Re: AA Adds New Routes

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:11 am

Aliqiout wrote:
I assume LGA-MTJ is Saturday only?

Is that a ski destination?

alancostello

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 am

Hoping for PHL-SBN soon, CLT and DFW have been performing well but I imagine PHL will do great if it's timed well to connect transatlantic.

TTailedTiger

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:23 am

FSDan wrote:
N292UX wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Good adds for AA - these all make a lot of sense and should perform well.

I think the following domestic routes would also play to AA's strengths and round out their network:
PHX-COS
PHX-XNA
PHX-MSY
PHX-BNA
DFW-CAK
DFW-CRW
DFW-PVD

It would also be nice to see LAX-PIT come back. I was surprised when they cut that one.

I'm surprised AA doesn't already fly PHX-COS/MSY/BNA. The same went with RDU until they recently launched it. You'd think all of those would work. My bet is that BNA will come first.

As someone else pointed out, AA (or US, at least) has flown PHX-COS in the past. I think it would make sense for them to re-connect that spoke since COS has no westbound options on AA as of now.

Agreed regarding MSY, BNA, and (until recently) RDU. Those are all markets with strong AA presence and brand recognition, so I'd be surprised if AA wasn't able to make a daily 319/320 flight work to each of them from PHX.

Yeah I had no idea they didn't operate PHX-MSY,BNA. It's especially odd since they fly PHX-MEM which is a smaller market.

blhp68

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:34 am

jplatts wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
DTW-LAX is a big hole in the AA network.

Has AA even flown DTW-LAX in the last 30 years? UA's DTW-SFO was gone for a long time - and that had the attraction of TPAC destinations not served by NW.

UA had brought back DTW-SFO nonstop service back in June 2017.

I agree that AA adding DTW-LAX nonstop service might happen since DTW is one of the top markets traveled to from Greater Los Angeles that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX. DTW also already has nonstop service to the West Coast on AS, NK, and UA in addition to DL. AA also has more market share at LAX than any other airline, even though LAX is a hub for AA, DL, UA, and AS.

Other top domestic destinations traveled to from Greater Los Angeles that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX include BOI, BUF, CVG, CLE, MCI, MEM, MKE, MSP, GEG, and TPA.

AA used to run LAX-MCI a few years back before pulling out permanently.

grbauc

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:49 am

FSDan wrote:

I think the following domestic routes would also play to AA's strengths and round out their network:
PHX-COS
PHX-XNA
PHX-MSY
PHX-BNA
DFW-CAK
DFW-CRW
DFW-PVD

It would also be nice to see LAX-PIT come back. I was surprised when they cut that one.

Agree LAX-PIT with the legacy USair heritage is surprising. I personally wish PIT would of been kept has a focus city.

MLIAA

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:55 am

I’m getting hoarse begging for CLT-MLI.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

JohnAudiR18

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:12 am

I just want ORD-GFK on a 145 and DFW-GFK on a 175 :/

cm642

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:39 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
FSDan wrote:
N292UX wrote:
I'm surprised AA doesn't already fly PHX-COS/MSY/BNA. The same went with RDU until they recently launched it. You'd think all of those would work. My bet is that BNA will come first.

As someone else pointed out, AA (or US, at least) has flown PHX-COS in the past. I think it would make sense for them to re-connect that spoke since COS has no westbound options on AA as of now.

Agreed regarding MSY, BNA, and (until recently) RDU. Those are all markets with strong AA presence and brand recognition, so I'd be surprised if AA wasn't able to make a daily 319/320 flight work to each of them from PHX.

Yeah I had no idea they didn't operate PHX-MSY,BNA. It's especially odd since they fly PHX-MEM which is a smaller market.

Yeah AA has some pretty big holes in it's PHX network, the two largest and most obvious being BNA and MSY.

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
UA's DTW-SFO was gone for a long time - and that had the attraction of TPAC destinations not served by NW.

Attraction for who?

...even SFO-unique destinations add a significant amount of time/distance for DTW flyers, compared to a 2stop via ORD+NRT.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 am

LAX772LR wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
UA's DTW-SFO was gone for a long time - and that had the attraction of TPAC destinations not served by NW.

Attraction for who?

...even SFO-unique destinations add a significant amount of time/distance for DTW flyers, compared to a 2stop via ORD+NRT.

Maybe in the strictest terms, sure. But a two stopper is always one more opportunity for a delay/missed connection. Especially in a place with taxi times like ORD...
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:23 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

But a two stopper is always one more opportunity for a delay/missed connection.

Yes and no.... because there's also more frequencies to any given target destination.

Say for example to a DTW individual wanting to go to SIN.

They could opt for a single theoretical DTW-SFO on UA, connecting to a single SIN; or they could take any number of DTW-ORD flights, any number of ORD-TYO flights on UA/NH, and any number of TYO-SIN flights on two UA partners. Ergo, sure there's greater chances of a missed connection, but there's also greater chances of another option within the same time frame, to compensate.

WA707atMSP

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:05 am

blhp68 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Has AA even flown DTW-LAX in the last 30 years? UA's DTW-SFO was gone for a long time - and that had the attraction of TPAC destinations not served by NW.

I agree that AA adding DTW-LAX nonstop service might happen since DTW is one of the top markets traveled to from Greater Los Angeles that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX. DTW also already has nonstop service to the West Coast on AS, NK, and UA in addition to DL. AA also has more market share at LAX than any other airline, even though LAX is a hub for AA, DL, UA, and AS.

AA dropped DTW-LAX in 1983, shortly after General Motors closed their Chevrolet Cavalier / Cadillac Cimarron assembly plant in Norwalk / South Gate, California, and about three years after the Ford Thunderbird assembly plant in Pico Rivera, California closed. The closure of these plants sharply reduced the corporate travel between Detroit and Los Angeles, as well as shipments of auto parts via air cargo to keep the assembly lines running.

jb1087xna

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 am

Ishrion wrote:
9/4/19 PHL-XNA (Bentonville, AR)

This seems a little overkill unless they back off of something else a bit. AA has been adding capacity at XNA like nobody's business for the last 2-3 years. Airport traffic is definitely up, but it's not all going to AA.....DL and UA (even G4) are sharing in that rise, and their capacity is generally a lot more stable.
Next up: XNA-ATL-IAH-MSP-XNA

acentauri

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:17 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
9/4/19 PHL-XNA (Bentonville, AR)

This seems a little overkill unless they back off of something else a bit. AA has been adding capacity at XNA like nobody's business for the last 2-3 years. Airport traffic is definitely up, but it's not all going to AA.....DL and UA (even G4) are sharing in that rise, and their capacity is generally a lot more stable.

The Philadelphia Region has lots of Walmarts :rotfl:

Miamiairport

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm

jplatts wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
DTW-LAX is a big hole in the AA network.

Other top domestic destinations traveled to from Greater Los Angeles that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX include BOI, BUF, CVG, CLE, MCI, MEM, MKE, MSP, GEG, and TPA.

AA had LAX/MCI I think for a short time, IIRC on a E175. LAX/TPA was axed about 6 months ago and wasn't around that long.

Tan Flyr

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Well..I'll add my 2 cents..
I'd still like to see FAT-ORD on AA. An E-175 is fine!
as far as the discussion of both MSP and DTW to LAX..it appears to me that both those markets are currently served fairly well by the incumbent carriers. DL has a loyal base in both markets as well as great connective feed.
I'm not sure that going up against DL in those would be a wise deployment of assets. Other posters have listed a number of cities that could/should be able to support an AA LAX round trip daily that currently do not have it. (even if it is a red-eye eastbound, and a fairly early westbound departure to maximize utilization.) I'd probably put CLE and or PIT first in line , then BDL, CVG and MKE in the second string positions.

SteveXC500

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:37 pm

cathay747 wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
FSDan wrote:

It is kind of odd that they fly PHX-YEG in the winter, but not PHX-YYC.

What kind of demand is there for YYZ-PHX? I'm guessing Toronto pax are more likely to fly to the Gulf Coast areas than AZ. Tends to lean eastern NA to the Gulf and western NA to AZ/CA/w-Mex.

At least during the winter, there is huge demand from Canada to PHX my friend. We are inundated with "snow birds" every season. And you contradicted yourself here: and western NA to AZ/CA/w-Mex
PHX is in AZ.

You misunderstood. Western North America is NOT where YYZ is. Toronto is Eastern Canada. So no, I did not contradict myself. There is a definite split in Western and Eastern provinces.

jplatts

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Tan Flyr wrote:
Other posters have listed a number of cities that could/should be able to support an AA LAX round trip daily that currently do not have it. (even if it is a red-eye eastbound, and a fairly early westbound departure to maximize utilization.) I'd probably put CLE and or PIT first in line , then BDL, CVG and MKE in the second string positions.

AA already serves BDL nonstop from LAX, but I agree that AA adding LAX-CLE, LAX-CVG, and LAX-MKE nonstop service might happen.

Vctony

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 pm

cm642 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
FSDan wrote:

Yeah AA has some pretty big holes in it's PHX network, the two largest and most obvious being BNA and MSY.

I think AA likes to avoid WN whenever possible out of PHX. BNA and MSY have nonstop WN service. I'd expect to see COS before BNA or MSY.

WaywardMemphian

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:43 pm

FSDan wrote:

PHX-COS
PHX-XNA
PHX-MSY
PHX-BNA
DFW-CAK
DFW-CRW
DFW-PVD

PHX-XNA?

American added a second frequency to XNA-LAX recently.

Now you're list is missing LAX- MEM

EvanWSFO

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:16 pm

RWA380 wrote:
N292UX wrote:
FSDan wrote:

PHX-COS
PHX-XNA
PHX-MSY
PHX-BNA
DFW-CAK
DFW-CRW
DFW-PVD

I've flown PHX-BNA on AA, back in the hub days at BNA. Now they are hubbed at PHX & it no longer makes economic sense? HP used to cover COS & MSY, too bad AA hasn't retained the routes.

I would agree with this statement. BNA-PHX overflies their largest hub. While there may be demand, AA is more likely to continue to let pax change planes at DFW.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

klm617

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 pm

WA707atMSP wrote:
blhp68 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

AA dropped DTW-LAX in 1983, shortly after General Motors closed their Chevrolet Cavalier / Cadillac Cimarron assembly plant in Norwalk / South Gate, California, and about three years after the Ford Thunderbird assembly plant in Pico Rivera, California closed. The closure of these plants sharply reduced the corporate travel between Detroit and Los Angeles, as well as shipments of auto parts via air cargo to keep the assembly lines running.

AA dropping of DTW-LAX also coincided with Republic starting DTW-LAX
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

But a two stopper is always one more opportunity for a delay/missed connection.

Yes and no.... because there's also more frequencies to any given target destination.

Say for example to a DTW individual wanting to go to SIN.

They could opt for a single theoretical DTW-SFO on UA, connecting to a single SIN; or they could take any number of DTW-ORD flights, any number of ORD-TYO flights on UA/NH, and any number of TYO-SIN flights on two UA partners. Ergo, sure there's greater chances of a missed connection, but there's also greater chances of another option within the same time frame, to compensate.

Yes but as a customer I'm only going to want to change planes once. Frequency means nothing to me if I have to make two connections it up my chance of lost luggage, a misconnect or a delay especially at ORD. I'll take my chances on DTW-SFO-SIN. I'm pretty sure that the DTW-SFO slight is an RON also and if I'm going to miss my SFO-SIN I can be rebooked at DTW before I even leave.
Last edited by klm617 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

jplatts

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:31 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
N292UX wrote:

I've flown PHX-BNA on AA, back in the hub days at BNA. Now they are hubbed at PHX & it no longer makes economic sense? HP used to cover COS & MSY, too bad AA hasn't retained the routes.

I would agree with this statement. BNA-PHX overflies their largest hub. While there may be demand, AA is more likely to continue to let pax change planes at DFW.

AA already does operate some nonstop routes out of PHX that do overfly DFW such as PHX-ATL, PHX-CLT, PHX-MEM, PHX-MCO, and PHX-TPA, but AA already serves ATL, CLT, MEM, MCO, and TPA nonstop from DFW.

AA also already operate a few nonstop routes out of PHX that do overfly ORD such as PHX-BOS, PHX-DTW, PHX-GRR, and PHX-JFK, but AA already serves BOS, DTW, GRR, and JFK nonstop from ORD.

AA adding BNA-PHX nonstop service is still a possibility, even though BNA-PHX overflies AA's DFW hub, since AA already serves BNA nonstop from DFW and since AA also already operates some other nonstop routes out of PHX that overfly its DFW or ORD hubs. BNA is also one of the top destinations traveled to from PHX that doesn't currently have nonstop service out of PHX on AA, and the PDEW's are also higher on BNA-PHX than on some other AA nonstop routes out of PHX.

klm617

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:35 pm

jplatts wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

AA already does operate some nonstop routes out of PHX that do overfly DFW such as PHX-ATL, PHX-CLT, PHX-MEM, PHX-MCO, and PHX-TPA, but AA already serves ATL, CLT, MEM, MCO, and TPA nonstop from DFW.

AA also already operate a few nonstop routes out of PHX that do overfly ORD such as PHX-BOS, PHX-DTW, PHX-GRR, and PHX-JFK, but AA already serves BOS, DTW, GRR, and JFK nonstop from ORD.

AA adding BNA-PHX nonstop service is still a possibility, even though BNA-PHX overflies AA's DFW hub, since AA already serves BNA nonstop from DFW and since AA also already operates some other nonstop routes out of PHX that overfly its DFW or ORD hubs. BNA is also one of the top destinations traveled to from PHX that doesn't currently have nonstop service out of PHX on AA, and the PDEW's are also higher on BNA-PHX than on some other AA nonstop routes out of PHX.

Yes but BNA is a WN strong hold unlike all the other markets you mentioned.

FSDan

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Vctony wrote:
cm642 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

I think AA likes to avoid WN whenever possible out of PHX. BNA and MSY have nonstop WN service. I'd expect to see COS before BNA or MSY.

That seemed true for a while, but AA recently proved they're willing to go head to head with WN from PHX by adding OKC and RDU.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

UWPAviation

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Im still waiting for MKE-MIA,

We have no yearly service to South Florida. I think MIA on AA on a E175 would be perfect

WaywardMemphian

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I'd like to see MIA-XNA as well

FSDan

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm

UALFAson wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
N292UX wrote:

I think the question with BNA-PHX is what does it provide passengers that BNA-LAX doesn't?

Well, the main thing it adds that BNA-LAX doesn't cover is a nonstop option on a legacy carrier in the BNA-PHX market. PHX also has connections to 10-15 smaller markets in the Southwestern states that aren't connected to LAX (although as of this summer, connections from BNA to any of those markets could probably be routed over DFW as well...), as well as more connecting capacity to the larger markets that also have flights to LAX (SMF, SJC, SAN, etc). However, I'm sure AA has been looking at this market as it's too obvious a gap for them to ignore, and they must be concluding that the traffic mix they'd need to make it a success isn't there right now.

UALFAson wrote:
Adding another West Coast(-ish) flight would just be competing against themselves for connecting passengers. It's a lot of time tying up an aircraft as well for no real system-wide benefit.

Obviously it's not quite as simple as that, or AA wouldn't fly from both LAX and PHX to the likes of OKC, IND, CMH, RDU, etc. LAX and PHX are distinct markets, and each has it's place in AA's network: LAX is primarily for O&D and TPAC connections, while PHX is better suited to facilitating West Coast connections.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

Tenaja85

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:07 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
I assume LGA-MTJ is Saturday only?

Is that a ski destination?

It's the closest "large" airport to Telluride; TEX only has prop service to DEN.

sargester

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Next:

CLT/DCA-ISP
DFW-PVD
DFW-ROC
DFW-SYR
PHL/DCA-DAB
JFK-PDX
LGA-IAH
Oh... and BOS LHR

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 am

klm617 wrote:
Yes but as a customer I'm only going to want to change planes once. Frequency means nothing to me if I have to make two connections it up my chance of lost luggage, a misconnect or a delay especially at ORD. I'll take my chances on DTW-SFO-SIN.

And perhaps you may, but will (or more realistically: can) you pay a $5K premium to do so?

Because while there are some exceptions, plug in such a route from DTW on UA within the next two months, and you're going to get approx $9500 for a J fare via EWR/ORD/IAD and then through NRT; versus $13,802-14,305 via SFO.

UA would be putting a lot more emphasis in this market if there were enough defectors from the dominant airline (grouping) at DTW willing to do so.

grbauc

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:29 am

MLIAA wrote:
I’m getting hoarse begging for CLT-MLI.

I'm using DFW/ or at time ORD from the Westcoast. LAX I can get a 787 LAX/DFW. Now a CLT connection vs the ORD would be nice esp for eastern half of the US or east coast for sure.

Chuska

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:38 am

I remember flying HP PHX-COS once, we stopped in PUB. It was a 737-200. Although PUB is EAS, I bet PUB-DFW could make a buck. And when is ABQ-CLT gonna make the cut?

CIDFlyer

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:20 am

Would love to see CID-PHX

jb1087xna

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:34 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I'd like to see MIA-XNA as well

I'd think that would be more beneficial than PHL or PHX, but maybe I'm mistaken.
At this point I'm of the opinion that AA is just wasting gates at XNA. Was searching for some flights earlier this morning and saw that starting in September, they have both a 5:25am and 6:00am flight to ORD.
Next up: XNA-ATL-IAH-MSP-XNA

Dominion301

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
FSDan wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
AA should consider adding PHX-YYZ and PHX-YYC, you got snowbird pax along with options to connect at PHX.

What kind of demand is there for YYZ-PHX? I'm guessing Toronto pax are more likely to fly to the Gulf Coast areas than AZ. Tends to lean eastern NA to the Gulf and western NA to AZ/CA/w-Mex.

Not much. Only big enough for AC to fly the route with 767s in winter.

FSDan wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
AA should consider adding PHX-YYZ and PHX-YYC, you got snowbird pax along with options to connect at PHX.

Probably due to way more existing PHX service at YYC.

x1234 wrote:
The only major markets AA is missing now is LAX-DTW/YYZ and DFW-PTY (for Asia connections due to the Panama Canal business and the port).

They just pulled off of YYZ-LAX. Doubt they’ll go back anytime soon, especially now that they’re no longer codeshare partners with WS.

Outside of YYZ and YUL, AA is the weakest player in Canada, but even DL could be bigger than they are. If they want to be bigger, they’ll have to go it alone. Lord knows there’s opportunities here that they ignore and aren’t dependent upon a partner for feed.

usflyer msp

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:49 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Yes but as a customer I'm only going to want to change planes once. Frequency means nothing to me if I have to make two connections it up my chance of lost luggage, a misconnect or a delay especially at ORD. I'll take my chances on DTW-SFO-SIN.

And perhaps you may, but will (or more realistically: can) you pay a $5K premium to do so?

Because while there are some exceptions, plug in such a route from DTW on UA within the next two months, and you're going to get approx $9500 for a J fare via EWR/ORD/IAD and then through NRT; versus $13,802-14,305 via SFO.

UA would be putting a lot more emphasis in this market if there were enough defectors from the dominant airline (grouping) at DTW willing to do so.

Not to mention that SFO's weather delays and potential for a misconnect are far worse than ORD's.

Planeboy17

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:46 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Not to mention that SFO's weather delays and potential for a misconnect are far worse than ORD's.

I’m glad someone else brought this up before I could.
SFO has been more delay prone the last 2 years than ORD.

etops1

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Need to add CLT-ICT

TYSflyer

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:10 pm

I am quite excited to see DFW-TRI. If memory serves me correctly, this route has never been served before. Back in the 90s, the airport had a whole gamut of destinations including PIT, DTW and CVG among others in addition to ATL and CLT. For an airport of its size, I thought it had very nice compliment of destinations. However, with the mergers this slowly dissipated to just CLT and ATL and a couple of G4 Florida cities. I have fond memories of the old observation area at TRI. Spent a good bit of time there in the 90s whenever we were in the area. On a separate note, I am a little surprised AA chose TRI-DFW service prior to starting ROA. I’m sure we they will be announcing ROA-DFW soon.

hummingbird

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

JFK-GEO is on the horizon.

American Airlines is to begin non-stop daily flights from Guyana to New York from December this year or earlier.
This would be a major development on the New York route. American began flying non-stop between Guyana and Miami on November 15 last year and will be expanding this service.

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2019/news/ ... KhSOqM4VnQ
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

dbo861

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
Would love to see CID-PHX

I agree. A daily CR9 would do well here.

macsog6

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 pm

I don't see DFW-HEL as a productive use of an aircraft. There is not much traffic between the two cities and not enough connections beyond HEL that make sense to DFW passengers (assuming a 1 stop journey). There is too much backtracking from HEL to European destinations. , plus LHR is better for European connections. HEL would be good for Russia (but is there enough DFW-Russia traffic...) and some Asian routes, however Transpacific makes more sense for DFW (DFW-HEL-PVG: 9,828mi, DFW-NRT-PVG: 7,546mi)[/quote]

HEL is, IMHO, one of the great connection airports in the world. Admittedly most of my connections there came from SIN, but I don't see HEL: has being back-tracking to any of the destinations in the more eastern regions of Europe and was a great way of shuttling about Europe. And it could easily be an alternative to present routes in getting to certain portions of Asia as the OP mentioned above.

It may just be me, but I'll go almost anywhere to avoid the hell that LHR has become. HEL is, at least to me, a viable alternative to the chaos and burden that LHR offers.
Sixty Plus Years of Flying! "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Saint Ex

cporcelli78

Tue May 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Desperately need CLT-ISP, can use CR7 / CR9. DCA-ISP E145. PLEASE!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos