Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cedarjet

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:12 pm

US connecting traffic on Air Canada is overrated. Maybe bags don’t have to be claimed and rechecked at the Canadian transit airport but pax go through immigration, no transit channel. So not only long lines but for many, Canadian visa. Or, much more commonly, offloaded at the gate for not having a Canadian visa. It happened to the Indian gentleman ahead of me about to board a SFO YYZ A321. Where’s your Canadian visa? No, I’m going to a medical conference in Zurich, I don’t need one. Yes you do sir, or you’re not travelling. Next time I took a transborder flight on Air Canada it was a South African couple also on their way to Europe. Tears, denied boarding, plans ruined. Ridiculous to not have an airside transit, I guess Canada has delusions of grandeur by making everyone go through immigration but it’s a hassle at the best of times and a daily cause of heartbreak for non-US/Canada/EU citizens. Needless to add there’s no warning on Air Canada’s site, let alone on Expedia et al.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

jakeroberts212

Re: Rumor: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chicago

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 am

YYZORD wrote:
My friend went to the star wars celebration event in Chicago this weekend and toured around till he saw the booth that was hosted by NH. He talked to the reps at the booth for sometime and eventually mentioned that he was from Toronto. That's when not only one but two reps from the airline leaked information to him that NH has plans to launch YYZ from Tokyo but hasn't mentioned which Tokyo airport they will serve YYZ from. They also didn't mention which aircraft will be used for the route either as I assume these decisions are still in planning phases inside the airline. All they told him was that they will launch the route either in late 2019 or early 2020. My friend guessed that the new YYZ route is due to the increase of flights to both Tokyo airports for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Atm there is no official announcement from NH about this but we should be getting one soon and the fact this was information from reps that represent and work for NH, I could take their word any day because otherwise, that would be very unprofessional on their part to make up information about the airline they work for. Overall, I am very happy that NH is finally considering to launch YYZ very soon! It's been a long time coming and I guess it's a dream come true! I want to hear opinions from other aviation geeks on here about this leaked information along with any other leaked info other aviation geeks may have that would support this information I recently got today! Maybe also give your guesses on the aircraft that'll be used for this route along with the Tokyo airport that will serve YYZ.

Here are my guesses for this route:

Route: NRT-YYZ (This is because AC already serves YYZ-HND year round and NRT has more connections to other asian destinations, specifically china and southeast asia, also no non-stop flight to NRT from YYZ atm)

Aircraft: 777-300ER (This is due to YYZ being AC's biggest hub and having many connection options for North America from NRT to YYZ along with huge asian population, especially chinese population in Toronto that can increase pax on this route for the other way back to NRT)

THIS is the most absurd post ever. Now we’re using Star Wars conventions as sources of rumors!?? Yeah, it’s 3 weeks away from early 2020 and NO NH announcement regarding YYZ. This is so ridiculous.

EChid

Re: Leaked Info: NH starting TYO-YYZ Either Late 2019 or Early 2020 According to NH Reps At Star Wars Celebration in Chi

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:58 am

x1234 wrote:
Which reminds me if China demand is so high out of YYZ, why did CA (Air China) hand the route over to Hainan!? YYZ-PEK would be perfect route for CA.

As some have mentioned, Hainan may have been there first. As well, AC doesn't like it's JV partners operating routes to/from YYZ as a rule. See LX/SN/OS as proof. So they're happy to let CA operate to YUL, while they operate to PEK from YYZ.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos