Chuska
Topic Author
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Two AA*/Mesa CRJ-900's, N939LR and N942LR, went to ROW last week and reportedly came out repainted with a Mesa Airlines scheme. Hopefully its a retro scheme and not something entirely new. Any spotters, especially in DFW or PHX, that can get some photos of these aircraft, please do it!
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1960
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Pictures?
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
kabq737
Moderator
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Oh boy.... I really hope it doesn’t have anything to do with their current logo that looks like it was done as a photoshop rush job.

Does this have any implications about the future use of these frames? Maybe they can be used to sub for UA E175s going forward?
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46
Airliners.net Forum Moderator
 
deltaffindfw
Posts: 1492
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:42 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 am

I saw one at DFW while driving down International Parkway. Quickly glancing at it, looked like the tail is all black with the MESA logo in white. I could only see part of the fuselage, but I think it was white too.
 
kabq737
Moderator
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

deltaffindfw wrote:
I saw one at DFW while driving down International Parkway. Quickly glancing at it, looked like the tail is all black with the MESA logo in white. I could only see part of the fuselage, but I think it was white too.

I suppose that makes sense. They probably want to keep black to a minimum since they operate out of hot climates so much.
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46
Airliners.net Forum Moderator
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1087
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 am

kabq737 wrote:
Oh boy.... I really hope it doesn’t have anything to do with their current logo that looks like it was done as a photoshop rush job.

Does this have any implications about the future use of these frames? Maybe they can be used to sub for UA E175s going forward?


UA doesn't have any partners flying the CR9 for them, not sure how hard or easy it would be for that to happen. I remember them saying they were committing extra frames as spares, but I don't see why painting them would be necessary though...unless they're coming off contract flying to become spares and can't hold the AA logo because of that.
 
kabq737
Moderator
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:02 am

ericm2031 wrote:
kabq737 wrote:
Oh boy.... I really hope it doesn’t have anything to do with their current logo that looks like it was done as a photoshop rush job.

Does this have any implications about the future use of these frames? Maybe they can be used to sub for UA E175s going forward?


UA doesn't have any partners flying the CR9 for them, not sure how hard or easy it would be for that to happen. I remember them saying they were committing extra frames as spares, but I don't see why painting them would be necessary though...unless they're coming off contract flying to become spares and can't hold the AA logo because of that.

Yeah I don’t know what would go into subbing a CRJ for an ERJ either. Probably depends on what the station usually sees service from and if the proper equipment is available. It was just a thought that came to mind since Skywest has been so successful in their use of generically branded spaces.
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46
Airliners.net Forum Moderator
 
Chuska
Topic Author
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 am

N942LR got into DFW at 1120a on Saturday during the heat of their thunderstorms and hasn't flown since, might one of the 44+ that got hail damage.
 
Yonderlust
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Two Mesa CRJ-900's repainted in Mesa colors

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 am

deltaffindfw wrote:
I saw one at DFW while driving down International Parkway. Quickly glancing at it, looked like the tail is all black with the MESA logo in white. I could only see part of the fuselage, but I think it was white too.


I saw one at DFW on Friday from the Skylink train. I recall what you describe. Damn, I should have taken a photo. I'll be back tomorrow so will look for it again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos