Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

a350lover
Topic Author

NSE (Norwegian Air Sweden) getting soon its first 789

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Norwegian may be working on getting its first long-haul frame for its Swedish unit NSE, and this could be ready for the end of this month.

This plane would be transferred from NUK. Any ideas on which routes could it be used for? All plans seemed to use this AOC for eventually solve the Siberian rights.

Since the whole bunch of routes operated out of ARN through DY Norwegian Air Shuttle are to USA/Thailand, the fact this plane would go under the Swedish registration makes me think they will use it for some new market totally different from the current route portfolio.

jfk777

Re: NSE (Norwegian Air Sweden) getting soon its first 789

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm

If Norwegian were to over fly Siberia does anyone really think they will try China, Hong Kong, or Japan ? After the results of LGW to Singapore, not flying anymore, Asia is too far for Norwegian to be viable as an LCC.

bluefltspecial

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:57 pm

jfk777 wrote:
If Norwegian were to over fly Siberia does anyone really think they will try China, Hong Kong, or Japan ? After the results of LGW to Singapore, not flying anymore, Asia is too far for Norwegian to be viable as an LCC.

considering LGW-EZE is slightly longer by say 150 miles, than LGW-SIN, I don't think the length of the journey is going to affect it as much as CASM based on RASM which is how airlines generally decide what is profitable.
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

jfk777

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 pm

bluefltspecial wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

considering LGW-EZE is slightly longer by say 150 miles, than LGW-SIN, I don't think the length of the journey is going to affect it as much as CASM based on RASM which is how airlines generally decide what is profitable.

Which ME3 airlines compete from London to Asia and which do from Europe to Argentina ? The competition to Latin America is obviously much less then to Asia. It's not always about how far a place is, 150 miles is nothing on a 6,000 mile flight.

CarbonFibre

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 pm

What's the call sign?

OA940

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:59 pm

jfk777 wrote:
bluefltspecial wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

Which ME3 airlines compete from London to Asia and which do from Europe to Argentina ? The competition to Latin America is obviously much less then to Asia. It's not always about how far a place is, 150 miles is nothing on a 6,000 mile flight.

That's what he was saying. That the length of the route doesn't matter as long as it can be flown without major restrictions, while competition can screw you over. Also LGW-SIN wasn't cancelled because of the ME3 alone. I'd say competition from BA and SQ played at least as much of a role. It's a shame too. That route had some great fares
A350/CSeries = bae

B747forever

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:19 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:
What's the call sign?

According to wikipedia it is Nordic.
Work Hard, Fly Right

mooseofspruce

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Transfer complete as of a few days ago on the 10th, with G-CKNZ (Freddie Laker tailfin) from NUK indeed chosen to be transferred (presumably, it was the last 35-Premium seat frame based at LGW anyway, with the rest having 56). The frame's new registration is SE-RXZ.

With no trans-Siberian flights to Asia yet announced, much less any new long haul from ARN, in the short term it's safer to say it'll be cycled with the other Norway-registered 789s through the bases that aren't LGW, adding enough capacity for the new stuff already announced for this summer including BCN-ORD, MAD-BOS, JFK-ATH, and the frequency increases to BCN-LAX and BCN-EWR. The new-delivery Grazia Deledda 789 should be due any day now to pick up the slack.
I saw a flock of Moosen! Many much moosen! Out in the woods, in the wood-es, in the woodsen!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos