Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

edealinfo

Re: Jet Airways: Shutdown

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm

DLPMMM wrote:
No one seriously believes that Jet will return, including the airlines that now have the slots.

And, the investigations on Jet will scare anyone into investing since the Government has already made clear it isn’t offering a waiver/immunity.

Also, since the Government intends to sell Ir India, a revived Jet won’t make it easier.

Crazy4Planes

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:06 pm

One of my friends who was a pilot in Jet Airways told me that they have started ground training and stuff. Also got to know that they are restarting.
Anyone having insights into this? Are they restarting for sure?

binayak

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Crazy4Planes wrote:
One of my friends who was a pilot in Jet Airways told me that they have started ground training and stuff. Also got to know that they are restarting.

No , nothing like that was reported by any journalist here . All I've heard is the AMEs will report on select days to maintain the grounded 77Ws.

unrave

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Crazy4Planes wrote:

NCLT process will take its own sweet time and even at the end of it there is no guarantee that the airline will find any investor. I hope your friend is no holding on the hope of the airline coming back.

edealinfo

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:09 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:
Jet Airways Fleet Update (Entire Fleet)
UKFLYER26

Are there any updates to these 25 Boeing 737-888 NGs?

VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored as OE-IBT
VT-JGT - 34801 - Stored as M-ABLZ
VT-JGU - 34802 - Stored as M-ABMA
VT-JGV - 34803 - Stored as 2-RLBJ
VT-JBJ - 36551 - Stored as N551AG - Ferried Chicago Rockford
VT-JBK - 36553 - Stored as N553CG - Most likely ferry Chicago Rockford
VT-JTF - 36813 - Stored as 2-VTJF - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JTG - 36815 - Stored as 2-VTJG - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JBU - 36825 - Stored as 2-STND - Ferried Tallinn
VT-JBV - 36827 - Stored as 2-CHTR
VT-JBB - 36846 - Stored as N846AG- Ferried Chicago Rockford
VT-JBC - 36847 - Stored as N847AG - Most likely ferry Chicago Rockford
VT-JFC - 38030 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JFF - 39055 - Stored
VT-JFJ - 39059 - Stored as 2-TJFJ
VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK- Ferried Ostrava
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur
VT-JFM - 39067 - Stored as 2-TJFM
VT-JFP - 39068 - Stored as 2-TJFP - Ferried Ostrava
VT-JTB - 39070 - Stored as 2-BTTC - Ferried Woensdrecht
VT-JFB - 39401 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JTH - 40233 - Stored as 2-TJTH - Ferried Amman
VT-JTK - 40235 - Stored as 2-TJTK - Most likely ferry to Amman
VT-JTN - 40236 - Stored as 2-TJTN - Ferried Amman

bennett123

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 am

Given the MAX situation, I am surprised that they are still parked.

edealinfo

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:34 pm

edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:
UKFLYER26

Are there any updates to the Boeing 737?

For the Indian aviation forum on airliners.net

"M-ABLX Ex VT-JFT (Jet Airways Boeing 737-800HGW) to join Vistara's fleet and will operate the flight(s) to Singapore and back."

UKFLYER26

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:53 am

edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:
UKFLYER26

"M-ABLX Ex VT-JFT (Jet Airways Boeing 737-800HGW) to join Vistara's fleet and will operate the flight(s) to Singapore and back."

Thanks Edealinfo, super busy at the minute but will do an update towards the back end of next week. In regards to the 25 aircraft, I’m sure a number of these have been placed but talks/contracts will still be ongoing.

edealinfo

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:56 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Thanks Edealinfo, super busy at the minute but will do an update towards the back end of next week. In regards to the 25 aircraft, I’m sure a number of these have been placed but talks/contracts will still be ongoing.

Not a problem and take you time. Separately, in another thread, I found out that Vistara, apparently, is only taking over ex-Jet aircraft that have "Boeing Space Interiors". Like VT-JFT which is going to Vistara, VT-JFS is almost certainly going to Vistara as a) it is a HGW version, 2) has Boeing Space Interiors, and 3) is being repainted in Nagpur. So, when you make the update you could state VT-JFS is "likely to go to Vistara" or something along those lines.

DLPMMM

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:57 am

Sept. 20 scheduled to be the final day of decision by NCLT on the final disposition of Jet’s assets.

This seems to be a very good summary of the current situation.

http://m.atwonline.com/airlines/jet-air ... et-bidders

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:00 am

DLPMMM wrote:
Sept. 20 scheduled to be the final day of decision by NCLT on the final disposition of Jet’s assets.

In the article they say - “Discussions with regulators indicate that reclaiming slots would be “considered favorably depending upon the level of operations upon recommencement,”
Really, I mean I thought the saga is over. So once agin it is back on the table that Jet can get their slots back????

DLPMMM

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
DLPMMM wrote:

In the article they say - “Discussions with regulators indicate that reclaiming slots would be “considered favorably depending upon the level of operations upon recommencement,”
Really, I mean I thought the saga is over. So once agin it is back on the table that Jet can get their slots back????

The saga is over. This is just “window dressing” by regulators to avoid political image problems.

They won’t sell any assets until at least September 20, and any “new owner” must apply for the slots with schedules by September 30? And the new owners would have to pay off the creditors as well because the slots are not fungible on their own. And the debts continue to pile up every day.

Jet is dead.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 pm

DLPMMM wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
DLPMMM wrote:

The saga is over. This is just “window dressing” by regulators to avoid political image problems.

They won’t sell any assets until at least September 20, and any “new owner” must apply for the slots with schedules by September 30? And the new owners would have to pay off the creditors as well because the slots are not fungible on their own. And the debts continue to pile up every day.

Jet is dead.

Window dressing makes no sense. No one cares and everyone has moved on. From my POV, Jet is dead and it should be let to die because everyone here that understands Indian law says there is no way to resurrect it (in the US it would definitely be "bought" by another airline). This all just makes the GOI's IBC process look bad. Just to go deeper into what you said (I am just discussing don't really care) - the slots being connecting to the debt really doesn't make sense. The tribunal should be able to sell of the company free of liabilities. That is the point of IBC. Otherwise what is the difference between IBC and what we just went through for months on bids. Remember all the debt claimants receive their prorate share of the debt based on the IBC's priority. If they don't sell it they get ZERO. So unclear why you think debtors are rooting for all or nothing (although the law is the law and the debtors don't get to change it)? See link below on Etihad's interest. All Jet really has left is their slots. So if a buyer can't get the slots, then this is just about 12 aircraft that are somewhat owned/leased.

https://www.thehindu.com/business/Indus ... 692017.ece

DLPMMM

Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
DLPMMM wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Jet is dead.

Window dressing makes no sense. No one cares and everyone has moved on. From my POV, Jet is dead and it should be let to die because everyone here that understands Indian law says there is no way to resurrect it (in the US it would definitely be "bought" by another airline). This all just makes the GOI's IBC process look bad. Just to go deeper into what you said (I am just discussing don't really care) - the slots being connecting to the debt really doesn't make sense. The tribunal should be able to sell of the company free of liabilities. That is the point of IBC. Otherwise what is the difference between IBC and what we just went through for months on bids. Remember all the debt claimants receive their prorate share of the debt based on the IBC's priority. If they don't sell it they get ZERO. So unclear why you think debtors are rooting for all or nothing (although the law is the law and the debtors don't get to change it)? See link below on Etihad's interest. All Jet really has left is their slots. So if a buyer can't get the slots, then this is just about 12 aircraft that are somewhat owned/leased.

I guess theoretically that the AOC, and owned planes could be sold, but the slots would have to be re-applied for from the regulators...and only those slots that could be immediatly used with available aircraft would have the favorable view of the regulators and still at risk, so the slots are not so valuable..in the mean time, the apportionment of the revenue from the sold assets will not be so clear cut, due to collaterization, cross-collateralization, and other prioritization of debts like taxes and back wages.

Your statement that "if they don't sell it they get ZERO" is wrong!!

The assets will get sold off piecemeal and the proceeds distributed to the debt holders...kind of like an estate auction. The debt holders will probably get more this way than by trying to sell it off as an ongoing concern...earlier predictions from SBI of recovery from liquidation of the assets were something like 15 or 20% IIRC.

There is really no "company" to sell free of liabilities. Almost all the aircraft are gone, all the subcontractors, most all the staff...other than the time to get an AOC, any organization would probably be better off starting from scratch.

The window dressing I am referring to is just the particular regulator trying to make it look like they are trying to be helpful, and not at fault for Jet's demise by taking away the slots and redistributing them.

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm

DLPMMM wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
DLPMMM wrote:

Jet is dead.

I guess theoretically that the AOC, and owned planes could be sold, but the slots would have to be re-applied for from the regulators...and only those slots that could be immediatly used with available aircraft would have the favorable view of the regulators and still at risk, so the slots are not so valuable..in the mean time, the apportionment of the revenue from the sold assets will not be so clear cut, due to collaterization, cross-collateralization, and other prioritization of debts like taxes and back wages.

Your statement that "if they don't sell it they get ZERO" is wrong!!

The assets will get sold off piecemeal and the proceeds distributed to the debt holders...kind of like an estate auction. The debt holders will probably get more this way than by trying to sell it off as an ongoing concern...earlier predictions from SBI of recovery from liquidation of the assets were something like 15 or 20% IIRC.

There is really no "company" to sell free of liabilities. Almost all the aircraft are gone, all the subcontractors, most all the staff...other than the time to get an AOC, any organization would probably be better off starting from scratch.

The window dressing I am referring to is just the particular regulator trying to make it look like they are trying to be helpful, and not at fault for Jet's demise by taking away the slots and redistributing them.

As you said - "There is really no "company" to sell free of liabilities. Almost all the aircraft are gone, all the subcontractors, most all the staff...other than the time to get an AOC, any organization would probably be better off starting from scratch."

That is exactly my point. There is really nothing there other than the slots that go with the AOC or the company (what ever technical thing it goes with and the GOI still says Jet has those). That is the zero I am referring to. Not a literal zero. Even an owned computer will fetch something. The maximum value the creditors will get is to sell all owned assets plus the AOC with Slots (assuming the slots go with the AOC).

DLPMMM

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:58 am

The maximum return for the debt holders will be to liquidate the assets in piecemeal fashion and forget about the slots.

The remaining assets will have a better value being sold individually to different buyers than being sold as a single lot.

The slots are now worth pretty much nothing, as there is not a critical mass of slots left to make a sizable hub.

The AOC perhaps could still be sold separately, I don’t know Indian air operators law that well as far as transferability.

The pieces are now worth more than the whole.

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:57 am

Just saw an ad in the Economic Times today for Jet Privilege--"More powerful than ever"...what's the latest on the program?

CPS001

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Just saw an ad in the Economic Times today for Jet Privilege--"More powerful than ever"...what's the latest on the program?
They've been very aggressive with their marketing lately...have tied up with a hodgepodge of airlines for accrual/redemptions apart from hotel and shopping partners. They're trying to shed the Jet Airways brand notion.

NG263

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 am

The four 900ER's seem to have been picked up by Sky Up Airlines from Ukraine, according to planespotters.net

lightsaber
Topic Author

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:42 am

maint123 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

I assume this aircraft is owned by Jet Airways. If not, the lessor should go to "IQ Jail" for letting it get caught in India's notorious legal process.

If India really makes it difficult, they will find the cost to the whole economy very high.

Lightsaber

Could you elaborate on your comment?
How would this impact the 2.5 trillion usd Indian economy ?

The banks that loan to the leasing companies will get spooked. What India is doing is invalidating collateral loans. That means every tier of loan becomes pricier. Pricey loans slow economic growth.

Lightsaber

maint123

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:10 pm

lightsaber wrote:
maint123 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
If India really makes it difficult, they will find the cost to the whole economy very high.

Lightsaber

The banks that loan to the leasing companies will get spooked. What India is doing is invalidating collateral loans. That means every tier of loan becomes pricier. Pricey loans slow economic growth.

Lightsaber

Indian aviation sectors contribution to India's GDP is around
80 b usd. So for a 2500 b usd economy, its around 3.2 %.
I have serious doubts that higher loan rates in the airlines industry will have any noticeable effect on India's economy.
The courts should follow local law and not get influenced by outsiders.

Phosphorus

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm

maint123 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
maint123 wrote:

Lightsaber

I have serious doubts that higher loan rates in the airlines industry will have any noticeable effect on India's economy.

Banks and financial institutions actually "talk" to each other, communicating news of risk escalation, via rating agencies, and other risk evaluation mechanisms. The news that a particular country is ignoring collateral rules, fixed by a treaty, will propagate, and other banks and financial companies will re-price this risk. Any money lent into any company in the country in question, will come with harsher terms and more expensively.

CaliguyNYC

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 pm

DLPMMM wrote:
The maximum return for the debt holders will be to liquidate the assets in piecemeal fashion and forget about the slots.

The remaining assets will have a better value being sold individually to different buyers than being sold as a single lot.

The slots are now worth pretty much nothing, as there is not a critical mass of slots left to make a sizable hub.

The AOC perhaps could still be sold separately, I don’t know Indian air operators law that well as far as transferability.

I think the assumption would be all of Jet's domestic slots are still with Jet since they have temporarily been granted to others. So unclear what you mean by most slots not being there. That said, I am not saying this would ever happen but articles still are written saying that Jet still has its slots and airlines are looking at buying the airline. We are months into the Jet saga, and it is so strange how little clarity there is on what the IBC can really do and what specifically people are looking at bidding on. If you take the articles at face value (say on what Etihad is looking at buying), I would say the whole is absolutely greater than the parts right now. Other than Jet's previous slot portfolio, there is very little left.

Phosphorus

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
DLPMMM wrote:

I think the assumption would be all of Jet's domestic slots are still with Jet since they have temporarily been granted to others. So unclear what you mean by most slots not being there. That said, I am not saying this would ever happen but articles still are written saying that Jet still has its slots and airlines are looking at buying the airline. We are months into the Jet saga, and it is so strange how little clarity there is on what the IBC can really do and what specifically people are looking at bidding on. If you take the articles at face value (say on what Etihad is looking at buying), I would say the whole is absolutely greater than the parts right now. Other than Jet's previous slot portfolio, there is very little left.

I gather, we are at this moment discussing a theoretical scenario of Jet being sold off, clear of liabilities and retaining its asset and intangibles portfolio (AOC and ALL slots). It's a tall order, but let's see how it plays out.
Imagine a buyer shows up, and injects a fair chunk of money, and gets the airline off the ground. Assembling crews, re-establishing relations, getting some airplanes -- all takes time. Even if the airline maintains token operations, and has immediate legal right to the slot portfolio, it's unfathomable an operation on the scale of "Old Jet" will be re-established quickly.
The pressure on regulators to redistribute slots, especially at busy airports (i.e. those slots are actually worth something) will be immense, and the questions will be coming from all over the place -- if it is fair to penalize the traveling public with capacity constraints (either via holding slots in reserve, or allocating them on temporary basis, making temporary users unwilling to run sustainable service), holding slots, waiting for "Jet 2.0" to come around to its former glory and utilize the whole slot portfolio?
And thus, the slot portfolio is vulnerable, and even if sale paperwork says "100% of the slot portfolio included", in reality it sounds not possible.
And all this -- before the snakepit of politics and backroom scheming is taken into account.

UKFLYER26

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Update 8

Broken down into fleet type and ordered by MSN

737-700 (4/4)
of 4 re-registered aircraft, 4 currently placed

VT-JGX - 34805 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYT
VT-JGY - 34806 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYU
VT-SIZ - 33025 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYO
VT-SJA - 33026 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYP

737-800 (67/72)
of 67 re-registered aircraft, 46 currently placed

VT-JGF - 29639 - To Jet2 as G-DRTI
VT-JGG - 29668 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZD
VT-JTC - 29685 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYM
VT-JGA - 30410 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYK
VT-JTD - 30734 - To FlyBondi as LV-HKN
VT-JGK - 32579 - Cargo Conversion - Ferried Jinan - Stored as N542RL
VT-JGE - 32663 - Cargo Conversion - To Primeair as N5167A
VT-JLE - 33555 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYI
VT-JLF - 33556 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYJ
VT-SJI - 34399 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXB
VT-SJJ - 34400 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXC
VT-JGQ - 34797 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYF
VT-JGP - 34798 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYG
VT-JGR - 34799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYA
VT-JGS - 34800 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYB
VT-JGT - 34801 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXD
VT-JGU - 34802 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXE
VT-JGV - 34803 - Stored as 2-RLBJ - Potential SpiceJet Aircraft, Unconfirmed.
VT-JGW - 34804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SXA
VT-JBF - 35082 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYC
VT-JBG - 35083 - Stored (Owned A/C - Registered to Jet Airways)
VT-JBD - 35099 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYD
VT-JBE - 35106 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYE
VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian/ASKY?)
VT-JBL - 35651 - Stored (Owned A/C - Registered to Jet Airways)
VT-JBJ - 36551 - Stored as N551AG - Ferried Chicago Rockford, USA
VT-JBK - 36553 - Stored as N553CG - Ferried Chicago Rockford, USA
VT-JBQ - 36694 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYW
VT-JBR - 36695 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYX
VT-JBS - 36698 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYY
VT-JTF - 36813 - Stored as 2-VTJF - Ferried Ostrava, Czech Republic
VT-JTG - 36815 - Stored as 2-VTJG - Ferried Ostrava, Czech Republic
VT-JBM - 36817 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBV
VT-JBN - 36818 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBW
VT-JBP - 36819 - To Smartavia as VQ-BBY
VT-JBU - 36825 - Stored as 2-STND - Ferried Tallinn, Estonia
VT-JBV - 36827 - Stored as 2-CHTR - Ferried Tallinn, Estonia
VT-JBB - 36846 - Stored as N846AG- Ferried Chicago Rockford, USA
VT-JBC - 36847 - Stored as N847AG - Most likely ferry Chicago Rockford, USA
VT-JTE - 37743 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZE
VT-JTL - 37745 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZF
VT-JTM - 37746 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZG
VT-JBW - 37960 - To Vistara as VT-TGD
VT-JBX - 37961 - To MIAT Mongolian Airlines as JU-1088
VT-JFA - 38029 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZI
VT-JFD - 39051 - To Ethiopian Airlines/ASKY as ET-AXO
VT-JFE - 39053 - To Vistara as VT-TGA
VT-JFF - 39055 - Stored
VT-JFG - 39057 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYQ
VT-JFH - 39058 - To Vistara as VT-TGB
VT-JFK - 39060 - Stored as 2-TJFK- Ferried Ostrava, Czech Republic
VT-JFL - 39061 - To Vistara as VT-TGE
VT-JFN - 39062 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYR
VT-JFQ - 39063 - To Smartavia as VP-BBD
VT-JFR - 39064 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYS
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur - ALAFCO - Potential Vistara Aircraft, Unconfirmed.
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur - ALAFCO - Potential Vistara Aircraft, Unconfirmed.
VT-JFP - 39068 - Stored as 2-TJFP - Ferried Ostrava, Czech Republic
VT-JFZ - 39069 - To Vistara as VT-TGC
VT-JTB - 39070 - Stored as 2-BTTC - Ferried Woensdrecht, Netherlands.
VT-JTH - 40233 - Stored as 2-TJTH - Ferried Amman, Jordan.
VT-JTK - 40235 - Stored as 2-TJTK - Likely Ferry To Amman, Jordan.
VT-JTN - 40236 - Stored as 2-TJTN - Ferried Amman, Jordan.
VT-JFW - 42799 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYH
VT-JFX - 42800 - To GOL Brazil as PR-GZH
VT-JFY - 42804 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYN
VT-JTA - 42805 - To Vistara as VT-TGF

737-900 (4/6)
of 4 re-registered aircraft, 1 currently placed

VT-JGC - 30412 - To SpiceJet as VT-SYL
VT-JGD - 33740 - Stored (Still Registered to Jet Airways)
VT-JLH - 35223 - Stored as OE-IDW - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored as OE-IDX - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JBY - 35227 - Stored as OE-IDZ - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JBZ - 36539 - De-Reg Complete -Likely Ferry To Lasham, UK - GECAS - Stored - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.

737-Max 8 (5/8)
of 5 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JXD - 43558 - Stored as 2-JXDW
VT-JXF - 43615 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXA - 44861 - Stored as 2-JXAX
VT-JXC - 44862 - Stored as 2-JXCY
VT-JXE - 44863 - Stored as 2-JXEE
VT-JXG - 44864 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXH - 43616 - De-Reg Complete - Stored
VT-JXB - 60703 - Stored as 2-JXBZ

777-300 (4/10)
of 4 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEQ - 35161 - Stored as OE-IIJ - Ferried Shannon
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored
VT-JEX- 35163 - Stored as 2-TJEX
VT-JEW - 35164 - Stored - Impounded Amsterdam
VT-JEK - 35165 - Stored as 2-JEKA
VT-JEH - 35166 - Stored as 2-TJEH

330-200 (2/4)
of 2 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored
VT-JWP - 947 - Stored as 2-ACUA - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes
VT-JWQ - 956 - Stored as 2-ACUB - Ferried Tarbes-Loudes

330-300 (4/4)

VT-JRW - 1351 - Stored as 2-VJWR - Ferried Tarbes-Lourdes
VT-JWS - 1361 - Stored as M-ABLV - Ferried Tarbes-Lourdes
VT-JWT - 1370 - Stored as M-ABLW - Ferried Tarbes-Lourdes
VT-JWU - 1391 - Stored as 2-VJWU - Ferried Tarbes-Lourdes

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)
of 18 re-registered aircraft, 0 currently placed

VT-JDD - 758 - Stored as M-IBAD
VT-JCJ - 771 - Stored as M-ABMB
VT-JDC - 772 - Stored as M-IBAC
VT-JCK - 775 - Stored as M-ABMH
VT-JCL - 791 - Stored as M-ABMC
VT-JCM - 793 - Stored as M-ABMD
VT-JCN - 825 - Stored as M-ABME - Ferried Hyderabad
VT-JCP - 841 - Stored as M-ABMF
VT-JCQ - 843 - Stored as M-ABMG
VT-JCR - 919 - Stored as M-IBAM
VT-JCS - 920 - Stored as M-IBAN
VT-JCT - 924 - Stored as M-IBAO
VT-JCU - 928 - Stored as M-IBAP
VT-JCV - 932 - Stored as M-IBAQ
VT-JCW - 933 - Stored as M-IBAR
VT-JCX - 1056 - Stored as EI-GIV - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCY - 1064 - Stored as EI-GIW - Ferried Sonderborg
VT-JCZ - 1075 - Stored as EI-GIX - Ferried Sonderborg

Changes in this update:

737-700 - No Changes To Report, All A/C Placed.
737-800
- MSN 34801 / 34802 Placed with SpiceJet as VT-SXD / VT-SXE.
- MSN 36553 ferried Shannon > Chicago Rockford.
- MSN 36827 ferried to Tallinn, Estonia.
- MSN 39065 / 39066 - Potential Vistara Aircraft - Unconfirmed, so not marking as placed yet.
- MSN 34803 - Potential SpiceJet Aircraft - Unconfirmed, so not marking as placed yet.
737 Max 8 - No Changes To Report
737-900
- MSN 35225 ferried to Lasham, UK.
- MSN 36539 likely to ferry to Lasham, UK shortly.
- 4 GECAS aircraft rumoured to Enter Service with Sky Up Airlines, Ukraine. (35223, 35224, 35227, 26539) - Unconfirmed, so not marking as placed yet.
777-300 - MSN 35161 ferried to Shannon.
330-200 - MSN 956 ferried Madrid > Loudes.
330-300 - No Changes To Report
ATR 72s - MSN 825 ferried to Hyderabad.

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

UKFLYER26

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:11 am

Update 9

737-700 (4/4)

737-800 (68/72)
of 68 re-registered aircraft, 47 currently placed

VT-JBG - 35289 - Stored as OE-IBS - Ferried Addis Ababa (assuming EIS with Ethiopian/ASKY?)
VT-JTF - 36813 - To NordStar as VQ-BAA
VT-JFF - 39055 - Stored
VT-JFS - 39065 - Stored as M-ABLY - Ferried Nagpur - ALAFCO - Potential Vistara Aircraft, Unconfirmed.
VT-JFT - 39066 - Stored as M-ALBX - Ferried Nagpur - ALAFCO - Potential Vistara Aircraft, Unconfirmed.

737-900 (4/6)

VT-JLH - 35223 - Stored as OE-IDW - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JLJ - 35225 - Stored as OE-IDX - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JBY - 35227 - Stored as OE-IDZ - Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.
VT-JBZ - 36539 - De-Reg Complete -Likely Ferry To Lasham, UK - GECAS - Stored - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.

737-Max 8 (5/8)

777-300 (4/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (2/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored

330-300 (4/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

Changes in this update:

737-800
- MSN36813 - Placed with NordStar Airlines.
737-900 - No Changes To Report
777-300 - No Changes To Report
330-200 - No Changes To Report
ATR 72s - No Changes To Report

Thanks,

UKFLYER26[/quote]

Phosphorus

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:57 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:

737-900 (4/6)

Thank you, UKFLYER26, for diligently following this!
About SkyUp (Ukraine) -- yes, the rumors are flying around -- that they are picking up these four former Jet frames. Before rumor mill started running, SkyUp fleet plan showed they still had to induct two frames this year and two more early next year.
Originally, their plan was to have 738 frames as mainstay, and a couple of 73G frames as route-proving aircraft.
It looks like SkyUp owners (a tour operator JoinUp) has realized they cannot keep up with demand, if they operate 738's as the largest frame, and that apparently lead to a change in thinking. Now, the idea appears to have 739's for the most popular routes, 738's for rest of the flying, and two 73G's continue in their route-proving function (one of them wears Shakhtar football club special livery, and apparently shuttles that team around from time to time).
So, no surprise if they lay their hands on these four 737-900. Are they fitted with "Sky Interiors"?

UKFLYER26

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 am

Phosphorus wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

737-900 (4/6)

Thank you, UKFLYER26, for diligently following this!
About SkyUp (Ukraine) -- yes, the rumors are flying around -- that they are picking up these four former Jet frames. Before rumor mill started running, SkyUp fleet plan showed they still had to induct two frames this year and two more early next year.
Originally, their plan was to have 738 frames as mainstay, and a couple of 73G frames as route-proving aircraft.
It looks like SkyUp owners (a tour operator JoinUp) has realized they cannot keep up with demand, if they operate 738's as the largest frame, and that apparently lead to a change in thinking. Now, the idea appears to have 739's for the most popular routes, 738's for rest of the flying, and two 73G's continue in their route-proving function (one of them wears Shakhtar football club special livery, and apparently shuttles that team around from time to time).
So, no surprise if they lay their hands on these four 737-900. Are they fitted with "Sky Interiors"?

Thanks and no problem, I’d say given the age of these -900s that they won’t have Sky Interiors.

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:26 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 9

737-700 (4/4)

737-800 (68/72)
of 68 re-registered aircraft, 47 currently placed

VT-JFF - 39055 - Stored

737-900 (4/6)

737-Max 8 (5/8)

777-300 (4/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (2/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored

330-300 (4/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

Changes in this update:

737-800
- MSN36813 - Placed with NordStar Airlines.
737-900 - No Changes To Report

Thanks,

UKFLYER26
[/quote]

Thank you for compiling. To enhance your analysis, I suggest that in your summary, that you include how many ex-Jet aircraft were acquired by SpiceJet, and Vistara (e.g, six 737-800 NG)

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:39 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Update 9

Thanks,

UKFLYER26
[/quote]

Your hunch is correct:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... O/M9l3HKwa

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... O/M9l3HKwa

georgiabill

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Any more news on the rumor of SpiceJet looking for slots at LGW and MAN using A330'S? Thinking they might be interested in the A330-300 fleet.

jetwet1

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:43 pm

maint123 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
maint123 wrote:

Lightsaber

It's not just the aviation companies that would be affected, anything that is leased will see a rise in costs, be it heavy machinery, computers to manufacturing equipment.

Think of it like two people buying a car, person A who has great credit, never missed a payment, has a low DTI will get a better rate and lower down payment than someone who has a history of missing payments.

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:13 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Any more news on the rumor of SpiceJet looking for slots at LGW and MAN using A330'S? Thinking they might be interested in the A330-300 fleet.

Do you think they will go for the A330-200 or A330-300. What is the value of 12 year old aircraft for those types. Spicejet folk are probably super cheap iand will pick it up only if it is at least 30 to 50 percent below fair value. the India legal , bureaucratic and political system will ensure that foreign buyers would stay away ensuring that SpiceJet can grab them for a song

danipawa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:00 am

Vistara adding first B787 in February 2020. As that process continues, it will take two more former Jet Airways Boeing 737-800s by the end of August, and another nine Airbus A320neos by the end of the year.

The two ex-Jet 737s will be the last of nine that Vistara has committed to take.https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 20-460141/

UKFLYER26

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Update 10

737-700 (4/4)

737-800 (70/72)
of 70 re-registered aircraft, 49 currently placed

VT-JGJ - 32578 - Stored as N440CC - Likely Cargo Conversion
VT-JBG - 35289 - To Ethiopian Airlines as ET-AXI
VT-JFC - 38030 - Stored as 2-JFCG
VT-JFF - 39055 - Stored as 2-ACGA
VT-JFT - 39066 - To Vistara as VT-TGH
VT-JFB - 39401 - Stored as 2-JFBH

737-900 (4/6)
of 5 re-registered aircraft, 1 currently placed

VT-JBZ - 36539 - Stored as 2-JZBI Ferried Lasham, UK - GECAS - Rumoured EIS Sky Up Airlines (Ukraine), Unconfirmed.

737-Max 8 (5/8)

777-300 (4/10)

VT-JET - 35157 - Stored
VT-JEV - 35158 - Stored
VT-JES - 35159 - Stored
VT-JEU - 35160 - Stored
VT-JEM - 35162 - Stored

330-200 (2/4)

VT-JWW - 888 - Stored (Still Registered to Jet Airways)
VT-JWV - 923 - Stored (Still Registered to Jet Airways)

330-300 (4/4)

ATR 72 Fleet (18/18)

VT-JDD - 758 - Stored as M-IBAD (Ex-Kingfisher A/C)
VT-JDC - 772 - Stored as M-IBAC (Ex-Kingfisher A/C)

Changes in this update:

737-700 - All A/C Placed.
737-800
- MSN 39066 - Placed With Vistara
- MSN 35289 - Now Confirmed with Ethiopian Airlines
- MSN 38030 & MSN 39401 - Re-Registered on the Guernsey aircraft register
737-900
- MSN 36539 - Ferried Lasham, UK.

As requested here is the breakdown of placed aircraft.

SpiceJet = 29 (24 -800, 4 -700 & 1 -900)
Vistara = 7
GOL Brazil = 6
Smart Avia = 4
Ethiopian/ASKY = 2
Flybondi = 1
Jet2 = 1
MAIT = 1
Nordstar = 1
Cargo Conversion = 2

Of 126 Aircraft, 54 have been confirmed placed (roughly 42% of the total Jet Airways fleet).

Thanks,

UKFLYER26

VTORD

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm

UKFLYER26 wrote:

So the 2 cargo (confirmed?) conversions in your summary are this one and N855DM?

UKFLYER26 wrote:

A friend in the Chicago Spotters FB group posted a pic of 2 9W 737s in RFD which he said were cargo conversions. Don't know as to which exact regs. Any idea on that?

As always a big shout out to you for taking the effort to put this list together!!! :thumbsup:

NG263

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 pm

VTORD wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

So the 2 cargo (confirmed?) conversions in your summary are this one and N855DM?

UKFLYER26 wrote:

A friend in the Chicago Spotters FB group posted a pic of 2 9W 737s in RFD which he said were cargo conversions. Don't know as to which exact regs. Any idea on that?

As always a big shout out to you for taking the effort to put this list together!!! :thumbsup:

The oldest one of the ACG frames is just 12 years old. Would be quite a surprise to see one of them going into conversion so young already. So far the BCF frames were in average 5 years older.

UKFLYER26

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:29 pm

VTORD wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

UKFLYER26 wrote:

No problem, and in regards to the a/c in Chicago - I highly doubt these are for cargo conversion. These aircraft will find new homes as pax aircraft.

Confirmed cargo conversion area MSN 32663 which is now in operation with Primeair and MSN 32579 currently undergoing conversion.

I am saying MSN 32578 will likely be cargo conversion given its age (same YOM as the other two above), and the fact that that all three of these aircraft are GECAS birds.

Registration N855DM was a place holder, this is the same aircraft MSN 32663 in service with Primeair as N5167A.

VTORD

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:
Registration N855DM was a place holder, this is the same aircraft MSN 32663 in service with Primeair as N5167A.

Aha! Thanks again..I wasn't aware of the re-registration. Must have missed it in the Amazon fleet thread...

danipawa

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 pm

76er

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:46 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:

Any word on what will happen to this frame? It must be really racking up the parking fees by now. I remember about a decade ago an impounded 747F actually being dismantled on the spot after sitting idle for a looong time. Not that this will happen to this relatively new 77W, but still. Who is in the end going to be footing the bill?

Phosphorus

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:51 am

Bidders for Jet include owners of Avianca:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... et-airways

as seen in Avianca thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1430095#p21616543

UKFLYER26

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:42 am

An investor in one struggling airline group, buying another failed airline. What could possibly go wrong.

Phosphorus wrote:
Bidders for Jet include owners of Avianca:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... et-airways

as seen in Avianca thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1430095#p21616543

UKFLYER26

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

76er wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

Any word on what will happen to this frame? It must be really racking up the parking fees by now. I remember about a decade ago an impounded 747F actually being dismantled on the spot after sitting idle for a looong time. Not that this will happen to this relatively new 77W, but still. Who is in the end going to be footing the bill?

I’d expect some updates soon.

Not sure who will be footing the bill, I’m guessing whoever arranged the impounding which I believe was the cargo handler? Though I am most likely wrong.

juliuswong

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:42 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:
76er wrote:
UKFLYER26 wrote:

I’d expect some updates soon.

Not sure who will be footing the bill, I’m guessing whoever arranged the impounding which I believe was the cargo handler? Though I am most likely wrong.

VT-JEW is now listed for immediate sale by IBA Group. https://www.iba.aero/available-assets/

unrave

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am

juliuswong wrote:
VT-JEW is now listed for immediate sale by IBA Group. https://www.iba.aero/available-assets/

You're a moderator now? Congrats mate.

juliuswong

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:58 am

Some updates from Skyliner-aviation.de:
Boeing 737 -8HX 36847 2388 N847AG ACG Acquisitions ferried 09-10sep19 BOM-CAI-MPL ex VT-JBC
Boeing 737 -8AL 39059 4487 2-TJFJ Elite Aero Ireland ferried 07-08sep19 BOM-HRG-SNN ex VT-JFJ
Boeing 737 -8KN 40233 2952 VP-BSC Nordwind Airlines delivery 09sep19 AMM-SVO (+ 40236/3110 VP-BSE ex 2-TJTN) ex 2-TJTH
ATR 72‑212A(500) 928 M-IBAP Injet Aircraft Leasing ferried 06-09sep19 MAA-BOM-AAN-LXR-ATH-LFBF ex VT-JCU
ATR 72‑212A(500) 924 M-IBAO Injet Aircraft Leasing ferried 06-10sep19 MAA-BOM-AAN-LXR-ATH-LFBF x VT-JCT

Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

danipawa

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 am

Boeing 737 -86N 36827 3836 SP-LWG LOT Polish Airlines delivery 19sep19 TLL-WAW, basic Jet Airways cs ex 2-CHTR
Boeing 737 -86N 38030 4139 2-JFCG GECAS ferried 18sep19 HYD-DEL-DXB-DEL after paint into? ex VT-JFC
Boeing 737 -85R 36553 3074 PR-GZK Gol Linhas Aéreas delivery 18/20sep19 RFD-BGI-CNF, N-reg ex N553CG

source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3

V220

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:55 am

2-CHTR has left from Tallinn as SP-LWG in Jet Airways / LOT hybrid livery.

airboss787

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:47 am

Looking at the quick re-allocation of most 737s in Jet's fleet, I would assume Jet had very good record keeping of the maintenance records of each aircraft since it seems even international airlines are quickly absorbing these planes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos