Eirules

Re: Irish 4/19: Summer flyin', had me a blast

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:30 am

More than the actual business class product on board, the biggest thing letting them down is the lounges. They’re charging higher fares ex DUB than BA/AA or AF/KL to USA and while they’re not always direct options, they are offering far superior lounge experiences. In many cases the partner lounges that EI are using are better than their own lounges. They don’t offer any real hot food in the lounges, wines and champagnes are basic, no spas etc. If they’re to price themselves at / above their competitors that needs to change.

Arguably their seat is better than the current BA one, the DL 767 or the UA 757 and probably on a par with AA & UA 787. They offer free WiFi in business which most don’t and their staff are certainly no worse than anyone else (inconsistent).

Perhaps onboard food could be a touch classier but that’s an easy fix. It’s a bit clunky and old fashioned (Irish stew, cottage pie etc) and you really should be able to pre order ex DUB like most major carriers offer now
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

eirflot

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 pm

I am a fan of EI and i have tried when ever possible to use EI. in the past it was possible to book different carriers for one stop or multi hop flights. That has become virtually impossible or where possible it is silly expensive. In my case that EI is not in an alliance is unhelpful
EI is inconsistent and it is the little things that consistantly irritate - poor own lounges, variable priority boarding and moody staff! The new branding should be used to clean house but i doubt that it will. Profits are at a point where a few.million on refinements might be money well spent. Changing the paint and uniforms without upgrading the underlying services is simply a cheap makeover

shamrock350

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 pm

EI-CVB is now in the new livery after its liaison with the Aer Corps last weekend.

https://flic.kr/p/256JyyF

Doubt we'll see many more repaints over the summer.

OA260

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Norwegian ‘is taking its foot off gas’ in Cork

AIRLINE Norwegian seems to be ‘taking their foot off the gas’ regarding US flights going out of Cork Airport, a West Cork councillor has claimed.

Cllr Paul Hayes (SF) expressed his concerns about the future of the Cork to Providence flights, at a meeting of the local authority this week. His comments followed the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max by the European aviation authorities, due to safety concerns.

Currently, flights to and from Cork Airport are being re-routed through Dublin Airport until June 30th.

‘I just think a bit more pressure needs to be put back on Norwegian because we have put such an emphasis on developing the transatlantic route and we have an awful lot of twinning arrangements made in the New England area, including Maine and Scituate, and all that area south of Boston,’ said Cllr Hayes.

www.southernstar.ie/news/roundup/articl ... s-in-cork/

—-

Shannon Airport owner boosts profit to €21.5m
Semi-State company warned that Boeing groundings could affect 2019 performance

Shannon Airport’s parent company more than doubled its pre-tax profit last year on the back of increasing passenger numbers and a better performance across its other commercial arms.

Shannon Group, which also controls Shannon Commercial Properties and Shannon Heritage, said profit before tax before exceptional items rose more than 125 per cent to €21.5 million.

However, the company booked a €5.8 million exceptional charge in respect of its voluntary severance scheme which was launched in November 2016. That reduced its profit before tax to €15.7 million. Nevertheless, turnover rose 8 per cent to €77.8 million while earnings increased by 37 per cent to €12.7 million.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 3?mode=amp

Skyblue39

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 pm

The first Westjet flight from Halifax to
Dublin (Flight WS50), arrives at 07:30 tomorrow and departs at 09:00 back to Halifax.

OA260

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Nice visual update to the Dublin Airport App

OA260

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:42 am

GOOD YEAR FOR IRELAND'S DAA GROUP

Profits at Ireland's daa Group increased by 6% to a record €133 million in 2018 as the company, which has operations in 13 countries, benefitted from higher passenger numbers and increased commercial income.

Daa’s results for 2018 showed that the Group, which operates Dublin and Cork airports, the global travel retailer ARI and daa International, had another positive year.

Total passenger numbers for Dublin and Cork airports increased by 6% to a record 33.9 million last year.

Dublin Airport had its eighth consecutive year of passenger growth, while Cork Airport saw its third successive year of increased traffic.

www.airport-world.com/news/general-news ... group.html

—-

Dublin Airport will be able to handle summer traffic, vows DAA

DUBLIN AIRPORT will be able to accommodate all aircraft this summer as it gears up for its busiest travel season ever, the DAA has said.

That's despite the semi-State's own previous warnings of looming constraints for narrow-body aircraft parking at the gateway.

Those warnings, first made in 2017, and again highlighted at the weekend in a document published by the semi-state company as it prepares to undertake a €235m programme of works that's part of a wider €900m infrastructure development project at the airport.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 61578.html

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed May 01, 2019 8:18 am

Hello folks! Thread 5/19 up and running: here's the link ...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1421559

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos