Prost

Re: Jet Airways: Shutdown

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

The LHR slots were returned to Etihad already. And AMS wouldn’t allow slots to sit empty until 2021.

iadadd

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

3 free daily LHR slot pairs, one of which is a primetime morning arrival. Who's going to take them ?

JayinKitsap

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:38 pm

I recall that there are large fees to fly out of India for the airlines so a nearby hub makes good sense. With the opening of IST a hub could be created that covers europe and India with NB's and is central for long haul flights to North America. The surviving airlines could make that work, DL or others could codeshare on their flights to IST, then their pax continue onto the Indian flights. A growth opportunity.

EY really needs to reinstate flights to AUH or they will take a large traffic hit. Also DXB needs a bunch of feeder flights, which Indian airline will step up into that space.

What is the condition of Jet's planes, any company that is in financial trouble tends to minimize maintenance. At least for the moment their NB's should lease well with the MAX groundings as capacity is needed. But as that ends I would think most airlines would rather pay more for a well maintained plane.

Supposedly, there is a pilot shortage there but Pilots stayed for months without pay, most would have jumped ship to a better opportunity.

winginit

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:42 pm

acavpics wrote:
samshik88 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

I know everyone likes to cheer on ATL as being able to make any route work but the fact is ATL-India hasn't worked yet for Delta and with TK and QR in the mix now out of ATL I really think that ATL-BOM would be a big money loser. Delta needs to go where the competition is thin and they have a lot of feed and pricing power plus a good O/D market to make India work and that isn't JFK or ATL

I agree... I think MSP might be a suitable candidate or even BOS. Not sure what else in the DL network would work at all. :bigthumbsup:

I think their JFK would triumph over MSP or BOS any day for an India flight.

With Jet out of the equation, I don't think a nonstop between the US and India makes sense for Delta from anywhere, but we're getting off topic going down that rabbit hole.
Last edited by winginit on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voxkel

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm

BA should consider 744 to BOM/DEL, and AI (if they have enough aircraft) should consider sending 77W to LHR again. Don't know why they switched to 788, even for 111/112 tbh.

I am also interested into what pans out for BOM-AMS. Do you think there will be any changes to the current KL service now?

Antarius

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Iluvtofly wrote:
Antarius wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
A fair question. So far used 77Ws haven't had much trouble finding a home. However, I believe this is enough additional 77Ws to suddenly hit the market, combined with A350 and 787 production, that the used pricing of 77Ws just took a hit.

I could see BA snapping them up. They just picked up a few more 77Ws and seem to be quite happy with them.

When did BA do this and from whom ?

They leased 3 new ones last year.
https://londonairtravel.com/2018/07/19/ ... g-777-300/

So my post was speculating based on their desire for some new frames, the top up order and Cruz's stated preference for used large widebodies (like the a380, at the right price)
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

ScottB

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm

behramjee wrote:
I don’t think 9Ws 77Ws will find homes easily because they are in a 3 class configuration and there are few airlines left now offering a F class cabin on board this aircraft type. It would be an expensive proposition for a dual class carrier like DL to reconfigure these B77Ws as per their cabin requirements.

However I feel 9Ws 4 A333s seating 293 pax ie 34J + 259Y should find homes very fast with preference given to an airline that would want to purchase all the jets together. I foresee DL and TK being the front runners for the 4 A333s.

Whether or not the aircraft currently have an F cabin would be immaterial to DL. DL would still reconfigure the aircraft so it offers a product consistent with the rest of their fleet. I think it's unlikely DL would take 9W's 77Ws simply because DL has no 77Ws at present. The A333s might have a challenge finding homes more because a fair number of used A330s are entering the market as carriers globally have started replacing them with A350s and 787s.

blr380 wrote:
I hope someone can answer this: 9W ran out of cash and nobody is willing to offer additional loans. So, how will the refunds be processed? Who pays for the refunds? Call center seems to be closed as well (I understand even they need to get paid).

Unfortunately, passengers holding 9W tickets are SOL unless there are local regulations which might entitle them to a refund from a credit card issuer in case services are not rendered. If 9W has no cash to buy fuel or pay salaries, they probably have no cash to issue refunds.

klm617 wrote:
I know everyone likes to cheer on ATL as being able to make any route work but the fact is ATL-India hasn't worked yet for Delta and with TK and QR in the mix now out of ATL I really think that ATL-BOM would be a big money loser. Delta needs to go where the competition is thin and they have a lot of feed and pricing power plus a good O/D market to make India work and that isn't JFK or ATL

The key for DL is that they have huge amounts of feed into ATL which TK and QR simply cannot access. DL can address demand to India (and they likely will implement some sort of cooperation with one of the still-standing players in the Indian domestic market) from across virtually all its North American market via ATL. TK and QR can leverage demand from their networks to... Atlanta.

And seriously, not everything is about DTW.

sergegva

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm

clickhappy wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
In the prior thread I estimated it was over-served by 50 to 70 aircraft just as it is now under-served by 50 to 70 aircraft. Growth is fast in India, so another 8 to 14 additional aircraft are needed every month. So while over 50 additional aircraft will serve the market by end of summer (mostly SpiceJet and Indigo), it will take, per my estimate, 15 to 24 months for the market to be correctly served.
Lightsaber

This quote doesn't make any sense. If the market was oversized by 50 aircraft, and then you take 50 aircraft away, you have achieved equilibrium.

If the market was truly overserved, replacing the lost capacity will once again make it overserved. Indian carriers should focus on yields before growth.

Jet Airways had 110 aircraft in service in the beginning of 2019, not 50.

jensona6

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Might be a little off-topic from current airline codeshare discussion, but here is a pic of the crew from last flight today at Amritsar, all happy faces :D , despite knowing their future might be at bleak. :cry:

jensona6

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 pm

jensona6 wrote:
Might be a little off-topic from current airline codeshare discussion, but here is a pic of the crew from last flight today at Amritsar, all happy faces :D , despite knowing their future might be at bleak. :cry:

Here's the proper link as the preview seems not to be available
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pVSmGw ... p=drivesdk

acavpics

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 pm

jensona6 wrote:
jensona6 wrote:

Whats with the black uniforms? I thought the female crew usually wear the bright yellow tops?

WPvsMW

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 pm

worldranger

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:43 pm

The best way for the majors to get into India is via DXB & EK.

I know it sounds crazy but it’s not.

It would be a formidable code share from say DL ATL-DXB. Not sure which of the US3s CEOs would have the mojo to make it happen but it could be packaged as a “after reviewing the books, we feel that EK & EK alone of the ME3 has complied with a non subsidized financial plan going fwd and we are excited to join in the growth potential...yada yada”

DXB ATL would be full and the best option. Stranger things have happened

lightsaber
Topic Author

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm

worldranger wrote:
The best way for the majors to get into India is via DXB & EK.

I know it sounds crazy but it’s not.

It would be a formidable code share from say DL ATL-DXB. Not sure which of the US3s CEOs would have the mojo to make it happen but it could be packaged as a “after reviewing the books, we feel that EK & EK alone of the ME3 has complied with a non subsidized financial plan going fwd and we are excited to join in the growth potential...yada yada”

DXB ATL would be full and the best option. Stranger things have happened

Please take discussion of major partners to a new thread. For DL:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420181&hilit=Who+is+SkyTeam%27s+new+partner+in+India%3F

Please feel free to start another thread speculating on EK. But otherwise, this is a Jet thread.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

dtw2hyd

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 pm

It appears 9W still has $140 Million debt on 10 x 77Ws. If owners can get these deregistered, they can be fixed and cabins refitted for another $6 Million each. Even if they sell at $30 Million/frame, not a bad deal.

Is it possible to negotiate a deal to give back like 4x77Ws in lieu of $140 Million debt and let Jet keep the rest?

F27500

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Its about TIME. This company has been a dangerous mess for a long time now. I feel very badly for all the emplpyees out of work now .. they are the victims of this company and its sleazy, inept management

The skies over India are safer now.

aemoreira1981

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 pm

nordikcam wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Additionally, the real question is of course how did Etihad make such a big mistake by buying 24% of these guys?

Etihad has no flair for choosing his friends (Air Berlin, Alitalia, Jet airways). Disaster on disaster...

The present day SAirGroup. That said, I see IndiGo desiring wide body aircraft sooner....A330 aircraft sooner until their own eventual order arrives? I say that because aside from the UK and Finnair, European carriers are ill suited to provide connections into India as they arrive around midnight (BA is double daily and AY arrives in the early morning).

The big question is if 6E will seek codeshares with European carriers.

As for LHR, I’d be surprised if B6 didn’t seek to lease them.

dtw2hyd

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:12 am

Obsession with widebodies played a major role for IT, AI and 9W troubles. One has to wait and see how UK handles its WB ops. The fun and joy end the day first WB joins the fleet. From crew training to logistics, it is a different ball game.

For a low-yield country like India, airlines should experiment long-haul with just narrowbodies. They should bet on MAX/797/NMA/NSA and A321LR/XLR.

juliuswong

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 am

acavpics wrote:
jensona6 wrote:
jensona6 wrote:

Whats with the black uniforms? I thought the female crew usually wear the bright yellow tops?

Those are JetLite/JetKonnect uniform designed by Italian fashion designer Roberto Capucci. The mainline service has the bright yellow top for ladies, and darker grey for gents.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

juliuswong

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
nordikcam wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Additionally, the real question is of course how did Etihad make such a big mistake by buying 24% of these guys?

Etihad has no flair for choosing his friends (Air Berlin, Alitalia, Jet airways). Disaster on disaster...

The present day SAirGroup. That said, I see IndiGo desiring wide body aircraft sooner....A330 aircraft sooner until their own eventual order arrives? I say that because aside from the UK and Finnair, European carriers are ill suited to provide connections into India as they arrive around midnight (BA is double daily and AY arrives in the early morning).

The big question is if 6E will seek codeshares with European carriers.

As for LHR, I’d be surprised if B6 didn’t seek to lease them.

No, as much attractive as long haul is, 6E has stated they are not in hurry to introduce widebody services, as they stack up their domestic services with old and new A320ceo. They are currently learning the A321 operation curve, 6E is much prudent compared to other players when it comes to market expansion, prefers to take safest approach when dealing with local government.

lutfi

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
It appears 9W still has $140 Million debt on 10 x 77Ws. If owners can get these deregistered, they can be fixed and cabins refitted for another $6 Million each. Even if they sell at $30 Million/frame, not a bad deal.

Is it possible to negotiate a deal to give back like 4x77Ws in lieu of $140 Million debt and let Jet keep the rest?

Possible, but very unlikely. If you had debt backed by 10 B77W, why would you agree to take a reduction at this point?

danipawa

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:18 am

AA and UA are getting frames from second market, so the 777W fleet could be an option for them

winginit

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:39 am

danipawa wrote:
AA and UA are getting frames from second market, so the 777W fleet could be an option for them

Current gen widebodies though? I'm unaware of any second-hand 77Ws in either UA or AA's fleet.

unrave

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 am

sunking737 wrote:
How fast will the leasing companies find homes for their 737's

Discussed at length here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1413267
(That thread is from before the MAX grounding)
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

flyer1225

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 am

acavpics wrote:
Here is a link to a picture from BLR in 2009. The front 3 tails are all of defunct airlines. :vomit: :vomit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4045985141

Actually, the first four - Paramount went under in 2010.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:50 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

It is possible for the banks to give Citibank the owed debt and they sell them. Otherwise Citibank will sell to the highest bidder, likely making a profit. I think EXIM is safe.

Lightsaber

Late edit:. This is like defaulting at year 4 of a 5 year car loan and the car is in good shape. You owe less than the vehicle is worth, but no refund. The vehicle is sold at auction. Win for the bank, Jet shouldn't have defaulted.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

SQ789

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:58 am

16 737's are heading to SpiceJet. Not sure the aircraft's serial number is.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:05 am

sergegva wrote:
clickhappy wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
In the prior thread I estimated it was over-served by 50 to 70 aircraft just as it is now under-served by 50 to 70 aircraft. Growth is fast in India, so another 8 to 14 additional aircraft are needed every month. So while over 50 additional aircraft will serve the market by end of summer (mostly SpiceJet and Indigo), it will take, per my estimate, 15 to 24 months for the market to be correctly served.
Lightsaber

This quote doesn't make any sense. If the market was oversized by 50 aircraft, and then you take 50 aircraft away, you have achieved equilibrium.

If the market was truly overserved, replacing the lost capacity will once again make it overserved. Indian carriers should focus on yields before growth.

Jet Airways had 110 aircraft in service in the beginning of 2019, not 50.

Yes. Then the market was over-served. Now it is under-served. There has also been growth, but masked by slow season. At the end of summer, I still predict the Indian market will be under-served.

Lightsaber

SCFlyer

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:12 am

Spiderguy252 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Ironically, Jet Airways would probably qualify as their `best` buy.

I'd probably say the part-ownership stake in Virgin Australia is EY's 'best' buy, despite VA's own problems they are at least recovering (despite the mutliple shareholders in VA and war-like board room structure where the larger shareholders have their own competing interests).

DTWLAX

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 am

Just looked up fares for LAX-BOM from June 7 - 24. AF/DL/KL are charging a ridiculous $4500 roundtrip for economy.
When I looked up fares a couple of days ago, they were charging around $2000. How are they expecting to fill Y with those fares?

juliuswong

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:30 am

Latest Update:
Boeing 737 -85R MSN 42804/ LN 5068 OE-ICY Avolon regd 16apr19 prior ferry ex HYD ex VT-JFY
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3

Another B737NG re-possessed.

vadodara

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

FSDan wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
Does AA have any potential partners in India?

BA flies from LHR to DEL, BOM, HYD, BLR, and MAA. That covers the biggest markets for AA.

Regarding 9W's collapse, I would tend to think that will make it less likely that DL will serve BOM nonstop. I think a big part of their gameplan was to be able to sell connections to lots of cities in India via BOM... Who knows, maybe the drop in capacity will encourage them to step in and make a play for the BOM-originating traffic. They should have some data regarding India-originating traffic that had been flying via LHR/CDG/AMS to various destinations in the U.S. via the 9W-DL-AF/KL partnership.

UA can make EWR-BOM/DEL work partly because of its catchment area (NY) plus connecting traffic.

Long before DL starts a non-stop from JFK/ATL, one can expect a non-stop either from ORD or SFO. End of connecting traffic at BOM just put-paid DL's India dreams.

acavpics

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 am

juliuswong wrote:
acavpics wrote:
jensona6 wrote:

Those are JetLite/JetKonnect uniform designed by Italian fashion designer Roberto Capucci. The mainline service has the bright yellow top for ladies, and darker grey for gents.

All this time I thought Jet Lite/Konnect merged back into 9W mainline in December 2014. Can someone explain what was actually up with the two subsidaries during Jet's last few years?

unrave

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

No. Banks will not take a hair cut on secured assets to help some very low yielding traffic take their cheap annual vacations to the motherland.

unrave

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:10 am

acavpics wrote:
All this time I thought Jet Lite/Konnect merged back into 9W mainline in December 2014. Can someone explain what was actually up with the two subsidaries during Jet's last few years?

JetKonnect was just a brand that the brilliant strategist NG conjured to take on the LCCs. It was a spectacular failure and was folded around 2012.
Jet Airways acquired a failing Indian carrier called Air Sahara in 2007 and renamed it as Jet Lite. It continued to operate under a separate AoC until yesterday's grounding.

9w748capt

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:26 am

DTWLAX wrote:
Just looked up fares for LAX-BOM from June 7 - 24. AF/DL/KL are charging a ridiculous $4500 roundtrip for economy.
When I looked up fares a couple of days ago, they were charging around $2000. How are they expecting to fill Y with those fares?

Wow that's a ridiculous question if I've ever seen one. Clearly if DL isnt offering $1300 fares on those dates then they've either sold out their discount fare buckets or they don't care because they could probably charge the same amount for a rt to CDG or AMS. You're talking about literally the peak of peak season.

VTCIE

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 am

unrave wrote:
acavpics wrote:

JetKonnect was just a brand that the brilliant strategist NG conjured to take on the LCCs. It was a spectacular failure and was folded around 2012.
Jet Airways acquired a failing Indian carrier called Air Sahara in 2007 and renamed it as Jet Lite. It continued to operate under a separate AoC until yesterday's grounding.

Surprisingly enough, Jet Airways’ final few 737 flights, operated by the non-wingletted 737-800 VT-SJI, all had S2 flight numbers. The JetKonnect brand, it seems, lasted until the final day. Flightradar24 (Archive)

jensona6 wrote:
jensona6 wrote:

Thank you very much for the picture. The smiles of the employees are hiding goodness knows how many emotions. I hope they all find jobs soon, and good ones.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

anshabhi

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:02 am

9W stock 40% down today

avier

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 am

An interesting read about Mr. Goyal and his ways of doing things..

Jet Airways Naresh Goyal's folly: How to crash a business
https://m.economictimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-naresh-goyals-folly-how-to-crash-a-business/articleshow/68930916.cms

Also Mods take note , this thread seems to be shifting focus to DL and typical American related aviation and how American carriers can grab left over slots of the grounded airline.

vrbarreto

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:27 am

Did anyone else get the 'blame everyone else for misfortunes' email?

It is with deep sadness and with a heavy heart that we would like to share with you that, effective immediately, Jet Airways will be suspending all its domestic and international operations.
Late last night we were informed by SBI, on behalf of the consortium of Indian lenders, that they are unable to consider our request for interim funding. Since no emergency funding from the lenders or any other source of funding was forthcoming, it would therefore not have been possible for us to pay for fuel or other critical services to keep the operations going.
Consequently, with immediate effect we are compelled to cancel all our domestic and international flights. This decision has been taken after painstaking evaluation of all alternatives and after receiving guidance and advice on the same from the Board of Directors of Jet Airways.
Over the last several weeks and months we have tried every means possible to seek funding, both interim as well as long term funding, to keep our operations going. Unfortunately, despite the very best of our efforts, we have been left with no other choice today.
A decision like this is never easy to make, but without the interim funding, which we have been repeatedly requesting for, we are simply unable to conduct flight operations in a manner that delivers to the very reasonable expectations of our guests, employees, partners and service providers.
After 25 years of sharing the Joy of Flying with Indian and international guests, Jet Airways and its Board of Directors have been forced to take this extreme measure, as prolonged and sustained efforts with lenders and authorities to ensure the sustainability of the airline did not yield the desired results.
But, tomorrow is another day and tomorrow provides us with new hope, new opportunity and new expectations. We know that India is better off with a flying Jet Airways, and so do our potential investors. With a smile on our face and pride in our hearts, we have become the flag-bearer of warm Indian hospitality the world over.
We have fueled India's economic engine enabling business travelers and tourists alike to traverse the world. Families and businesses have grown with Jet Airways and have come to love our people as much as our brand. Even in the toughest of times, we remain committed to putting you first and being committed to our Guest First philosophy.
We will now await the bid finalisation process by SBI and the consortium of Indian Lenders and will continue to support the bid process initiated by the lenders.
For assistance, essential services needed to support our guests and the re-commencement of the flight operations will be kept onboard until further notice.
Guests who are booked on our flights with travel on future dates will be informed via text message email or phone call to the contact details listed in the booking. Guests who are impacted by the temporary suspension of flight operations can click here to request for a refund for their confirmed bookings. In case you have booked through a travel agent, please reach out to your travel agent to process the refund.
We sincerely and profusely apologise for the disruption to your travel plans. We would like to thank you for your continued patronage, support and loyalty over the years.
We are hopeful that we will be able to bring the Joy of Flying back to you soon.
Yours sincerely,
Vinay Dube,
Chief Executive Officer

B747fanReal

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:29 am

vrbarreto wrote:

It is with deep sadness and with a heavy heart that we would like to share with you that, effective immediately, Jet Airways will be suspending all its domestic and international operations.
Late last night we were informed by SBI, on behalf of the consortium of Indian lenders, that they are unable to consider our request for interim funding. Since no emergency funding from the lenders or any other source of funding was forthcoming, it would therefore not have been possible for us to pay for fuel or other critical services to keep the operations going.
Consequently, with immediate effect we are compelled to cancel all our domestic and international flights. This decision has been taken after painstaking evaluation of all alternatives and after receiving guidance and advice on the same from the Board of Directors of Jet Airways.
Over the last several weeks and months we have tried every means possible to seek funding, both interim as well as long term funding, to keep our operations going. Unfortunately, despite the very best of our efforts, we have been left with no other choice today.
A decision like this is never easy to make, but without the interim funding, which we have been repeatedly requesting for, we are simply unable to conduct flight operations in a manner that delivers to the very reasonable expectations of our guests, employees, partners and service providers.
After 25 years of sharing the Joy of Flying with Indian and international guests, Jet Airways and its Board of Directors have been forced to take this extreme measure, as prolonged and sustained efforts with lenders and authorities to ensure the sustainability of the airline did not yield the desired results.
But, tomorrow is another day and tomorrow provides us with new hope, new opportunity and new expectations. We know that India is better off with a flying Jet Airways, and so do our potential investors. With a smile on our face and pride in our hearts, we have become the flag-bearer of warm Indian hospitality the world over.
We have fueled India's economic engine enabling business travelers and tourists alike to traverse the world. Families and businesses have grown with Jet Airways and have come to love our people as much as our brand. Even in the toughest of times, we remain committed to putting you first and being committed to our Guest First philosophy.
We will now await the bid finalisation process by SBI and the consortium of Indian Lenders and will continue to support the bid process initiated by the lenders.
For assistance, essential services needed to support our guests and the re-commencement of the flight operations will be kept onboard until further notice.
Guests who are booked on our flights with travel on future dates will be informed via text message email or phone call to the contact details listed in the booking. Guests who are impacted by the temporary suspension of flight operations can click here to request for a refund for their confirmed bookings. In case you have booked through a travel agent, please reach out to your travel agent to process the refund.
We sincerely and profusely apologise for the disruption to your travel plans. We would like to thank you for your continued patronage, support and loyalty over the years.
We are hopeful that we will be able to bring the Joy of Flying back to you soon.
Yours sincerely,
Vinay Dube,
Chief Executive Officer

Yes, I also got that

Sent from my iPhone XS MAX using Tapatalk

VTORD

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 am

avier wrote:
An interesting read about Mr. Goyal and his ways of doing things..

Jet Airways Naresh Goyal's folly: How to crash a business
https://m.economictimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-naresh-goyals-folly-how-to-crash-a-business/articleshow/68930916.cms

Also Mods take note , this thread seems to be shifting focus to DL and typical American related aviation and how American carriers can grab left over slots of the grounded airline.

Great read! Thanks for posting. Re shifting focus to DL etc., in all fairness it is a valid scenario with a decent capacity crunch on LHR, CDG and AMS.

Speaking of grabbing slots, I know SG, UK, 6E all added a bunch of new flights from BOM & DEL but how many BOM-DEL flights were added given the sudden shortfall? Sorry if I missed it in the other thread.

Also is it just me or have other posters noticed that "edealinfo" seems to have gone from post-a-minute to completely silent last 2 days!? :scratchchin:

Antarius

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:12 am

vrbarreto wrote:

Yours sincerely,
Vinay Dube,
Chief Executive Officer

It is horribly written as well. The sentence construction is akin to a 5th grader's writing assignment designed to include "big words" like patronage, consortium and forthcoming.

Pile of excuses layered into a consultant buzzword hogwash.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

Viman

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am

VTORD wrote:
Great read! Thanks for posting. Re shifting focus to DL etc., in all fairness it is a valid scenario with a decent capacity crunch on LHR, CDG and AMS.

Speaking of grabbing slots, I know SG, UK, 6E all added a bunch of new flights from BOM & DEL but how many BOM-DEL flights were added given the sudden shortfall? Sorry if I missed it in the other thread.

Also is it just me or have other posters noticed that "edealinfo" seems to have gone from post-a-minute to completely silent last 2 days!? :scratchchin:

"Bawli" is in shock but worry not he will come back swinging posting news a minute about probable bids for Jet.

mr02

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 am

What caused Jet airways to go under? I know debt is a factor but it can't be the only one.

anshabhi

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 am

mr02 wrote:
What caused Jet airways to go under? I know debt is a factor but it can't be the only one.

https://twitter.com/AnirbanET/status/11 ... 6445683712
Very in depth article explaining everything

Andy33

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 am

Iluvtofly wrote:
Antarius wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
A fair question. So far used 77Ws haven't had much trouble finding a home. However, I believe this is enough additional 77Ws to suddenly hit the market, combined with A350 and 787 production, that the used pricing of 77Ws just took a hit.

I could see BA snapping them up. They just picked up a few more 77Ws and seem to be quite happy with them.

When did BA do this and from whom ?

When did they do this? ordered 2018
From whom? Boeing (via leasing companies)
These are four planes that haven't even been built yet, not second-hand ones. Delivery late this year and early next.
Now back to Jet Airways....

himmat01

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 am

SoCalFlyer wrote:
Will Jetblue be able to acquire their AMS, and LHR slots? I know they’re looking and none were available, but now there’s going to be quite a few at AMS at least becoming available. Also how many slots did they have at LHR?

LHR slots were leased from Etihad. They will be used by EY,
An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.

marcogr12

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 am

behramjee wrote:
I don’t think 9Ws 77Ws will find homes easily because they are in a 3 class configuration and there are few airlines left now offering a F class cabin on board this aircraft type. It would be an expensive proposition for a dual class carrier like DL to reconfigure these B77Ws as per their cabin requirements.

However I feel 9Ws 4 A333s seating 293 pax ie 34J + 259Y should find homes very fast with preference given to an airline that would want to purchase all the jets together. I foresee DL and TK being the front runners for the 4 A333s.

Isn't AC also on the prowl for more used A333s? They need to replace the ageing 763s of their Rouge subsidiary and Air Transat needs to replace the A310s...And with the engine problems of the 787s, i think these A333s would be an excellent interim solution for many airlines, methinks
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

juliuswong

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 am

Getting rid of NG is only first move. The journey to recovery would be long and arduous.

God speed all employees, creditors and related families.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos