CaliguyNYC

Re: Jet Airways: Shutdown

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 pm

aarbee wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
aarbee wrote:
No it was not directed at you.

When "crony capitalism" is mentioned there is there is some much of negative connotation to it and the way some posters have portrayed Ajay Singh/SpiceJet/GOI it reeks of corruption and inappropriate favoritism for incompetent entities.

Based on some reading I did over the weekend
https://www.livemint.com/Companies/t9wG ... d-man.html (Could be a PR job, but I'm sure it's not without facts)
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 784441.cms

I think the GOI couldn't have handled the situation any better and probably salvaged a undesirable situation.

But it SEEMS the way some people wanted is, GOI to call 1.3b people individually. GOI to
Hardeep Kaur --> U want to buy SG --> NO :smile:
Vipul Patel --> U want to buy SG --> NO :smile:
Mina Balasubramanium --> U want to buy SG --> NO :smile:
Sameer Pedakar--> U want to buy SG --> NO :smile:
Ali Haider --> U want to buy SG --> NO :smile:
.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
just to argue their bias.

P.S. - Again I have NO connections nor I'm defending Ajay Singh.

Sorry you don't like the moniker Crony Capitalism. Don't know the meaning you were taught, but in the US we apply it to a a time in our history where Oligarchs dominated. You infer that these companies are incompetent but no one on this forum is saying that (the US examples of Crony capitalism from the past were some of our biggest industrialists - hardly incompetent). You infer it is corruption but most haven't said.

Sorry my NON-US education did not have any mention of crony capitalism. Whether you admit or not, crony capitalism in these forums has always been implied forms of corruption by the posters who wan to promote their agenda. I happened to look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capitalism.

"Crony capitalism is an economy in which businesses thrive not as a result of risk, but rather as a return on money amassed through a nexus between a business class and the political class." Maybe I do not understand that statement also, because the nexus is out of the goodness of heart.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
The more we clarify, the more you stick to your story on what we think. You think it SEEMS that people here want the GOI to talk to 1,2b people - how? From what? Who even hinted at that? You say you are not a defender of Ajay Singh, yet you get so upset that people say favoritism was involved (again no one says he is a bad manager). It is like you father, relative or mentor is being attacked.

The more and more you clarify in his forum about beloved Jet Airways shutdown, the more it revolves a GOI, Banks, Bureaucrats, Ajay Singh, SpiceJet, Indian democracy, in-competencies of other airlines, Indian law, and so on.
Following the various Indian aviation threads, the 2 Jet Airways thread, Non-Aviation India threads the picture drawn out to me is that Ajay Singh is some flunky who was rewarded with Spice Jet by GOI on being elected. I was stunned to find out his actual background. I don't get upset, but it is quite amusing to see the reaction when the truth comes out. If the discussion was more civil and not blaming AS in every 3rd post for beloved Jet's issue, nobody cared. The humor was intended as light-hearted satire portray the same.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Both NG and Ajay Singh used GOI favoritism to get ahead. True or false? Like I've said before, this is the business environment in India today. But it is not illegal. And not liking it doesn't mean people are trying to defame India. The truth is the truth.

Of course nobody it trying to defame India, by questioning it's democracy, comparing to NK, throwing a fit for beloved Jet Airways Lalaji's lookout notice, constantly implying business like SG is only afloat due to crony capitalism, blaming the laws because one doesn't not understand it, etc. etc.

-R

Aarbee - the definition of Crony capitalism you posted is exactly the meaning I mean - "Crony capitalism is an economy in which businesses thrive not as a result of risk, but rather as a return on money amassed through a nexus between a business class and the political class." This is exactly what happened to Jet and what we fear is happening with Spice. Remember how many have posted that Vistara didn't take more planes because they didn't trust they would have the slots long term but Spice did - so Spice didn't see Risk - per the definition. The only thing we are only talking about aviation examples and not the vernal economy of India. Notice the definition does not say corruption. I don't understand why you are so offended by this.

You keep saying "beloved jet" - I think most of the so called supporters of Jet have all said NG was a bad manager and killed Jet. So beloved? My posts are pretty clear and definitely not saying the company was this great aviation company. I did like their inflight product in J and liked that they had a partnership with Delta. So?

I feel like you extrapolate and infer things people are not saying. Also in your post above you conflate different points by many different people to make it look like everyone is saying ridiculous things. Fact is we are not.

The one thing I am saying and will continue to say is the Jet shutdown process (sale and IBC) are a joke. No clear rules, rules made up as we go along, the press not being able to say what will happen and even the head of SBI saying he doesn't know. Is it the end of the world. No but it definitely does not make India look great. That is my opinion and my right to say it. It is absolutely based on real facts as well. So unclear why you can't respect it as my view. Agree to disagree.

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:48 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Regardless of what the RP can do, I think the fate of Jet has already been sealed. Ajay Singh ain't going to preside over his company's collapse from getting 40 ex-Jet planes to fill in Jet's void and then having the rug pulled from under his feet.

Here we go again. Ajay Singh & beloved Jet Airways.

edealinfo wrote:
There is too much at stake here. Being close to the Government and toeing the Government line delivers results, as it always has, in Indian business history.

Oh so in the rest of the Utopian world being close to the government does not have benefits. Of course only in India that happens.

SpiceJet,Ajay Singh toeing the government line. Examples? Proofs? Or again some new allegations?!?
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm

edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
BOM slots are not everything.

I respectfully disagree. I thing it is EVERYTHING.

Note that Bombay airport cannot be expanded, and the new airport, when constructed, would be inconvenient, for those residing in the main city. So, airlines that have slots in the "primary" Bombay airport can milk it for years to come.

Note that Ajay Singh realized the potential of BOM when he bid for an UDAN route with zero subsidy. He just wanted the BOM slot. Voila, that turned out to be a money spinning route for him zero competition on the route and loads consistently over 90% from Day 1. That's the lesson he took from it -- why do you think he went totally bananas in an attempt to get 40 ex-Jet planes most of which are to be deployed on BOM routes?

How about the fact that the other 3 private airlines do not have B737 in their fleet.
How about the fact that SGs 737-max are grounded.
How about the fact that SG was losing revenue because of Max
How about the fact that SG has pilots with complete familiarity of 737.

Still bananas?
-R
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm

edealinfo wrote:
The larger issue is why Vistara didn't "go big". I mean if they took on 10 different type aircraft, they might as well have gone for, say 25 737 NG rather than left the opportunity for SpiceJet. Surely, the lessors would have preferred Vistara over SpiceJet, and there were plenty of ex-Jet staff waiting to be hired.

Why would lessors prefer Vistara over SG?

edealinfo wrote:
My opinion is that:

a) Vistara was a slow reactor. They moved only after SpiceJet made an incredibly effective play.

b) They are conservative.

Wonder who has more business information of the airline, their professional management staff or ...?

edealinfo wrote:
c) They didn't trust the Government, or courts, which could reverse the decision on slots.

d) They had a partner to deal with (Singapore Airlines) so decision-making couldn't be done quickly.

e) Probably unlikely but possible -- they were afraid of SpiceJet's political connections and its likely impact if they went head-to-head with Spicejet [at the same scale] in going after slots.

f) They were afraid that Subrameanium Swarmy [SS] (who is exceptionally media savvy) would raise a stink on slot allotment . Note that SS previously sued both Vistara and AirAsia India on grounds that India's investment rules for foreign airlines buying equity, were only intended for existing airlines at that time [when Vistara and Air Asia India were not in existence), and not for "new" airlines. And, we all know the motive for why he sued.

Of course Vistara's lawyers, business professionals, etc, have no understanding how things work.
Love the AIXes

edealinfo

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:02 pm

aarbee wrote:
suggest you look up the richest man in India. A surprise is awaits you.

-R

Not a surprise. His father had the Congress in his pocket and he has the bee jay pea. That’s how someone gets favored in India, silly.

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Provided you accept that the current Government unduly and unjustly favored Spicejet to the detriment of other carriers and the Indian public. If you don't then there is zero chance you will accept anything.

edealinfo wrote:
So,you don't accept that SpiceJet was unduly and unjustly favored by the current Indian Government to the detriment of other carriers and the Indian public. I understand your BS position. Got it!

Of course.

GOI : Vistara Do you want 50 BOM slots ?
Vistara : Of course
GOI : Where will you fly them
Vistara : Uh we don't know, we never planned on this

GOI : Indigo Do you want 50 BOM slots on top of max you got in DEL?
Indigo : Sure why not?
GOI : Will you be able to utilize then
Indigo : Uh! No ...we don't have more planes
GOI : Will you take 9Ws B737s
Indigo : Umm ! No we don't want another a/c type

GOI : GoAir Do you want 50 BOM slots ?
GoAir : Hell Yes
GOI : GOI : Will you be able to utilize then
GoAir : But we can barely be a speckle in Indian Aviation,
GOI : There are 25 Jet B737s
GoAir : Um grow ... We are actually looking to get out

GOI : In Bhindi bazaar, we have 50 BOM slots to sale .. 50 BOM slots ... It's a bargain 50 BOM slots ...
Spice : We have B737s in our fleet, We have expansion plans, We are losing because of Max issue. We can absorb aircraft/pilot fill in the void.
GOI : Nope that would be unjustly favoring you to the ]detriment of other carriers and the Indian public.

:roll:
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Prabhu was more like a CEO of the Ministry than a politician who also carried along the interests of his political party.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ne ... 393931.ece

It's nothing new. Prabhu was never a politician. PM very well knew that when he wanted to be Shiv Sena minister in 2014 cabinet.
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
aarbee wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

NG created an airline which at one point was truly world class. (Quality dropped over the last several years but for a time the experience on it was outstanding)

Bijness was good until he started treating it as a Guju bijness would

And whats that supposed to mean?

Just because beloved Jet Airways failed, we start finding issues with ethnicity. First go after MoCA for ATQ flight, now this?

Besides, if he had started treating it as "a Guju bijness would" he would be far better off. As I suspect that you haven't done anything in India, suggest you look up the richest man in India. A surprise is awaits you.

-R

I agree unclear what Gujju has anything to do with it and even if it is, we shouldn't be using ethnic stereotypes or whatever we want to call this.
Jet failed because of pure mismanagement and an over reliance on someone else saying it (be it EY or the GOI). It was being operated like it was someone else's money they were spending. That is not a business, it is AI.

Thank you!
Love the AIXes

danipawa

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am

Boeing 737 -8AL 39063 4727 VQ- smartavia** in full cs at OSR 22jun19, 2-reg, Nordavia st after paint ex 2-TJFQ
Boeing 737 -86N 38029 4111 PR- Gol Linhas Aéreas delivery 26-27jun19 OSR-SID-CNF, 2-reg ex 2-JFAA
Boeing 737 -8KN 40233 2952 2-TJTH DAE Capital ferried 26jun19 DEL-AMM ex VT-JTH
Boeing 737 -8KN 40236 3110 2-TJTN DAE Capital ferried 24jun19 DEL-AMM ex VT-JTN

edealinfo

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm

danipawa wrote:
Boeing 737 -8AL 39063 4727 VQ- smartavia** in full cs at OSR 22jun19, 2-reg, Nordavia st after paint ex 2-TJFQ
Boeing 737 -86N 38029 4111 PR- Gol Linhas Aéreas delivery 26-27jun19 OSR-SID-CNF, 2-reg ex 2-JFAA

Could you please summarize in English what these all mean?

UKFLYER26

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Copy & Paste from another site. Will update the main tracker this evening to include the below updates plus additional changes.

edealinfo wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Could you please summarize in English what these all mean?

CaliguyNYC

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:00 pm

So any update on liquidation of Jet and IBC? Are they still trying to sell off the whole of Jet or now focused on the pieces? Previous articles made it seem like both were possibilities. Hopefully they picked a plan already

edealinfo

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:15 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So any update on liquidation of Jet and IBC? Are they still trying to sell off the whole of Jet or now focused on the pieces? Previous articles made it seem like both were possibilities. Hopefully they picked a plan already

How many planes are available whether you sell as a whole or in parts? If planes are not part of the deal then how could it be sold as an “airline”?

I just think the circumstances are so bad that no one would want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. The sad part is that by dragging the bankruptcy along for so long it essentially put the nails in the coffin

UKFLYER26

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Jet Airways Fleet Update (Entire Fleet)

Update 4

Broken down into fleet type and ordered by MSN

737-700 (3/4)
of 3 re-registered aircraft, 3 currently placed

VT-JGX - 34805 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JGY - 34806 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYU
VT-SIZ - 33025 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYO
VT-SJA - 33026 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYP

737-800 (64/72)
of 64 re-registered aircraft, 40 currently placed

VT-JGF - 29639 - To Jet2 as G-DRTI
VT-JGG - 29668 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZD - Currently D-ALEA
VT-JTC - 29685 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYM
VT-JGA - 30410 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYK
VT-JTD - 30734 - Stored as OE-IDC - To FlyBondi as LV-HKN
VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored
VT-JGK - 32579 - For Cargo Converstion - Ferried Jinan - Stored as N542RL
VT-JGE - 32663 - For Cargo Converstation - To Primeair as N855DM
VT-JLE - 33555 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYI
VT-JLF - 33556 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-SJI - 34399 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXB
VT-SJJ - 34400 - Stored as 2-TWCB - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JGQ - 34797 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYF
VT-JGP - 34798 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYG
VT-JGR - 34799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYA
VT-JGS - 34800 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-JGT - 34801 - Stored as M-ABLZ
VT-JGU - 34802 - Stored as M-ABMA
VT-JGV - 34803 - Stored as 2-RLBJ
VT-JGW - 34804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXA
VT-JBF - 35082 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYC
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored (Owned A/C)
VT-JBD - 35099 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYD
VT-JBE - 35106 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYE
VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian?)
VT-JBL - 35651 - Stored (Owned A/C)
VT-JBK - 36551 - Stored as N551AG
VT-JBK - 36553 - Stored as N553CG
VT-JBQ - 36694 - Stored as 2-TJBQ - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JBR - 36695 - Stored as 2-TJBR - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JBS - 36698 - Stored as 2-TJBS - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JTF - 36813 - Stored as 2-VTJF - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JTG - 36815 - Stored as 2-VTJG - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JBM - 36817 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBV
VT-JBN - 36818 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBW
VT-JBP - 36819 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBY
VT-JBU - 36825 - Stored as 2-STND
VT-JBV - 36827 - Stored as 2-CHTR
VT-JBB - 36846 - Stored as N846AG
VT-JBC - 36847 - Stored as N847AG
VT-JTE - 37743 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZE - Currently D-AAAN
VT-JTL - 37745 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZF
VT-JTM - 37746 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZG - Currently D-AAAP
VT-JBW - 37960 - To Vistara as VT-TGD
VT-JBX - 37961 - To MIAT Mongolian Airlines as JU-1088
VT-JFA - 38029 - To GOL Brazil as PR-XXX - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFC - 38030 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFD - 39051 - Stored as 2-JFDA - Ferried Malta
VT-JFE - 39053 - To Vistara as VT-TGA
VT-JFF - 39055 - To Vistara as VT-TGC
VT-JFG - 39057 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYQ
VT-JFH - 39058 - To Vistara as VT-TGB
VT-JFJ - 39059 - Stored as 2-TJFJ
VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK
VT-JFL - 39061 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYR
VT-JFN - 39062 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFQ - 39063 - Stored as 2-TJFQ - To SmartAvia/Nordavia as VQ-XXX
VT-JFR - 39064 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYS
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFM - 39067 - Stored as 2-TJFM
VT-JFP - 39068 - Stored as 2-TJFP - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFZ - 39069 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTB - 39070 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFB - 39401 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTH - 40233 - Stored as 2-TJTH - Ferried Amman
VT-JTK - 40235 - Stored as 2-TJTK
VT-JTN - 40236 - Stored as 2-TJTN - Ferried Amman
VT-JFW - 42799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYH
VT-JFX - 42800 - Stored as 2-JFXX To GOL Brazil as PR-GZH
VT-JFY - 42804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYN
VT-JTA - 42805 - To Vistata as VT-TGF

737-900 (3/6)
of 3 re-registered aircraft, 1 currently placed

VT-JGC - 30412 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYL
VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLH - 35223 - Stored as OE-IDW
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored
VT-JBY - 35227 - Stored as OE-IDZ
VT-JBZ - 36539 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

737-Max 8 (5/8)
of 5 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JXD - 43558 - Stored as 2-JXDW
VT-JXF - 43615 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXA - 44861 - Stored as 2-JXAX
VT-JXC - 44862 - Stored as 2-JXCY
VT-JXE - 44863 - Stored as 2-JXEE
VT-JXG - 44864 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXH - 43616 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXB - 60703 - Stored as 2-JXBZ

777-300 (4/10)
of 4 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEQ - 35161 - Stored as OE-IIJ
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored
VT-JEX- 35163 - Stored as 2-TJEX
VT-JEW - 35164 - Stored - Impounded Amsterdam
VT-JEK - 35165 - Stored as 2-JEKA
VT-JEH - 35166 - Stored as 2-TJEH

330-200 (2/4)
of 2 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored
VT-JWP - 947 - Stored as 2-ACUA - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWQ - 956 - Stored as 2-ACUB - Ferried Madrid Barjas

330-300 (4/4)

VT-JRW - 1351 - Stored as 2-VJWR
VT-JWS - 1361 - Stored as M-ABLV - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWT - 1370 - Stored as M-ABLW - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWU - 1391 - Stored as 2-VJEW

ATR 72 Fleet (17/18)
of 17 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JDD - 758 - Stored as M-IBAD
VT-JCJ - 771 - Stored as M-ABMB
VT-JDC - 772 - Stored as M-IBAC
VT-JCK - 775 - Stored as M-ABMH
VT-JCL - 791 - Stored as M-ABMC
VT-JCM - 793 - Stored as M-ABMD
VT-JCN - 825 - Stored as M-ABME
VT-JCP - 841 - Stored as M-ABMF
VT-JCQ - 843 - Stored as M-ABMG
VT-JCR - 919 - Stored as M-IBAM
VT-JCS - 920 - Stored as M-IBAN
VT-JCT - 924 - Stored as M-IBAO
VT-JCU - 928 - Stored as M-IBAP
VT-JCV - 932 - Stored as M-IBAQ
VT-JCW - 933 - Stored as M-IBAR
VT-JCX - 1056 - Stored (To Be Placed On Irish Register)
VT-JCY - 1064 - Stored as EI-GIW - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCZ - 1075 - Stored as EI-GIX - Ferried Sonderborg

Changes in this update:

737-700 - No change
737-800 - Various updates to de-registrations, re-registrations and placed aircraft
737-8 - Various updates to de-registrations and re-registrations
737-900 - No change
777-300 - Various updates to de-registrations and re-registrations
330-200 - Various updates to de-registrations and re-registrations
330-300 - All four aircraft now re-registered
ATR 72s - Still gathering the information will amend shortly.

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

edealinfo

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 4

VT-JBQ - 36694 - Stored as 2-TJBQ - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JBR - 36695 - Stored as 2-TJBR - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JBS - 36698 - Stored as 2-TJBS - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX

UKFLYER26

Super post. I am guessing the above 3 planes are going to Vistara because you have only identified 5 of the 10 737-8-- NG Jet planes that they are taking on.

Who is the lessor on the above 3 aircraft? That might shed some clues.

UKFLYER26

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:55 am

Thanks Edealinfo - these three are DAE Capital aircraft. I think these are destined for SpiceJet rather than Vistara will keep an eye out.

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 4

UKFLYER26

Super post. I am guessing the above 3 planes are going to Vistara because you have only identified 5 of the 10 737-8-- NG Jet planes that they are taking on.

Who is the lessor on the above 3 aircraft? That might shed some clues.

unrave

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:12 am

A group of Jet employees has announced a bid for Jet Airways in partnership with Adi Partners under the IBC
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

edealinfo

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:26 pm

unrave wrote:
A group of Jet employees has announced a bid for Jet Airways in partnership with Adi Partners under the IBC

Does this “group of employees “ have cash? how much? Likely nothing to offer as their own cash.

As for AdiGro, I can’t understand their fascination with Jet. Remember that this is the group that previously said that the “check is ready” for investment in Jet without even being privy to Jet’s financials which tells me their offer is hogwash. I would even speculate that the employees and AdiGro are a front for Naresh Goyal in his attempt to squeeze or control as much as he can from the dying Jet

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:49 pm

edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

How many planes are available whether you sell as a whole or in parts? If planes are not part of the deal then how could it be sold as an “airline”?

I just think the circumstances are so bad that no one would want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. The sad part is that by dragging the bankruptcy along for so long it essentially put the nails in the coffin

The value has never been the planes (and I bet they can get 10 narrow bodies quickly plus the 77W). It is their AOC (I think that is what their air certification is called and which also has the slots attached to them). Plus they would get Jet's ground infrastructure engineering etc. So while it is not like buying Jet 12 months ago, it is hardly a nothing burger. But again I will say, I don't fully understand IBC nor do the newspapers spell out clearly what will happen.

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 pm

edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:

Does this “group of employees “ have cash? how much? Likely nothing to offer as their own cash.

As for AdiGro, I can’t understand their fascination with Jet. Remember that this is the group that previously said that the “check is ready” for investment in Jet without even being privy to Jet’s financials which tells me their offer is hogwash. I would even speculate that the employees and AdiGro are a front for Naresh Goyal in his attempt to squeeze or control as much as he can from the dying Jet

My guess is it is the past due salaries and perhaps some of their future salaries that make up the investment. I believe US airlines have done tings like this when they went into bankruptcy. The article I read said that the GOI has confirmed to Add group that all of Jet slots will be returned (but doesn't seem confirmed by the newspaper) and they think they can get ~50% of Jet's planes back. Who knows but that is what I read.

edealinfo

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:43 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:

My guess is it is the past due salaries and perhaps some of their future salaries that make up the investment. I believe US airlines have done tings like this when they went into bankruptcy. The article I read said that the GOI has confirmed to Add group that all of Jet slots will be returned (but doesn't seem confirmed by the newspaper) and they think they can get ~50% of Jet's planes back. Who knows but that is what I read.

But which banks will supply working capital even for a clean Jet given the competitive nature of the airline industry.

Also how can Jet get 50 percent of its prior planes when most have been released to others for terms of 2 years?

The Government already scared Hindujas with the “investigations” threat. Maybe Adrigro has no skeletons in the closet but they are still nuts to even consider a Jet revival based on its merits

edealinfo

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:13 pm

It will be interesting if the IBC sale is structured as a sale of 2 companies (Jet and JetLite....both of which had separate airline operating certificates (AOCs). This, in my opinion, would be a better way to sell it and attract more bidders.

edealinfo

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:50 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:
Thanks Edealinfo - these three are DAE Capital aircraft. I think these are destined for SpiceJet rather than Vistara will keep an eye out.

UKFLER26,

The link below indicates that all Jet has now are 5 aircraft in its possession. Which are these (most likely) from your list?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 50661.html

edealinfo

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:16 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:
these three are DAE Capital aircraft. I think these are destined for SpiceJet rather than Vistara will keep an eye out.

The first four 737 NG that Vistara obtained were from BOC Aviation. I don't know who is the lessor for their other six 737 NGs. By the way, wikipedia is reporting that Vistara is to receive eleven (not ten) 737 NGs. But their reference source to this figure don't seem to match 11. I wonder what the correct number is (10 or 11).

UKFLYER26

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Update 5

Broken down into fleet type and ordered by MSN

737-700 (4/4)
of 4 re-registered aircraft, 4 currently placed

VT-JGX - 34805 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYT
VT-JGY - 34806 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYU
VT-SIZ - 33025 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYO
VT-SJA - 33026 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYP

737-800 (66/72)
of 66 re-registered aircraft, 41 currently placed

VT-JGF - 29639 - To Jet2 as G-DRTI
VT-JGG - 29668 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZD
VT-JTC - 29685 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYM
VT-JGA - 30410 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYK
VT-JTD - 30734 - Stored as OE-IDC - To FlyBondi as LV-HKN
VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored as OE-IBT
VT-JGK - 32579 - For Cargo Converstion - Ferried Jinan - Stored as N542RL
VT-JGE - 32663 - For Cargo Converstation - To Primeair as N855DM
VT-JLE - 33555 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYI
VT-JLF - 33556 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-SJI - 34399 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXB
VT-SJJ - 34400 - Stored as 2-TWCB - Placed with Unidentified Indian Airline as VT-XXX
VT-JGQ - 34797 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYF
VT-JGP - 34798 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYG
VT-JGR - 34799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYA
VT-JGS - 34800 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-JGT - 34801 - Stored as M-ABLZ
VT-JGU - 34802 - Stored as M-ABMA
VT-JGV - 34803 - Stored as 2-RLBJ
VT-JGW - 34804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXA
VT-JBF - 35082 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYC
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored (Owned A/C)
VT-JBD - 35099 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYD
VT-JBE - 35106 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYE
VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian?)
VT-JBL - 35651 - Stored (Owned A/C)
VT-JBK - 36551 - Stored as N551AG
VT-JBK - 36553 - Stored as N553CG
VT-JBQ - 36694 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYW
VT-JBR - 36695 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYX
VT-JBS - 36698 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYY
VT-JTF - 36813 - Stored as 2-VTJF - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JTG - 36815 - Stored as 2-VTJG - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JBM - 36817 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBV
VT-JBN - 36818 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBW
VT-JBP - 36819 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBY
VT-JBU - 36825 - Stored as 2-STND
VT-JBV - 36827 - Stored as 2-CHTR
VT-JBB - 36846 - Stored as N846AG
VT-JBC - 36847 - Stored as N847AG
VT-JTE - 37743 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZE
VT-JTL - 37745 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZF
VT-JTM - 37746 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZG
VT-JBW - 37960 - To Vistara as VT-TGD
VT-JBX - 37961 - To MIAT Mongolian Airlines as JU-1088
VT-JFA - 38029 - To GOL Brazil as PR-XXX - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFC - 38030 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFD - 39051 - Stored as 2-JFDA - Ferried Malta
VT-JFE - 39053 - To Vistara as VT-TGA
VT-JFF - 39055 - To Vistara as VT-TGC
VT-JFG - 39057 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYQ
VT-JFH - 39058 - To Vistara as VT-TGB
VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK- Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFL - 39061 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYR
VT-JFQ - 39063 - Stored as 2-TJFQ - To SmartAvia/Nordavia as VQ-XXX
VT-JFR - 39064 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYS
VT-JTB - 39070 - Stored as 2-BTTC - Ferried Woensdrecht
VT-JFW - 42799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYH
VT-JFX - 42800 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZH
VT-JFY - 42804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYN
VT-JTA - 42805 - To Vistata as VT-TGF

737-900 (3/6)
of 3 re-registered aircraft, 1 currently placed

VT-JGC - 30412 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYL
VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored
VT-JLH - 35223 - Stored as OE-IDW
VT-JLJ - 35225 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JBY - 35227 - Stored as OE-IDZ
VT-JBZ - 36539 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

737-Max 8 (5/8)
of 5 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JXD - 43558 - Stored as 2-JXDW
VT-JXF - 43615 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXA - 44861 - Stored as 2-JXAX
VT-JXC - 44862 - Stored as 2-JXCY
VT-JXE - 44863 - Stored as 2-JXEE
VT-JXG - 44864 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXH - 43616 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXB - 60703 - Stored as 2-JXBZ

777-300 (4/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEQ - 35161 - Stored as OE-IIJ
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored
VT-JEX- 35163 - Stored as 2-TJEX
VT-JEW - 35164 - Stored - Impounded Amsterdam
VT-JEK - 35165 - Stored as 2-JEKA
VT-JEH - 35166 - Stored as 2-TJEH

330-200 (2/4)
of 2 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored
VT-JWP - 947 - Stored as 2-ACUA - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWQ - 956 - Stored as 2-ACUB - Ferried Madrid Barjas

330-300 (4/4)

VT-JRW - 1351 - Stored as 2-VJWR
VT-JWS - 1361 - Stored as M-ABLV - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWT - 1370 - Stored as M-ABLW - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWU - 1391 - Stored as 2-VJWU

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)
of 18 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JDD - 758 - Stored as M-IBAD
VT-JCJ - 771 - Stored as M-ABMB
VT-JDC - 772 - Stored as M-IBAC
VT-JCK - 775 - Stored as M-ABMH
VT-JCL - 791 - Stored as M-ABMC
VT-JCM - 793 - Stored as M-ABMD
VT-JCN - 825 - Stored as M-ABME
VT-JCP - 841 - Stored as M-ABMF
VT-JCQ - 843 - Stored as M-ABMG
VT-JCR - 919 - Stored as M-IBAM
VT-JCS - 920 - Stored as M-IBAN
VT-JCT - 924 - Stored as M-IBAO
VT-JCU - 928 - Stored as M-IBAP
VT-JCV - 932 - Stored as M-IBAQ
VT-JCW - 933 - Stored as M-IBAR
VT-JCX - 1056 - Stored as EI-GIV - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCY - 1064 - Stored as EI-GIW - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCZ - 1075 - Stored as EI-GIX - Ferried Sonderborg

Changes in this update:

737-700 - All aircraft now in service with SpiceJet
737-800 - Various updates to de-registrations, re-registrations and placed aircraft, ferry flights.
737-8 - no changes from update 4
737-900 - 1 additional de-registration
777-300 - no changes from update 4
330-200 - no changes from update 4
330-300 - no changes from update 4
ATR 72s - Final aircraft re-registered

Thanks,

UKFLYER26[/quote]

UKFLYER26

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:03 pm

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

UKFLER26,

The link below indicates that all Jet has now are 5 aircraft in its possession. Which are these (most likely) from your list?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 50661.html

Thanks Edealinfo - I actually have it as 11 aircraft still showing as operated by Jet Airways (2 Owned, 9 Leased). Though could be wrong, unless the 777's are undergoing de-registration presently, which would then leave 5 aircraft (3 737's and 2 330's)

MSN 35082 - 737-800 - Owned
MSN 35651 - 737-800 - Owned
MSN 33740 - 737-900 - Leased
MSN 35157 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 35158 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 35159 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 35160 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 35162 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 35164 - 777-300ER - Leased
MSN 888 - 330-200 - Leased
MSN 923 - 330-200 - Leased

UKFLYER26

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Aircraft which have so far been placed with Vistara or SpiceJet (Update 2)

New Reg / MSN / Model / Jet Reg

Vistara 5

VT-TGA - 39053 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFE
VT-TGB - 39058 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFH
VT-TGC - 39055 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFF
VT-TGD - 37960 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBW
VT-TGF - 42805 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTA

Likely Future Additions To Vistara Fleet (Unconfirmed & May Change):

39057 (Final BOC Aircraft)
34400 (Currently Placed With Unknown Indian Carrier - So Either Vistara or SpiceJet)

SpiceJet 26

VT-SYA - 34779 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR
VT-SYB - 34800 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGS
VT-SYC - 35082 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBF
VT-SYD - 35099 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBD
VT-SYE - 35106 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBE
VT-SYF - 33797 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGQ
VT-SYG - 34798 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGP
VT-SYH - 42799 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFW
VT-SYI - 33555 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLE
VT-SYJ - 33556 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLF
VT-SYK - 30410 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGA

VT-SYL - 30412 - 737-900 - Ex VT-JGC

VT-SYM - 29685 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTC
VT-SYN - 42804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFY

VT-SYO - 33025 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SIZ
VT-SYP - 33026 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SJA

VT-SYQ - 39057 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFG
VT-SYR - 39061 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFL
VT-SYS - 39064 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR

VT-SYT - 34805 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGX
VT-SYU - 34806 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGY

VT-SYW - 36694 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBQ
VT-SYX - 36695 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBR
VT-SYY - 36698 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBS

VT-SXA - 34804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGW
VT-SXB - 34399 - 737-800 - Ex VT-SJI

danipawa

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Boeing 737 -96NER 35223 2559 OE-IDW GECAS ferried 28-29jun19 COK-DEL-MCT-MLA-QLA ex VT-JLH
Boeing 737 -96NER 35227 2621 OE-IDZ GECAS ferried 02-03jul19 COK-DEL-MCT-MLA-QLA ex VT-JBY
Boeing 737 -85R 36551 2974 N551AG ACG Acquisitions ferried 02jul19 DEL-CAI-SNN ex VT-JBJ
Boeing 737 -85R 36698 3433 VT-SYY SpiceJet in svc at BOM 24jun19, basic Jet Airways cs ex 2-TJBS
Boeing 737 -8AL 39060 4518 2-TJFK Elite Aero Ireland ferried 29-30jun19 BOM-HER-OSR ex VT-JFK
Boeing 737 -8AL 39061 4579 VT-TGE Vistara air-test at DEL 02jul19 after transfer ex 2-VJFL
Boeing 737 -85R 39070 5196 2-BTTC Fly Leasing ferried 28jun/01jul19 BLR-HRG-WOE ex VT-JTB
Boeing 737 -8KN 40236 3110 2-TJTN DAE Capital ferried 24jun19 DEL-AMM

edealinfo

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:
Aircraft which have so far been placed with Vistara or SpiceJet (Update 2)

New Reg / MSN / Model / Jet Reg

Vistara 5

VT-TGA - 39053 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFE
VT-TGB - 39058 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFH
VT-TGC - 39055 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFF
VT-TGD - 37960 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBW
VT-TGF - 42805 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTA

Likely Future Additions To Vistara Fleet (Unconfirmed & May Change):

39057 (Final BOC Aircraft)
34400 (Currently Placed With Unknown Indian Carrier - So Either Vistara or SpiceJet)

SpiceJet 26

VT-SYA - 34779 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR
VT-SYB - 34800 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGS
VT-SYC - 35082 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBF
VT-SYD - 35099 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBD
VT-SYE - 35106 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBE
VT-SYF - 33797 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGQ
VT-SYG - 34798 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGP
VT-SYH - 42799 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFW
VT-SYI - 33555 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLE
VT-SYJ - 33556 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLF
VT-SYK - 30410 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGA

VT-SYL - 30412 - 737-900 - Ex VT-JGC

VT-SYM - 29685 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTC
VT-SYN - 42804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFY

VT-SYO - 33025 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SIZ
VT-SYP - 33026 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SJA

VT-SYQ - 39057 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFG
VT-SYR - 39061 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFL
VT-SYS - 39064 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR

VT-SYT - 34805 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGX
VT-SYU - 34806 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGY

VT-SYW - 36694 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBQ
VT-SYX - 36695 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBR
VT-SYY - 36698 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBS

VT-SXA - 34804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGW
VT-SXB - 34399 - 737-800 - Ex VT-SJI

We appreciate your efforts at compiling this information. Apparently both SpiceJet and Vistara are seeking to add even more ex-Jet B 737 to their fleet so your master list and abbreviated list is bound to get even more interesting as the competition between the 2 airlines heat up.

It would be even more interesting if your list could include the age of the aircraft. Why? Because one can ascertain if, for instance, Vistara is picking the younger aircraft and SpiceJet the older ones. This is just my hypothesis as I suspect that Spicejet may be focused on price (Lowest lease rates)

UKFLYER26

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Aircraft which have so far been placed with Vistara or SpiceJet (Update 3)

New Reg / MSN / Model / Jet Reg / Age

Vistara 6

VT-TGA - 39053 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFE - 6.2
VT-TGB - 39058 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFH - 6.2
VT-TGC - 39069 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFZ - 4.8
VT-TGD - 37960 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBW - 7.7
VT-TGE - 39061 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFL - 5.9
VT-TGF - 42805 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTA - 4.6

Average Age = 5.9 Y

SpiceJet 26

VT-SYA - 34779 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR - 12.8
VT-SYB - 34800 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGS - 12.7
VT-SYC - 35082 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBF - 11.3
VT-SYD - 35099 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBD - 11.7
VT-SYE - 35106 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBE - 11.4
VT-SYF - 33797 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGQ - 12.9
VT-SYG - 34798 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGP - 13.2
VT-SYH - 42799 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFW - 5
VT-SYI - 33555 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLE - 15.6
VT-SYJ - 33556 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JLF - 15.6
VT-SYK - 30410 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGA - 16.7

VT-SYL - 30412 - 737-900 - Ex VT-JGC - 16.2

VT-SYM - 29685 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JTC - 11.6
VT-SYN - 42804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFY - 4.8

VT-SYO - 33025 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SIZ - 14.2
VT-SYP - 33026 - 737-700 - Ex VT-SJA - 14.1

VT-SYQ - 39057 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFG - 6.2
VT-SYR - 39062 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFN - 5.7
VT-SYS - 39064 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JFR - 5.4

VT-SYT - 34805 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGX - 11.9
VT-SYU - 34806 - 737-700 - Ex VT-JGY - 11.8

VT-SYW - 36694 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBQ - 9.2
VT-SYX - 36695 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBR - 8.7
VT-SYY - 36698 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JBS - 8.7

VT-SXA - 34804 - 737-800 - Ex VT-JGW - 12.1
VT-SXB - 34399 - 737-800 - Ex VT-SJI - 12.9

Average Age = 11.2 Y

lightsaber
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:49 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Vistara 6

Average Age = 5.9 Y

SpiceJet 26

Average Age = 11.2 Y

I didn't realize how many 11 year old aircraft SpiceJet took. I assume that means the leasor gets help through a heavy maintenance. I would assume SpiceJet negotiated as well as possible. A true win win.

However, the two 8.7 year old birds will go through a c-check, but not the final. Not a good position for the leasing company. Most airlines leasing/buying that old want a heafty discount... But most of the aircraft book value should be depreciated allowing a new home to be found.

How long are the Vistara leases? We're all SpiceJet leases 2 years as broadcast, or were some longer term?

Ironically, this allows SpiceJet through the MAX fuss without much issue

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

YLWbased

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:45 am

It is funny that FIDS in HKG is still showing all 9W codeshare flight numbers.
Hong Kong is not China. Not better or worse, just different.

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:20 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Vistara 6

Average Age = 5.9 Y

SpiceJet 26

Average Age = 11.2 Y

Superb information and thanks for compiling!

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:27 am

This Jet Airways aircraft lease pits Indian bankruptcy code against international ones

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 60151.html

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:
Aircraft which have so far been placed with Vistara or SpiceJet
Vistara 6
Average Age = 5.9 Y

SpiceJet 26
Average Age = 11.2 Y

Lightsaber and others:

What is the ballpark monthly lease rate on a B 737-800 aircraft that is 6 years and 11 years? After how many years does a B 737-800 have to go for maintenance that would take it out of service for more than a week?

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:02 pm

edealinfo wrote:
This Jet Airways aircraft lease pits Indian bankruptcy code against international ones

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 60151.html

If India refuses to follow Cape Town, they do so at the peril of very worsening terms for their airlines.

It also threatens secured asset financing for all industries. Either the first lien is honored or it isn't.

A bad legal ruling could send India into recession due to stalling access to international funds. We could then stop discussing India being the fastest growing aviation market.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:19 pm

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:
Aircraft which have so far been placed with Vistara or SpiceJet
Vistara 6
Average Age = 5.9 Y

SpiceJet 26
Average Age = 11.2 Y

Lightsaber and others:

What is the ballpark monthly lease rate on a B 737-800 aircraft that is 6 years and 11 years? After how many years does a B 737-800 have to go for maintenance that would take it out of service for more than a week?

I could only estimate:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1422705

$285,000/month new, so-so credit. $120,000/month old, good credit. Both rates for 738.

Aircraft introduced 1997 or 22 years ago or lease rate drops about $6,500/month per year of age.

So six year about $245,000/month 11 year about $205,000/month. Again, just estimates.

Because of the extreamely high certified life (110,000 flight cycles and 125,000 flight hours), the 737NG, in particular the 738, holds value. I expect all the aircraft to age out on hours. Only island hopping aircraft could age out on cycles and I'm not aware of any exclusive use of the 737NG on island hopping. Yes, I know of caribean aircraft, but they fly longer flights that I estimate are in aggregate averaging over 1.2 hours per flight and thus will age out on hours (e.g., fly to MIA or JFK too).

These are 2 year leases for SpiceJet, but under time pressure, do +/-20% is my uncertainty band.

So every month the GoI holds the aircraft penslizes the leasing company over $200,000. They won't have much patience for that. Not with extended MAX groundings pushing up rates and the expectation rates will droo shortly after the floor of MAXes return to service as hundreds of efficient aircraft enter the global fleet quickly.

Lightsaber

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 pm

lightsaber wrote:

So every month the GoI holds the aircraft penslizes the leasing company over $200,000. They won't have much patience for that. Not with extended MAX groundings pushing up rates and the expectation rates will droo shortly after the floor of MAXes return to service as hundreds of efficient aircraft enter the global fleet quickly.

Lightsaber

Thank you for your information on lease rates.

Separately, the lease companies have only themselves to blame. Why didn't they de-register the aircraft and pull it out of the country when they had more than adequate time to do so? On these very forums, I had warned that they should never leave it up to the Indian legal system.

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:18 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

UKFLYER26

Wow, only the following 13 ex-Jet 737-800 NG have yet to be placed. Could you possibly indicate their age and lessor? This will give an indication of whether SpirceJet or Vistara gets them. Both are seeking to add even more ex-Jet planes. We know at least 4 or 5 on the list are already going to Vistara. Could we guess which ones? So 13 - 5 = 8 are up for grabs between the two carriers. Wow, the 737-800 NG are going fast!

VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK
VT-JTB - 39070 - De-Reg Complete - Stored

vadodara

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:23 pm

MCA orders fraud probe against Jet Airway

"Company was prima facie indulging into malpractices, mismanagement through siphoning/ writing-off/ diversion of funds and other financial irregularities, including but not limited to preferential/ related party transactions prejudicial to the public interest," said MCA in the order.

Some of the companies which will face the SFIO probe include Jet Lite (India) ltd, Jet Privilege (India) Ltd. An email sent to Jet Airways, Naresh Goyal did not result in a response immediately.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/mca-orders-fraud-probe-against-jet-airways-1562257401702.html

vadodara

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 pm

edealinfo:

Looks like Punjabi airlines where the business plan is serving Scotch with Tandoori chicken dont seem to cut it anymore.

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:27 pm

vadodara wrote:
MCA orders fraud probe against Jet Airway

"Company was prima facie indulging into malpractices, mismanagement through siphoning/ writing-off/ diversion of funds and other financial irregularities, including but not limited to preferential/ related party transactions prejudicial to the public interest," said MCA in the order.

Some of the companies which will face the SFIO probe include Jet Lite (India) ltd, Jet Privilege (India) Ltd. An email sent to Jet Airways, Naresh Goyal did not result in a response immediately.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/mca-orders-fraud-probe-against-jet-airways-1562257401702.html

There is also a safety violation "probe" specifically at Spicejet. Now that there were safety incidents, they needed to place blame on SpiceGet so blame wouldn't fall on DGCA! That's how things are in India. Everything is in reverse. The probes shouldn't be post -fact but should precede the event!

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:29 pm

vadodara wrote:
edealinfo:

Looks like Punjabi airlines where the business plan is serving Scotch with Tandoori chicken dont seem to cut it anymore.

Agree; the Gujjus have now taken that place. Didn't you hear of the plan to build a new airport near Moody's favorite statue in his home state? And, the Adanis taking over 6 airports? Looks like you are moving up the ladder as well.

https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... e/1593154/

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 pm

edealinfo wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Separately, the lease companies have only themselves to blame. Why didn't they de-register the aircraft and pull it out of the country when they had more than adequate time to do so? On these very forums, I had warned that they should never leave it up to the Indian legal system.

The lease companies will learn this lesson. Expect far less grace time to aircraft re-register in the future. Expect banks to issue default notices earlier to Indian airlines.

Tit for tat is basic deplomacy. You are advocating no free grace period for Indian airlines. For in a "only the selves to blame" environment, finance companies get harsher on advocating their terms.

Oh... Interesting repercussions for several Inian Airlines. If the Indian legal system is not to be trusted to keep to their agreements, it isn't the GoI who determines the rules. Read "The World is Flat" by Thomas Freedman.

vadodara

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 pm

edealinfo wrote:
vadodara wrote:
edealinfo:

Agree; the Gujjus have now taken that place. Didn't you hear of the plan to build a new airport near Moody's favorite statue in his home state? And, the Adanis taking over 6 airports? Looks like you are moving up the ladder as well.

https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... e/1593154/

Yep! Fraud and corruption can only take a business so far.

Gujju's go for growth! ;)

edealinfo

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:00 pm

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

The lease companies will learn this lesson. Expect far less grace time to aircraft re-register in the future. Expect banks to issue default notices earlier to Indian airlines.

Tit for tat is basic deplomacy. You are advocating no free grace period for Indian airlines. For in a "only the selves to blame" environment, finance companies get harsher on advocating their terms.

Oh... Interesting repercussions for several Inian Airlines. If the Indian legal system is not to be trusted to keep to their agreements, it isn't the GoI who determines the rules. Read "The World is Flat" by Thomas Freedman.

In India the right arm doesn't interact with the left; meaning the government, government institutions, and the legal system follow their own tracks disconnected with what should be the unified purpose of the whole. Its part of being Indian; its just the way it is.

unrave

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:18 am

edealinfo wrote:

There is also a safety violation "probe" specifically at Spicejet. Now that there were safety incidents, they needed to place blame on SpiceGet so blame wouldn't fall on DGCA! That's how things are in India. Everything is in reverse. The probes shouldn't be post -fact but should precede the event!

How do you probe an incident before it takes place?
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

edealinfo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:52 am

UKFLYER, you may update your list with this information:

VT-JFN - 39062 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (now with SpiceJet as VT-SYR, https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -39062.htm )

VT-JFZ - 39069 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (now with SpiceJet as VT-TGC, https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -39069.htm )

edealinfo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:55 am

unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

How do you probe an incident before it takes place?

I didn't explain myself correctly, so my fault. What I meant is that one has to conduct the safety audits in order to prevent incidents. What is happening is that only after an incident occurs that the DGCA wake up and then find fault with the airline in order to shift blame from itself!

edealinfo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:57 am

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER, you may update your list with this information:

VT-JFN - 39062 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (now with SpiceJet as VT-SYR, https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -39062.htm )

VT-JFZ - 39069 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (now with SpiceJet as VT-TGC, https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plan ... -39069.htm )

This means that only 11 737-800 NGs are yet to be placed. [4 or 5 of these are already going to Vistara, which ones?? I suspect that SPiceJet has already picked the remaining]

VT-JFJ - 39059 - Stored as 2-TJFJ (Current Lessor BOC; First Flight May 2013, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK (Current Lessor MCAP; First Flight June 2013, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur (Current Lessor aircraft leasing eight limited ; First Flight April 2014, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur (Current Lessor aircraft leasing eight limited ; First Flight May 2014, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JFM - 39067 - Stored as 2-TJFM (Current Lessor MCAP; First Flight Aug 2013, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JFP - 39068 - Stored as 2-TJFP - Ferried Ostrava (Current Lessor MCAP; First Flight Nov 2013, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B24 )
VT-JTB - 39070 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (Current Lessor Fly Leasing; First Flight Dec 2014, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26 )
VT-JFB - 39401 - De-Reg Complete - Stored (Current Lessor GECAS; First Flight July 2012, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26 )
VT-JTH - 40233 - Stored as 2-TJTH - Ferried Amman (Current Lessor GECAS; First Flight June 2009, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26)
VT-JTK - 40235 - Stored as 2-TJTK (Current Lessor AWAS; First Flight Sept 2009, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26 )
VT-JTN - 40236 - Stored as 2-TJTN - Ferried Amman (Current Lessor Cdb Aviation; First Flight Nov 2009, 2 x CFMI CFM56-7B26)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos