tjwgrr

Re: Midwest Express Revival Plans, Office Space Leased

Tue May 21, 2019 1:15 pm

The E175 may be a good fit for their operation. Embraer lists the LR range at 2150 nm, full pax with typical mission reserves allowing them to serve any state in the lower 48, Mexico, and some of the Caribbean from MKE.

https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... 75_web.pdf

Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

UWPAviation

Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
The E175 may be a good fit for their operation. Embraer lists the LR range at 2150 nm, full pax with typical mission reserves allowing them to serve any state in the lower 48, Mexico, and some of the Caribbean from MKE.

https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... 75_web.pdf

Midwest did have E170 and E190 prior to merger. I don’t think that’s a bad option. I’m sure used can be for cheap. But at that point why not look at the C-series or Mitsubishi?

Plus they have not mentioned west-cost, and leisure markets. I’d assume judging by how popular they are out of MKE that they would eventually venture into Florida.

OA940

Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm

If I got this right (which is very likely not the case) they wanna fly to both big and small cities out of MKE. In that case the E-Jets would be the best fit. Specifically a couple of used E190s or 195s for larger markets (LAX, SFO, NYC, BOS, IAD) and some 175s for smaller markets. Alternatively a similar combination with the CRJ700/900 but they offer considerably less range compared to the E190. Not sure they'd want to go the A220 route considering it's a lot of aircraft for a secondary market, and the MRJ is a new plane that is now undergoing a major redesign so as much as I would love to see it happen it's a very long shot. To survive in a competitive market you should go with the safe and reliable option, and that's the E-Jets.
A350/CSeries = bae

illinoisman

Tue May 21, 2019 6:13 pm

KGRB wrote:
There are so many CRJ-200s in storage that the service could get up and running much more quickly than starting an airline from scratch.

Well the original YX was a pleasure to fly, so can they please not choose the most uncomfortable aircraft out there to man their fleet? CR2s have ridiculously small seats with no leg room so that won't satisfy people when it comes to their nostalgia for the comfort that YX provided. I would pay more for the traditional YX seating. Hopefully enough people are tired of feeling like sardines in a can and are willing to open their wallets for more comfort.

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Of all the airlines, I have the most nostalgia for AirTran and Midwest.

Truth of the matter is that, back in 2007, YX executives very publicly spurned an offer to merge with FL and entered into a merger agreement with TPG Capital and NW, YX's major competitor at MKE at the time. While this enriched the YX executives, it blunted FL's plans to expand into a national carrier, thereby denying MKE an opportunity to be a major hub of an-up-and-coming carrier. WN has been fine for MKE, but they have also destroyed good air fares from there. A growing FL would have been better.

Aurantiaco

Thu May 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Any idea what it’s airfare model is? Because if the only thing original from the first airline are the cookies then that’s not gonna cut it.

Gulfstream500
Topic Author

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 am

Midwest is currently accepting job applications, but "does not have any positions" right now:

https://flymidwestexpress.com/careers/

At this time we don’t have any available positions at Midwest Express. However, we’re always accepting applications and resumes to review. So if you’d like to express interest in joining our team, or have past experience working at Midwest Express Airlines, fill out the below form and submit your resume today!

I feel that they will not get a lot of applicants for pilots, as no aircraft type has been disclosed (so why would a B757 pilot apply for a position in a CRJ?). Most applicants will be young ~20 ish people that probably never flew on the original because of this...

As of now, I'm expecting a small relaunch with only one or two aircraft to start (supposedly only two major investors, $750,000 each). $1.5 million is enough for a late 90's/early 00's EMB 120 plus $1m in liquid assets...
Can someone please start a wikipedia list of failed startup airlines? I am interested in seeing just how long it would be...

DL717

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Midwest is currently accepting job applications, but "does not have any positions" right now:

https://flymidwestexpress.com/careers/

At this time we don’t have any available positions at Midwest Express. However, we’re always accepting applications and resumes to review. So if you’d like to express interest in joining our team, or have past experience working at Midwest Express Airlines, fill out the below form and submit your resume today!

I feel that they will not get a lot of applicants for pilots, as no aircraft type has been disclosed (so why would a B757 pilot apply for a position in a CRJ?). Most applicants will be young ~20 ish people that probably never flew on the original because of this...

As of now, I'm expecting a small relaunch with only one or two aircraft to start (supposedly only two major investors, $750,000 each). $1.5 million is enough for a late 90's/early 00's EMB 120 plus $1m in liquid assets...

Maybe a home for those Republic A220s on the books. If they want to do this right, they need to go all in and the 220 is the right bird for all business class. The -100 can hold 88 just like the 717, but it can hit the west coast from MKE.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Gulfstream500
Topic Author

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 am

Discussion combined from link combined from here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1425325
Can someone please start a wikipedia list of failed startup airlines? I am interested in seeing just how long it would be...

n7371f

Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:54 am

Maybe they could update the logo and font since it looks like something made on a Commodore 64.

crjflyboy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:59 am

According to the most recent SEC filings in a year of offerings the rebirth of Midwest Express has found zero new investors.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... ry_doc.xml.

They are still sitting on the original 750,000 and nothing more.

strfyr51

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:25 am

COSPN wrote:
There is lots of cheap office space for rent in Milwaukee .. no need to be at the airport Need an AOC (airline operating certificate) buy another airline is the quickest ... buildings come last

Or? They could just go to the FAA Office in Oklahoma City and copy one. Hell !! they could copy them all ! Including any Maintenance Program they want as well.
It is time consuming but it's possible. They can also buy a "Boiler Plate" Certificate and cut and paste their Name on it,

Varsity1

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:13 am

The chief pilot from Elite airways moved to Milwaukee. Pilot suspect the certificate was sold to midwest express. They are already a CRJ operator.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

crjflyboy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am

Varsity1 wrote:
The chief pilot from Elite airways moved to Milwaukee. Pilot suspect the certificate was sold to midwest express. They are already a CRJ operator.

No evidence of the certificate being sold and with what funds ?

rj777

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Breaking news:
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/n ... QifQ%3D%3D

Elite to provide initial aircraft and flight crews

jscottwomack

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Good to hear. Miss the old ME experience. Let's hope they can keep their eye on the prize and do it right.
TWA, Ozark, Braniff, Piedmont, USAir, American, Delta, Frontier, Midwest Express, Western, Eastern, Southwest, Northwest, PanAm, United, Mississippi Valley, Britt, Continental, Trans America, Midway, America West, National, American Trans Air, Sun Country

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos