Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:56 am

Hey look, SpiceJet is the new Jet
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

avier

Re: Jet Airways: Shutdown

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:30 pm

unrave wrote:

Looking at the reg, seems like the premium heavy 737-900- VT-JGC. Wonder if it's reconfigured.

unnayan

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Jet 777 reverse herringbone business class seats would be a nice upgrade for AI passengers over their current B777 fleet..if 5 planes are indeed transferred to AI

unnayan

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:59 pm

unrave wrote:

Would the registration numbers change now or it will still fly at VT-JGC? What is the rule?

Jetty

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:14 pm

acavpics wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Is there a chance KL can start AMS-BLR now?

I've read that they don't have that many spare aircrafts at the moment. So I think it would be some time till will see them launch BLR. I think its more likely that they increase capacity to BOM first.

That is true. However there might be some flexibility still because if DL values transfer traffic to India via AMS they could take over some transatlantic flights creating capacity for KL to launch more India flights.

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm

1. SpiceJet will take anywhere between 30 and 40 of Jet's 737s, Air India will take 5 B77Ws and Air India Express will take some Boening 737.

2. Several of the aircraft will be WET LEASED from Jet (meaning Jet's crew will man the aircraft).

Read more at:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 972479.cms

danipawa

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Interesting, at least they removed the tail logo ? lol

pushpakvimaan

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Feel like NG is pulling some strings in background. This shall keep Jet company and their AOC alive

avier

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:57 pm

edealinfo wrote:

2. Several of the aircraft will be WET LEASED from Jet (meaning Jet's crew will man the aircraft).

That explains the extremely cheap stickers put by SpiceJet on those planes. Once MAX issues are sorted and deliveries resume, SG anyways wouldn't want the older variant NG's. They were always vocal about going full MAX ASAP due to lower cost of ops.
Only issue is pax are going to be confused.

CPS001

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Trujet hires 100 Jet pilots, engineers and corporate staff. To receive 3 ATRs in the coming months.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/busines ... e=inshorts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:39 pm

avier wrote:

That explains the extremely cheap stickers put by SpiceJet on those planes. Once MAX issues are sorted and deliveries resume, SG anyways wouldn't want the older variant NG's. They were always vocal about going full MAX ASAP due to lower cost of ops.
Only issue is pax are going to be confused.

I think SG passengers buy the ticket on price alone. Flying on a Jet plane with an extra leg room compared to SG-configured planes is a nice free upgrade. Who cares what's the branding inside or outside the aircraft when passengers are getting "more"?

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:48 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:
Feel like NG is pulling some strings in background. This shall keep Jet company and their AOC alive

Never underestimate the old well-connected man! He has already got the Congress (see the link below) and the unions to demand a CBI probe into why the banks didn't release the interim funding, in addition to floating the "conspiracy" theory in the media of various plotters trying to bring the company down. The Congress now call the whole Jet-issue a "scam" caused by the current government. Who Knows? this may pressure the Government into keeping a small version of jet still alive as a compromise and to "de-scam" it in the media.

The Spin Doctors are alive and well in India. Heck, I might even get a job there, ha ha.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 977737.cms

DTWLAX

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:00 pm

VTORD wrote:

I think we are getting off-topic but key phrase: if they are flying onwards to USA/CAN or other EU states

A passenger who falls in this category will always have a valid visa stamped in their passport so they don't need the transit visa. But.....

A passenger who is traveling from the US to India may or may not need one based on his current job status.

Eg., I am on H1B and work for company A in the US. My visa is valid up to 03/21/2019. My company renewed my visa beyond that date but I am traveling to India only after 04/01/2019, this means my visa has expired and I need to get a visa stamped in my PP at a US consulate/embassy. I would need a transit visa on my USA - India leg through any of those airports. The I-797A approval notice is no longer valid for travel but is valid for me to live and work in the US so long as I don't exit the country. This has been a major plus for the ME3 as they do not have this requirement.

VTORD - You need to update yourself. This was the case before, not anymore. And I can say that for sure because I was in the same situation as you with the expired H-1B visa but transited through those airports without any issue.

No transit visa required at all for AMS and CDG. CDG got rid of the rule in July 2018. See links below:
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/travel ... ansit-visa - Click on the link of countries that require a transit visa. Exemptions are applicable only for countries on the list and India is not even on the list. So you are good there.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/i ... in-france/ - France has completely abolished the transit visa rule for Indians. I can vouch for that because I traveled through CDG in October 2018 with an expired H-1B visa with no problem.
https://www.germany-visa.org/airport-transit-visa/ - Germany states you can transit through FRA and MUC if you have a valid or expired visa issued by the US.

Hope this clears things for you.

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Subramanian Swamy, the King of Conspiracy Theories, said, "Two Ministers are manipulating sale of Jet Airways spoils to Spice Jet whose real owners I will reveal later. Only above board option GOI has is amalgam of Jet with Air India since Bilaterals on airspace involves Govt" . [Ironically the merger of Jet and Air India.....is the one that favors Reliance since they floated that option]. In the end, it's all about the spoils of (business) war to be decided by business groups and politicians who are the real players................. and vendors, lessors, the customers and the public, are mere spectators.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 19157.html

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:03 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Subramanian Swamy, the King of Conspiracy Theories, said, "Two Ministers are manipulating sale of Jet Airways spoils to Spice Jet whose real owners I will reveal later. Only above board option GOI has is amalgam of Jet with Air India since Bilaterals on airspace involves Govt" . [Ironically the merger of Jet and Air India.....is the one that favors Reliance since they floated that option]. In the end, it's all about the spoils of (business) war to be decided by business groups and politicians who are the real players................. and vendors, lessors, the customers and the public, are mere spectators.

SEPARATELY, I wonder who the secret owners of SpiceJet are. There are also rumors in the press that a a former NCP aviation minister from Maharashta is a secret owner of Indigo.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 19157.html

DTWLAX

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:05 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:

Do you have any source for this?

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:06 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
No transit visa required at all for AMS and CDG. CDG got rid of the rule in July 2018. See links below:
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/travel ... ansit-visa - Click on the link of countries that require a transit visa. Exemptions are applicable only for countries on the list and India is not even on the list. So you are good there.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/i ... in-france/ - France has completely abolished the transit visa rule for Indians. I can vouch for that because I traveled through CDG in October 2018 with an expired H-1B visa with no problem.
https://www.germany-visa.org/airport-transit-visa/ - Germany states you can transit through FRA and MUC if you have a valid or expired visa issued by the US.

It has already been established that CDG, FRA, MUC, and AMS don't need transit visas. The airport for which clarification is sought, because of ambiguity, is LHR.

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:08 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
pushpakvimaan wrote:

Do you have any source for this?

The expression that "strings are being pulled in the background" implies that it is secretive. So, obviously, you won't have open sources.

unrave

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm

In essence, a conspiracy theory

DTWLAX

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:30 pm

edealinfo wrote:
DTWLAX wrote:

It has already been established that CDG, FRA, MUC, and AMS don't need transit visas. The airport for which clarification is sought, because of ambiguity, is LHR.

There is no ambiguity about LHR. If you go to the gov.uk and answer all questions regarding a need for transit visa, it states very clearly after the exemptions that "all visas and residence permits must be valid."
Travel agents create most of the confusion with their lack of complete information.

Spiderguy252

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:43 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:

What's the point, when the strings don't lead to anything anymore?
Vahroone

lightsaber
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm

edealinfo wrote:
1. SpiceJet will take anywhere between 30 and 40 of Jet's 737s, Air India will take 5 B77Ws and Air India Express will take some Boening 737.

Read more at:

The wet lease part is facinating. If you find more links on it, please post them.

I'm curious how Jet employees are compensated.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

sand26391

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 pm

I wonder who will take the 2x BLR-SIN & 2 daily AMS slots of Jet Airways (considering 9W isn't taking off anytime soon). Fingers crossed & hope for the best.

acavpics

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

sand26391 wrote:
I wonder who will take the 2x BLR-SIN & 2 daily AMS slots of Jet Airways (considering 9W isn't taking off anytime soon). Fingers crossed & hope for the best.

The SIA group (SQ/Scoot/Silk) could increase capacity or have have Vistara operate a flight on the route.

If not, I could see 6E doing BLR since most of their current routes over there seem to be doing good. The only other remote possibility would be AI (mainline). But given their financial situation, I'm not sure if this would really help them.

B7378E9

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Heard that IndiGo was having pilot shortage for ATR ops? They can recruit the 9W ATR pilots and crew

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:52 pm

The Times of India has reported that Air India Express will hire 50 Jet “commanders” of which 20 have already been hired. There is no intent at present to hire Jet copilots

yashk

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 pm

AI is looking at Jet's five B777s, B737s for AI Express and may even consider the widebody Airbus A330.
In all, AI may take 10 to 12 of Jet's planes and SpiceJet may take a few more in the coming weeks.
To operate these planes, AI and SpiceJet will take aircraft with operating crew from Jet.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 961225.cms

This is surprising - AI looking at Airbus A330!

dtw2hyd

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Can't wait to see AI planes being repoed at LHR and other places. Just because of SBI agrees to lease these to AI, 9W's other dues won't disappear. Vendors will be eagerly waiting with backhoes.

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:40 pm

yashk wrote:
AI is looking at Jet's five B777s, B737s for AI Express and may even consider the widebody Airbus A330.
In all, AI may take 10 to 12 of Jet's planes and SpiceJet may take a few more in the coming weeks.
To operate these planes, AI and SpiceJet will take aircraft with operating crew from Jet.

Wow, It is administratively easier for Air India, to lease planes from Jet than to get spare parts for its 2 B77W, 4 787, and a whopping 13 (yes,13) 737 that are currently not flying. Only in India!

VolvoBus

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 pm

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Read more at:

The wet lease part is facinating. If you find more links on it, please post them.

I'm curious how Jet employees are compensated.

Lightsaber

I think you must mean 'how will Jet's crews be compensated' as they are not being currently.

The lease part is certainly fascinating. My understanding is that all B737's are leased, and that the lessors are in the process of repossessing. I would imagine that the lease would require the lessor's agreement to either a transfer or assignment of the lease, or a sub-lease,so that might prove problematical.

The B77w's look even more entertaining. I believe that these are owned by Jet, with a charge to Citibank, securing the purchase loan - I seem to recall US$ 140M outstanding being quoted. While SBI may be being used as shorthand for the consortium of Indian lenders acting for Jet,over whom they have taken management control (which in itself opens another can of worms), I doubt whether Citibank (or guarantor Exim Bank ) would be enthusiastic. Bear in mind that one has already been impounded at AMS,and operating them into the EU would leave open the possibility of similar action. Depending on the structure of the borrowing, there might not be any 777Ws left to lease.

It was also interesting to see blrsea's link to the article setting out the gross borrowings,as opposed to the net figures always quoted before.

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Don’t say TATA (bye) as yet....

live mint.com is reporting that the Tata’s are working towards a bid .,,,

1. “The Tata group may revive a bid to acquire Jet Airways only if the airline goes to the bankruptcy court”.
2. “The Tata group feels that there is need for a complete overhaul of Jet’s contracts with all third parties. This, apart from Goyal’s continuity in Jet Airways, were the two key contentious issues then."
3. “At the time the Tata group pulled back from talks with Jet Airways, Goyal wanted a minimum four-year moratorium on vendor contracts, along with a clawback option to raise his stake in the future, which was unacceptable to the Tata group“

Isn’t it fishy that Naresh wanted a 4 yer moratorium on going after vendor contracts?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 36921.html

edealinfo

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm

acavpics wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

The SIA group (SQ/Scoot/Silk) could increase capacity or have have Vistara operate a flight on the route.

If not, I could see 6E doing BLR since most of their current routes over there seem to be doing good. The only other remote possibility would be AI (mainline). But given their financial situation, I'm not sure if this would really help them.

Singapore Airlines Group has exhausted all its bilateral entitlements to Indian metros so that can’t do BLR to SIN. Tata’s Vistara can’t do it because they continue to be asleep at the wheels and won’t have any new aircraft coming in until June 2019, at which point it is too late. So, either SpiceJet, Indigo or Air India will go after that slot.

Antarius

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 pm

edealinfo wrote:
acavpics wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

Singapore Airlines Group has exhausted all its bilateral entitlements to Indian metros so that can’t do BLR to SIN. Tata’s Vistara can’t do it because they continue to be asleep at the wheels and won’t have any new aircraft coming in until June 2019, at which point it is too late. So, either SpiceJet, Indigo or Air India will go after that slot.

So far, the only airline that has managed to successfully expand rapidly has been 6E. SG damn nearly collapsed, AI is a perennial clown-show basket case and 9W is now gone.

Blindly rushing into things isnt a recipe for success.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

acavpics

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 am

Antarius wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
acavpics wrote:

So far, the only airline that has managed to successfully expand rapidly has been 6E. SG damn nearly collapsed, AI is a perennial clown-show basket case and 9W is now gone.

SG's near collapse was in 2015, and since then, it has rebounded pretty darn fast and strong. They too have been expanding pretty fast, just not as fast as 6E. And even though AI is still in losses/debt, we've still seen them expand their route network and improve services during the last couple of years

AngMoh

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 am

edealinfo wrote:
acavpics wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

Why would SQ expand SIN-BLR-SIN? They have one SQ evening/night flight as well as an MI day flight, and from 17 May an additional SQ weekend day flight. At the same time they are terminating the Scoot flight mid May. And they are upgauging the flights from 777-200 (266 seats) to A350-900 regional (303 seats). Why rush in like a mad man? I am pretty sure no business would risk flying Jet the last couple of months anyway, so there will be hardly any additional demand today which was not already filled the last couple of months.
727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 742 743 744 752 753 762 772 77E 773 77W 788 A300 A310 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A345 A346 A359 A35K A388 DC-9 DC-10 MD11 MD81 MD82 MD87 F70 ERJ145 E170 E175 E190 E195 ATR72 Q400 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 BAE146 RJ85

pushpakvimaan

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:01 am

yashk wrote:

The idea of "pulling strings" comes from these actions by AI. Why AI need to look at A330 ? This is the same company which decided not to convert to B787-9 since the engineering team felt this will add to an Increase in type of aircraft to be maintained. If AI was so shot of aircraft, they could have fixed their own and flew it in their own livery to the destinations they are planning.
I am finding this fishy so suggested that something is happening in background to keep AOC alive

VTORD

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 am

DTWLAX wrote:
VTORD - You need to update yourself. This was the case before, not anymore. And I can say that for sure because I was in the same situation as you with the expired H-1B visa but transited through those airports without any issue.

I stand corrected I guess! Thanks for clarifying. TBH haven't really bothered to keep up cos EK works just fine for me by putting me in AMD directly v transiting via BOM. Or I just take UA 48/49 stopping over in EWR if I have to make BOM my final destination. Back to topic :D

VTORD

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 am

pushpakvimaan wrote:
Why AI need to look at A330 ?

The question is why AI need to be looking at leasing ANY wide-bodies at all. They can't fully utilize the ones they have but want to lease from outside. Maybe they want to cannibalize these and get their own planes in the air. They are AI so nothing will surprise me TBH.

juliuswong

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 am

Updates 22 April 2019:
Boeing 737-8BK MSN 29685/ LN 2457 OE-IDD CIT Aerospace Registered 17 Apr 19, parked at HYD (+ 42799/4984 OE-IBY Chatsworth Aviation Ltd ex VT-JFW) ex VT-JTC
Boeing 737-85R MSN 42804/ LN 5068 OE-ICY Avolon Registered 16 Apr 19 prior ferry ex HYD ex VT-JFY
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3

Three more NG repossessed.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

Antarius

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 am

acavpics wrote:
Antarius wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

SG's near collapse was in 2015, and since then, it has rebounded pretty darn fast and strong. They too have been expanding pretty fast, just not as fast as 6E. And even though AI is still in losses/debt, we've still seen them expand their route network and improve services during the last couple of years

I had a longer reply, but i figured it is not worth the effort if you think Air India is somehow succeeding as an airline. Their losses continue unabated.
Last edited by Antarius on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

aemoreira1981

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 am

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Additional developments:

1. "Ministry of Finance has decided to waive a mandatory customs requirement, which needs Jet Airways' grounded planes in India to be first be sent to the country of registration of their lessors and then fly them back to India before they can be used by other carriers."

2. Air India Chairman met with SBI Chairman to discuss leasing 5 777W's . Air India Express may also take some 737s. In all, AI may take 10 to 12 of Jet's planes in the future. The 77Ws are intended to be operated on the following routes using "Jet's slots": Mumbai-London-Mumbai, Delhi-London-Delhi, Mumbai-Dubai-Mumbai, Delhi-Dubai-Delhi, Delhi-Singapore-Delhi" [I guess the Air India CEO isn't informed, as we are, that Jet already lost its London slots to Etihad and Virgin]. Shame on the Air India Chairman for not knowing this critical information.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/co ... 38860.html

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 72015.html

Either EY is willing to lease slots to AI or something is off. Why does everyone seem to treat what Jet leased as theirs? Cest la vie.

Personally, I think some is grandstanding to get PR. Nothing wrong with that...

The customs rule is interesting... Silly, but interesting.

Lightsaber

It might also be that the lessors want to make money and there is a need for capacity now. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 9W planes just have SpiceJet titles and registrations slapped on them if they can fly. As for the 777s, they would likely be on different routes as AI is 3-3-3 and 9W was 3-4-3.

edealinfo

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 pm

More rats leaving a sinking ship:
https://www.thehindu.com/business/Indus ... 910249.ece

Jet's stock falls 20% to Rs 132 (my view is that it should be in the Rs 10 to 20 range, in the best case scenario, and this is being generous)
https://www.ndtv.com/business/jet-airwa ... at-2026617

Jet will be bogged down with legal cases, with random creditors, threatening to drag it to NCLAT
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 983407.cms

edealinfo

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:50 pm

1. SpiceJet to bring in 50 planes (45 737s and 5 Q400) to go after BOM and DEL slots. They have totally outmaneuvered the competition by moving really, really fast.

2. AirAsia India, which was to induct seven planes during the current fiscal has decided to induct 14, five of them in July.

3. Indigo to bring in 1 new plane every week.

4. Vistara to bring in 20 planes versus the previous plan of 12.

5. AirAsia to bring in 14 planes versus the previous plan of 7.

6. GoAir to bring in 10 planes versus the previous plan of 0.

The link below also has a nice cool chart.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 983278.cms

edealinfo

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:51 pm

edealinfo wrote:
1. SpiceJet to bring in 50 planes (45 737s and 5 Q400) to go after BOM and DEL slots. They have totally outmaneuvered the competition by moving really, really fast.

2. AirAsia India, which was to induct seven planes during the current fiscal has decided to induct 14, five of them in July. [The previous plan was to bring in 7 aircraft]

3. Indigo to bring in 1 new plane every week.

4. Vistara to bring in 20 planes versus the previous plan of 12.

5. GoAir to bring in 10 planes versus the previous plan of 0.

6. Air India has a whopping 25 planes that are grounded for lack of spares! They hope to get some in the air in October 2019.

The link below also has a nice cool chart.

SUPERB ARTICLE FROM ECONOMIC TIMES: Kudos!
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 983278.cms

lightsaber
Topic Author

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:54 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Additional developments:

1. "Ministry of Finance has decided to waive a mandatory customs requirement, which needs Jet Airways' grounded planes in India to be first be sent to the country of registration of their lessors and then fly them back to India before they can be used by other carriers."

2. Air India Chairman met with SBI Chairman to discuss leasing 5 777W's . Air India Express may also take some 737s. In all, AI may take 10 to 12 of Jet's planes in the future. The 77Ws are intended to be operated on the following routes using "Jet's slots": Mumbai-London-Mumbai, Delhi-London-Delhi, Mumbai-Dubai-Mumbai, Delhi-Dubai-Delhi, Delhi-Singapore-Delhi" [I guess the Air India CEO isn't informed, as we are, that Jet already lost its London slots to Etihad and Virgin]. Shame on the Air India Chairman for not knowing this critical information.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/co ... 38860.html

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 72015.html

Either EY is willing to lease slots to AI or something is off. Why does everyone seem to treat what Jet leased as theirs? Cest la vie.

Personally, I think some is grandstanding to get PR. Nothing wrong with that...

The customs rule is interesting... Silly, but interesting.

Lightsaber

It might also be that the lessors want to make money and there is a need for capacity now. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 9W planes just have SpiceJet titles and registrations slapped on them if they can fly. As for the 777s, they would likely be on different routes as AI is 3-3-3 and 9W was 3-4-3.

SpiceJet is indeed just slapping on labels for now. What I wonder is if they might keep a few 737s equipped with fat daddy seats as part of their international flying. I believe Jet was giving more to passengers than they were willing to pay for; hence the bankruptcy. I speculate SpiceJet will reduce the front cabin size and compress Y pitch to what the market will pay for. However, it takes time to aquire seats, so for busy season use as is.

As I noted before, eventually market growth will allow all of Jet's capacity to be replaced. I am amazed how proactive SpiceJet has been. Good for them.

I believe, due to lack of bilateral expansion, India will remain short of international capacity for even longer than my prior predictions. So SpiceJet being the replacement for Jet connection at DXB is a long term win.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

JOYA380B747

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Well AI is not unfamiliar with the A330 type. However their seemingly stupid WB addition move has to do with something that GOI is making it do. It has to be. The airline officials can't be this dumb!
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:49 pm

So what is going on with the sale/investment process of Jet? Is it over? The banks asked for EOI and then the process goes silent. So odd.

unrave

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:53 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So what is going on with the sale/investment process of Jet? Is it over? The banks asked for EOI and then the process goes silent. So odd.

Bids are due by May 10.

edealinfo

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm

More Indigo flights from DEL. It looks like Spicejet, Indigo and others are going after DEL and BOM slots in a systematic way since other competitors will be doing the same. For now, it seems to be first come first served.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 14360.html

edealinfo

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 pm

80% Write Off Required for Etihad Bid

I think this is going to be tricky, politically. Banks are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they don't write off 80%, likely no bids and they could lose 100% and evoke Jet employees' wrath. If they do write off 80%, there would be CBI inquiry, legal cases, media reports on a sell out to foreigners, etc.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 34066.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos