YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am

My friend went to the star wars celebration event in Chicago this weekend and toured around till he saw the booth that was hosted by NH. He talked to the reps at the booth for sometime and eventually mentioned that he was from Toronto. That's when not only one but two reps from the airline leaked information to him that NH has plans to launch YYZ from Tokyo but hasn't mentioned which Tokyo airport they will serve YYZ from. They also didn't mention which aircraft will be used for the route either as I assume these decisions are still in planning phases inside the airline. All they told him was that they will launch the route either in late 2019 or early 2020. My friend guessed that the new YYZ route is due to the increase of flights to both Tokyo airports for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Atm there is no official announcement from NH about this but we should be getting one soon and the fact this was information from reps that represent and work for NH, I could take their word any day because otherwise, that would be very unprofessional on their part to make up information about the airline they work for. Overall, I am very happy that NH is finally considering to launch YYZ very soon! It's been a long time coming and I guess it's a dream come true! I want to hear opinions from other aviation geeks on here about this leaked information along with any other leaked info other aviation geeks may have that would support this information I recently got today! Maybe also give your guesses on the aircraft that'll be used for this route along with the Tokyo airport that will serve YYZ.

Here are my guesses for this route:

Route: NRT-YYZ (This is because AC already serves YYZ-HND year round and NRT has more connections to other asian destinations, specifically china and southeast asia, also no non-stop flight to NRT from YYZ atm)

Aircraft: 777-300ER (This is due to YYZ being AC's biggest hub and having many connection options for North America from NRT to YYZ along with huge asian population, especially chinese population in Toronto that can increase pax on this route for the other way back to NRT)
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited in accordance with forum rules
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:27 pm

NRT-YYZ is likely if they ever launch Tokyo - Toronto and especially given the connections available; however not a chance in hell in 777-300ER given their config. You have to reliably fill in 60 F/C seats to a market that never supports much F class traffic to Asia while also commanding a fare premium in W/Y. As CX/AC/other carriers found out, Canada as a whole is more a lower-yield destination without too much premium traffic that can warrant a 77W service in ANA config. 787-9 is a far better fit for the route given the profile.

Michael
 
User avatar
yowza
Posts: 4491
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:01 am

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm

eamondzhang wrote:
not a chance in hell in 777-300ER given their config. You have to reliably fill in 60 F/C seats to a market that never supports much F class traffic

I hope you're wrong for my own selfish RTW trip planning purposes but I suspect you're 100% on the money.

YOWza
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm

789 seems like a given. AC still has a daily 77W with 40J to HND, so with ANA, that would be 100F/J to fill spread between the two, on an established trunk route sure, but not Tokyo, not yet at least.
 
x1234
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 pm

The minorities in Toronto which 70% are of Asian ancestry and of that 12.6% are South Asian and 11.1% are Chinese. Japanese are only 0.5% with Filipino at 5.7% and Southeast Asian at 1.5%.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... mographics
There is much more Japanese ancestry people in the USA versus Canada due to the easier VISA process due to the Japan-USA alliance versus Chinese.

Anyhow I agree, a B789 is more suitable for Toronto versus B77W because the premium demand in Canada is still concentrated on AC but if they get AC code-share they may pickup some premium traffic due to *A.
 
x1234
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Which reminds me if China demand is so high out of YYZ, why did CA (Air China) hand the route over to Hainan!? YYZ-PEK would be perfect route for CA.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 pm

x1234 wrote:
Which reminds me if China demand is so high out of YYZ, why did CA (Air China) hand the route over to Hainan!? YYZ-PEK would be perfect route for CA.


Hainan has been on the route now for quite a long time, demand has changed a lot as Toronto has grown. When hainan began flying to Toronto, they were the only Chinese carrier of memory serves, and daily seats were probably a quarter of what you see today to China. The market has grown a ton in the past 5-10 years, and now we see 5x daily flights to China, where when hainan started, it was probably 1-2.

Remember, hindsight is 20/20, I imagine had CA known YYZ-PEK would grow to what it is today, I’m sure they would have picked up the route. At least they have AC and their JV to lean on, as well as their services to YVR and YUL.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

There are no guarantees AC will codeshare with NH on this rumoured service. Just because they're a *A partner doesn't mean much. If you look at other *A partners which double on AC at YYZ like TP and LO, there is no codeshare. On top of that NH & UA are in a JV, which leaves little room for AC to wiggle itself into. My bet is that if NH adds YYZ, they will cut code on AC 1/2 and AC will limit connectivity for NH in YYZ.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm

yulexpansion wrote:
There are no guarantees AC will codeshare with NH on this rumoured service. Just because they're a *A partner doesn't mean much. If you look at other *A partners which double on AC at YYZ like TP and LO, there is no codeshare.


That is not entirely true. AC has now it's code on some LO flights. For example, LO46 is now marketed as AC6762.
310, 319, 320, 321,321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Your only seeing the city of Toronto demographics, here you gotta include the GTA aka suburbs cause YYZ serves the entire GTA region along w surrounding places like Kitchener/Waterloo, Barrie, Niagara Falls, and to an extent Buffalo, NY for those that want to fly international out of YYZ. Ontario alone has around 41,645 Japanese Canadians so you can imagine how many of them would be from the GTA. Markham for example is a big Japanese enclave in the GTA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Canadians

x1234 wrote:
The minorities in Toronto which 70% are of Asian ancestry and of that 12.6% are South Asian and 11.1% are Chinese. Japanese are only 0.5% with Filipino at 5.7% and Southeast Asian at 1.5%.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... mographics
There is much more Japanese ancestry people in the USA versus Canada due to the easier VISA process due to the Japan-USA alliance versus Chinese.

Anyhow I agree, a B789 is more suitable for Toronto versus B77W because the premium demand in Canada is still concentrated on AC but if they get AC code-share they may pickup some premium traffic due to *A.
 
hollywoodcory
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Could be why AC has removed the YYZ legs on AC9/10 in S20. Currently only showing YYC-NRT-YYC.
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Damnnn, where'd you get this info? Even more of a potential proof!

hollywoodcory wrote:
Could be why AC has removed the YYZ legs on AC9/10 in S20. Currently only showing YYC-NRT-YYC.
 
nname
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Online flight schedule

YYZORD wrote:
Damnnn, where'd you get this info? Even more of a potential proof!

hollywoodcory wrote:
Could be why AC has removed the YYZ legs on AC9/10 in S20. Currently only showing YYC-NRT-YYC.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:
There are no guarantees AC will codeshare with NH on this rumoured service. Just because they're a *A partner doesn't mean much. If you look at other *A partners which double on AC at YYZ like TP and LO, there is no codeshare.


That is not entirely true. AC has now it's code on some LO flights. For example, LO46 is now marketed as AC6762.


That's true actually. It's new to me. To my knowledge, AC did not code on LO flights to YYZ.
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm

yulexpansion wrote:
There are no guarantees AC will codeshare with NH on this rumoured service. Just because they're a *A partner doesn't mean much. If you look at other *A partners which double on AC at YYZ like TP and LO, there is no codeshare. On top of that NH & UA are in a JV, which leaves little room for AC to wiggle itself into. My bet is that if NH adds YYZ, they will cut code on AC 1/2 and AC will limit connectivity for NH in YYZ.

They do however have a JV with ANA between Canada and Japan.

Michael
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 pm

It's not a JV yet, still a codeshare between the two thanks to Star Alliance but there is a huge change that AC will join the current JV between NH and UA making it a 3-way JV between north america and asia. AC and UA want their own transborder JV thanks to the recent WS and DL JV so it only makes sense. This will be similar to the 3-way JV LH has with AC and UA for North America to Europe except here it's NH and asia traffic. AC even expressed that they want more JV's after the success of their first one with CA and the soon implementation of the NZ and AC JV.

eamondzhang wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:
There are no guarantees AC will codeshare with NH on this rumoured service. Just because they're a *A partner doesn't mean much. If you look at other *A partners which double on AC at YYZ like TP and LO, there is no codeshare. On top of that NH & UA are in a JV, which leaves little room for AC to wiggle itself into. My bet is that if NH adds YYZ, they will cut code on AC 1/2 and AC will limit connectivity for NH in YYZ.

They do however have a JV with ANA between Canada and Japan.

Michael
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 6250
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 pm

hollywoodcory wrote:
Could be why AC has removed the YYZ legs on AC9/10 in S20. Currently only showing YYC-NRT-YYC.


I am curious where you are finding this? Airlines don’t normally publish schedules more than 330 days in advance.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
eaa3
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:49 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 am

YYZORD wrote:
My friend went to the star wars celebration event in Chicago this weekend and toured around till he saw the booth that was hosted by NH. He talked to the reps at the booth for sometime and eventually mentioned that he was from Toronto. That's when not only one but two reps from the airline leaked information to him that NH has plans to launch YYZ from Tokyo but hasn't mentioned which Tokyo airport they will serve YYZ from. They also didn't mention which aircraft will be used for the route either as I assume these decisions are still in planning phases inside the airline. All they told him was that they will launch the route either in late 2019 or early 2020. My friend guessed that the new YYZ route is due to the increase of flights to both Tokyo airports for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Atm there is no official announcement from NH about this but we should be getting one soon and the fact this was information from reps that represent and work for NH, I could take their word any day because otherwise, that would be very unprofessional on their part to make up information about the airline they work for. Overall, I am very happy that NH is finally considering to launch YYZ very soon! It's been a long time coming and I guess it's a dream come true! I want to hear opinions from other aviation geeks on here about this leaked information along with any other leaked info other aviation geeks may have that would support this information I recently got today! Maybe also give your guesses on the aircraft that'll be used for this route along with the Tokyo airport that will serve YYZ.

Here are my guesses for this route:

Route: NRT-YYZ (This is because AC already serves YYZ-HND year round and NRT has more connections to other asian destinations, specifically china and southeast asia, also no non-stop flight to NRT from YYZ atm)

Aircraft: 777-300ER (This is due to YYZ being AC's biggest hub and having many connection options for North America from NRT to YYZ along with huge asian population, especially chinese population in Toronto that can increase pax on this route for the other way back to NRT)



You really shouldn’t be so specific as to how you get information like this. It can get people in trouble, as the company will know exactly where it came from. It’s more important to protect people’s job than for your credibility to be strong.
 
notconcerned
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 am

YYZORD wrote:
Aircraft: 777-300ER (This is due to YYZ being AC's biggest hub and having many connection options for North America from NRT to YYZ along with huge asian population, especially chinese population in Toronto that can increase pax on this route for the other way back to NRT)


Considering that CX only flies 3-class 77W with no F to, arguably the strongest YYZ-Asia route (YYZ-HKG), highly doubt NH will drop 8F seats to the market with 77W. Only other carriers with F seats to Far East Asia are MU and KE.

Moreover, NH 77W are fairly low density with only 264 seats, as compared to a 789 with 246 seats.
 
User avatar
SeaEagle8
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am

eaa3 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
My friend went to the star wars celebration event in Chicago this weekend and toured around till he saw the booth that was hosted by NH. He talked to the reps at the booth for sometime and eventually mentioned that he was from Toronto. That's when not only one but two reps from the airline leaked information to him that NH has plans to launch YYZ from Tokyo but hasn't mentioned which Tokyo airport they will serve YYZ from. They also didn't mention which aircraft will be used for the route either as I assume these decisions are still in planning phases inside the airline. All they told him was that they will launch the route either in late 2019 or early 2020. My friend guessed that the new YYZ route is due to the increase of flights to both Tokyo airports for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Atm there is no official announcement from NH about this but we should be getting one soon and the fact this was information from reps that represent and work for NH, I could take their word any day because otherwise, that would be very unprofessional on their part to make up information about the airline they work for. Overall, I am very happy that NH is finally considering to launch YYZ very soon! It's been a long time coming and I guess it's a dream come true! I want to hear opinions from other aviation geeks on here about this leaked information along with any other leaked info other aviation geeks may have that would support this information I recently got today! Maybe also give your guesses on the aircraft that'll be used for this route along with the Tokyo airport that will serve YYZ.

Here are my guesses for this route:

Route: NRT-YYZ (This is because AC already serves YYZ-HND year round and NRT has more connections to other asian destinations, specifically china and southeast asia, also no non-stop flight to NRT from YYZ atm)

Aircraft: 777-300ER (This is due to YYZ being AC's biggest hub and having many connection options for North America from NRT to YYZ along with huge asian population, especially chinese population in Toronto that can increase pax on this route for the other way back to NRT)



You really shouldn’t be so specific as to how you get information like this. It can get people in trouble, as the company will know exactly where it came from. It’s more important to protect people’s job than for your credibility to be strong.


All he said was reps said they play to start YYZ. No real specifics, despite alleged startup dates. This is already hearsay. I don’t think anybody is getting into trouble here. This is no different to hearing rumours from pilots, flight attendants or other airline personnel. If every rumoured flight from every airline source happened route maps would look a lot different!
NSW based avgeek
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:17 am

Since YYZ is a STAR hub you would think they would have served it years ago. Why are NH and JAL so conservative with North America?
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:30 am

It's probably to do with the limited slots at both NRT and HND so it's not NH or JL's fault for being conservative. If they had the freedom like for example airlines at ICN, HKG, and TPE, they'd be expanding very fast! Maybe when the new slots come in 2020, it'll show how conservative NH and JL really are.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Since YYZ is a STAR hub you would think they would have served it years ago. Why are NH and JAL so conservative with North America?
 
ITSTours
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:51 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 am

YYZORD wrote:
It's probably to do with the limited slots at both NRT and HND so it's not NH or JL's fault for being conservative. If they had the freedom like for example airlines at ICN, HKG, and TPE, they'd be expanding very fast! Maybe when the new slots come in 2020, it'll show how conservative NH and JL really are.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Since YYZ is a STAR hub you would think they would have served it years ago. Why are NH and JAL so conservative with North America?


NRT is wide open. They can expand whenever they want.
 
hollywoodcory
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 am

[twoid][/twoid]
longhauler wrote:
hollywoodcory wrote:
Could be why AC has removed the YYZ legs on AC9/10 in S20. Currently only showing YYC-NRT-YYC.


I am curious where you are finding this? Airlines don’t normally publish schedules more than 330 days in advance.


Their online schedule. Its viewable until early April 2020. AC9/10 currently is loaded as just YYC-NRT-YYC from 27MAR20.
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 am

YYZORD wrote:
It's probably to do with the limited slots at both NRT and HND so it's not NH or JL's fault for being conservative. If they had the freedom like for example airlines at ICN, HKG, and TPE, they'd be expanding very fast! Maybe when the new slots come in 2020, it'll show how conservative NH and JL really are.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Since YYZ is a STAR hub you would think they would have served it years ago. Why are NH and JAL so conservative with North America?

As others said, NRT is wide open in terms of traffic right (not saying about gate availability) and NH can start a flight tomorrow to YYZ if they want. It's more on the market and yield. With limited resources (on the availability of widebody fleet) NH is chasing more high-end traffic than KE ever will.

Also with AC serving the route there's no need unless the market is big enough.

Michael
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:36 am

Well as mentioned before, AC isn't serving NRT non stop from YYZ at all so this should be the perfect opportunity for NH to launch this flight!

eamondzhang wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
It's probably to do with the limited slots at both NRT and HND so it's not NH or JL's fault for being conservative. If they had the freedom like for example airlines at ICN, HKG, and TPE, they'd be expanding very fast! Maybe when the new slots come in 2020, it'll show how conservative NH and JL really are.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Since YYZ is a STAR hub you would think they would have served it years ago. Why are NH and JAL so conservative with North America?

As others said, NRT is wide open in terms of traffic right (not saying about gate availability) and NH can start a flight tomorrow to YYZ if they want. It's more on the market and yield. With limited resources (on the availability of widebody fleet) NH is chasing more high-end traffic than KE ever will.

Also with AC serving the route there's no need unless the market is big enough.

Michael
 
User avatar
cjg225
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 am

Am I the only one wondering why NH would be hosting a booth at Celebration....?
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 6250
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 pm

hollywoodcory wrote:
Their online schedule. Its viewable until early April 2020. AC9/10 currently is loaded as just YYC-NRT-YYC from 27MAR20.

I am guessing that because that is the edge of the time limit and beyond 330 days, odds are it is more of a function of what is loaded yet as opposed to what is planned more than a year away.

Summer 2020 767 operations are still in the planning stage, as the airplane should be retired from mainline by then. The big wild card would be whether YYZ-YYC-NRT-YYC-YYZ is flown by a 787 or A330.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
User avatar
DolphinAir747
Posts: 1884
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

cjg225 wrote:
Am I the only one wondering why NH would be hosting a booth at Celebration....?


They have 3 planes painted in Star Wars liveries with Star Wars-themed interiors
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:56 pm

longhauler wrote:
hollywoodcory wrote:
Their online schedule. Its viewable until early April 2020. AC9/10 currently is loaded as just YYC-NRT-YYC from 27MAR20.

I am guessing that because that is the edge of the time limit and beyond 330 days, odds are it is more of a function of what is loaded yet as opposed to what is planned more than a year away.

Summer 2020 767 operations are still in the planning stage, as the airplane should be retired from mainline by then. The big wild card would be whether YYZ-YYC-NRT-YYC-YYZ is flown by a 787 or A330.



Or whether it is flown at all ...
Sounds to me like a better market for WS to serve. Just my two cents.
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 6250
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 pm

yulexpansion wrote:
Or whether it is flown at all ...
Sounds to me like a better market for WS to serve. Just my two cents.


It's a tough call. The J market out of YYC to NRT (and most international destinations) is very strong for AC. So much that a few have mentioned that the J cabin of the 767 is too small. Premium cabin frequent flyers are very loyal, unlike the price conscious Y cabin. I can't imagine what WS could offer (as price is irrelevant) that would lure a passenger away.

WS does have a home town advantage. But ... remember, it has only been the past few years that WS actually carried more passengers out of YYC than AC!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Good news go toronto go
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Good news go toronto go
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 pm

longhauler wrote:
The big wild card would be whether YYZ-YYC-NRT-YYC-YYZ is flown by a 787 or A330.


The great circle distance from YYC to NRT is 4300 nm. Does a 230t A333 have the legs to do it? I know you guys were flying YVR-NRT in the past with the A333, but it is a bit shorter and the aircraft wasn't so densely configured.
310, 319, 320, 321,321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
longhauler wrote:
The big wild card would be whether YYZ-YYC-NRT-YYC-YYZ is flown by a 787 or A330.


The great circle distance from YYC to NRT is 4300 nm. Does a 230t A333 have the legs to do it? I know you guys were flying YVR-NRT in the past with the A333, but it is a bit shorter and the aircraft wasn't so densely configured.


It's also the 3,600ft elevation in YYC. Tough to imagine AC flying a 333 in YYC. Easier to cycle the 789 with FRA and LHR.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 pm

longhauler wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:
Or whether it is flown at all ...
Sounds to me like a better market for WS to serve. Just my two cents.


It's a tough call. The J market out of YYC to NRT (and most international destinations) is very strong for AC. So much that a few have mentioned that the J cabin of the 767 is too small. Premium cabin frequent flyers are very loyal, unlike the price conscious Y cabin. I can't imagine what WS could offer (as price is irrelevant) that would lure a passenger away.

WS does have a home town advantage. But ... remember, it has only been the past few years that WS actually carried more passengers out of YYC than AC!


One thing that J markets love is consistent service. The fact that AC downgraded the route to seasonal might speak to the importance it places on this apparently important business market. Apart from the new WS intercontinental routes in YYC, most other carriers have stayed put or reduced. HU (3w -> 2w), BA (became seasonal).
 
User avatar
cjg225
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 am

DolphinAir747 wrote:
They have 3 planes painted in Star Wars liveries with Star Wars-themed interiors

Oh, right, that is NH...

Still, what would their booth even be about at a Star Wars convention? Do other businesses that otherwise have an extremely tangential relationship to Star Wars have booths there?
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...
 
jfk777
Posts: 6967
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 am

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Its about time, no Japanese airline has ever flown YYZ to Tokyo. JAL should have been all over this 30 years ago. Now ANA is flying it, finally. There is demand Air Canada uses a 77W and those AC 777 have many seats.
 
YYZORD
Topic Author
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:24 pm

There's a chance JAL could also come to YYZ, they're the next airline to most likely get a Canada slot at HND and they already fly YVR through NRT. They would not use that slot on YVR as NH flies NHD to YVR already so I'm sure they'd use it on YYZ instead with a 787-9 because which airline, especially japanese ones would waste a valuable HND slot?

jfk777 wrote:
Its about time, no Japanese airline has ever flown YYZ to Tokyo. JAL should have been all over this 30 years ago. Now ANA is flying it, finally. There is demand Air Canada uses a 77W and those AC 777 have many seats.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos