Gulfstream500
Topic Author
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:26 pm

(Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west
 
emuwarveteran
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Dornier 328JET? Nice. Always loved the look of that plane. Hopefully this revival will be here to stay and spice up operations in the Midwest
CL CRJ9, W6 A320
 
NWADTWE16
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Very nice, MKE-DTW probably in the cards
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!
 
kiowa
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:59 pm

It would be great to see a quality carrier in MKE again.
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 pm

100m for a startup is no small feat! Jetblue started with 128 million.

wow!
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
WeatherPilot
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
100m for a startup is no small feat! Jetblue started with 128 million.

wow!


According to an inflation calculator what cost $128 Million in 1999 costs roughly $200 Million today.
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5422
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Is this an April Fool's joke?
Is that website an April Fool's joke, too?
Because I would LOVE if this were true.
But I'm not gonna let myself fall for it, otherwise!
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
Is this an April Fool's joke?
Is that website an April Fool's joke, too?
Because I would LOVE if this were true.
But I'm not gonna let myself fall for it, otherwise!


Uh, notice inclusion of the date April 31st?
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
(Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com


So why does the website show a CRJ?
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:55 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
(Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com


So why does the website show a CRJ?


Because some tween created the website?
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
Gulfstream500
Topic Author
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
Is this an April Fool's joke?
Is that website an April Fool's joke, too?
Because I would LOVE if this were true.
But I'm not gonna let myself fall for it, otherwise!


Partially... but the revival is supposed to happen. They’re supposed to start flying in 2020, not with these routes or Ultimate. They certainly did not get 100m dollars...
Last edited by Gulfstream500 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 pm

If it happens, PLEASE!!!!!!!, bring back the last Midwest livery! It would look great on a 190.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
GSPSPOT
Posts: 2465
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:44 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 am

TWA772LR wrote:
If it happens, PLEASE!!!!!!!, bring back the last Midwest livery! It would look great on a 190.

Hear, hear!
Great Lakes, great life.
 
WA707atMSP
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 am

I don't care what type of airplane they use, as long as they bring back the chocolate chip cookies!

My favorite YX memory: after the flight attendants completed the cookie service on a MSP-MKE flight, I went back to the galley for another, and the flight attendant gave me a full dozen left over cookies. She would have had to throw them out at the end of the flight, so I was glad to ensure they did not go into a landfill.......
 
n7371f
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:32 am

The livery did look good on the E190. Republic operated several fully painted in the last YX livery.

GSPSPOT wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
If it happens, PLEASE!!!!!!!, bring back the last Midwest livery! It would look great on a 190.

Hear, hear!
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm

"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
klm617
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:03 pm

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Very nice, MKE-DTW probably in the cards


LOL if only DTW is on nobody's radar.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 pm

klm617 wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:
Very nice, MKE-DTW probably in the cards


LOL if only DTW is on nobody's radar.

It's on Delta's.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
rj777
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:47 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Varsity1 wrote:


looks like things are getting serious and this isn't just a fantasy anymore.
 
klm617
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:57 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
klm617 wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:
Very nice, MKE-DTW probably in the cards


LOL if only DTW is on nobody's radar.

It's on Delta's.



Not really.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
mke717spotter
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com

Sooo is any of this actually legit or was it an April Fools' joke? There's nothing on that website and I can't find any related information anywhere online.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1864
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com

Sooo is any of this actually legit or was it an April Fools' joke? There's nothing on that website and I can't find any related information anywhere online.


Maybe you missed the previous post, but they are leasing office space.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/n ... chell.html


The thing that struck me as a bit odd was code share agreements (already???) with B6 who only serves MSP on their planned routes
 
UWPAviation
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:51 am

spinkid wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com

Sooo is any of this actually legit or was it an April Fools' joke? There's nothing on that website and I can't find any related information anywhere online.


Maybe you missed the previous post, but they are leasing office space.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/n ... chell.html


The thing that struck me as a bit odd was code share agreements (already???) with B6 who only serves MSP on their planned routes


The only news I have found is the article regarding office space. I do not believe the post about them starting this July.
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:54 am

TWA772LR wrote:
klm617 wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:
Very nice, MKE-DTW probably in the cards


LOL if only DTW is on nobody's radar.

It's on Delta's.

Please don’t encourage him. :roll:
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:34 am

Some sad irony in the selection of the new HQ...it's within a few hundred feet of the crash site of YX's DC-9 back in 1985(?).
 
User avatar
illinoisman
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:49 am

They would have still been here all these years if they hadn't sold out to Frontier & Republic! Now they start all over!

https://bringbackmidwestexpress.com/
 
MKENut
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:34 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:15 pm

I hope they learned from the mistakes of the old Midwest Airlines. And keep Hoeksema away from this new airline please!
 
User avatar
adamblang
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm

n7371f wrote:
Some sad irony in the selection of the new HQ...it's within a few hundred feet of the crash site of YX's DC-9 back in 1985(?).

I believe it's also the same building as the old HQ.
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90
 
Planeboy17
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:42 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com

Sooo is any of this actually legit or was it an April Fools' joke? There's nothing on that website and I can't find any related information anywhere online.

The Topic Author states it was April Fools on reply#11.
 
Gulfstream500
Topic Author
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:09 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
The second iteration of Midwest Airlines is to buy Ultimate Jet Charters and begin operations from MKE to LUK, MCI, and MSP on July 31, 2019. The service will take place on only weekdays, and will utilize former skyway airlines Fairchild 328JET and Embraer ERJ-135 aircraft. After raising almost 100 million dollars from local investors, the airport authorities, and former Midwest executives. Midwest has also ordered Embraer 170 and 190 aircraft to eventually create a focus city in Milwaukee. Codeshare services are availible with JetBlue and WestJet. Flights will be bookable in April 31, 2019.

https://www.flymidwestexpress.com

Sooo is any of this actually legit or was it an April Fools' joke? There's nothing on that website and I can't find any related information anywhere online.

The Topic Author states it was April Fools on reply#11.


Sooo... this was originally an April fools thread - which then became true. I knew of plans to revive the airline, but did not actually know that they would launch so soon after the post.

True parts: they are in fact relaunching as an MKE based airline.

False parts: they are not buying Ultimate, and have not scheduled flights yet. There is no codeshare.

I will repost the thread to prevent any more confusion... I did not anticipate this actually coming true.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420297

Feel free to lock this thread....
What's the deal with airplane food?

Frontier Airlines: Spirit of the west
 
n7371f
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 am

It is not. The old corp headquarters are about a mile south of this location. Back when YX was last in business, I believe this new property was still being the gates of the ANG.

adamblang wrote:
n7371f wrote:
Some sad irony in the selection of the new HQ...it's within a few hundred feet of the crash site of YX's DC-9 back in 1985(?).

I believe it's also the same building as the old HQ.
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:30 am

illinoisman wrote:
They would have still been here all these years if they hadn't sold out to Frontier & Republic! Now they start all over!

https://bringbackmidwestexpress.com/


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_A ... vice_added

"Additional changes were announced on September 3, 2008, when the airline announced that it had raised $60 million from TPG, Northwest Airlines, and Republic Airways Holdings. As part of the outsourcing deal, Republic Airline operated 12 Embraer 170 aircraft under the Midwest Airlines brand, though Midwest had the option to convert the aircraft into a long-term lease and operate them directly. The airline also reached an agreement with Boeing Capital to return 16 Boeing 717s, leaving it at the time with a fleet of only 9 aircraft.[26]"

"On June 23, 2009, Republic Airways Holdings, Inc announced they would acquire Midwest Airlines for $31 million. The deal closed on July 30.[27] Midwest became a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways and continued to operate under current branding.[28] The Midwest Airlines FAA operating certificate expired on November 3, 2009. The acquisition by Republic occurred just 22 months after TPG and Northwest Airlines paid $450 million for Midwest. The total loss of investment by TPG and Northwest was 93% or $419 million."

Ya, sounds like they'd be going gangbusters right now if it wasn't for those devilish F9 and Republic guys. lol
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
commpilot
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Midwest Airlines 2.0

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:07 pm

As of a year ago they apparently raised $750,000 and needed another $5-6 Million for round two to buy a defunct 121 certificate. The only one that comes to find would be Great Lakes if the creditors of that bankruptcy still need to sell it. Other than them, who else is there that mind be around? The office space they just rented is a small building on the old 440th ANG property that the airport has turned into a mix use business park.

The other major key issue is convincing everyone who watched the actual Midwest be torn apart, in a ego tripping corporate suicide, that this is ok trust again. Nothing will be the same other a name on a plane and probably brown seat covers. You can't run an airline that is cost effective for the customer and yet profitable when you use low capacity planes. How people forget history so soon. Lastly there is the huge road block, SWA and Delta. They will throw cheap fares at rounds to make sure no one thinks about buying a ticket on a start up out of MKE. This all seems like a daydream for people who want to play house for a while with other people's money.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos