YYZORD
Topic Author

Possibility of SQ adding SIN-YVR

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:09 am

I read two articles with mention that SQ could start SIN-YVR sometime, I just am not sure when they can add back the route as it'll be the 10 year anniversary of SQ cancelling SIN-YVR through ICN. Also will the success of SIN-SEA be a factor to if SQ will add SIN-YVR? Also one of the articles mention that SQ could also add SIN-YYZ but idk if the A350-900 can reach YYZ in one go from SIN cause they use the ULR for EWR. Interesting to note that SIN is the only destination that SEA serves that YVR doesn't serve as I feel both airports compete for asian flights.

https://www.anna.aero/2018/07/04/singap ... -searches/

https://www.anna.aero/2019/03/06/100-ro ... p-service/

UAUA

Re: Possibility of SQ adding SIN-YVR

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:08 am

They did Toronto many years ago. Why did they cut it? From what I heard they did well
My former profile name was United Airline.

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:43 pm

YYZORD wrote:
but idk if the A350-900 can reach YYZ in one go from SIN cause they use the ULR for EWR.

Would probably need the -ULR, as such a flight would only be 100nm shorter than EWR, and well above the likes of SFO, where SQ has used the standard version.

This isn't much of a problem, if SQ wanted to make it happen, seeing as they have plenty of options:
  • Simply order more -ULRs.
  • Convert outstanding standard A359 orders to -ULRs.
  • Reconfigure some standard A359s to the hi-premium configuration, use those to operate LAX and the non-standard SFO frequencies; then take the -ULRs currently operating those runs to open longer routes such as YYZ
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

x1234

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Someone mentioned here the reason SQ started SEA over YVR is the corporate J demand that exists in SEA from the likes of Boeing, Microsoft & Starbucks that doesn't exit in YVR which makes a flight profitable. YVR is more VFR versus corporate in SEA.

leftcoast8

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:17 am

YVR already has cheap connections to Singapore through China (CA, CZ, Sichuan, Xiamen) and that's not even mentioning NH, KE, BR, CI. Competition from trans-Asia LCCs (Nokscoot, Jetstar Asia, AirAsia, etc.) have really brought down prices, to the benefit of the consumer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos