User001

Re: Jet Airways: Shutdown

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:37 am

trinidadeG wrote:
User001 wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
Just my 2p.

BOM-MAN was one of 9W's weaker long haul flights (the other being MAA-CDG) compared to the AMS and LHR flights ex BOM. 9W could only make BOM-MAN work because of VS's strong presence at MAN and 9Ws strong presence at BOM - The flight funnelled many India-US two stop itineraries from Indian Tier II cities on a single PNR apart from serving a small O/D (presumably Indian VFR) market.

UK doesn't have that kind of network out of BOM now. I doubt they ever will go beyond serving only the current "top 10-15 city pairs" from BOM. Hence, If at all UK wanted to attempt MAN, they'd more likely do it from their hub in DEL.

Others have already posted why a UK-VS tie-up is not the most likely of scenarios, given that UK has a code-share relationship with BA.

But you need to remember it was only a few months old when Jet folded the newest routes are always the 'weakest', and when you consider the pedigree of cities Jet served Long Haul wise (LHR/CDG etc) of course it was going to be the 'weakest'.

I was replying in the context of your question, "why not MAN..?", and your statement "Jet has proved...".

Jet did not prove anything on BOM-MAN, IMO. They were merely attempting to make that city pair work because they had support from VS (w.r.t onward US/NA traffic) to supplement India-UK O/D to fill their A332.
I believe that, simply because 9W attempted the route before they folded, doesn't mean that other airlines will now jump at the idea of flying BOM-MAN, even if we consider that the route was only a few months old.

In the case of AMS-BLR, o.t.o.h, I think the fact that KLM has decided to fly the route on their own metal suggests that Jet indeed proved the market existed.

Ok, so,

Point one. It’s worth pointing out this route was not supported by VS initially, the codeshare came well after the route started, and it certainly wasn’t the point of the route starting up. One of the purposes of the route was due to Manchester firms working with Indian tech firms and giving them the links required. There were plenty of news articles online at the time verifying this point.

Secondly, referring to the point of KLM reopening a route from AMs is not a fair comparason. You are talking about the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city, so very easy for them to do. MAN doesn’t have a large, home based hub airline and is not the UKs biggest city, so, probably needs a foreign airline to open such a route. VS is realistically the only U.K. airline that could start a route to BOM, but is very fleet constrained and only has 6 aircraft at MAN, so, comparing them to KLM isn’t a valid comparason to be honest.

But, as I have pointed out, this forum was full of naysayers before Jet started MAN and thus we can’t take anyone’s opinions as gospel.

trinidadeG

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:12 pm

User001 wrote:
You are talking about the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city, so very easy for them to do. MAN doesn’t have a large, home based hub airline and is not the UKs biggest city, so, probably needs a foreign airline to open such a route.

In the same vein, this "foreign airline" would also benefit if it launched from its "Home base" right? No FSC currently has a base in BOM like 9W used to (but DEL does have Vistara and Air India) which is why I offered that MAN-BOM may not be resurrected that easily by other carriers.

Also, CDG is the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city too. I suppose launching CDG-MAA is also "very easy" for AF and we should be hearing an announcement pretty soon??

User001

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 pm

trinidadeG wrote:
User001 wrote:
You are talking about the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city, so very easy for them to do. MAN doesn’t have a large, home based hub airline and is not the UKs biggest city, so, probably needs a foreign airline to open such a route.

In the same vein, this "foreign airline" would also benefit if it launched from its "Home base" right? No FSC currently has a base in BOM like 9W used to (but DEL does have Vistara and Air India) which is why I offered that MAN-BOM may not be resurrected that easily by other carriers.

Also, CDG is the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city too. I suppose launching CDG-MAA is also "very easy" for AF and we should be hearing an announcement pretty soon??

Well, in terms of CDG, we will just have to wait and see won't we? Just because it wasn't resurrected instantly doesn't mean it wont come come back, sometimes you can't just click your fingers to be done instantly.

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Antarius wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
sibibom wrote:
So I think the officially end is upon us....

End of the runway for Jet Airways as Etihad, Hinduja baulk

Hinduja halts negotiations, Etihad shelves plan to increase its investment
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad was earlier keen to save its investment in Jet Airways, but now that plan is on the back burner

source : https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 63307.html

You got to give the Government points for it brilliant strategy. First, it gives permission for banks to make a deal (so no one can blame the Government for its lack of effort), but at the same time it ensures that Jet is embroiled in various investigations so no one could reasonably invest without taking on a major risk. A light bulb just went on at the Hindujas, who earlier couldn't see the writing on the wall. Game,set , match to Ajay Singh of Spicejet who brilliantly leveraged his political connections, and his business acumen, to capitalize on Jet's downfall.

*takes tin foil off* Or.....9W is a financial mess and people decide is not worth reviving.

There is a reason this thread is predominantly 2 posters now spouting barely literate and clearly not researched tripe. The echo chamber of incorrect nonsense is tiring.

Source, or stop. Otherwise, call it what it is - this is a non-aviation opinion thread and it should be moved.

Antarius - what don't you agree with? Counter the points you disagree with rather than attack the poster. Do you think that Spice did not use their political connections? I think there is enough press reports to conclude that (this is not a trail btw where we have to process beyond a reasonable doubt - and India has a much lower standard than beyond a reasonable doubt anyway). Even if Spice did, people are just lamenting it. No one is crying bloody murder. Is it so wrong to want India's business and financial regulations to function more strictly to rules/laws? Anyway, I think everyone on this board knows how Indian aviation works so unclear why we have to hide it. Just go back to posts year upon year. There have been a lot of people who have said the same (so focusing on two people really doesn't capture the broader view on anet).

One of your points I would like to challenge though. You said the Jet rescue failed because of Jet's financial state. I have not seen press reports or quotes for bidders to suggest that. When you buy a company that is being liquidated by the banks, you are asking for restructuring of debt form banks and key vendors. So the past financial mismanagement is only relevant if the new buyers don't see a new management option. All the press reports indicate that the issue bidders have with Jet is the bank and vendor debt restructuring and the GOI indemnifying them from any criminal act that NG or the old management has done (this is super super normal when buying the company). That is why EY has been saying to NG in the new Jet. Please point out one press article that bidders pointed out that Jet was such a mess it could not be saved. Their demands all seemed directed in the two areas I pointed out.

Finally, what ever you might believe or want wrt Jet, I think we can all agree that this year long saga (or however long it has been) has been a joke by all parties. NG looks horrible but the banks and GOI look like they are bumbling along with no real way to restructure large companies without being accused of favoritism. Finally Indian aviation looks bad as once agin there has been very little calls for the GOI to change laws / taxation to propel aviation. It is like all the airlines and unions know they have to go along with the GOI on some level. No one dares really dissenting in a meaningful way. So odd to many of us.

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:39 pm

User001 wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
User001 wrote:

But you need to remember it was only a few months old when Jet folded the newest routes are always the 'weakest', and when you consider the pedigree of cities Jet served Long Haul wise (LHR/CDG etc) of course it was going to be the 'weakest'.

I was replying in the context of your question, "why not MAN..?", and your statement "Jet has proved...".

Jet did not prove anything on BOM-MAN, IMO. They were merely attempting to make that city pair work because they had support from VS (w.r.t onward US/NA traffic) to supplement India-UK O/D to fill their A332.
I believe that, simply because 9W attempted the route before they folded, doesn't mean that other airlines will now jump at the idea of flying BOM-MAN, even if we consider that the route was only a few months old.

In the case of AMS-BLR, o.t.o.h, I think the fact that KLM has decided to fly the route on their own metal suggests that Jet indeed proved the market existed.

Ok, so,

Point one. It’s worth pointing out this route was not supported by VS initially, the codeshare came well after the route started, and it certainly wasn’t the point of the route starting up. One of the purposes of the route was due to Manchester firms working with Indian tech firms and giving them the links required. There were plenty of news articles online at the time verifying this point.

Secondly, referring to the point of KLM reopening a route from AMs is not a fair comparason. You are talking about the home base of a hub airline in the countries biggest city, so very easy for them to do. MAN doesn’t have a large, home based hub airline and is not the UKs biggest city, so, probably needs a foreign airline to open such a route. VS is realistically the only U.K. airline that could start a route to BOM, but is very fleet constrained and only has 6 aircraft at MAN, so, comparing them to KLM isn’t a valid comparason to be honest.

But, as I have pointed out, this forum was full of naysayers before Jet started MAN and thus we can’t take anyone’s opinions as gospel.

Oh I think VS had a big part to do with the route starting. Main reason for the route was that BOM-MAN was underserved. That said, there probably wasn't enough premium traffic to support the route year round if operated only by VS or 9W. Together, VS and 9W brought MAN and BOM/India based corporate clients to the table as well as their FF bases. Add to that VS's need for lift to fill seats to NA and you saw the route launch. It is pretty clear to me that KL, AF and VS were all angling for lift from India. 9W needed cheap EU-US seats to compete against the ME3. They were also coordinating. So fill say BOM-MAN with JFK bound pax and use BOM-AMS for cities not served out of MAN or LHR (just as an example). I think it was a great strategy. Now I wish 9W and DL could have replicated what AI has done in DEL with nonstops and overfly the EU for the most part. But that was not to be (and I understand why).

unrave

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:39 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:

NG looks horrible but the banks and GOI look like they are bumbling along with no real way to restructure large companies without being accused of favoritism.

Sorry, the banks and GOI have done a fantastic job so far. Not every company is worth saving.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:12 pm

unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

NG looks horrible but the banks and GOI look like they are bumbling along with no real way to restructure large companies without being accused of favoritism.

Sorry, the banks and GOI have done a fantastic job so far. Not every company is worth saving.

The banks are basically going to recover $0 that is ZERO. The banks and govt of Germany was able to sell of the pieces of Air Berlin (where Air Berlin wasn't even a player). The Indian banks achieved nothing other than a give away of slots to Spice. Great job? And once again selling the pieces is not saving the company or a bailout. It is saving the banks. You keep conflating the two, and I don't understand why you can't understand the difference other than to ape the same story line.

unrave

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

The banks are basically going to recover $0 that is ZERO. The banks and govt of Germany was able to sell of the pieces of Air Berlin (where Air Berlin wasn't even a player). The Indian banks achieved nothing other than a give away of slots to Spice. Great job? And once again selling the pieces is not saving the company or a bailout. It is saving the banks. You keep conflating the two, and I don't understand why you can't understand the difference other than to ape the same story line.

You know what is worse than recovering ZERO? Throwing even more money at the airline and deepening their losses.
You seem to think Air Berlin was a great example of asset sale. That is because Air Berlin owned some assets in the first place. Jet owns none. NIL. NADA. What do you sell when you don't own anything? That's right. Nothing. And if you find time do compare the final financial statements of the two airlines. You'll find that Jet was in much deeper hole.
I stick to my stand: The banks and the GoI have so far done a stellar job of handling the Jet crisis.

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:

You know what is worse than recovering ZERO? Throwing even more money at the airline and deepening their losses.
You seem to think Air Berlin was a great example of asset sale. That is because Air Berlin owned some assets in the first place. Jet owns none. NIL. NADA. What do you sell when you don't own anything? That's right. Nothing. And if you find time do compare the final financial statements of the two airlines. You'll find that Jet was in much deeper hole.
I stick to my stand: The banks and the GoI have so far done a stellar job of handling the Jet crisis.

Hard assets are not the only thing that people buy. Jet had established routes at established times and forward bookings etc. They also had trained employees, catering, baggage handling etc etc (even if they are contract workers they operate with training and a standard across their network). In Air Berlin's case, you had airlines take over routes and LH pay to then shut down the routes. And once again when you buy this is a liquidation sale, debt usually does not transfer. If you bought a house for Rs 10,000,000 with a Rs 5m montage but then the house value crashed to Rs 1M and then you abandon the home. The bank will sell the house for Rs1m and take a Rs4m loss. The new owner would not then be responsible for the Rs4m. As far as throwing more money at it, that is each individual bank's call based on the capitalization of the new entity. There doesn't seem to be an issue with new loans to a new buyer (I haven't read anything about that). The issue is all around creating a new Jet with manageable debt and vendor obligations as well as free from GOI criminal charges based on NG's actions. Seem totally reasonable to me.

aarbee

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

vadodara wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
vadodara wrote:

And where is that money going to come from if Jet doesn't have any? Jet doesn't have a money printing press and you can't expect NG himself to be running that press. For heaven's sake there was no money to base base salaries and you are talking about skipping provident fund payments?

Umm yes, it is called running a business. If you run a business, you are required to make the payroll.

Unless it is the beloved Jet Airways and NG, all bets are off

;)
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 pm

edealinfo wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Abu Dhabi-based Etihad was earlier keen to save its investment in Jet Airways, but now that plan is on the back burner

You got to give the Government points for it brilliant strategy. First, it gives permission for banks to make a deal (so no one can blame the Government for its lack of effort), but at the same time it ensures that Jet is embroiled in various investigations so no one could reasonably invest without taking on a major risk. A light bulb just went on at the Hindujas, who earlier couldn't see the writing on the wall. Game,set , match to Ajay Singh of Spicejet who brilliantly leveraged his political connections, and his business acumen, to capitalize on Jet's downfall.

Sure. No fault of beloved Jet Airways for it's downfall. NG met all his financial obligations and had clean slate.

More conspiracy theories, blame government, blame banks, accuse Spice Jet owner. Good going.

:roll:
Love the AIXes

binayak

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm

unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:

On a side note, can't the int'l routes be "sold " just like it happened with PA? I'm not saying that would've helped resurrect the airline but the banks could've gained something.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 pm

aarbee wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Sure. No fault of beloved Jet Airways for it's downfall. NG met all his financial obligations and had clean slate.

More conspiracy theories, blame government, blame banks, accuse Spice Jet owner. Good going.

What does NG have to do with the sale process? He is out and stepped down. Now, he should be blamed for sticking around so long and allowing his airline to essentially be shut down. But the moment he stepped down, the sale process is owned by the banks and GOI. Remember the sale of Jet is about the banks recovering money not equity holders like NG (unless the sale is so high that debt is paid off first - which won't happen). In fairness to edealinfo, he has absolutely put blame on NG for Jet's current state. But in his post he only focused on blame for the sale process. And what is a conspiracy theory here. The govt is not able to sell to Jet, isn't that a fact? I think ideal laid out quite well what the facts are. The Hindujas, per news reports, absolutely asked for the GOI to not hold the new buyer liable for any potential crimes of NG. The GOI does not seem to have responded and the hindujas rightly baulked. What are not facts? Please love to hear you "facts"

Antarius

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Antarius wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

*takes tin foil off* Or.....9W is a financial mess and people decide is not worth reviving.

There is a reason this thread is predominantly 2 posters now spouting barely literate and clearly not researched tripe. The echo chamber of incorrect nonsense is tiring.

Source, or stop. Otherwise, call it what it is - this is a non-aviation opinion thread and it should be moved.

Antarius - what don't you agree with? Counter the points you disagree with rather than attack the poster. Do you think that Spice did not use their political connections? I think there is enough press reports to conclude that (this is not a trail btw where we have to process beyond a reasonable doubt - and India has a much lower standard than beyond a reasonable doubt anyway). Even if Spice did, people are just lamenting it. No one is crying bloody murder. Is it so wrong to want India's business and financial regulations to function more strictly to rules/laws? Anyway, I think everyone on this board knows how Indian aviation works so unclear why we have to hide it. Just go back to posts year upon year. There have been a lot of people who have said the same (so focusing on two people really doesn't capture the broader view on anet).

One of your points I would like to challenge though. You said the Jet rescue failed because of Jet's financial state. I have not seen press reports or quotes for bidders to suggest that. When you buy a company that is being liquidated by the banks, you are asking for restructuring of debt form banks and key vendors. So the past financial mismanagement is only relevant if the new buyers don't see a new management option. All the press reports indicate that the issue bidders have with Jet is the bank and vendor debt restructuring and the GOI indemnifying them from any criminal act that NG or the old management has done (this is super super normal when buying the company). That is why EY has been saying to NG in the new Jet. Please point out one press article that bidders pointed out that Jet was such a mess it could not be saved. Their demands all seemed directed in the two areas I pointed out.

Finally, what ever you might believe or want wrt Jet, I think we can all agree that this year long saga (or however long it has been) has been a joke by all parties. NG looks horrible but the banks and GOI look like they are bumbling along with no real way to restructure large companies without being accused of favoritism. Finally Indian aviation looks bad as once agin there has been very little calls for the GOI to change laws / taxation to propel aviation. It is like all the airlines and unions know they have to go along with the GOI on some level. No one dares really dissenting in a meaningful way. So odd to many of us.

The burden of proof is not on me. If someone wants to allege illegal activities, or the like, the onus of citing sources is on them. And yes, by constant conspiracy theory shilling, people are screaming bloody murder.

Otherwise, this is just content free opinion posts.

For the point about the financial state of 9W - the point wasn't the rescue. It was the business model, collapse and then concept of resurrection. 9W didnt fail due to bad luck - it wasnt just bad management either. Competition changed, the market changed and 9W was no longer relevant. Yes, better management would have potentially adapted, but now that 9W is dead, trying to bring it back is akin to the litany of posts on a.net about bringing Pan Am back.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

Antarius

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 pm

binayak wrote:
unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

On a side note, can't the int'l routes be "sold " just like it happened with PA? I'm not saying that would've helped resurrect the airline but the banks could've gained something.

They already sold their most valuable assets - slots at LHR pre-shutting down.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN DEN DOH BLR MAA KTM YYZ MEX

UKFLYER26

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Jet Airways Fleet Update (Entire Fleet)

Update 2

Broken down into fleet type and ordered by MSN

737-700 (3/4)
of 3 re-registered aircraft, 2 currently placed

VT-JGX - 34805 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JGY - 34806 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYU
VT-SIZ - 33025 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYO
VT-SJA - 33026 - Stored as OE-IBU

737-800 (40/72)
of 40 re-registered aircraft, 29 currently placed

VT-JGF - 29639 - To Jet2 as G-DRTI
VT-JGG - 29668 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZD - Currently D-ALEA
VT-JTC - 29685 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYM
VT-JGA - 30410 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYK
VT-JTD - 30734 - Stored as OE-IDC - To FlyBondi as LV-HKN
VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored
VT-JGK - 32579 - For Cargo Converstion - Ferried Jinan
VT-JGE - 32663 - For Cargo Converstation - Ferried Shanghai - To Primeair
VT-JLE - 33555 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYI
VT-JLF - 33556 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-SJI - 34399 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-SJJ - 34400 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JGQ - 34797 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYF
VT-JGP - 34798 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYG
VT-JGR - 34799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYA
VT-JGS - 34800 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-JGT - 34801 - Stored as M-ABLZ
VT-JGU - 34802 - Stored as M-ABMA
VT-JGV - 34803 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JGW - 34804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXA
VT-JBF - 35082 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYC
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored
VT-JBD - 35099 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYD
VT-JBE - 35106 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYE
VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian?)
VT-JBL - 35651 - Stored (Owned A/C)
VT-JBK - 36551 - Stored as N551AG
VT-JBK - 36553 - Stored as N553CG
VT-JBQ - 36694 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JBR - 36695 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JBS - 36698 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTF - 36813 - De-Reg Complete - Stored - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JTG - 36815 - De-Reg Complete - Stored - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JBM - 36817 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBV
VT-JBN - 36818 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBW
VT-JBP - 36819 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBY
T-JBU - 36825 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JBV - 36827 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JBB - 36846 - Stored as N846AG
VT-JBC - 36847 - Stored as N847AG
VT-JTE - 37743 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZE - Currently D-AAAN
VT-JTL - 37745 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZF
VT-JTM - 37746 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZG - Currently D-AAAP
VT-JBW - 37960 - To Vistara as VT-TGD
VT-JBX - 37961 - To MIAT Mongolian Airlines as JU-1088
VT-JFA - 38029 - Stored - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFC - 38030 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFD - 39051 - Stored as 2-JFDA - Ferried Malta
VT-JFE - 39053 - To Vistara as VT-TGA
VT-JFF - 39055 - De-Reg Compete - Stored
VT-JFG - 39057 - De-Reg Complete - Stored - To Vistara?
VT-JFH - 39058 - To Vistara as VT-TGB
VT-JFJ - 39059 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFK - 39060 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFL - 39061 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYR
VT-JFN - 39062 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFQ - 39063 - Stored as 2-TJFQ - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFR - 39064 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFM - 39067 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFP - 39068 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFZ - 39069 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTB - 39070 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFB - 39401 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTH - 40233 - De-Reg Compelte - Stored
VT-JTK - 40235 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTN - 40236 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFW - 42799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYH
VT-JFX - 42800 - Stored as 2-JFXX - Ferried Sal, Cape Verde
VT-JFY - 42804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYN
VT-JTA - 42805 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

737-900 (3/6)
of 3 re-registered aircraft, 1 currently placed

VT-JGC - 30412 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYL
VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLH - 35223 - Stored as OE-IDW
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored
VT-JBY - 35227 - Stored as OE-IDZ
VT-JBZ - 36539 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

737-Max 8 (1/8)
of 1 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JXD - 43558 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXF - 43615 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXA - 44681 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXC - 44862 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXE - 44863 - Stored as D-ALAD
VT-JXG - 44864 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXH - 43616 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXB - 60703 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

777-300 (1/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEQ - 35161 - Stored as OE-IIJ
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored
VT-JEX- 35163 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JEW - 35164 - Stored - Impounded Amsterdam
VT-JEK - 35165 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JEH - 35166 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

330-200 (1/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored
VT-JWP - 947 - Stored as 2-ACUA - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWQ - 956 - De-Reg Complete - Ferried Madrid Barjas

330-300 (2/4)
of 2 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JRW - 1351 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JWS - 1361 - Stored as M-ABLV - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWT - 1370 - Stored as M-ABLW - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWU - 1391 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)
of 18 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JDD - 758 - Stored as M-IBAD
VT-JCJ - 771 - Stored as M-ABMB
VT-JDC - 772 - Stored as M-IBAC
VT-JCK - 775 - Stored as M-ABMH
VT-JCL - 791 - Stored as M-ABMC
VT-JCM - 793 - Stored as M-ABMD
VT-JCN - 825 - Stored as M-ABME
VT-JCP - 841 - Stored as M-ABMF
VT-JCQ - 843 - Stored as M-ABMG
VT-JCR - 919 - Stored as M-IBAM
VT-JCS - 920 - Stored as M-IBAN
VT-JCT - 924 - Stored as M-IBAO
VT-JCU - 928 - Stored as M-IBAP
VT-JCV - 932 - Stored as M-IBAQ
VT-JCW - 933 - Stored as M-IBAR
VT-JCX - 1056 - Stored (To Be Placed On Irish Register)
VT-JCY - 1064 - Stored as EI-GIW - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCZ - 1075 - Stored as EI-GIX - Ferried Sonderborg

As mentioned above, hopefully I have captured everything - feel free to let me know if there is anything missing or add to the list yourself.

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

edealinfo

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:16 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 2

737-700 (3/4)

737-800 (40/72)

VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored
VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian?)

737-900 (3/6)

VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored

737-Max 8 (1/8)

777-300 (1/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (1/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored

330-300 (2/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

As mentioned above, hopefully I have captured everything - feel free to let me know if there is anything missing or add to the list yourself.

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

Thanks for the time and effort.

Interesting observation from your datapoints:

1) 18 ATRs de-registered and not a single 1 has been placed. WOW - nobody wants these aircrafts.

2) None of the Airbus A330 and B77W aircraft have found a home.

UKFLYER26

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 2

737-700 (3/4)

737-800 (40/72)

VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored

737-900 (3/6)

VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored

737-Max 8 (1/8)

777-300 (1/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (1/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored

330-300 (2/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

Thanks for the time and effort.

Interesting observation from your datapoints:

1) 18 ATRs de-registered and not a single 1 has been placed. WOW - nobody wants these aircrafts.

2) None of the Airbus A330 and B77W aircraft have found a home.

Yes I find it strange that ATRs have yet to find a home, TruJet I would have though would have been interested in some but guess they were not awarded any additional slots/rights as far as I remember.

A number of them are ex-kingfisher birds.

Phosphorus

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 2

737-700 (3/4)

737-800 (40/72)

VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored

737-900 (3/6)

VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored

737-Max 8 (1/8)

777-300 (1/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (1/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored

330-300 (2/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

Thanks for the great effort!

Am I correct in reading this as Jet Airways, as of today, has aircraft registered in its name: most of 777-300ER, a couple of A330, and still a couple of each 737-800 and 900's?
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam

UKFLYER26

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks Phosphorus, yes anything that is not showing as de-reg is technically still registered as being operated by Jet, they own two of the 737-800 aircraft, rest are leased.

edealinfo

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 pm

More blow hot blow cold efforts at reviving Jet.
adigro says that the “Check is ready!”

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 87951.html

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/lende ... 21.htm/amp

unrave

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:41 pm

"We are interested but can't do it alone". Ha!

edealinfo

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:41 pm

unrave wrote:

I really don’t understand AdiGro. What’s really in it for them? They are eager to write a check without even knowing what the financial payback could be which makes no sense.

Are they in for the free publicity? Probably not because the Indian public is, at this point, probably tired of the never ending Jet story.

Are they in for political influence? other that Shiv Sena, no other political party has thrown their hat strongly behind Jet’s revival.

So, why do they drag this on. That’s the mystery. Same too with Etihad...... why have they said that they Are still generally interested in reviving Jet when clearly their efforts are half hearted, at best.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 pm

edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:

I really don’t understand AdiGro. What’s really in it for them? They are eager to write a check without even knowing what the financial payback could be which makes no sense.

Are they in for the free publicity? Probably not because the Indian public is, at this point, probably tired of the never ending Jet story.

Are they in for political influence? other that Shiv Sena, no other political party has thrown their hat strongly behind Jet’s revival.

So, why do they drag this on. That’s the mystery. Same too with Etihad...... why have they said that they Are still generally interested in reviving Jet when clearly their efforts are half hearted, at best.

I think both EY and Adi are still in it incase the GOI does restructure Jet's debt. Even a diminished Jet has good value because you could basically get their BOM ops up and running pretty quickly (there is enough trained staff, caterers, systems etc) that can be leveraged. Because no one knows what the GOI will do, you have to be in it just in case. If you say no, you run the risk of the GOI saying well EY passed so we caved and restructured Jet's debt and now sold to XXX. But yes this full process is getting tiring. Let it die or restructure and sell. At what point does the GOI and the banks look like jokes? I can't believe there is no decision on restructuring the debt and indemnifying the new buyer for NG wrong doings (if any).

Antarius

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:

I think both EY and Adi are still in it incase the GOI does restructure Jet's debt. Even a diminished Jet has good value because you could basically get their BOM ops up and running pretty quickly (there is enough trained staff, caterers, systems etc) that can be leveraged. Because no one knows what the GOI will do, you have to be in it just in case. If you say no, you run the risk of the GOI saying well EY passed so we caved and restructured Jet's debt and now sold to XXX. But yes this full process is getting tiring. Let it die or restructure and sell. At what point does the GOI and the banks look like jokes? I can't believe there is no decision on restructuring the debt and indemnifying the new buyer for NG wrong doings (if any).

Where would they get aircraft from? 9W has nothing left. Prized slots at places like LHR are long gone, aircraft are repossessed or lease terminated.

sibibom

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:

Let's assume even if banks take 85% haircut on loans, what about all the other liabilities which is much more than the loans! Already a couple of small suppliers have gone to NCLT, they will not forgo their dues, and that's what holding the deal, cos banks seem game for a haircut with political blessing now.

avier

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm

US Exim Bank moves DGCA to de-register 6 Boeing 777-300ER's of Jet.

Seperately, NSE to remove Jet Airways shares from daily trading.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Antarius wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Where would they get aircraft from? 9W has nothing left. Prized slots at places like LHR are long gone, aircraft are repossessed or lease terminated.

If Jet returns, I bet many of the short term aircraft leases that Indian airlines did will just revert back to Jet. Remember, new Jet can't get back their slots until Oct (winter schedule) from what I have read. If Jet gets their slots back, Vistara will probably want to dump the 737s. The bidders have laid out their plan on number of aircraft, so I think it is fair to assume they have a plan. The LHR slots are not "gone" per se. They just went back to EY and VS. I would assume both would just enter into new lease agreements back to Jet (EY definitely will given they are the probable buyer of Jet 2.0). I also think that DL/AF/KL/VS will have Jet back. They clearly valued the Jet feed given how they moved mountains in their already set winter schedule to make up for Jet's capacity loss. I bet all other infrastructure like kitchens, ground handling, etc can be revived pretty easily. Even if they come to agreement say Aug 1, they would still have until the end of October to get in shape to restart. Now maybe they come back earlier, but I am not privy to any info on how they would do that.

Antarius

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:41 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Antarius wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

If Jet returns, I bet many of the short term aircraft leases that Indian airlines did will just revert back to Jet. Remember, new Jet can't get back their slots until Oct (winter schedule) from what I have read. If Jet gets their slots back, Vistara will probably want to dump the 737s. The bidders have laid out their plan on number of aircraft, so I think it is fair to assume they have a plan. The LHR slots are not "gone" per se. They just went back to EY and VS. I would assume both would just enter into new lease agreements back to Jet (EY definitely will given they are the probable buyer of Jet 2.0). I also think that DL/AF/KL/VS will have Jet back. They clearly valued the Jet feed given how they moved mountains in their already set winter schedule to make up for Jet's capacity loss. I bet all other infrastructure like kitchens, ground handling, etc can be revived pretty easily. Even if they come to agreement say Aug 1, they would still have until the end of October to get in shape to restart. Now maybe they come back earlier, but I am not privy to any info on how they would do that.

Why would the leased aircraft go back? Many weren't leased from 9W; 9W failed to make payments and lessors found new homes. They aren't going to give them back to 9W because they had them at one point.

Just because people are talking about bidding, doesn't mean they know what they are doing. EY has bought a bunch of trash over the years and unsurprisingly, ended up with trash. 9W would be a wonderful addition to the list of embarrassments such as Alitalia and Airberlin.

To the bolded, correlation does not equal causation. They value the market not Jet Airways. 9W failed, they adjusted, the world continues to move.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Antarius wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Why would the leased aircraft go back? Many weren't leased from 9W; 9W failed to make payments and lessors found new homes. They aren't going to give them back to 9W because they had them at one point.

Just because people are talking about bidding, doesn't mean they know what they are doing. EY has bought a bunch of trash over the years and unsurprisingly, ended up with trash. 9W would be a wonderful addition to the list of embarrassments such as Alitalia and Airberlin.

To the bolded, correlation does not equal causation. They value the market not Jet Airways. 9W failed, they adjusted, the world continues to move.

Well some of the reports mentioned that Indian airlines did short term leases on the Jet planes (and yes not from Jet themselves). I think everyone assumes they did short term leases because they didn't want to get stuck with the planes in the event the slots they received as temporary have to go back to Jet the end of October (and the lease is coterminous with the slot allocation). In the same way that the lessors were incentivized to lease to the Indian airlines like Spice (rather than go through the process to repatriate the aircraft), you could assume some lessors would probably lease the planes right back to the new Jet (again rather than go through the process to get the plane back). I want to highlight, the new Jet is dealing with the lessors not NG and old Jet. Bringing up the old Jet is not really relevant to the new Jet (for most lessors). Will it happen, who knows. But I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. Finally, while EY is definitely not the poster child for a great airline operator, I give the bidders the benefit of the doubt that their plan is at least close to executable. After all the banks are reviewing the plan. If the plan is nonsense, the banks should have dismissed it long ago. Finally EY should have market leverage with aircraft lessors as well as Boeing. India has only two Boeing operators and one is on the verge of closing. I think they can probably work it out (meaning all the different factors coming together will help cobble a fleet together).

danipawa

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Boeing 737-75R 34806 2404 VT-SYU SpiceJet first in svc 02jun19 COK-BOM, basic Airways cs ex VT-JGY
Boeing 737‑96NER 35223 2559 OE-IDW Celestial Aviation regd 07jun19, parked at COK ex VT-JLH
Boeing 737-96NER 35227 2621 OE-IDZ Celestial Aviation regd 06jun19, parked at COK ex VT-JBY
Boeing 737-86N 36818 3087 VQ-BBW smartavia delivery 11-12jun19 XSP-IKT-ARH, ops by Nordavia sticker ex VT-JBN
Boeing 737-8AL 37961 3847 JU-1088 MIAT Mongolian Airlines delivery 02-03/08-09jun19 BOM-TBS-ERF-SVO-ULN, regd at ERF ex 2-WJBX
Boeing 737-8AL 39059 4487 2-TJFJ Elite Aero Ireland ferried 11jun19 NAG-BOM ex VT-JFJ
Boeing 737-8AL 39051 4205 2-JFDA GoShawk Mngmt ferried 08/11jun19 HYD-CAI-MLA-SNN ex VT-JFD
Boeing 737-8AL 39068 4696 2-TJFP Elite Aero Ireland ferried 12jun19 BLR-TBS ex VT-JFP

zuckie13

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:38 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Antarius wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Well some of the reports mentioned that Indian airlines did short term leases on the Jet planes (and yes not from Jet themselves). I think everyone assumes they did short term leases because they didn't want to get stuck with the planes in the event the slots they received as temporary have to go back to Jet the end of October (and the lease is coterminous with the slot allocation). In the same way that the lessors were incentivized to lease to the Indian airlines like Spice (rather than go through the process to repatriate the aircraft), you could assume some lessors would probably lease the planes right back to the new Jet (again rather than go through the process to get the plane back). I want to highlight, the new Jet is dealing with the lessors not NG and old Jet. Bringing up the old Jet is not really relevant to the new Jet (for most lessors). Will it happen, who knows. But I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. Finally, while EY is definitely not the poster child for a great airline operator, I give the bidders the benefit of the doubt that their plan is at least close to executable. After all the banks are reviewing the plan. If the plan is nonsense, the banks should have dismissed it long ago. Finally EY should have market leverage with aircraft lessors as well as Boeing. India has only two Boeing operators and one is on the verge of closing. I think they can probably work it out (meaning all the different factors coming together will help cobble a fleet together).

The only way Jet can get those aircraft back is to get new leases for them with the lessors who currently own them. Even if some miracle occurs (unlikely) and Jet gets going again, lessors will probably be leery before committing much to Jet.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:45 pm

zuckie13 wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
Antarius wrote:

The only way Jet can get those aircraft back is to get new leases for them with the lessors who currently own them. Even if some miracle occurs (unlikely) and Jet gets going again, lessors will probably be leery before committing much to Jet.

Of course it would be a new lease. Like I said, maybe some lessors will see new Jet as the old Jet. History shows that after sales and adequate recapitalization, vendors usually work with the new versions. Hell in the US/UK after getting totally screwed in bankruptcies, vendors will go back to the company after they come out of bankruptcy. So I would say they would probably not be leery rather than the reverse (although some absolutely will). I think the ones that stayed in India will be less leery (as shown by them signing new leases in India). But this is just my view.

aarbee

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
aarbee wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

What does NG have to do with the sale process? He is out and stepped down. Now, he should be blamed for sticking around so long and allowing his airline to essentially be shut down. But the moment he stepped down, the sale process is owned by the banks and GOI. Remember the sale of Jet is about the banks recovering money not equity holders like NG (unless the sale is so high that debt is paid off first - which won't happen).

Why Not? If he gets credit for creating Jet Airways and running it for 25 years, he gets to be blamed for the current state too. Maybe if he had paid his employees and contributed to funds that would have been one thing off the list for the resale process.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
In fairness to edealinfo, he has absolutely put blame on NG for Jet's current state. But in his post he only focused on blame for the sale process. And what is a conspiracy theory here. The govt is not able to sell to Jet, isn't that a fact? I think ideal laid out quite well what the facts are. The Hindujas, per news reports, absolutely asked for the GOI to not hold the new buyer liable for any potential crimes of NG. The GOI does not seem to have responded and the hindujas rightly baulked. What are not facts? Please love to hear you "facts"

It seems that you guys under the impression that fundamental responsibility of GOI is to resolve Jet Airways sale.
No response from GOI means a negative response ---> NOT a fact. GOI has much more deeper issues to focus on one failed private enterprise.

Continuously badgering one airlines owner/promoter and making conclusions based on a picture with MOCA, questioning his other personal sporting interests, making fun of looks of an aged gentleman, questioning things about beloved Jet Airways automatically makes you a JetHater and a Spice fan boy is nothing short of conspiracy theory.

It's quite interesting that facts only matter when one says something not in favor of beloved Jet Airways.

-R
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Antarius wrote:

The burden of proof is not on me. If someone wants to allege illegal activities, or the like, the onus of citing sources is on them. And yes, by constant conspiracy theory shilling, people are screaming bloody murder.

This is exactly bothersome because of affinity to beloved Jet Airways.

Antarius wrote:

Otherwise, this is just content free opinion posts.

:bigthumbsup:

Antarius wrote:

For the point about the financial state of 9W - the point wasn't the rescue. It was the business model, collapse and then concept of resurrection. 9W didnt fail due to bad luck - it wasnt just bad management either. Competition changed, the market changed and 9W was no longer relevant. Yes, better management would have potentially adapted, but now that 9W is dead, trying to bring it back is akin to the litany of posts on a.net about bringing Pan Am back.
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Antarius wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Aircrafts do not matter. Beloved Jet Airways should be resurrected at all costs. Anything else makes one a Jet hater and Spice fanboys.
Love the AIXes

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:29 pm

aarbee wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
aarbee wrote:

What does NG have to do with the sale process? He is out and stepped down. Now, he should be blamed for sticking around so long and allowing his airline to essentially be shut down. But the moment he stepped down, the sale process is owned by the banks and GOI. Remember the sale of Jet is about the banks recovering money not equity holders like NG (unless the sale is so high that debt is paid off first - which won't happen).

Why Not? If he gets credit for creating Jet Airways and running it for 25 years, he gets to be blamed for the current state too. Maybe if he had paid his employees and contributed to funds that would have been one thing off the list for the resale process.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
In fairness to edealinfo, he has absolutely put blame on NG for Jet's current state. But in his post he only focused on blame for the sale process. And what is a conspiracy theory here. The govt is not able to sell to Jet, isn't that a fact? I think ideal laid out quite well what the facts are. The Hindujas, per news reports, absolutely asked for the GOI to not hold the new buyer liable for any potential crimes of NG. The GOI does not seem to have responded and the hindujas rightly baulked. What are not facts? Please love to hear you "facts"

It seems that you guys under the impression that fundamental responsibility of GOI is to resolve Jet Airways sale.
No response from GOI means a negative response ---> NOT a fact. GOI has much more deeper issues to focus on one failed private enterprise.

Continuously badgering one airlines owner/promoter and making conclusions based on a picture with MOCA, questioning his other personal sporting interests, making fun of looks of an aged gentleman, questioning things about beloved Jet Airways automatically makes you a JetHater and a Spice fan boy is nothing short of conspiracy theory.

It's quite interesting that facts only matter when one says something not in favor of beloved Jet Airways.

-R

Aarbee what are you talking about wrt commenting on looks of an aged man etc. Why even bring up all that crap. Where is that even in my post. I don't care what fanboy you or anyone is. I am just debating what should be done. The GOI is really only involved because the banks are owned by the GOI. Is it the banks responsibility to reclaim as much of the debt owed as they can? Yes 100%. EY and the hindujas have given their offer and requirements. The banks / GOI should respond one way or another. Now as non insiders who are commenting on the requirements, I feel like what the hindujas are asking is totally fair (meaning they should not be held responsible for NG's crimes if any). What do you think? And look you are free to say the govt & banks should do nothing, walk away from EY (if they refuse to indemnify EY/HIndujas against NG's issues, I imagine the deal is dead) and just let Jet go away and recover $0. That is a course of action you can suggest.

edealinfo

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 pm

ADIGRO GIVES 48 HOURS DEADLINE
Threatens to Walk Away

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiat ... 2019-06-12

UKFLYER26

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:28 pm

danipawa wrote:
Boeing 737-75R 34806 2404 VT-SYU SpiceJet first in svc 02jun19 COK-BOM, basic Airways cs ex VT-JGY
Boeing 737‑96NER 35223 2559 OE-IDW Celestial Aviation regd 07jun19, parked at COK ex VT-JLH
Boeing 737-96NER 35227 2621 OE-IDZ Celestial Aviation regd 06jun19, parked at COK ex VT-JBY
Boeing 737-86N 36818 3087 VQ-BBW smartavia delivery 11-12jun19 XSP-IKT-ARH, ops by Nordavia sticker ex VT-JBN
Boeing 737-8AL 37961 3847 JU-1088 MIAT Mongolian Airlines delivery 02-03/08-09jun19 BOM-TBS-ERF-SVO-ULN, regd at ERF ex 2-WJBX
Boeing 737-8AL 39059 4487 2-TJFJ Elite Aero Ireland ferried 11jun19 NAG-BOM ex VT-JFJ
Boeing 737-8AL 39051 4205 2-JFDA GoShawk Mngmt ferried 08/11jun19 HYD-CAI-MLA-SNN ex VT-JFD
Boeing 737-8AL 39068 4696 2-TJFP Elite Aero Ireland ferried 12jun19 BLR-TBS ex VT-JFP

Thanks, Most of these included in the second update already, will add any additional during the 3rd.

vadodara

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Hard assets are not the only thing that people buy. Jet had established routes at established times and forward bookings etc. They also had trained employees, catering, baggage handling etc etc (even if they are contract workers they operate with training and a standard across their network). In Air Berlin's case, you had airlines take over routes and LH pay to then shut down the routes. And once again when you buy this is a liquidation sale, debt usually does not transfer. If you bought a house for Rs 10,000,000 with a Rs 5m montage but then the house value crashed to Rs 1M and then you abandon the home. The bank will sell the house for Rs1m and take a Rs4m loss. The new owner would not then be responsible for the Rs4m. As far as throwing more money at it, that is each individual bank's call based on the capitalization of the new entity. There doesn't seem to be an issue with new loans to a new buyer (I haven't read anything about that). The issue is all around creating a new Jet with manageable debt and vendor obligations as well as free from GOI criminal charges based on NG's actions. Seem totally reasonable to me.

2 issues:
A) BOM routes cannot be trades like LGA’s; neither did Jet purchase them
B) you are assuming they have some infinite value

9W was flying thanks to its access to bank funding, which were not meant to be repaid. The minute the equation changed 9W disappeared.

edealinfo

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Threatens to Walk Away

Even a party that is literally begging to issue a check to restart Jet, is caught in the Indian bureaucracy and business politics. India has not changed..... Moody or not

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 pm

vadodara wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:

2 issues:
A) BOM routes cannot be trades like LGA’s; neither did Jet purchase them
B) you are assuming they have some infinite value

9W was flying thanks to its access to bank funding, which were not meant to be repaid. The minute the equation changed 9W disappeared.

Traded? Never said that. AS far as value, they still seem to have value as EY, Adi etc are bidding. The issue is not value of what is left of Jet but rather what l;inabilities the GOI and banks will place on new Jet. That is a huge difference which people don’t seem to get. Agreed that 9W was flying because of bank funding. Once that changed and the banks took over Jet, the should then sell Jet for what they can get. I will say again, no one is saying Jet isn’t dead. India allows airlines to be sold and slots not lost. Air Deccan, Sahara. I would also imagine India allows an airline to sell half their operations and keep the other half. That is the loop hole used in other airports that don’t allow slot sales. There really is no way to stop an airline for selling a part of their business (I believe LHR doesn’t allow slot sales and this is the loop hole but I could get wrong).

zuckie13

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 pm

edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Threatens to Walk Away

Even a party that is literally begging to issue a check to restart Jet, is caught in the Indian bureaucracy and business politics. India has not changed..... Moody or not

They are begging to issue a check, as long as others, who were already negotiating to buy Jet also still cut a check, but apparently don't want to work with them or this would have been part of that bid and not its own unsolicited bid.

This is just Adigro just wanting its name in the news.

AngMoh

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 pm

edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Threatens to Walk Away

Get real. Jet is dead. Every country has its Greybull Capital equivalents: vultures who take a dead carcass and strip it of its final pieces of flesh and then fly away with a full stomach being well fed leaving the janitors to clean up the useless mess they leave behind.
727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 742 743 744 752 753 762 772 77E 773 77W 788 A300 A310 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A345 A346 A359 A35K A388 DC-9 DC-10 MD11 MD81 MD82 MD87 F70 ERJ145 E170 E175 E190 E195 ATR72 Q400 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 BAE146 RJ85

edealinfo

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:50 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Agreed that 9W was flying because of bank funding. Once that changed and the banks took over Jet, the should then sell Jet for what they can get.

This link states that Jet's assets would now fetch 3000 crore which can be used as payment towards its debt of 8,500 to banks.

"We expect liquidation of assets as the most likely scenario. There will be open auction of Jet's assets. The proceeds from the e-auction will go to secured creditors first. Jet's assets may fetch about Rs 3,000 crore, which will go straight to banks, as they are owed about Rs 8,500 crore," says insolvency professional Gupta.

https://www.businesstoday.in/magazine/t ... 54922.html

edealinfo

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 am

avier wrote:
US Exim Bank moves DGCA to de-register 6 Boeing 777-300ER's of Jet.

The link below provides details of the repossession plan. It also has some interesting facts:

"The US Exim Bank is likely to give the planes to Air India for preventive maintenance. Air India already houses one B777 aircraft from Jet’s fleet at its maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in Nagpur facility. Under preventive maintenance, checks like turning engine on-off for some time are conducted daily”.

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... a/1605949/

dtw2hyd

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Threatens to Walk Away

The current government will never indemnify any investor. They extensively use so-called autonomous agencies to arm-twist businesses. Dusting off cold cases or filing new cases without statutory limits is a common practice. Case on Tony Fernandez is one such example. DGCA, GTF investigation is another.

Also, the revival of Jet will hurt Ajit Singh more than anyone else. Not going to happen.

vadodara

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:29 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Traded? Never said that. AS far as value, they still seem to have value as EY, Adi etc are bidding. The issue is not value of what is left of Jet but rather what l;inabilities the GOI and banks will place on new Jet. That is a huge difference which people don’t seem to get. Agreed that 9W was flying because of bank funding. Once that changed and the banks took over Jet, the should then sell Jet for what they can get. I will say again, no one is saying Jet isn’t dead. India allows airlines to be sold and slots not lost. Air Deccan, Sahara. I would also imagine India allows an airline to sell half their operations and keep the other half. That is the loop hole used in other airports that don’t allow slot sales. There really is no way to stop an airline for selling a part of their business (I believe LHR doesn’t allow slot sales and this is the loop hole but I could get wrong).

Here is the beauty of this; NG essentially veto's any meaningful resolution of 9W. When it looks like it is done, quietly exits. Not it becomes the bank's problem.

The banks are happy to write this off; they first 'invested' under political duress. Now this is their boondoggle.

Cmon man; you are too smart to fall for this. Leave this for some of the others on this forum.

Asiaflyer

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:02 am

The share of Jet Airways has collapsed on the Mumbai stockmarket over the past few days.
Last week it traded between INR 122 and 147. Today it hit a low of INR 84.60.
Not even the forever hopeful market belives in Jet anymore.
SQ,MI,MH,CX,KA,CA,CZ,MU,KE,OZ,QF,NZ,FD,JQ,3K,5J,IT,AI,IC,QR,SK,LF,KL,AF,LH,LX,OS,SR,BA,SN,FR,WF,1I,5T,VZ,VX,AC,NW,UA,US,

unrave

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 am

99 aircraft of Jet Airways have been deregistered by DGCA so far

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos