Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Flflyer83

Re: Avelo Airlines News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:19 am

Wneast wrote:
Flflyer83 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I really don’t think there is any space at Hobby hence the reason WN expanded to IAH... and I don’t know why is HOU restricted to more gates ?

Yes. HOU has space. WN expanded at IAH because there has been so much growth north of I-10 with the completion of hwy 99 and the expansion of 249, that it was almost a must to continue to hold on to the market share that they do have in Houston. I believe 26-32 are all used be other airlines (DL, AA, G4). B6 packed up and move up to IAH.

Gates 26-32 there is only 30 ? And I’m pretty sure G4 uses 2 gates that are there’s and I don’t really think any airline even has more then a couple flights of there. Even if there were maybe some room it would be for a couple flights why would they want to go there when the couldn’t grow

Hou has gates 1-5 in the international portion of the terminal, gates 20-32 on the east side of the main terminal and gates 40-51 on the west side of the terminal. So, yes, 30 total gates, but they aren’t gates 1-30.

F27500

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:28 am

airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:
Finally someone talks. Still no destination announcements though

https://www.nhregister.com/news/article ... 327716.php

Can't read the story, as it's behind a pay wall .. whats it saying, basically ?

Click on reload and quickly hit stop. May have to do it a few times but it always works for me.

That worked .. thanks for the tip! I'll be using it alot in future because i refuse to pay for the New Haven Register.. lol.

You're right .. not much more news. I do think its silly how many people are so fixated on the 2 cities Avelo is discontinuing as a sign of weakness.. Its only smart to discontinue underperforming routes. If the money wasn't there and the advance bookings weren't either, its stupid for any company to keep running empty planes to those places. Putting their resources where they're better used is the right thing to do. Had Burbank (their base) been one of the cities they dropped, well then yea .. that would be a problem, of course, but it certainly wasn't. And their chairman seemed to say that they were more seasonal-type destinations and that they will look into restarting them again next summer.

Seems like alot of Avelo-hating Karens circling like vultures (as with any new airline) wishing them failure. Sad. I'm wishing Avelo nothing but the best .. and that they continue to grow as smartly as possible. I'm hoping New Haven (especially since I live there) is a great success for them.

lightsaber

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 pm

F27500 wrote:
I do think its silly how many people are so fixated on the 2 cities Avelo is discontinuing as a sign of weakness.. Its only smart to discontinue underperforming routes. If the money wasn't there and the advance bookings weren't either, its stupid for any company to keep running empty planes to those places. Putting their resources where they're better used is the right thing to do. Had Burbank (their base) been one of the cities they dropped, well then yea .. that would be a problem, of course, but it certainly wasn't. And their chairman seemed to say that they were more seasonal-type destinations and that they will look into restarting them again next summer.

The variation of the Allegiant model requires quite a bit of seasonality and route experimentation. Something would be wrong if a new airline batted perfectly. That would mean existing airlines weren't even close to understanding demand.

Lightsaber

FATFlyer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:49 pm

lightsaber wrote:
F27500 wrote:
I do think its silly how many people are so fixated on the 2 cities Avelo is discontinuing as a sign of weakness.. Its only smart to discontinue underperforming routes. If the money wasn't there and the advance bookings weren't either, its stupid for any company to keep running empty planes to those places. Putting their resources where they're better used is the right thing to do. Had Burbank (their base) been one of the cities they dropped, well then yea .. that would be a problem, of course, but it certainly wasn't. And their chairman seemed to say that they were more seasonal-type destinations and that they will look into restarting them again next summer.

The variation of the Allegiant model requires quite a bit of seasonality and route experimentation. Something would be wrong if a new airline batted perfectly. That would mean existing airlines weren't even close to understanding demand.

Lightsaber

As I said before, some of Andrew Levy's moves with Avelo have to be looked at by observing his experience at Allegiant. Much of what he learned about startup airlines will be from there.

Allegiant took many criticisms on a.net and elsewhere after Maurice Gallagher took over (2002 and on) for its route choices and moves.

Additionally G4 was criticized here (and elsewhere) for how quickly it dropped routes and cities after only a few months if they did not meet Allegiant's internal goals. Just search from 10 or 20 years ago about new and ended routes.

For example, when Allegiant left ORH in 2006 after only a few months of service the mayor called Maury Gallagher a corporate charlatan. But Gallagher created a very profitable airline with his decisions that others criticized.

Instead of focusing on a few short-term Avelo moves, I'm trying to watch a broader view to see if Avelo will be successful or not.

caribbeanSwag

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:55 pm

“Letting customers decide where they fly from CT” hmmm

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/n ... residents/

F27500

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:00 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
“Letting customers decide where they fly from CT” hmmm

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/n ... residents/

I love it! (And I'm gonna win, too! ;) LOL)

caribbeanSwag

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm

I honestly think they’re buying time with that. “We won’t be able to launch on time but here’s this so you know we are still doing it”

airlineworker

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm

PHAT Flyer

wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Lightsaber

As I said before, some of Andrew Levy's moves with Avelo have to be looked at by observing his experience at Allegiant. Much of what he learned about startup airlines will be from there.

Allegiant took many criticisms on a.net and elsewhere after Maurice Gallagher took over (2002 and on) for its route choices and moves.

Additionally G4 was criticized here (and elsewhere) for how quickly it dropped routes and cities after only a few months if they did not meet Allegiant's internal goals. Just search from 10 or 20 years ago about new and ended routes.

For example, when Allegiant left ORH in 2006 after only a few months of service the mayor called Maury Gallagher a corporate charlatan. But Gallagher created a very profitable airline with his decisions that others criticized.

Instead of focusing on a few short-term Avelo moves, I'm trying to watch a broader view to see if Avelo will be successful or not.

Amen FATFlyer, It's the LCC's that are expanding the most and the New Haven area is so woefully under served. I feel Avelo will awaken flyers in the shoreline area that currently travel long distances to catch a flight that a nearby airport will soon have low fares to places they want to go. It's been a long road for HVN but the SCOTUS win has finally cut the chains that held back the airport from realizing it's potential..

caribbeanSwag

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:13 pm

I could see Burbank turning into a full scale connecting hub, can’t see this from New Haven though.

F27500

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:34 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
I honestly think they’re buying time with that. “We won’t be able to launch on time but here’s this so you know we are still doing it”

Its better than saying nothing at all. They needed to come up with something to keep people confident that they are serious about this service here even though its not starting right when they initially intended.

F27500

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
I could see Burbank turning into a full scale connecting hub, can’t see this from New Haven though.

Avelo isn't about being a connecting hub airline in either BUR or HVN. Same as Allegiant, Spirit, etc.

MavyWavyATR

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:55 pm

F27500 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

Avelo isn't about being a connecting hub airline in either BUR or HVN. Same as Allegiant, Spirit, etc.

That, I feel, is gonna hurt them down the road (similar to defunct SX). As for the last part there, NK offers connections on certain routes.

sfojvjets

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm

MavyWavyATR wrote:
F27500 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

That, I feel, is gonna hurt them down the road (similar to defunct SX). As for the last part there, NK offers connections on certain routes.

Why would it hurt them down the road?? Their entire business model is predicated on not having to offer connections - the fly wholly p2p routes that are attractive to the leisure and VFR crowd. I don't understand how you say that this is going to "hurt them down the road" when G4 does the same exact thing Avelo does, but on a larger scale, and has the profits to show for it.

32andBelow

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:08 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Why would it hurt them down the road?? Their entire business model is predicated on not having to offer connections - the fly wholly p2p routes that are attractive to the leisure and VFR crowd. I don't understand how you say that this is going to "hurt them down the road" when G4 does the same exact thing Avelo does, but on a larger scale, and has the profits to show for it.

I think it’s gonna hurt their maintenance programs since they can’t rotate airplanes without non revenue flights. Allegiant can route planes around its system

caribbeanSwag

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 pm

F27500 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

I’m quoting Levy. He mentions plans to switch to a connecting hub format

heavymetal

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:46 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
F27500 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

You keep saying this, but I've never seen any quote stating they are switching to a connecting hub format. Can you provide a source or a link?

caribbeanSwag

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 pm

heavymetal wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:
F27500 wrote:

You keep saying this, but I've never seen any quote stating they are switching to a connecting hub format. Can you provide a source or a link?

He’s said it a couple of times in interviews. In fact, he even directly quoted the Ryanair and easyJet model as his long term vision

Quoting hub and spoke plans:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/airlin ... at-to-know

Quoting Ryanair model:

https://worldairlinenews.com/2021/01/26 ... -airlines/

Now, I do understand that just because he says this doesn’t mean it will happen. I’m just commenting his plans directly.

I also don’t understand where people got from that Avelo simply plans on being a new Allegiant. I understand that he was an OG founder there so there’s a connection. But it’s far too early to call it this way over a few similarities. He’s even mentioned he has plans to tap into more markets than just pure leisure if you see his interviews. And seeing the Burbank base, Ogden, Santa Rosa, Mesa etc., supposing they stick to what they plan, these airports specifically facilitate a Ryanair model set up.

USTraveler

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 am

Anyone know if they're dropping the BUR-AZA (Phoenix/Mesa) route? I'm aware of the other two routes dropped, and now don't see anything to AZA after mid-August.

heavymetal

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:08 am

caribbeanSwag wrote:
heavymetal wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

He’s said it a couple of times in interviews. In fact, he even directly quoted the Ryanair and easyJet model as his long term vision

Quoting Ryanair model:

Now, I do understand that just because he says this doesn’t mean it will happen. I’m just commenting his plans directly.

I also don’t understand where people got from that Avelo simply plans on being a new Allegiant. I understand that he was an OG founder there so there’s a connection. But it’s far too early to call it this way over a few similarities. He’s even mentioned he has plans to tap into more markets than just pure leisure if you see his interviews. And seeing the Burbank base, Ogden, Santa Rosa, Mesa etc., supposing they stick to what they plan, these airports specifically facilitate a Ryanair model set up.

There is nothing in the first article that suggests Avelo is considering a hub and spoke model. Quite the opposite actually - Levy mentions on two occasions that Avelo will focus on point-to-point, connection-free service, while the major airlines will revert back to the traditional hub-and-spoke model post-COVID.

caribbeanSwag

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:06 am

heavymetal wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:
heavymetal wrote:

Quoting Ryanair model:

There is nothing in the first article that suggests Avelo is considering a hub and spoke model. Quite the opposite actually - Levy mentions on two occasions that Avelo will focus on point-to-point, connection-free service, while the major airlines will revert back to the traditional hub-and-spoke model post-COVID.

You must have not read the full article. While they did mention that, later in the article it says that this is their plan starting out and Levy envisions switching to a hub and spoke model later on.

Again, I’m not saying it will happen but that is what he has mentioned as his long-term vision multiple times including in both of these articles

heavymetal

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:38 am

caribbeanSwag wrote:
heavymetal wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

Quoting Ryanair model:

You must have not read the full article. While they did mention that, later in the article it says that this is their plan starting out and Levy envisions switching to a hub and spoke model later on.

Again, I’m not saying it will happen but that is what he has mentioned as his long-term vision multiple times including in both of these articles

Lol. I read the whole article, it doesn’t mention anything about Avelo switching to hub and spoke. Only references the legacies going back to hub and spoke after the pandemic.

BangersAndMash

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:06 am

caribbeanSwag wrote:

Quoting Ryanair model:

Except Ryanair and Easyjet are p2p airlines. I have no idea where that connecting hub fantasy is coming from. They don't routinely sell connections, except for a very small number of itineraries through their largest stations. And those are not by design, they're simply natural connections that exist anyway because of their local operation's sheer size.

F27500

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Interesting how all the Avelo haters are dwelling on how GJT and BZM were discontinued and are already predicting Avelo's demise .. when Breeze is cutting all over the place. Cutting routes (not surprising, since they have some really weak sounding ones), reducing frequencies and parking planes .. why is Breeze so much more highly regarded?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze-ai ... eductions/

FLYKTPA

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:31 pm

F27500 wrote:
Interesting how all the Avelo haters are dwelling on how GJT and BZM were discontinued and are already predicting Avelo's demise .. when Breeze is cutting all over the place. Cutting routes (not surprising, since they have some really weak sounding ones), reducing frequencies and parking planes .. why is Breeze so much more highly regarded?

Supposedly the Breeze cuts are because of FAA certification of new E190s is being held up. But of course the cuts are the weaker routes I imagine. Not sure why people are making a big deal over either airlines cuts. All airlines move capacity around….

BangersAndMash

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:42 pm

Apparently, they're giving away some freebies at HVN. Launch is now scheduled for October, it seems.

https://simpleflying.com/avelo-airlines-free-tickets-connecticut/

Q

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm

F27500 wrote:

BZM. you meant Bozeman BZN not BZM.

Q

nws2002

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:19 pm

32andBelow wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:

I think it’s gonna hurt their maintenance programs since they can’t rotate airplanes without non revenue flights. Allegiant can route planes around its system

G4 doesn't rotate aircraft without non-revenue flights either in most cases. Aircraft depart from a base and return to the same base, on the same day, and with the same crew. They don't trade aircraft out at outstations as a planned operation, for instance flying one aircraft SFB-BIS and another LAS-BIS and then swapping aircraft in BIS. They just ferry them empty as needed and aircraft tend to stay as either east coast or west coast.

alasizon

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:

Very hard for Burbank to turn in to a full connecting hub when Avelo is sharing a common use gate and the airport is capped on gates.

F27500

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Q wrote:
F27500 wrote:

BZM. you meant Bozeman BZN not BZM.

Q

Oops! You're right .. i blew that one! I'm usually pretty good with the 3-letter codes.

USTraveler

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:09 am

"Anyone know if they're dropping the BUR-AZA (Phoenix/Mesa) route? I'm aware of the other two routes dropped, and now don't see anything to AZA after mid-August?(end quote)

Called Avelo about a current reservation of mine and the agent confirmed dropping AZA out of BUR... Have no idea for how long...

jjbiv

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:36 am

nws2002 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:

G4 doesn't rotate aircraft without non-revenue flights either in most cases. Aircraft depart from a base and return to the same base, on the same day, and with the same crew. They don't trade aircraft out at outstations as a planned operation, for instance flying one aircraft SFB-BIS and another LAS-BIS and then swapping aircraft in BIS. They just ferry them empty as needed and aircraft tend to stay as either east coast or west coast.

G4 swaps aircraft in LAS, SFB, and other large base cities all of the time. It's far and away the most efficient way for them to move aircraft around their system -- no ferry flights needed and no crews out of position.

QXorVX

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 pm

nws2002 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:

Allegiant has 20 aircraft/crew bases throughout the country, all of the smaller stations touching a large MX hub (example BLI has flights to LAS and IWA, DSM has flights to LAS and SFB, TYS has flights to SFB and LAS... etc). Easy to filter planes in and out of the large MX hubs by doing a tail swap between flights. Non-revenue flights surely occur now and then just like they do with all airlines, but to so they don't transfer planes without them at all is not correct.

Further to that point, with Avelo having a fleet of 6 planes, I really don't think the ability to keep aircraft in a mx cycle without ferry legs is that critical. With MX provided at both bases there would not be an often enough need to move the planes. It just doesn't happen that much and when it does one flight won't contribute much to their success or failure. I'm sure heavy mx will not occur in BUR anyway so they plane will be on the move as is. As the fleet grows it will become advantageous to have the various hubs connected one way or the other, and I imagine that will be the case. If they ever get there.

lightsaber

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Supposedly the Breeze cuts are because of FAA certification of new E190s is being held up. But of course the cuts are the weaker routes I imagine. Not sure why people are making a big deal over either airlines cuts. All airlines move capacity around….

I would go further, the ULCC model has many route start ups and shut downs until the exact seasonal pattern is established. Even then, frequencies are constantly changed based on yield variations (e.g., popular new 2nd home market).

I think there is a lot of crab potting going on where others do not want low cost competition starting up.

Lightsaber

wnflyguy

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Avelo less than daily flying out of BUR allows them slack to park a plane for a entire day to preform weekly scheduled MX on Low usage days.

Flyguy

sfojvjets

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Looks like all new western adds will be announced tomorrow! Now we know at least one of them - Monterey Airport (MRY) posted and subsequently deleted a post that said that Avelo would be joining their family of airlines! Of course, this is unconfirmed by XP themselves, but I assume that MRY announced the service a day too early for Avelo's liking. I have a screenshot of the deleted post, but not sure how to embed it in here.

Text: "We've got an exciting announcement! Avelo Airlines will be joining our team of airlines, and they are bringing nonstop Burbank service to the MRY terminal! The twice weekly service will be on a 737-800 aircraft and begins on September 30th."

I'm glad Avelo will be flying to MRY. I'm not afraid to say I've called this service many times in the past, and that Avelo would be downright stupid to ignore MRY. I'll say it again: MRY is the poster child for an Avelo destination. Honestly, the only thing I'm surprised about is why didn't they start flying there as a launch destination?... JSX flies BUR-MRY, but I am not sure what the frequency is. Their target market is completely different than Avelo's though, so I really hope this will be a winner. Thanksgiving should be a good sell, I think.

Jshank83

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
Looks like all new western adds will be announced tomorrow! Now we know at least one of them - Monterey Airport (MRY) posted and subsequently deleted a post that said that Avelo would be joining their family of airlines! Of course, this is unconfirmed by XP themselves, but I assume that MRY announced the service a day too early for Avelo's liking. I have a screenshot of the deleted post, but not sure how to embed it in here.

Text: "We've got an exciting announcement! Avelo Airlines will be joining our team of airlines, and they are bringing nonstop Burbank service to the MRY terminal! The twice weekly service will be on a 737-800 aircraft and begins on September 30th."

I'm glad Avelo will be flying to MRY. I'm not afraid to say I've called this service many times in the past, and that Avelo would be downright stupid to ignore MRY. I'll say it again: MRY is the poster child for an Avelo destination. Honestly, the only thing I'm surprised about is why didn't they start flying there as a launch destination?... JSX flies BUR-MRY, but I am not sure what the frequency is. Their target market is completely different than Avelo's though, so I really hope this will be a winner. Thanksgiving should be a good sell, I think.

Fort Collins, Colorado (FNL)
Monterey, California (MRY)
Provo, Utah (PVU)
St. George, Utah (SGU)

https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/142 ... 90376?s=20

PITFlyer330

Avelo adding FNL, SGU, PVU, MRY

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Four new avelo cities https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/142 ... 90376?s=20

FNL? Didnt see that coming

others are more expected good luck to avelo. going after allegiant at pvu
Last edited by PITFlyer330 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexasAirCorp

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:00 pm

sfojvjets wrote:

Agreed. MRY is screaming out for more low-fare service. I think XP will do incredibly well out of MRY, as well as out of SGU.

PVU will be interesting seeing as G4's PVU-LAX service is very popular.

BangersAndMash

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Again, they're pretty much going for routes nobody is flying. Good on them!

32andBelow

Re: Avelo adding FNL, SGU, PVU, MRY

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Does FNL have TSA?

BWIAirport

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:20 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Does FNL have TSA?

They had air service up until a few years ago with Allegiant, I'm sure it's easily reinstated if they've since taken it away

flyoregon

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:22 pm

PVU seems like a risky one with Allegiant being pretty strong there. F9 tried it a few years ago and it didn't work out too well. Yes, times are different, but F9 has a huge connecting network out of Denver, something Avelo doesn't have, and it still didn't succeed.

SGU is a growing market, but I wonder what the demand to BUR is from there when UA, DL, or AA don't even have LAX.

flyoregon

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:24 pm

I have to wonder if SLE is on the radar for XP at all. And I don't want to hear it's too close to PDX. OGD is closer to SLC than SLE is to PDX.

32andBelow

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:28 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Does FNL have TSA?

They had air service up until a few years ago with Allegiant, I'm sure it's easily reinstated if they've since taken it away

I remember it being anything but easy when KS went into LMT.

PITFlyer330

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm

aw man avelo removed them. Cant book anymore

stl07

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:45 pm

SGU during the winter? Interesting

AndoAv8R

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:49 pm

I'm a local to FNL (I can see the airport from my house) I'm really excited for this. We have been getting the occasional charter flights in (swift air using a 737-300 was in last week in fact) as well as Colorado State University using a key lime 328jet frequently. They do have the full setup for TSA although hasn't been staffed since we lost the last regular service (can't remember the name of it flew to the Chicago area). Also has gotten a lot busier since the local community college moved flight training operations from greeley-weld municipal.

DaCubbyBearBar

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:14 pm

PITFlyer330 wrote:
aw man avelo removed them. Cant book anymore

Did someone let the info out a little too soon?? Ooopps, my bad.. LOL. At least we know they have plans for more.

flyoregon

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:15 pm

stl07 wrote:

Makes more sense than PVU in the winter. SGU is at least warmer

stl07

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:16 pm

flyoregon wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Makes more sense than PVU in the winter. SGU is at least warmer

That's because PVU actually has a reason to be there in the winter. Utah powder. Granted, if I am driving all the way to Burbank instead of LAX, I may as well just drive to Mt baldy or Big Bear/Mammoth in CA itself.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos