QF744
Topic Author

Video: Delta exec talks LAX upgrade, Suite roll-out and more

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Here's a new video with a Delta exec talking the LAX upgrade, the Delta One Suite roll-out and more.

https://wayfarer.travel/wayfarer-tv-del ... y-flights/

Interesting that the exec talks 2023 for the LAX terminals 2 & 3 upgrade completion and also a new flagship lounge... anyone have any more details on what the new lounge will conceptually be like?

Also, any timelines for the roll-out of the Delta One Suite across the network?

QF744
OVER 150 FLIGHTS PER YEAR.

NateGreat

Re: Video: Delta exec talks LAX upgrade, Suite roll-out and more

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 pm

QF744 wrote:
Here's a new video with a Delta exec talking the LAX upgrade, the Delta One Suite roll-out and more.

Interesting that the exec talks 2023 for the LAX terminals 2 & 3 upgrade completion and also a new flagship lounge... anyone have any more details on what the new lounge will conceptually be like?

QF744

As far as the Suites retrofits, all 777-200ERs have the Suites. All 777-200LRs should have the Suites by the end of this year, with 4 frames complete by Summer. The 767-400ER “semi-Suite” debuts on all JFK/BOS-LHR flights in November. The first 767-400ER will be complete by Summer. No word on when the entire 767-400ER fleet will be done. Since at least the older 767-300ERs will be retired in the coming years, I have no idea exactly what Delta intends to do with the frames that are staying around for a bit longer. As for the A330-300 and A330-200 retrofits, I have no idea. And that’s all that I know for now.

questions

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 am

NateGreat wrote:
As far as the Suites retrofits, all 777-200ERs have the Suites. All 777-200LRs should have the Suites by the end of this year, with 4 frames complete by Summer. The 767-400ER “semi-Suite” debuts on all JFK/BOS-LHR flights in November. The first 767-400ER will be complete by Summer. No word on when the entire 767-400ER fleet will be done. Since at least the older 767-300ERs will be retired in the coming years, I have no idea exactly what Delta intends to do with the frames that are staying around for a bit longer. As for the A330-300 and A330-200 retrofits, I have no idea. And that’s all that I know for now.

I was just wondering what the “semi-suite” is. Found it. It appears to be a new Delta One seat.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-unveils-all-new-delta-one-seats-for-revamped-767-400/

NateGreat

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 am

questions wrote:
NateGreat wrote:

I was just wondering what the “semi-suite” is. Found it. It appears to be a new Delta One seat.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-unveils-all-new-delta-one-seats-for-revamped-767-400/

I say “semi-Suite” as it takes a lot of the Delta One Suite components, and incorporates them into the general currently existing 767 Delta One seat. The main reason it is not a true “Delta One Suite” is due to the lack of a door. They did however incorporate the privacy divider for the middle two-seater section of seats, which I think helps at least a little bit. The newer and much larger IFE screen is definitely a bonus. A few other similarities between this seat and the Delta One Suite is the same black/grey/white/blue/red color scheme. The seat itself looks the same as the seat in the Delta One Suite. You can also tell that the seat control panels, power outlets, reading light, and seat number sign are practically exactly the same as on the Delta One Suite. I find it ironic that the seat number sign reads “Suite” such as “Suite 6C”. Considering that the 767 is too narrow of a plane to fit the Delta One Suites in a 1-2-1 configuration, this is definitely a nice change from the boring outdated current 767 Delta One seat. It would have been interesting to see a 1-1-1 Delta One Suite configuration though.

CMH2578

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:01 am

NateGreat wrote:
QF744 wrote:

QF744

It is important to note that Delta has never referred to the new 767-400 seat as a suite or a mini-suite in any way shape or form. They simply call it a new Delta One seat.

questions

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 am

CMH2578 wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
QF744 wrote:

QF744

It is important to note that Delta has never referred to the new 767-400 seat as a suite or a mini-suite in any way shape or form. They simply call it a new Delta One seat.

Although as NateGreat pointed out, the seat number signs indicate the “Suite” number.

See:

However, I agree these are seats, not suites.

QF744
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:43 am

questions wrote:
NateGreat wrote:

Awesome thanks for the link - that looks like an impressive product for the 767-400. Looks like it will stack-up well against the United Polaris 1-1-1 new 763 layout.

Great to see these 767s upgraded and flying for some time until the new NMA bird arrives from Boeing.

QF744
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 am

NateGreat wrote:
questions wrote:
NateGreat wrote:

I say “semi-Suite” as it takes a lot of the Delta One Suite components, and incorporates them into the general currently existing 767 Delta One seat. The main reason it is not a true “Delta One Suite” is due to the lack of a door. They did however incorporate the privacy divider for the middle two-seater section of seats, which I think helps at least a little bit. The newer and much larger IFE screen is definitely a bonus. A few other similarities between this seat and the Delta One Suite is the same black/grey/white/blue/red color scheme. The seat itself looks the same as the seat in the Delta One Suite. You can also tell that the seat control panels, power outlets, reading light, and seat number sign are practically exactly the same as on the Delta One Suite. I find it ironic that the seat number sign reads “Suite” such as “Suite 6C”. Considering that the 767 is too narrow of a plane to fit the Delta One Suites in a 1-2-1 configuration, this is definitely a nice change from the boring outdated current 767 Delta One seat. It would have been interesting to see a 1-1-1 Delta One Suite configuration though.

Definitely a cut-down version of the same new Delta One Suite seat... good to keep the similarities with the product onboard.

NateGreat

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:03 am

QF744 wrote:
questions wrote:
NateGreat wrote:

Awesome thanks for the link - that looks like an impressive product for the 767-400. Looks like it will stack-up well against the United Polaris 1-1-1 new 763 layout.

Great to see these 767s upgraded and flying for some time until the new NMA bird arrives from Boeing.

This 767-400 overhaul is most definitely a positive thing, especially in the Main Cabin and Comfort Plus, including the addition of the new Premium Select. The current 767-400 cabin looks dated as ever, especially with the older and smaller IFE screens. And LED mood lighting is just the icing on the cake, much like with the 777 retrofits. Delta is one of very few carriers (and the only carrier in the US) to add mood lighting to their Boeing 767s. Not even United has installed mood lighting to their 777 and 767 Polaris retrofits. Delta may have the oldest fleet on average of the US3, but they sure know how to make an older aircraft look brand new on the inside. Keep it up, Delta! Let’s hope they have similar plans for the A330-300s and A330-200s.

DeltaB717

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 am

What did he say they'll be pleased to announce (re LAX) in 2023? I heard "hen house" or something like that, and I'm quite sure that isn't what he said!

QF744
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
What did he say they'll be pleased to announce (re LAX) in 2023? I heard "hen house" or something like that, and I'm quite sure that isn't what he said!

Sounds like a new lounge concept is on the way - Head House or something like that?

LAXtoATL

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am

QF744 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

Sounds like a new lounge concept is on the way - Head House or something like that?

The Head of House refers to the check-in area

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos