WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Frontier to XNA...Finally

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:53 pm

About time, I Think they'll soon ask why not sooner and expand markets.
The following is of routes and frequency to Denver: Depart XNA: 5:47 p.m. Arrive DEN: 6:50 p.m. Depart DEN: 1:58 p.m. Arrive XNA: 4:57 p.m.

The flights will happen every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/xna-of ... 1908515941

( Sent from KNWA News )

Dominion301

Re: Frontier to XNA...Finally

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:19 pm

About time XNA sees some ULCC love in the Walmart capital of the world.

jb1087xna

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Nice!
When I was reviewing the OAG thread yesterday and browsing Frontier’s schedule extension, I had an odd feeling that something would be coming. Don’t know why, but looks to have been right!
Assuming they’ll use A1? Or will they use stair/ramp boarding like G4 does on the B side?

YVAMWB1900

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 pm

First Tyler, TX and now XNA... They really are avoiding Shreveport, aren't they?

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:43 pm

YVAMWB1900 wrote:
First Tyler, TX and now XNA... They really are avoiding Shreveport, aren't they?

Growth in Northwest Arkansas continues unabated, Transplace Logistics just announced a new HQ and doubling of workforce to over 1,000.

Frontier14

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Dominion301 wrote:

I am guessing this will be a seasonal flight to DEN ?

Frontier 14

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 pm

[list=][/list]
Frontier14 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

I am guessing this will be a seasonal flight to DEN ?

Frontier 14

It mat start as a seasonal but I bet it goes year round if Tulsa and LIT are any indication. This type of flight is whats needed to stop the leakage to other airports. Now add MCO.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 pm

More with quotes:

https://talkbusiness.net/2019/04/xna-an ... -airlines/

“We see that this is a very large community and a very economically vibrant community, and the ratio of its service to its economic activity is very off,” Nield said. “There’s way less service than there should be for a city of this size and caliber. So that’s really the reason we decided it’s time to come here. Looking at the high fares that people are willing to pay, they don’t want to, but they’re willing to, means that if we can come in and charge a fare that’s 60% to 70% lower, we know that a lot more people are going to choose to fly. And that is an economic option for them.”

The success of the new Denver flight will determine whether the carrier will add flights from XNA to other cities and whether to increase flight frequencies, Nield said. He declined to say what other flights the carrier was looking at, citing competition. “The critical thing about this is we are very, very confident in the service and that it will work, and all of you are very much showing the support you have for our service already.”

It is not really a city but a two county collection of cities.

It goes into the bleed to other markets and the timings are great for leasure travlers.

rph99

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pm

LAS and MCO should be quick to follow.

jb1087xna

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 pm

rph99 wrote:

They'd be going head to head with G4 on those two routes. F9 may have a leg up though if the fares are competitive and the flights are to MCO versus SFB.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:00 am

jb1087xna wrote:
rph99 wrote:

They'd be going head to head with G4 on those two routes. F9 may have a leg up though if the fares are competitive and the flights are to MCO versus SFB.

If you fly from here, you would know that Allegiant gets some healthy fares compared to other markets on those routes at times. Those would even keep them honest. If Frontier with an 186 seat A320 keeps some decent loads maybe that will be noticed by another airline out of Dallas.

jb1087xna

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:07 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
rph99 wrote:

If you fly from here, you would know that Allegiant gets some healthy fares compared to other markets on those routes at times. Those would even keep them honest. If Frontier with an 186 seat A320 keeps some decent loads maybe that will be noticed by another airline out of Dallas.

DL has me fairly captive so I don't price Allegiant frequently, but that's good to know. And yes, I agree that anything Frontier does would help to keep everyone a bit more honest.

rph99

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:42 am

jb1087xna wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:

DL has me fairly captive so I don't price Allegiant frequently, but that's good to know. And yes, I agree that anything Frontier does would help to keep everyone a bit more honest.

Ahhh....I usually do my research but must have missed this. Didn’t realize Allegiant was in there too. They could probably pull off MCO. Maybe ORD considering HRL-ORD exists in F9s network

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 pm

rph99 wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Ahhh....I usually do my research but must have missed this. Didn’t realize Allegiant was in there too. They could probably pull off MCO. Maybe ORD considering HRL-ORD exists in F9s network

Look at MEM/PHL. It carries on yet MEM/LAS didn't. Mysteries abound.

XNA2ASG

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:12 pm

I'm late to the conversation, but F9 will be using Allegiant's "gate" and their ground handling service, too.

Southwest was in extensive talks about coming to XNA, but they didn't due to fuel policies with the FBO.

FlyingElvii

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
rph99 wrote:

Envoy has a large maint base at XNA, so probably not.

FlyingElvii

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:48 pm

XNA2ASG wrote:
I'm late to the conversation, but F9 will be using Allegiant's "gate" and their ground handling service, too.

Southwest was in extensive talks about coming to XNA, but they didn't due to fuel policies with the FBO.

Let me guess, flow throughs and late callouts. Frankly, with all of the bizjet traffic to XNA, catering to WN was a “meh, take it or leave it” proposition for the FBO.

jplatts

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
XNA2ASG wrote:

Let me guess, flow throughs and late callouts. Frankly, with all of the bizjet traffic to XNA, catering to WN was a “meh, take it or leave it” proposition for the FBO.

One thing that is likely keeping WN out of XNA is that WN has limited room to further expand at DAL. There are also other markets within the contiguous U.S. without daily nonstop service to DAL such as CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS that have more demand from the DFW/DAL market than XNA does. In addition, the demand for domestic air travel is greater at CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS than at XNA, and WN also already serves CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS.

freakyrat

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:45 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
rph99 wrote:

American is doing some XNA-DFW Mainline flights this summer. One of my return flights to DFW this August has been changed from an E175 to an Airbus A319.

jb1087xna

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:51 pm

jplatts wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
XNA2ASG wrote:

One thing that is likely keeping WN out of XNA is that WN has limited room to further expand at DAL. There are also other markets within the contiguous U.S. without daily nonstop service to DAL such as CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS that have more demand from the DFW/DAL market than XNA does. In addition, the demand for domestic air travel is greater at CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS than at XNA, and WN also already serves CVG, CLE, GRR, GSP, BDL, ORF, RIC, and TUS.

Assumed as much about F9 using the dungeon terminal. Better than not having them at all I suppose.

Regarding WN and DAL.....I'm assuming WN could share the "luv" (okay, really really bad "dad joke") and split flights between DAL, STL, and maybe MDW from XNA versus everything to Dallas. I just don't know that we could sustain the capacity increase that generally comes from WN's model.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:47 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
jplatts wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

Assumed as much about F9 using the dungeon terminal. Better than not having them at all I suppose.

Regarding WN and DAL.....I'm assuming WN could share the "luv" (okay, really really bad "dad joke") and split flights between DAL, STL, and maybe MDW from XNA versus everything to Dallas. I just don't know that we could sustain the capacity increase that generally comes from WN's model.

I think XNA is slated for some terminal expansion work soon. WN will eventually fly from there, the amount of ties with the Dallas area is extreme and everyday the area just gets larger. I could see DAL, MDW, Orlando Sat onlys , and then DEN and BNA over STL. We had to board our recent 6 am flight to Chicago on United via the Allegiant cave.

pbodyphoto

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Frontier appears to have a hub in DEN but won’t sell any good connecting flights, they all have 8-16 hour layovers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos