I love that now on this thread if you dare take sympathy on NG (even though you might have railed against him in the past), you are a fanboy.
It's not the question of sympathy for NG. Let the law takes it own course.
It's throwing a fit by some, just because NG was denied permission to go abroad and insinuating that there is NO rule of law is the issue.
Basically if your view isn’t that SpiceJet is a great airline, their leader was brilliant in grabbing Jet’s BOM slots and India is on the cusp of a golden period of aviation then you are persona non grata or a foreigner (don’t know which is worse here anymore). Jeez guys. Why is it so annoying to you that some of us liked flying Jet. I am totally not annoyed that you hated Jet.
You can like whatever you want. You are incorrectly accusing of "HATE". I never hated Jet. Though last 2 personal experiences were conduct unbecoming of Jet. Had a lot of pleasant experiences before.
The annoyance is because Jet and BOM are not our preferences :
- We don't value our time
- We care for cheap tickets only
- Our convenience is of NO consequence.
- Aviation in India should revolve around BOM/DEL only
- One should bear transit through the inconvenience called BOM and admire the arts and terminal at 2 in the night
- ME3 giving convenience to smaller and secondary cities is disaster for Aviation in India
- Jet is not saved that means it's crony capitalism or else India is NK
- EK should be forced to cut down frequency at BOM, to suit Jet.
- BOM market does NOT have cheap fares , whereas I have ONLY seen $500 RTs to BOM only
are the issues.
Jet offered me good service and tons of options from BOM-EU plus a sky team connection. To each their own. I am also not a fanboy nor think Jet was a well run airline. I just lament that there is no airline in india today that is well enough run that they can even come close to take the place on Jet.
Yes no, other airline. That does not mean Jet should be saved. If it's business failure, let it fail.
Plus the crony capitalism of both Jet and Spice is What hurts indian aviation IMHO. Look at responses above. No one has actually built a case as to why Spice is a great airline and not benefitting from favoritism. If the fact that we are not based in India your strongest counter point, well...
Never claimed Spice is a great. But in general it seems that if Spice gets anything more than 0 slots, despite the fact that they are more i position to leverage from Jet planes, Spice is benefiting from favoritism.
P.S. - I'm NOT based in India.