jumbojet

Re: Delta and Virgin to launch LGW-JFK and BOS from 2020

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Has it been mentioned yet in this thread that DL really has no intentions on starting BOS/JFK -LGW N/S service and that they are just sort of messing around with Blue?

klm617

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:05 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Has it been mentioned yet in this thread that DL really has no intentions on starting BOS/JFK -LGW N/S service and that they are just sort of messing around with Blue?

Honest Ed would never stoop so low to those kinds of tactics I believe him when he says Delta it starting LGW-BOS/JFK
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

AlexBrewster03

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:50 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Is a 4-class 764, the refurbished ones from Delta,really suitable for the LGW-market ?Or should it have another configuration,like a 2-or-3 class,suited to the demands of Gatters?I also dont get Delta's distinction between Premium Economy and Economy plus..Are they really that different or is it just a gimmick to milk pax for their money?

Premium Economy and Economy Plus are vastly different on DL. Y+ is essentially Y with a bit more legroom and recline, while Premium Select offer wider seats, more recline, better meals and service.

tjerome

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Remember it is not confirmed which airline will be operating the mentioned new routes, that's still TBD. My speculation is that we'll see DL 75S on BOS-LGW and VS 789 JFK-LGW.

jbs2886

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 pm

tjerome wrote:
Remember it is not confirmed which airline will be operating the mentioned new routes, that's still TBD. My speculation is that we'll see DL 75S on BOS-LGW and VS 789 JFK-LGW.

VS doesn't have 789s at LGW tho IIRC. Instead, its A330s. On the one hand, I can easily see DL 757/763s operating (lower costs and lower seat counts), but also can see VS handling all LGW flying.

pitbosflyer

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Is a 4-class 764, the refurbished ones from Delta,really suitable for the LGW-market ?Or should it have another configuration,like a 2-or-3 class,suited to the demands of Gatters?I also dont get Delta's distinction between Premium Economy and Economy plus..Are they really that different or is it just a gimmick to milk pax for their money?

They have yet to specify who or what aircraft type will fly the new LGW routes.

The new 4 class 764 will be coming to BOS/JFK- LHR ONLY as of now. Not to say that rules out them coming to LGW as well. They just have yet to specify the plane that will fly the LGW routes.

LAX772LR

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:29 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Is a 4-class 764

No such thing. It's three separate classes of service: J, W, Y. Y and Y+ are the same class of service, just different legroom.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

dtremit

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 pm

tjerome wrote:

Does DL have any refurbs planned for the 75S? The current hard product is probably Delta's worst, and would look pretty bad up against brand new Mint offerings from B6.

Of course, if all DL cares about is operating at a loss to undercut B6's margins, the 75S will do that just fine.

Dieuwer

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:20 pm

dtremit wrote:
Of course, if all DL cares about is operating at a loss to undercut B6's margins, the 75S will do that just fine.

Are we not becoming a bit too emotional?
Maybe DL just did a cold-hard business review of BOS-LGW and perhaps noticed DY doing relatively well. Subsequently, the DL beancounters decided that they too would like to have a slice of that juicy pie and announced their intentions to fly this particular route?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos