OA260

Re: Irish 4/19: Summer flyin', had me a blast

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Irish airports saw 6% increase in passenger numbers

A total of 36.5 million passengers passed through the main Irish airports last year, an increase of 6.1% over the previous year.

New figures from the Central Statistics Office show that passenger numbers increased last year in Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Knock and Shannon airports.

But passenger numbers decreased in airports in Connemara in Galway and Inishmore in Donegal.

The CSO said the five main airports accounted for 99.8% of all air passenger numbers, while Dublin airport accounted for 85.6% of all air passengers carried in 2018.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0418/1043 ... tatistics/

Clydenairways

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
eirflot wrote:
What is the latest news on the new EI 321's? Very quiet!

First pic taken yesterday.

http://rw.www.flickr.com/photos/mathias ... ist-Tq9rU5

I see from the photo that this is going to be a LEAP engine, I thought that EI selected the PW engine for the A321 NEO

BrianDromey

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 pm

The A32-LR is going to look great. I saw a few examples of the new livery in DUB recently. It really dates the old livery, I think.

I like the -LRx reg sequence. It’s something EI haven’t done for a while, since the -DEx batch of A320s, I think. BA are very good at this, the A380s are G-XLEx (Xtra Large European), the 77Ws are -STBx (StreTched Boeing), the A320neos are TTNx (Three Twenty NEO) and the A321s are -NEOx and the 777s are -ZZZx or -YMMx (Year Two Thousand).

OA260

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 am

British Destinations Continue To Drive Traffic At Shannon Airport

British destinations continue to dominate traffic at Shannon Airport, accounting for over a third of passengers passing through last year.

Figures released by the CSO show that of the 1.6 million travelling through the Midwest facility in 2018, Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted alone accounted for almost 600,000.

Passenger numbers overall at Shannon are at a eight-year high.

www.clare.fm/news/aviation/british-dest ... n-airport/

OA260

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Joelatbsl wrote:
Stade Toulousain coming in later this week in Dublin, for the Rugby Champions Cup semifinal against Leinster, using Enter Air and Carpatair:

https://championsleaguecharters.blogspo ... 20-21.html

Just landed at DUB

eicvd

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:36 pm

OA260 wrote:
Joelatbsl wrote:
Stade Toulousain coming in later this week in Dublin, for the Rugby Champions Cup semifinal against Leinster, using Enter Air and Carpatair:

https://championsleaguecharters.blogspo ... 20-21.html

Just landed at DUB

Ha, not surprised by the Swissport supervisor there who’s having a good look
COYBIB

marcogr12

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Oh my god..That company is still flying??? i thought they ceased ops years ago
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

Joelatbsl

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Well, Stade Toulousain will return with empty hands tonight. Leinster has made it into the final and will play in Newcastle on 11 May. Surely some air bridge to come there.

In the meantime, Leister's "bespoke" Avro RJ85 EI-RJX has been ferried to Canada to become a firefighter today.

JOEL

shamrock350

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Aer Lingus took part in a training exercise with the Aer Corps this evening. The Airbus A320, EI-CVB, departed Dublin just before 7pm and spent over an hour in the air completing numerous laps over the midlands before landing at Shannon. It was accompanied by two other aircraft, most likely PC-9M trainers of the Air Corps.

Additionally, the aircraft will now go in for repainting into the new livery at Shannon.

OA260

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Joelatbsl wrote:
In the meantime, Leister's "bespoke" Avro RJ85 EI-RJX has been ferried to Canada to become a firefighter today.

JOEL

Interesting thanks for the update.

OA260

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 am

Bus Éireann ‘stood behind Shannon Airport when everybody else was leaving’

A review of Bus Éireann’s service operating out of Shannon Airport could yield a greater number of flyers according to one local representative.

Speaking at the March meeting of the Shannon Municipal District, Cllr Pat McMahon encouraged a delegation from the transport company to assess what it is doing at the airport to counteract the ever growing traffic out of Dublin Airport.

“I believe the service from Shannon Airport is very good, it is understated with marketing in my mind, there are 42 services from Dublin Airport every day,” the Newmarket-on-Fergus councillor flagged.

“This is the Shannon Municipal District and Shannon Airport is our economic driver, I would like if ye could review the main service out of Shannon Airport to counteract Dublin. It is a great opportunity to bring in a wider market especially with the airlines arriving, tie up with the airlines and say what ye are providing any bit of initiative would be welcome. We have no agenda here, this is our lifeline”.

www.clareecho.ie/bus-eireann-stood-behi ... s-leaving/

---

Does Cork Airport suck? are Shannon and Dublin too far away? try Kerry

During the spell of wet weather this day last week (remember Monday? when everyone was wearing coats and jumpers again) we decided to do some summer holiday planning. Living in Cork our Airport of choice is Cork Airport, our second choice is Dublin Airport (2h 45mins drive), and our third choice is Shannon Airport (1h 45mins drive).

Before you say it, yes, we know that Shannon Airport is closer to Cork than Dublin Airport, but have you driven that painful road to Shannon recently? It is slow and requires concentration as you snake your way past Mallow, through Charleville, and onwards to Croom. It is a road which never seems to end #CorkToLimerickMotorwayRequired.

This time, during our search on Skyscanner, a fourth option arrived onto our radar, it is called Kerry Airport (it used to be called Farranfore, but the Kerry brand name is much more marketable!. After all, Farranfore is a village with a population of just 84 people).

We have all vaguely heard of Kerry Airport, but why should we care?

www.thecork.ie/2019/04/22/does-cork-air ... try-kerry/

dstc47

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 pm

A very odd comment by the Cllr, what does he mean? He seems to believe that more bus routes will deliver more passengers from SNN.

42 bus services out of Dublin Airport ?? Perhaps individual runs by Bus Eireann, hardly bus routes.
What about the very frequent services by Dublin Bus, plus other operators including the limited stop airport coaches.

Galwayman

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 pm

dstc47 wrote:
A very odd comment by the Cllr, what does he mean? He seems to believe that more bus routes will deliver more passengers from SNN.

42 bus services out of Dublin Airport ?? Perhaps individual runs by Bus Eireann, hardly bus routes.
What about the very frequent services by Dublin Bus, plus other operators including the limited stop airport coaches.

He's absolutely right, a more reliable bus service to cities like Galway would certainly make SNN a more attractive option than DUB

marcogr12

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 am

Aegean's winter schedule shows more convenient flying times, on its 2w (Mon,Fri) ATH-DUB route..It departs ATH 0905 and from DUB 1210 arriving in ATH at 1800..This is much more in line with the schedule of prime UK routes (LON,MAN,EDI), to give pax more flexibility for onward connections,both ways,at more humane hours..I really fail to understand why EI left the field all open to FR and A3 to turn this into year-round service and they just stayed in the backburner as a seasonal player...

Eirules

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:12 am

marcogr12 wrote:
Aegean's winter schedule shows more convenient flying times, on its 2w (Mon,Fri) ATH-DUB route..It departs ATH 0905 and from DUB 1210 arriving in ATH at 1800..This is much more in line with the schedule of prime UK routes (LON,MAN,EDI), to give pax more flexibility for onward connections,both ways,at more humane hours..I really fail to understand why EI left the field all open to FR and A3 to turn this into year-round service and they just stayed in the backburner as a seasonal player...

For EI to get decent transatlantic connections ex ATH, the plane would have to leave around 8am-9am so it’d involve them night stopping in ATH. That simply isn’t going to happen. A3 are getting connections on the other end while FR are mopping up much of the point to point traffic
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

OA260

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am

marcogr12 wrote:

Ideal would be leaving ATH at 20:00 with aircraft overnighting and going back out of DUB at 07:00. That would be good for both point to point diaspora traffic which A3 get a lot of and connections. The current timetable works better in my opinion although Im not a fan of overnight flights. The UK is different in that A3 gets a lot of biz traffic which Ireland - Greece does not have so that determines frequency and times also.

As for ATH-DUB-TATL it offers little when you can fly 50 mins to IST and get a superior product often at good fares . Large baggage allowance and full service carrier on all flights. EI works well to about Rome but past that it does not. For Greece EI is mostly bucket and spade.

marcogr12

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:38 am

True about IST but a lot of people also prefer not flying backwards so they choose via London,CDG or the almighty LH/LX *Alliance, if they don't fly one of the direct ones from ATH and then connect onwards..This year it's getting crowded with DL,UA,EK,NO
And yes since EI aircraft won't overnight, like LH,AF,KLM,BA,AZ do, they lose out to them leaving early in the morning from ATH to offer connections..A pity though since EI has got so many TATL to offer and its product is decent..Couldn't A3 codeshare or do an interline agreement with EI to promote pax thru DUB and for EI to have pax thru ATH to the rest of Greece or ME with A3?

OA260

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Evelop standing in for Norwegian

Skyblue39

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Ethiopian Airlines has secured 5th Freedom rights for DUB-MAD sector from 2nd June 2019.
4 weekly MON-WED-FRI-SUN
Flights continue to ADD from MAD.

Source: Ethiopian Airlines Ireland, Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/EthiopianAirlinesIreland/

shamrock350

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Norwegian reduces Dublin-Hamilton service in July 2019

Between 06 July - 28 July, the airline will operate this route 3 times a week, instead of 4 with a 737-800.

The schedule for August onwards "remains pending" according to the report.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2019/

Sorry if previously posted, didn't see it up the thread. I'm guessing this more juggling of the schedule as the MAX groundings rumble on.

OA260

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
Norwegian reduces Dublin-Hamilton service in July 2019

Between 06 July - 28 July, the airline will operate this route 3 times a week, instead of 4 with a 737-800.

The schedule for August onwards "remains pending" according to the report.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2019/

Sorry if previously posted, didn't see it up the thread. I'm guessing this more juggling of the schedule as the MAX groundings rumble on.

No surprise there . Should have seen the lines for their check in today in T2. Horrendous.

User001

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned (did a thread search but nothing came up) but Qatar appear to be going 11 weekly next summer.

Starting April 1st, the 0840 departure is daily, while the 1510 departure runs Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun.

B788 operates all flights.

Eirules

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:
Ethiopian Airlines has secured 5th Freedom rights for DUB-MAD sector from 2nd June 2019.
4 weekly MON-WED-FRI-SUN

Could be an interesting way to get to MAD, especially up front

Galwayman

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 am

Skyblue39 wrote:
4 weekly MON-WED-FRI-SUN

Bookable now ...£92 in econ, £392 bus ...787 take my money already, brilliant news

OA260

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 am

Dublin Airport is embarking on its multimillion-euro project to upgrade a security-screening system for passenger baggage at Terminal 1.

DAA is kickstarting a massive overhaul of its baggage-handling systems to comply with new explosive detection requirements under EU rules.

DAA has previously indicated that the work on the baggage security system at Terminal 1 would begin this year. It's not due to be finished until 2023.
The airport operator has already said that the project at Terminal 1 will be challenging due to spatial and structural constraints.

DAA intends to demolish a baggage-handling building between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, and replace it with a five-storey extension. It will include an extended baggage hall with new equipment, a control room, offices and other facilities. There will also be a baggage conveyor link to the Terminal 2 baggage hall.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 47419.html

—-

EI121

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:51 am

User001 wrote:
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned (did a thread search but nothing came up) but Qatar appear to be going 11 weekly next summer.

Starting April 1st, the 0840 departure is daily, while the 1510 departure runs Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun.

I believe they are increasing to 11 per week from 1st July..

" The increased frequencies - from July 1 to the end of September - will be on its Boeing 787 Dreamliners, offering 22 seats in business class."

https://www.independent.ie/business/qat ... 83571.html

User001

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 am

EI121 wrote:
User001 wrote:

I believe they are increasing to 11 per week from 1st July..

" The increased frequencies - from July 1 to the end of September - will be on its Boeing 787 Dreamliners, offering 22 seats in business class."

https://www.independent.ie/business/qat ... 83571.html

Ah fair enough, like I say did do a search but so much news in Irish Aviation it appears to have gotten lost n the noise.

But I suppose the news for this is that next years increase is from 1st April rather than July, so still good news.

Eirules

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Air Canada have confirmed that their SNN route won’t operate at all this summer due to the MAX groundings

OA260

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 am

Aer Lingus warned over ‘misleading’ pet travel adverts

Aer Lingus has received a warning from the national advertising watchdog after a customer complained that information around the cost of travelling with pets on the airline was misleading.

The woman, who had booked tickets for a European flight and intended to bring her animal with her, said Aerlingus. com indicated that pet travel on regional flights cost €40, while transatlantic flights would be €160. She noted that this left a range of costs for travel within Europe.

However, when she contacted freight forwarders, which is a requirement for pet travel in Europe, she was quoted a price of around €1,000 per flight

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-n ... 6?mode=amp

—-

The grounding of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft fleet now threatens to deprive Cork and Shannon of their direct Norwegian Airlines routes to the US for the entire summer season.

Ryanair - which has an order in place for 135 of the next-generation Boeing aircraft in its Max 200 version - may also be unable to introduce the plane into service before late August.

The Irish airline was scheduled to accept five 737-Max 200s, a modified version of the Max 8, by June with a further 50 scheduled for delivery before the start of the 2020 season.
Ryanair insisted its schedules would be unaffected by the grounding as its network continues to be fully operated by its fleet of 400 Boeing 737-800 series aircraft.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cor ... 52238.html

BrianDromey

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:26 am

OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus warned over ‘misleading’ pet travel adverts

Aer Lingus has received a warning from the national advertising watchdog after a customer complained that information around the cost of travelling with pets on the airline was misleading.

The woman, who had booked tickets for a European flight and intended to bring her animal with her, said Aerlingus. com indicated that pet travel on regional flights cost €40, while transatlantic flights would be €160. She noted that this left a range of costs for travel within Europe.

However, when she contacted freight forwarders, which is a requirement for pet travel in Europe, she was quoted a price of around €1,000 per flight

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... 6?mode=amp

—-

The grounding of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft fleet now threatens to deprive Cork and Shannon of their direct Norwegian Airlines routes to the US for the entire summer season.

Ryanair - which has an order in place for 135 of the next-generation Boeing aircraft in its Max 200 version - may also be unable to introduce the plane into service before late August.

The Irish airline was scheduled to accept five 737-Max 200s, a modified version of the Max 8, by June with a further 50 scheduled for delivery before the start of the 2020 season.
Ryanair insisted its schedules would be unaffected by the grounding as its network continues to be fully operated by its fleet of 400 Boeing 737-800 series aircraft.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cor ... 52238.html

OA260

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am

Looks like severe weather on the way that could disrupt flights especially at SNN and ORK.

Warnings as Storm Hannah approaches from Atlantic

Met Éireann has said it will be reviewing its warning level for Storm Hannah and may have to issue a more severe alert than the Status Orange warning currently in place for Munster.

Storm Hannah is making its way across the Atlantic and is expected to hit southwest coast of the country this afternoon with winds gusting as high as 130km/h.

www.rte.ie/news/2019/0426/1045766-weather-storm/

AmricanShamrok

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Eirules wrote:
Air Canada have confirmed that their SNN route won’t operate at all this summer due to the MAX groundings

Not good news. Between the AC and D8 suspensions this will negatively impact on overall passenger numbers at SNN this year, especially if they're re-booking them via DUB (i.e. no alternative connections being offered from SNN).

JAmie2k9

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Not good news. Between the AC and D8 suspensions this will negatively impact on overall passenger numbers at SNN this year, especially if they're re-booking them via DUB (i.e. no alternative connections being offered from SNN).

AC were offering via LHR/EWR or DUB.

Had YUL-DUB not been upgraded to A330 both AC/EI would have pulled it this year.

OA260

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Storm Hannah Travel Advisory

Please be advised that due to anticipated high winds caused by Storm Hannah, there may be a number of flight disruptions and cancellations on the Aer Lingus network.
Guests are advised to check the status of their flight here before departing for the airport.

In the case of a cancelled flight, affected guests can opt to:
1) be accommodated on the next available flight,
2) cancel and apply for a refund.

More information can be found below or by contacting our call centre on 00-353-1-886 8989.

Guests' rights and airlines' obligations under Regulation (EC) 261/2004, can be found here

Aer Lingus Guest Services

www.aerlingus.com/support/flight-disrup ... formation/

shamrock350

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Confirmation of the additional A330s for Aer Lingus.

2 A330-302's have been listed for Aer Lingus in the Airbus A330 Production List as MSN 1950 & 1951.

https://aibfamily.flights/production-list/A330

The first is due late this year.

eidvm

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

2 A330-302's have been listed for Aer Lingus in the Airbus A330 Production List as MSN 1950 & 1951.

From the look of the list they'll be the last two A330 Ceo's produced before production goes all A330Neo.

BrianDromey

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:16 pm

I imagine the pencils were fairly sharp on that deal, considering they are last off the line and the delays to the LR have caused EI to have to cancel an entire destination outright for the summer season.

klm617

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Not looking good at this point for any new A321LR destinations in the US for summer 2020. If they are taking 2 A333 they are probably going to go with DEN.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

JAmie2k9

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:19 pm

klm617 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Not looking good at this point for any new A321LR destinations in the US for summer 2020. If they are taking 2 A333 they are probably going to go with DEN.

4 A321LR due in 2020 plus the 4 this year. One of A330 due to be a replacement. These two A330 have been planned for months.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Weren't they talking about some further A330s after these two? Where will they get others if they need them (assuming they're not going for Neos)?

Qatar Airways?

JAmie2k9

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:26 pm

kaitak wrote:
Weren't they talking about some further A330s after these two? Where will they get others if they need them (assuming they're not going for Neos)?

Qatar Airways?

Officially I don't think more are planned. I think they will wait until the 12 A321 are introduced and see after that.

VanBosch

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Would love to know what current IAG thinking is in terms of the SH fleet. Will they order a320neos and will a new type like the A220 or E170/190 be added.

BrianDromey

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:26 pm

I guess it’s a bit early to launch 2020 summer destinations. There might not be many LR destinations, depending how EI time the 757 replacement. So far we can assume YUL, MSP, BDL, SNN-JFK and BOS. They will still need at least one 757, unless some of the 2020 deliveries are in the first few months of the year. How they choose to use the LRs will be interesting, will routes like PHL or IAD get the LR and the A330s go further afield? A day flight from JFK, even BOS? Or more of the East Coast random route generator? In the fullness of time, I expect all of this, but what they choose first will be interesting.

Short haul thinking at IAG seems to be A320/1neo. They’ve got 200, or so on order. If EI can make the business case, they will get some. I’ve long felt the A220/C-Series has a place at IAG. They’d be great at LCY, with Aer Lingus and doing the A319 work at BA, IB and Vueling. IAG haven’t bitten yet.

klm617

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
I guess it’s a bit early to launch 2020 summer destinations. There might not be many LR destinations, depending how EI time the 757 replacement. So far we can assume YUL, MSP, BDL, SNN-JFK and BOS. They will still need at least one 757, unless some of the 2020 deliveries are in the first few months of the year. How they choose to use the LRs will be interesting, will routes like PHL or IAD get the LR and the A330s go further afield? A day flight from JFK, even BOS? Or more of the East Coast random route generator? In the fullness of time, I expect all of this, but what they choose first will be interesting.

Short haul thinking at IAG seems to be A320/1neo. They’ve got 200, or so on order. If EI can make the business case, they will get some. I’ve long felt the A220/C-Series has a place at IAG. They’d be great at LCY, with Aer Lingus and doing the A319 work at BA, IB and Vueling. IAG haven’t bitten yet.

I agree I don't think we will see any new 321LR US destinations in the summer of 2020 except YUL. Maybe the extra 330 will allow them to add the long rumored DEN-DUB route..
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

alancostello

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:47 am

BrianDromey wrote:

Only one 757 is leaving next year, the oddball with the RR engines, so there will be room for expansion.

A220 would be great but LCY is tight on parking and no more than 2 can be parked/at gates at the same time currently.

shamrock350

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:52 am

The most recently available long haul fleet plan for Aer Lingus suggested the airline expected a total of four additional A330s between 2020-2021, two in each year to be exact. We’ve now had confirmation of the first two, listed as A330-302’s, so the next question is what the following two frames will be, could they be second hand A333s or is the A330neo possibly headed for Aer Lingus as recently rumoured.

As for the A321LR, the same fleet plan listed a total of 3 frames for this year rising to 8 by 2020 and the first 3 have indeed appeared on the production list, the first of which we recently saw at Hamburg. By 2021 Aer Lingus plan 12 frames in the fleet, rising to 14 by 2023! There’s room to manoeuvre here if and when Airbus launch the XLR version.

The 757s were originally expected to be gone sometime in 2020 but are now unofficially staying in some capacity until 2021. At least one 757, EI-CJX, will depart the fleet at the earliest opportunity but this depends on A321LR arrivals, I think they’ll wait until the second frame is in full service before letting any 757s go.

OA260

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:24 am

Rumours Re : new Business Class product are being looked at . Will be interesting to see if they go for a minor upgrade or total revamp.

KeevaOS

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 am

And what about Business class product on the short haul?

ClassicLover

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am

OA260 wrote:
Rumours Re : new Business Class product are being looked at . Will be interesting to see if they go for a minor upgrade or total revamp.

Interesting... maybe it will just be an upgrade to the soft product?

The current business class still isn't really all that old.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Eirules

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:30 am

More than the actual business class product on board, the biggest thing letting them down is the lounges. They’re charging higher fares ex DUB than BA/AA or AF/KL to USA and while they’re not always direct options, they are offering far superior lounge experiences. In many cases the partner lounges that EI are using are better than their own lounges. They don’t offer any real hot food in the lounges, wines and champagnes are basic, no spas etc. If they’re to price themselves at / above their competitors that needs to change.

Arguably their seat is better than the current BA one, the DL 767 or the UA 757 and probably on a par with AA & UA 787. They offer free WiFi in business which most don’t and their staff are certainly no worse than anyone else (inconsistent).

Perhaps onboard food could be a touch classier but that’s an easy fix. It’s a bit clunky and old fashioned (Irish stew, cottage pie etc) and you really should be able to pre order ex DUB like most major carriers offer now

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos