UKFLYER26

Re: Flybe update

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:52 pm

I find it interesting they have gone to the trouble of creating a “logo” for Connect Airways when my understanding is that this is just a holding company name until they rebrand under the Virgin banner.

CFRPwingALbody

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Does anyone have ideas for who can take over the BHX-AMS and BHX-CDG routes?
Air France (HOP), KLM (cityhopper) and Transavia are most likely not allowed.

3AWM

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Anyone can take them over but like remedy routes at LHR anyone without the competitive advantages of the incumbents (ie a hub on the other end) will find it difficult to get a foothold.

You are right when you indicate not clear who would come in. Easyjet maybe due to presence at AMS and CDG but never shown much interest in BHX before.

DobboDobbo

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:05 am

3AWM wrote:
Effectively confirms that VS AF/KLM buyin will get approval otherwise why woudl they rule that.

I think it’s already been approved according to the link below (I assumed from reading the press release it had already gone through but your post above had me scratching me head!).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virg ... SKCN1Q11YS

factsonly

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:01 am

In Winter FlyBe operates BHX-AMS 7x daily, so letting 5x frequencies go would mean the airline could still operate 2x daily:

Winter 2018/2019:
- BE101 BHX-AMS E195
- BE103 BHX-AMS E175
- BE105 BHX-AMS E195
- BE107 BHX-AMS E175
- BE109 BHX-AMS E195
- BE111 BHX-AMS DH8-400
- BE113 BHX-AMS E195

In summer the route is operated 5x daily, thus loosing 5x slots would effectively close the route.

The question is whether or not BE maintains its 5x slots at AMS (and 3x slots at CDG) or whether BE allocates these slots to other routes.
A reallocation to other routes (or a slot return) depends on what form of cooperation BE/KL will have in future on UK-AMS routes (and BE/AF on UK-France routes).

Anyone's guess at present :spin: .

bluefrog

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:23 am

looking at booking flights from LYS to MAN end of August in the next week or so, i'll not have any sleepless nights wondering if they'll go under now they're under new owners ?

davidjohnson6

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm

I very much doubt Flybe will go bankrupt in the next 12 months - you should be fine to book now for next month.

The risk I would see is possibly some leisure routes might not resume for summer 2020 and some of the minor bases (Cardiff and Doncaster, I'm looking at you) might see further cuts. City routes out of Manchester should be fine

Aisak

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Probably the next big thing will be to put a VS* codeshare service on all flights operated by BE at LHR and MAN. The Virgin logo will suddenly multiply its presence on airport boards.
If the franchise deal is done by the winter timetable, no need for the codeshares. And also Connect will adopt the FF scheme of Virgin Atlantic and will cease to be the largest legacy (meaning no-LCC) airline without the ability to earn/burn points.

Interesting times for regional UK aviation...

leghorn

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Boeing74741R

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
They do have this but not all their staff know about it. I flew 3 segments with FlyBe the back end of June. On the 2 FlyBe direct bookings, the baggage Nazis were hard at work losing customers at Southampton but far more lenient in Manchester.

I flew with Flybe recently from Liverpool to Isle of Man and they didn't ask us to put our cases in a sizer at all. The inconsistency of this policy being applied isn't doing anybody any favours.

Aisak wrote:
And also Connect will adopt the FF scheme of Virgin Atlantic and will cease to be the largest legacy (meaning no-LCC) airline without the ability to earn/burn points.

Bring it on! :bigthumbsup:

OzarkD9S

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Aisak wrote:

Probably the next big thing will be to put a VS* codeshare service on all flights operated by BE at LHR and MAN. The Virgin logo will suddenly multiply its presence on airport boards.
If the franchise deal is done by the winter timetable, no need for the codeshares. And also Connect will adopt the FF scheme of Virgin Atlantic and will cease to be the largest legacy (meaning no-LCC) airline without the ability to earn/burn points.

Interesting times for regional UK aviation...

Not just LHR and MAN, but the whole network will probably get the VS code. Why go in halfway?
Finally headed to DORKFEST! Sept 7, STL-LAX-PHX-STL. :cloudnine:

Cunard

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 am

UKFLYER26 wrote:
I find it interesting they have gone to the trouble of creating a “logo” for Connect Airways when my understanding is that this is just a holding company name until they rebrand under the Virgin banner.

Even IAG the International Airlines Group the Anglo-Spanish holding company for Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling has it's own ''logo'' so no real surprise that Connect Airways has it's own logo as well even if Flybe is to rebrand under the Virgin banner!.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos