYD

binayak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm

unrave wrote:
There is only one FSC hub in India now and that is not BOM,

Which one?
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

unrave

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:01 pm

binayak wrote:
unrave wrote:
There is only one FSC hub in India now and that is not BOM,

Which one?

Take a guess

binayak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:08 pm

unrave wrote:
Take a guess

DEL has AI, UK now and BOM has only AI. Technically BOM is still FSC hub then.
I'm sure in future UK will add more flights from Mumbai too be it from CSIA or NMIA. 6E will have a strong presence at BOM unlike ever before.

unrave

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:12 pm

binayak wrote:
unrave wrote:
Take a guess

DEL has AI, UK now and BOM has only AI. Technically BOM is still FSC hub then.
I'm sure in future UK will add more flights from Mumbai too be it from CSIA or NMIA. 6E will have a strong presence at BOM unlike ever before.

A handful of long haul flights does not make a hub

avier

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:35 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Jet was BLR's last hope to become an FSC hub. With single digit slots held by AI and Vistara, any international route becomes O&D dependent.

I doubt BLR can ever become a FSC hub. It's turned into a major ULCC fortress. The only FSC routes that'll work from BLR are to BOM/DEL & select int'l markets. The FSC departures are roughly : 20 AI + 10 Vistara. That's just 30 odd FSC departures of Indian carriers out of BLR. And with DEL/BOM becoming even more available by way of Jet vacated slots, BLR would seem even more uninteresting for the FSC's.

TATA group clearly loves the financial capital, being the home of the huge conglomerate and of all other similar such conglomerates too, and AI clearly loves the national capital for political reasons ofcourse.

With 6E MRO facility coming up at BLR, I see it a major 6E hub only, probably not even viable for other LCC's like G8 or SG- unless they want to go head-to-head with the big bully, which I doubt they will.

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:57 pm

With ONLY AI as a FSC in India and the airline only sticking to DEL as its hub, no wonder no other city csn become a hub with 6E,G8,SG as LCC carriers. Obviously LCC carriers will take away the slots at airports like BLR if AI or zombie carrier like 9W dont use slots at say ex BLR. An airport like BLR cannot keep waiting for AI to start new flights and conc only on DEL.

If only India had strong FSC carriers, we would have atleast another 1 or 2 hubs other than DEL & maybe BOM(9W). Atleast its not like HYD where theres hardly any int'l growth in past year. BLR becoming a 6E fortress is a great development (esp after the TK-6E codeshare) where the city can expect some very new interesting international routes.
I am hopeful that UK will add new flights in coming 12 months! Thankfully the airport gets fantastic loads on the EU & SEAsian sector & not just the Gelf sector, so that is all good. As an example Gulf Air gets the highest cargo revenue from the whole country, right here in BLR. There r several such examples/stats + 78% of pax traffic at BLR is business oriented traffic.

Yes unfortunately the likes of AI is not concentrating on BLR/HYD/MAA & its entirely on the loss of AI & not BLR/HYD/MAA etc. 9W was doing well on the AMS sector too. Well All we can do is hope that AI starts new flights from the city, the airport has been having talks with AI for YEARS to begin many international sectors but they refuse not on basis of the route economics but just because they want to start thr flight via its hub in DEL, so obviously not many prefer to fly via Indian "hubs" like BOM/DEL.
Anyway, lets hope for the best! :-)
Cheers

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm

unrave wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Jet was BLR's last hope to become an FSC hub.

There is only one FSC hub in India now and that is not BOM, and definitely not HYD

HYD was, is & will never be a hub.
All they do is just talk about "how the city supplies the largest numbers of US passengers and all" that crap, but still doesn't have the likes of LH,AF flying to the city, plus CX doesn't even fly daily to the city.

sabby

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:07 pm

This may a be a bold prediction but I think UA would start at least one if not both EWR and SFO non-stop to BLR by 2025-26, when the next gen engines are available for 787 and A350. The non-stop demand is on course for enough growth by then and based on past few years Y pricing on long hauls to/from BLR, the yield is there so airlines wouldn't need to have cheap prices to fill the planes.

sabby

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 pm

sand26391 wrote:

Yes unfortunately the likes of AI is not concentrating on BLR/HYD/MAA & its entirely on the loss of AI & not BLR/HYD/MAA etc. 9W was doing well on the AMS sector too. Well All we can do is hope that AI starts new flights from the city, the airport has been having talks with AI for YEARS to begin many international sectors but they refuse not on basis of the route economics but just because they want to start thr flight via its hub in DEL, so obviously not many prefer to fly via Indian "hubs" like BOM/DEL.
Anyway, lets hope for the best! :-)
Cheers

Any idea how the AI BLR-LHR non stop is doing ? I believe the timing is similar as BA.

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:29 pm

As of now it's doing well due to the travel season. Today it had a departing load of 11J/212Y+09 (infants), BA I don't remember, but it's something in the similar range (will update if i come to know tmrw).
Somedays i have seen it go low too (~ 2J/150Y). Is doing fine as of now, few rebookings of 9W pax are also put on this flight whose end destination is LHR.

Timings for summer schedule is a little different for AI, there's a 3 hour gap btw the ETD of BA119 & AI177. In winter the gap was ~60mins

binayak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:35 pm

unrave wrote:
A handful of long haul flights does not make a hub

Hubs just require airlines connecting pax from long haul to short haul or long haul to long haul. By that sense, both Mumbai and Delhi are hubs as they have maximum connecting pax compared to all other Indian airports.
What you say is for super hubs like SIN / HKG.

x1234

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I'm surprised Bangalore doesn't have more East Asian carriers due to the massive IT industry in Bangalore & traffic bound for SFO. Has BLR tried recruiting more East Asian carriers like Air Nippon Airways, Korean Air, Air China, China Eastern & China Southern!? They all have massive TPAC networks especially Korean Air which flies to more destinations in the Americas than any other Asian carrier (SEA, SFO, LAX, LAS, DFW, ORD, JFK, BOS, IAD, ATL + MSP/DTW on Delta). BTW flying BLR-SFO via Europe is a little longer than via East Asia in terms of distance but Europe has higher yields.

CaliguyNYC

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Cheers!

So to clarify I am not saying never, I am saying in the next year or two. I think the big change could be if there is more inbound business traffic to BLR from SFO. Then the flight could work with UA type $10k roundtrip J fares. If I had to bet, I would say BLR-NRT flight is driven by J traffic originating in Japan plus US-BLR traffic (but the core is Japan origin O&D paying super high fares).

pune

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
For example, in Q2 2018

Could you elaborate how, do you mean leg-room would make it easier for non-stop flights to function or you meant something else ?

YouGeeElWhy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 pm

x1234 wrote:
I'm surprised Bangalore doesn't have more East Asian carriers due to the massive IT industry in Bangalore & traffic bound for SFO. Has BLR tried recruiting more East Asian carriers like Air Nippon Airways, Korean Air, Air China, China Eastern & China Southern!? They all have massive TPAC networks especially Korean Air which flies to more destinations in the Americas than any other Asian carrier (SEA, SFO, LAX, LAS, DFW, ORD, JFK, BOS, IAD, ATL + MSP/DTW on Delta). BTW flying BLR-SFO via Europe is a little longer than via East Asia in terms of distance but Europe has higher yields.
The main land Chinese carriers have a bilateral issue that is holding them back from adding anymore significant flights to India. There has been talk of that being enhanced so 6E and SG can get access to China, but I am sure if that happens it will hurt AI more than help 6E/SG. NH is adding MAA and both JL and NH at BLR seems like too much right now. Who knows about KE. I would like to see them there, but it seems like a long shot.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Cheers!

So to clarify I am not saying never, I am saying in the next year or two. I think the big change could be if there is more inbound business traffic to BLR from SFO. Then the flight could work with UA type $10k roundtrip J fares. If I had to bet, I would say BLR-NRT flight is driven by J traffic originating in Japan plus US-BLR traffic (but the core is Japan origin O&D paying super high fares).
The two hotels I frequent in BLR always have so many Japanese people as guests there on business. It always seemed like a matter of time before JL/NH flew to BLR. This flight will be a winner for JL.

sand26391

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So to clarify I am not saying never, I am saying in the next year or two.

I never said that a SFO flight WILL happen in the next 12-24months. But eventually it will happen & when it does (say in next 5 years) it will be a huge achievement.

binayak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:57 pm

pune wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
For example, in Q2 2018

Could you elaborate how, do you mean leg-room would make it easier for non-stop flights to function or you meant something else ?

More Y+/ J pax will lead to higher yields thus justifying non stop flight b/w the 2 cities .

pune

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 am

avier wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

I doubt BLR can ever become a FSC hub. It's turned into a major ULCC fortress. The only FSC routes that'll work from BLR are to BOM/DEL & select int'l markets. The FSC departures are roughly : 20 AI + 10 Vistara. That's just 30 odd FSC departures of Indian carriers out of BLR. And with DEL/BOM becoming even more available by way of Jet vacated slots, BLR would seem even more uninteresting for the FSC's.

TATA group clearly loves the financial capital, being the home of the huge conglomerate and of all other similar such conglomerates too, and AI clearly loves the national capital for political reasons ofcourse.

With 6E MRO facility coming up at BLR, I see it a major 6E hub only, probably not even viable for other LCC's like G8 or SG- unless they want to go head-to-head with the big bully, which I doubt they will.

By big bully, you mean who ?

unrave

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:20 am

pune wrote:

By big bully, you mean who ?

IndiGo

dtw2hyd

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am

avier wrote:

If you discount connections to other metros Vistara has 0 and AI has ~9.

unrave

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

If you discount connections to other metros Vistara has 0 and AI has ~9.

If you discount all connections, no airline will have any flights.

sand26391

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:53 pm

BLR overtakes COK in International pax traffic for March 2019 for the 1st time with 23% growth rate, which is the highest among the metros airports. Meanwhile HYD intl pax grew at 1.9% in March......

dtw2hyd

Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:48 pm

Here is a comparison of BLR's international traffic growth for Oct-Dec quarter for years '18 and '17. It appears most growth came from regional tourism mainly Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand. AI's LHR traffic was the only exception. 9W AMS also had a boost, but now it is gone.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos