Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jmc1975

Re: Avelo Airlines News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 pm

I expected FNL for awhile. With these types of adds, what will be next from BUR?
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

RWA380

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:36 pm

jmc1975 wrote:
I expected FNL for awhile. With these types of adds, what will be next from BUR?
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

TUS, BOI & GEG all come to mind.

Coronado990

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:41 pm

jmc1975 wrote:
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

SAF, DRO, COS, EKO

F27500

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:46 pm

I've heard Avelo has already hired a station manager in New Haven. I've not seen any other publicized job fairs or hiring events for ground or inflight crew (or pilots either, for that matter) in the area.

Has anyone heard anything about the hiring/staffing plans here? Or maybe they are gonna be starting up with TDY people from out west ?
Last edited by F27500 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDGLongBeach

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Coronado990 wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

SAF, DRO, COS, EKO

There's no way that EKO could support 737 service, theres just not enough people going in/out... they're not even filling up CRJ2s there.

BangersAndMash

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 pm

RWA380 wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

A bit too large, I would think. They've been careful to try and stay away from overt competition. These are all served from other LA area airports, and I would think AS would be very unhappy with BOI and GEG. And Avelo don't want to pick a fight with AS. Not a good idea.

LASVegan

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 pm

FNL makes me happy. They’ve been screaming for service since G4 packed up. Hope this sticks. In a dream world FNL becomes a base at some point. I do think northern Colorado has the population and affluence to support it.

RWA380

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:19 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
TVL?
FLG?
PRC?
IFP?

A bit too large, I would think. They've been careful to try and stay away from overt competition. These are all served from other LA area airports, and I would think AS would be very unhappy with BOI and GEG. And Avelo don't want to pick a fight with AS. Not a good idea.

RDM has many cities n/s, XP flies to BUR, AS & UA fly RDM-LAX. EUG-LAX operates & EUG to BUR is on XP, MFR has LAX n/s & XP flies to BUR. BOI upstart housing prices have jumped 25 % post pandemic & some argue, BOI is underserved & it has a big catchment area. GEG is not too large either, IMHO for XP to launch service. I will agree they would be on the large side of their model, but secondary regional hot spots. I think BZN was a bit too small & very seasonal (Summer/Winter). Isn't BIL a bigger city that they could connect to BUR?

MIflyer12

Re: Avelo adding FNL, SGU, PVU, MRY

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 pm

flyoregon wrote:
stl07 wrote:
SGU during the winter? Interesting

Makes more sense than PVU in the winter. SGU is at least warmer

Warmer, not warm.

Avg January high 50F. Avg Jan low 26F

Those are 69F and 46F in Palm Springs.

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weat ... of-America

SGU is on its way as a retirement destination, not just the seasonal gateway to Zion NP. (Zion visits: 99K in 1/2019, 630K in 7/2019, per the NPS.) But from Burbank, I don't know.

amcnd

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:48 pm

stl07 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
stl07 wrote:
SGU during the winter? Interesting

That's because PVU actually has a reason to be there in the winter. Utah powder. Granted, if I am driving all the way to Burbank instead of LAX, I may as well just drive to Mt baldy or Big Bear/Mammoth in CA itself.

Provo is only 30 mins to Deer Valley or Sundance. Or the new Mayflower Meadow thats going in.. plus all the Provo-Disneyland traffic…. They will do well there.. How long before SkyWest starts SGU-LAX again..???
Last edited by amcnd on Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amcnd

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:50 pm

amcnd wrote:
stl07 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

That's because PVU actually has a reason to be there in the winter. Utah powder. Granted, if I am driving all the way to Burbank instead of LAX, I may as well just drive to Mt baldy or Big Bear/Mammoth in CA itself.

Provo is only 30 mins to Deer Valley or Sundance. Or the new Mayflower Meadow thats going in..Not even in the same ballpark for snow as Socal resorts… plus all the Provo-Disneyland traffic…. They will do well there.. How long before SkyWest starts SGU-LAX again..??? Heck the Sundance Film festival in Jan is enough to fill 737’s to PVU all day long for a week straight!!!

Aaron747

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 am

MRY is a surprising add considering all the connection traffic from LAX and the Big Stripe already serving from BUR. Would think they’d rather go after a leisure market like wine country in PRB or summer getaway at TVL.

wedgetail737

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:27 am

Aaron747 wrote:
MRY is a surprising add considering all the connection traffic from LAX and the Big Stripe already serving from BUR. Would think they’d rather go after a leisure market like wine country in PRB or summer getaway at TVL.

TVL won't happen anytime soon because that airport is closed to commercial service.

I would like to see how Avelo does at MRY, especially during the Fall, Winter and Spring, i.e. fog.

Aaron747

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

TVL won't happen anytime soon because that airport is closed to commercial service.

I would like to see how Avelo does at MRY, especially during the Fall, Winter and Spring, i.e. fog.

I see, thanks. Also just learned the former TVL terminal is now the South Lake Tahoe city hall :lol:

wedgetail737

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:46 am

Aaron747 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I see, thanks. Also just learned the former TVL terminal is now the South Lake Tahoe city hall :lol:

Yes...but never say never.

PITFlyer330

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:09 pm

AVLAirlineFreq

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:10 pm

What about COS? Only sees United Express to LAX.

nine4nine

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:51 pm

What is the status of the 73G’s for New Haven? I noticed on Instagram yesterday a spotter at BUR getting shots of the 73G landing there. Are they being mixed in with the 738 base until the east coast ops get up and running?

MavyWavyATR

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 am

nine4nine wrote:
What is the status of the 73G’s for New Haven? I noticed on Instagram yesterday a spotter at BUR getting shots of the 73G landing there. Are they being mixed in with the 738 base until the east coast ops get up and running?

N702XT has already been ferried over to Burbank (not sure if they accepted delivery yet). The other two; N703XT & N905WN, are still due for them.

wnflyguy

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:17 am

MavyWavyATR wrote:
nine4nine wrote:

N702XT has already been ferried over to Burbank (not sure if they accepted delivery yet). The other two; N703XT & N905WN, are still due for them.

I believe the East coast flight crews will be doing live real world training in BUR until HVN opens up.

Flyguy

F27500

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:02 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:
nine4nine wrote:

I believe the East coast flight crews will be doing live real world training in BUR until HVN opens up.

Flyguy

Have they hired cockpit and cabin crews for HVN ? I live in New Haven and i have seen nothing here as far as job fairs or a hiring event for Avelo yet.

KlimaBXsst

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:20 pm

How are Avelo’s on time performance, and flight completion records doing thus far.

Seems to be very little detail of how they are managing or if there have been many hiccups during their start up. Probably due to them being so new and garnering honey-moon status at this time among the public observers.

airlineworker

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:57 pm

F27500 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:

Flyguy

Have they hired cockpit and cabin crews for HVN ? I live in New Haven and i have seen nothing here as far as job fairs or a hiring event for Avelo yet.

I used to live in New Haven, the Westville section and always visited Tweed during the EA and UA years. Avelo needs to get the word out on planned destinations to build up interest. July came and went and no news on new cities. Florida has been talked about a lot, but will it be secondary airports like Allegiant or TPA, MIA, MCO, etc.

wnflyguy

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:09 pm

airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

I used to live in New Haven, the Westville section and always visited Tweed during the EA and UA years. Avelo needs to get the word out on planned destinations to build up interest. July came and went and no news on new cities. Florida has been talked about a lot, but will it be secondary airports like Allegiant or TPA, MIA, MCO, etc.

Since there is no Direct Nonstop competition at HVN unlike the situation at BUR it would make more sense to go directly into the Main FL airports like you mention.

Flyguy

airlineworker

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Since there is no Direct Nonstop competition at HVN unlike the situation at BUR it would make more sense to go directly into the Main FL airports like you mention.

Flyguy

Being a startup, I would think they would want lower cost smaller airports with less air traffic that could cause delays. Whatever they decide, these flights should go over big as Florida is a high demand destination.

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:02 am

wnflyguy wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Flyguy

I was thinking the exact opposite--that without direct nonstop competition, Avelo would fly to the secondary airports.

nkops

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:39 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I was thinking the exact opposite--that without direct nonstop competition, Avelo would fly to the secondary airports.

I agree.. I see them doing airports like SFB, PIE, PGD and FLL. It helps also keeps their costs down.

lat41

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 pm

With potentially only FL destinations to be the meat of HVN service, hopefully
Florida will get its Coronavirus act together before the wheels come off the tourist wagon.

airlineworker

Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:35 am

Avelo will announce cities to be served from HVN. https://www.facebook.com/TheNewHVN/vide ... 8792164640

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:22 am

Jshank83 wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
Looks like all new western adds will be announced tomorrow! Now we know at least one of them - Monterey Airport (MRY) posted and subsequently deleted a post that said that Avelo would be joining their family of airlines! Of course, this is unconfirmed by XP themselves, but I assume that MRY announced the service a day too early for Avelo's liking. I have a screenshot of the deleted post, but not sure how to embed it in here.

Text: "We've got an exciting announcement! Avelo Airlines will be joining our team of airlines, and they are bringing nonstop Burbank service to the MRY terminal! The twice weekly service will be on a 737-800 aircraft and begins on September 30th."

I'm glad Avelo will be flying to MRY. I'm not afraid to say I've called this service many times in the past, and that Avelo would be downright stupid to ignore MRY. I'll say it again: MRY is the poster child for an Avelo destination. Honestly, the only thing I'm surprised about is why didn't they start flying there as a launch destination?... JSX flies BUR-MRY, but I am not sure what the frequency is. Their target market is completely different than Avelo's though, so I really hope this will be a winner. Thanksgiving should be a good sell, I think.

Fort Collins, Colorado (FNL)
Monterey, California (MRY)
Provo, Utah (PVU)
St. George, Utah (SGU)

https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/142 ... 90376?s=20

All 4 of these are very good adds. Provo is the right choice, for sure. St. George might be a little weak, but it has always been the pass rider’s back door in and out of Vegas.

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:26 am

DalDC9Bos wrote:
‘If’ they were to launch Houston flights, I’d guess they would choose HOU over IAH. What do y’all think? Their corporate headquarters are located within the loop and their operating model seems more of a fit at Hobby.

Does Hobby have any gate space right now? I don't see Southwest sharing. If not, does it have any hard stands or space for hard stands available for boarding/deplaning? I could see Avelo willing to do that.

If they follow the Ryan model, why not Galveston or Sugarland?

Italianflyer

Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:44 am

Now GLS would be pretty interesting. Certainly have the runway capability.... Only wild card is if TSA is going to set up facilities there for less than daily service. The cruise ship fans & lines would love it....beats the 45-60 min bus from HOU.

F27500

Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:20 pm

airlineworker wrote:
Avelo will announce cities to be served from HVN. https://www.facebook.com/TheNewHVN/vide ... 8792164640

Another "2 or 3 weeks", huh?

nkops

Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:44 pm

They still shooting for October to ramp up operations in HVN?

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:05 pm

Serious question: Can the vending machines at SGU handle the load from a 737-800 load of ULCC passengers?

wedgetail737

Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:06 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Serious question: Can the vending machines at SGU handle the load from a 737-800 load of ULCC passengers?

Can the SGU terminal handle the number of people for ULCC 737-800?

F27500

Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:17 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:

HVN is same! Even with the terminal modification plans that were made public .. showing the new modular check in, gate and office buildings (trailers) to be added .. . there will STILL be nowhere to even buy coffee or a sandwich in that terminal. I heard the plan was maybe to add a vending machine or two in the gate area. Pretty sad considering all the people that will be pumping thru that terminal on these alleged Avelo 737s we heard might be setting up a home here.

airlineworker

Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:21 am

F27500 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

HVN is same! Even with the terminal modification plans that were made public .. showing the new modular check in, gate and office buildings (trailers) to be added .. . there will STILL be nowhere to even buy coffee or a sandwich in that terminal. I heard the plan was maybe to add a vending machine or two in the gate area. Pretty sad considering all the people that will be pumping thru that terminal on these alleged Avelo 737s we heard might be setting up a home here.

Being close to the city and East Haven, many pizza places and other eateries are only 5-10 minutes away. If the Avelo service catches on and I feel it will, word could spread that good food is nearby and maybe some menus and prices posted in the terminal can help passengers to stop before coming to the terminal for a to-go order on their next flight. This new service will be a first for HVN, a LCC for New Haven and if all goes well, that terminal will be hopping all day. I feel most if not all flights will be 3-4 times a week and can be adjusted later as needed. I worked at ROA when G4 came to town and the service caught on quickly first with 2 weekly flights to SFB and 1 to PIE. In time more were added and they have been at ROA for about 14 years. HVN's catchment is larger than ROA's so Avelo should do well. Now if HVN can find a legacy carrier to take AA's place as the jet bridge will be idle and the upper gate area does well as a holding area for about 75 passengers, perfect for E-175's, CRJ-700's and CRJ-550's.

32andBelow

Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:49 am

F27500 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

This is pretty common at smaller commercial airports around the country. You can also usually show up to airports like this before close to departure

tichydev

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:20 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
For HVN I’m thinking:

Orlando (MCO or SFB): daily
Tampa (TPA or PIE): daily
FLL: 4x weekly
PBI: 4x weekly
RSW: 4x weekly

Wildcard: MIA 3x weekly. In the Spring I could also see places like ATL and MYR come on

Agreed on Daily Orlando and Tampa. I don’t however they’ll do both FLL and PBI. Those markets are so close together that most people who frequently fly those markets (including myself) see them as interchangeable. PBI seems to be the preference locally with the comments in the sweepstakes post.

I could also see them try seasonal markets like MYR, JAX, SAV, VPS or ECP and some business markets like BWI, MDW or ATL as well.

F27500

Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:19 pm

tichydev wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
For HVN I’m thinking:

Wildcard: MIA 3x weekly. In the Spring I could also see places like ATL and MYR come on

Agreed on Daily Orlando and Tampa. I don’t however they’ll do both FLL and PBI. Those markets are so close together that most people who frequently fly those markets (including myself) see them as interchangeable. PBI seems to be the preference locally with the comments in the sweepstakes post.

I could also see them try seasonal markets like MYR, JAX, SAV, VPS or ECP and some business markets like BWI, MDW or ATL as well.

I kinda picture (or hope, anyway) that the Avelo HVN operation is a bit like the Frontier operation in Trenton. Dailies to MCO, TPA and either FLL/PBI .. less than daily to RSW and maybe MDW, ATL, HOU/IAH .. seasonal to MYR and i wonder if they'd be able to pull of a HVN-LAS (likely an evening departure and red-eye turn) with the 73G off HVN's runway. Vegas is very popular as a destination around here .. not sure how feasible it would be operationally.

airlineworker

Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:54 pm

F27500 wrote:
tichydev wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
For HVN I’m thinking:

I kinda picture (or hope, anyway) that the Avelo HVN operation is a bit like the Frontier operation in Trenton. Dailies to MCO, TPA and either FLL/PBI .. less than daily to RSW and maybe MDW, ATL, HOU/IAH .. seasonal to MYR and i wonder if they'd be able to pull of a HVN-LAS (likely an evening departure and red-eye turn) with the 73G off HVN's runway. Vegas is very popular as a destination around here .. not sure how feasible it would be operationally.

I don't see LAS from HVN anytime soon, maybe at a future time when the runway is 6635 feet. I feel this will be an east cost operation mostly and Florida flights being the main focus.

F27500

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:09 pm

airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:
tichydev wrote:

I don't see LAS from HVN anytime soon, maybe at a future time when the runway is 6635 feet. I feel this will be an east cost operation mostly and Florida flights being the main focus.

I'd be very happy with the focus being on Florida .. as long as its "real" places they serve and not silly places like Lakeland, Punta Gorda, St. Augustine or Ft. Walton Beach .. gotta be the big draw Florida cities if its gonna work outta HVN.

airlineworker

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 pm

F27500 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:

I'd be very happy with the focus being on Florida .. as long as its "real" places they serve and not silly places like Lakeland, Punta Gorda, St. Augustine or Ft. Walton Beach .. gotta be the big draw Florida cities if its gonna work outta HVN.

I see this new service cutting back the car traffic on I-91 north to BDL. The largest number new flights from BDL are on LCC's and with a LCC at HVN, a lot of flyers will opt for a closer airport but still, HVN needs a legacy carrier or two to service the flyers who need to fly to the other 90% of destinations that Avelo will not service.

F27500

Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:09 pm

airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I see this new service cutting back the car traffic on I-91 north to BDL. The largest number new flights from BDL are on LCC's and with a LCC at HVN, a lot of flyers will opt for a closer airport but still, HVN needs a legacy carrier or two to service the flyers who need to fly to the other 90% of destinations that Avelo will not service.

Tho .. look how successful TTN and ACY are with just Frontier and Spirit (gag) respectively. No legacy carriers serve either of those 2 cities. I think the most HVN can hope for is to be like TTN or ACY. At most. The current legacies have all tried -and failed- in HVN. I do see your point, but at this point, i say let HVN be Avelo territory. If any others come, then so be it.

airlineworker

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:14 am

F27500 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:

Tho .. look how successful TTN and ACY are with just Frontier and Spirit (gag) respectively. No legacy carriers serve either of those 2 cities. I think the most HVN can hope for is to be like TTN or ACY. At most. The current legacies have all tried -and failed- in HVN. I do see your point, but at this point, i say let HVN be Avelo territory. If any others come, then so be it.

The reason some majors failed in the past was the limited runway. UA stayed for almost 5 years but the number of weight restricted flights was too much for UA to bare. Ditto for DL and CVG service. The CRJ-100's were also taking a hit on weight restricted flights not to mention DL was dropping CVG as a hub. Since then 1000 foot overruns were installed on both ends of 2-20 and numerous trees were cut and soon the 352 foot displaced threshold will be moved back on runway 20. Also in the past SW and NW surveyed HVN but the runway ended those plans. HVN could support several flights to ORD and ATL even with the present terminal since Avelo will not be using the jet bridge.

F27500

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:55 am

airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

The reason some majors failed in the past was the limited runway. UA stayed for almost 5 years but the number of weight restricted flights was too much for UA to bare. Ditto for DL and CVG service. The CRJ-100's were also taking a hit on weight restricted flights not to mention DL was dropping CVG as a hub. Since then 1000 foot overruns were installed on both ends of 2-20 and numerous trees were cut and soon the 352 foot displaced threshold will be moved back on runway 20. Also in the past SW and NW surveyed HVN but the runway ended those plans. HVN could support several flights to ORD and ATL even with the present terminal since Avelo will not be using the jet bridge.

I see your point .. and yes that does makes sense. When i worked at HVN in the 90s, i used to see the UA staff get clobbered by weight restrictions on those 737-300/500s. Chieppo Bus did alotta business with UA back then when they'd have to send bunches of bumped reaccomodated pax up to BDL or LGA !

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to see HVN grow and have other carriers there. Im all for it. In addition to the alleged Avelo routes to Florida, i think ORD (UA Express EMB175) and ATL and maybe DTW (DL Connection EMB175) should be top priorities for a legacy .. if we're lucky to entice one to try HVN again. DCA not so much. We flew alotta empty Dash 8s on HVN-DCA during the years i worked for US there. I don't believe its as big a market as everyone wants to think it is. Maybe IAD with UA for connections, but DCA nah..

airlineworker

Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:50 am

F27500 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
F27500 wrote:

I see your point .. and yes that does makes sense. When i worked at HVN in the 90s, i used to see the UA staff get clobbered by weight restrictions on those 737-300/500s. Chieppo Bus did alotta business with UA back then when they'd have to send bunches of bumped reaccomodated pax up to BDL or LGA !

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to see HVN grow and have other carriers there. Im all for it. In addition to the alleged Avelo routes to Florida, i think ORD (UA Express EMB175) and ATL and maybe DTW (DL Connection EMB175) should be top priorities for a legacy .. if we're lucky to entice one to try HVN again. DCA not so much. We flew alotta empty Dash 8s on HVN-DCA during the years i worked for US there. I don't believe its as big a market as everyone wants to think it is. Maybe IAD with UA for connections, but DCA nah..

Back then I agree DCA was not a big draw but since the slot swap, US taking DL's DCA slots and DL taking US's LGA slots has made AA's presence at DCA is much larger. Maybe one DCA flight could work. UA with CRJ-550's to ORD and DL with E-175's or CRJ-700's should do very well. Again, I am only talking about 2-3 daily flights to each hub. I remember taking UA ORD-HVN 737 flights and announcements were made asking for passengers willing to give up their seats due to the flight being oversold.
With the runway improvements over the years and the advent of next-gen RJ's that can work off the present runway, routes that were not workable years back are now possible.We will have to wait and see.

PITFlyer330

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Avelos 737-700 is already flying from BUR https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/142 ... 08517?s=20

BUR to AZA MFR and GJT today

they did BUR ONT JAX HPN BUR yesterday

USTraveler

Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Avelo is also doing a lot of charters this past week McAllen-Long Beach (MFE-LGB)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos