Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Allanc1987

Re: Flybe News and Discussion Thread Update: Flybe ceases flying, enters administration

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:39 pm

First Dash 8 for Flybe 2.0 G-CLXC Ex OE-LGA Austrian Airlines has been registered to THYME OPCO on 21st Jan 2021

Oliver2020

Re: Flybe News and Discussion Thread Update: Flybe ceases flying, enters administration

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Allanc1987 wrote:
First Dash 8 for Flybe 2.0 G-CLXC Ex OE-LGA Austrian Airlines has been registered to THYME OPCO on 21st Jan 2021

Thanks. Do you happen to have any information on the Embraers?

Oliver2020

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:39 pm

Thanks
bennett123 wrote:
This is my list;

DHC8

G-ECOA SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-ECOB SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-ECOC NRN HEH Aviation
G-ECOD NRN HEH Aviation
G-ECOE SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-ECOF TRF Chorus Aviation
G-ECOG NRN HEH Aviation For sale 22,602 hrs/25,019 cycles
G-ECOH TRF WTCT
G-ECOI YHZ Chorus Aviation
G-ECOJ NRN HEH Aviation
G-ECOK TRF Donegal Q400 Leasing
G-ECOM NRN HEH Aviation
G-ECOO TRF Chorus Aviation
G-ECOP MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-ECOR MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-ECOT MST HEH Aviation
G-FLBA MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-FLBB NRN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-FLBC NRN HEH Aviation
G-FLBD NRN HEH Aviation
G-FLBE NRN HEH Aviation
G-JECK MST Nordic Aviation Capital (Incident 16/06/2020)
G-JECL NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECM MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECN NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECO MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECP NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECR NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECX MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECY MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-JECZ NRN HEH Aviation
G-JEDM SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDP SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDR SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDT SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDU SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDV SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-JEDW SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-KKEV NRN HEH Aviation
G-PRPA SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPB SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPC SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPD SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPE SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPF SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPG SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPH SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPI SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPJ NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-PRPK NRN Nordic Aviation Capital
G-PRPL SCN Norddeutsche Landesbank
G-PRPM MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-PRPN MST Nordic Aviation Capital
G-PRPO MST Nordic Aviation Capital

ERJ175

G-FBJA LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBU
G-FBJB LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBV
G-FBJC LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBW
G-FBJD LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBX
G-FBJE LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBY
G-FBJF LPAR FLYBE LEASING CAYMAN 1 LTD as 2-RLBZ
G-FBJI MST HEH Aviation
G-FBJJ MST HEH Aviation
G-FBJK BKV CAW Finance Corp as N359EJ

ERJ195

G-FBEG NWI Falko Regional Aircraft
G-FBEH NWI Falko Regional Aircraft
G-FBEI NWI Falko Regional Aircraft
G-FBEJ NWI Falko Regional Aircraft
OY-GDD NWI Great Dane Airlines

I understand that the HEH Aviation registered DHC8 are for Conair.

Any updates welcome.

A380MSN004

Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:52 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
Cyrus Capital are involved in FlyBe Mk2 (one of the Connect Airways consortium members that purchased FlyBe Mk1) so it will be interesting to see what if any changes there are to the strategy for FlyBe Mk2 compared to that promised for FlyBe Mk1.

Do we have an idea how much Cyrus Capital put on the table to bring back to life Flybe Mk2?

DobboDobbo

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 pm

A380MSN004 wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
Cyrus Capital are involved in FlyBe Mk2 (one of the Connect Airways consortium members that purchased FlyBe Mk1) so it will be interesting to see what if any changes there are to the strategy for FlyBe Mk2 compared to that promised for FlyBe Mk1.

Do we have an idea how much Cyrus Capital put on the table to bring back to life Flybe Mk2?

Probably very little is committed at this stage. I’d be surprised if they weren’t preserving it until this COVID disaster is largely done and they can hoover up relatively cheap aircraft, staff etc and have a good pick of slots in what is likely to be a buyers market.

SOUthampton

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:50 pm

Allanc1987 wrote:

Now parked up in Exeter. I am awaiting news on certification flights but will have to see whether I can share it.
Looks like Flybe could be back this year - is it ridiculous to think that this could have been part of Cyrus Capital's planning? A new debt-free Flybe with a smaller fleet?

davidjohnson6

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:16 pm

About a week ago, Lucien Farrell, as head of Cyrus Capital, resigned as director of Thyme Opco, Thyme Investco and Thyme Parentco. See the Companies House website to verify for yourself

This suggests Cyrus is maybe having 2nd thoughts...

sevenair

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:22 pm

What's the old English saying about a fool, his money and being parted from it?

SOUthampton

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:57 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
About a week ago, Lucien Farrell, as head of Cyrus Capital, resigned as director of Thyme Opco, Thyme Investco and Thyme Parentco. See the Companies House website to verify for yourself

This suggests Cyrus is maybe having 2nd thoughts...

Companies House lists Farrell's occupation as 'partner', which surely indicates that he was not the most significant of the two directors?
Being completely clueless about management and the like, I may be wrong.

OA260

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:32 am

Failed Flybe turned into Flymaybe by vulture fund

Flybe is seeking to return to the skies after a vulture fund completed a rescue deal for the collapsed airline.

Administrators at EY have sold the business and assets including the brand, intellectual property and equipment to Cyrus Capital, a former part-owner of the carrier, for an undisclosed sum after an agreement in October. Flybe plans to fly on “many” of its former routes, but the launch is subject to the relaxation of travel restrictions.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/failed-flybe ... -kt3f03d3g

sandyb123

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:58 am

Hmm interesting. I must admit I have never heard of a 'vulture fund' but I get the connotations ;-)

Interestingly Flybe's old website is responding with a 502 which suggests some changes are afoot.

In some regards it's been perfect timing, ride out the pandemic and then snap up the valuable bits of the business as we come out of it whilst others make big losses (Loganair has reported a loss before tax of £12.7m in the year).

Debt and management aside, the Flybe name is marked so they're going to have to try double hard to gain reputation and confidence (let alone deal with the aftermath of the pandemic). It actually takes quite a lot of effort for a negative brand connotation (Flymaybe) to be etched into the public psyche so they're going to need to manage that carefully. They also have competitors on many of the valuable routes now. Or maybe I'm looking at it too closely?

An uphill struggle but if well funded and well executed then possible!?

Sandyb123
Member of the mile high club

BrianDromey

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 am

sandyb123 wrote:
Debt and management aside, the Flybe name is marked so they're going to have to try double hard to gain reputation and confidence (let alone deal with the aftermath of the pandemic). It actually takes quite a lot of effort for a negative brand connotation (Flymaybe) to be etched into the public psyche so they're going to need to manage that carefully. They also have competitors on many of the valuable routes now. Or maybe I'm looking at it too closely?

An uphill struggle but if well funded and well executed then possible!?

Sandyb123

Its true, flyBe did not have the best reputation before they ceased flying and Im not sure its the strongest brand for a 2.0 reboot. With a streamlined fleet of Q400s and a focus on a few small bases at key UK domestic cities this could work. But they will need to choose carefully. The old route network was inherited over many mergers and reorganisations. I think the best way to make this work is to choose a maximum of two bases. If they want to offer high frequency services at peak times they will still need a sizeable fleet - Stobart opened their BHD base with 6 AT7s, for example.

PlymSpotter

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 am

Whilst I wish them all the best, I can't see how this is going to work.

One of FlyBe MkI's biggest issues was the Q400 - it's isn't an optimal type for a regional LCC. Now a bunch of their key routes (read: profitable with a Q400) have already been picked up by carriers operating the ATR 72. It is highly unlikely that they will have lower operating costs than these carriers.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

jomur

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:39 am

If you read this letter dated 9th March 2021 then the new Flybe will have to apply for a new licence and route authority.

https://www.caa.co.uk/uploadedFiles/CAA ... ration.pdf

sandyb123

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:31 pm

jomur wrote:
If you read this letter dated 9th March 2021 then the new Flybe will have to apply for a new licence and route authority.

Approved already according to the Times article.

Sandyb123
Member of the mile high club

jomur

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:14 pm

sandyb123 wrote:
jomur wrote:

Approved already according to the Times article.

Sandyb123

The times article is behind a paywall.

Any way nothing is showing anything different on the CAA website though. The administrators have appealed the decision but the UK transport secretary has not made a decision yet.

https://simpleflying.com/flybe-2-license-revoked/

jomur

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:48 am

It seems Flybe had debts of £789 million when they went bust.
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/fly ... 89-million
Most of that, £600-650 million, to about 900,000 unsecured creditors (mostly passengers??) and the final figure could even be materially higher.

Owing that much why do they think the public will have any trust in a company call Flybe. They would be better off using a completely different name. Has any airline that has gone complete to the wall made a successful return after owing so much to the flying public?

davidjohnson6

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:01 am

Take a look at the Chapter 11 bankruptcies of the likes of American, Delta and United in the years after 9-11

jomur

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Take a look at the Chapter 11 bankruptcies of the likes of American, Delta and United in the years after 9-11

That's not the same, that's more of a debt restructure by the same company not a full closure. I'm sort of thinking along the lines of Pan Am and the attempts to start an airline using that name.

Arion640

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:11 am

jomur wrote:
It seems Flybe had debts of £789 million when they went bust.
https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/fly ... 89-million
Most of that, £600-650 million, to about 900,000 unsecured creditors (mostly passengers??) and the final figure could even be materially higher.

Owing that much why do they think the public will have any trust in a company call Flybe. They would be better off using a completely different name. Has any airline that has gone complete to the wall made a successful return after owing so much to the flying public?

On the flip side a lot of people remember flybe.

davidjohnson6

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am

Try Eastern Airlines. Or even Lufthansa
Neither is the legal successor as recognised by courts, but the brand name is sufficiently close to be suggestive of succession to the general public

anstar

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 am

Arion640 wrote:

But are they good memories?

OA260

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 am

anstar wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I think this says it all and interesting the same kind of pattern on various complaints about the suspect cabin baggage charges.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.flybe.com

In the end they became desperate for revenue and rumour has it they were getting their handling agents at the gate to levy these charges at every
possibility even if there was the slightest bit questionable like a folding handle etc... I know plenty of passengers fall foul of cabin luggage rules but
when you have so many people saying the same thing there is no smoke without fire.

Many people flew them because they had no other option they were a monopoly on the regional routes. High fares and terrible service were a consistent
trend among reviews. You dont mind paying a bit more on certain routes if its going to make a big difference compared to another train or bus but you need
to at least have a decent product to match that.

The general public have short memories if a new Flybe 2 rises from the ashes then Im sure some GBP29.99 each way fares will make them forget about their
previous guise but they will need a major PR boost and change peoples perceptions to get others back on the higher fares. Reliability would be a bonus also
something Flymaybe were infamous for not being.

vhtje

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:58 pm

OA260 wrote:
anstar wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I think this says it all and interesting the same kind of pattern on various complaints about the suspect cabin baggage charges.

The problem with Trustpilot (and any other review aggregation service) is that customers are much more likely to leave a poor review, than a good one, because customers with a bad experience are more motivated to do so. Revenge being sweet, and all that. I guess what I am saying is that sites like Trustpilot may not be a good barometer of how the larger population regards the company.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

OA260

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm

vhtje wrote:
OA260 wrote:
anstar wrote:

The problem with Trustpilot (and any other review aggregation service) is that customers are much more likely to leave a poor review, than a good one, because customers with a bad experience are more motivated to do so. Revenge being sweet, and all that. I guess what I am saying is that sites like Trustpilot may not be a good barometer of how the larger population regards the company.

Oh yes normally I would agree but with Flybe it was not just there but conversations amongst people. The comments made there are the same or similar to what
companies and even people within the industry were saying. So normally you would take these reviews with a pinch of salt but in this case it was spot on.
There are various companies not just in the airline industry that earn a very good reputation on Trustpilot and quite a few I use myself and could stand by as having
great customer service.

The sad thing is when it was Jersey European and even British European they had a pretty decent product. I used to fly their F27 and BAE146's on a regular basis.
Their BHD-LGW 146 service with business class they served a hot meal. The flights were on time and their customer service was great. It all went wrong somewhere
and they never recovered and we know where it all ended. You could see the downward trend even their lounges before they shut them. The interiors were tired
chairs ripped and stained and not cleaned much either. I think it really summed up where they were heading.

Arion640

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:19 pm

anstar wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

Constantly late flights - maybe not actually.

debonair

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:17 pm

anstar wrote:

OH YES, thanks to AirFastTickets (bust) I flew BHX-HAM for 11.43GBP, total incl. tax for 2(!!!!) In 2014... one of my better error fares! :cloudnine: :duck:

airsmiles

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 am

Arion640 wrote:
anstar wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

Constantly late flights - maybe not actually.

Plenty of people called them FlyMayBe for a good reason. I think the FlyBe name is past redemption.

Re: Flybe update

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:40 am

giblets wrote:
One of the most frustrating things flying BA is standing in line to board and watching everyone rip off their yellow (under seat baggage) labels off, so they can put it in the over head bins, then having to select passengers with one bag to put it in the hold!

--- Completly Off Topic ---
Oh, how I hate this. I remember boarding a flight to London on BA. It was one of the rare occasions of flying with family. We carefully packed everything in our carry-ons, as we had a tight connection in Heathrow and didn't want to take any risks. The flight was full with business people who did as you described. But who was picked to have the bags checked? An elderly Italien lady, who didn't understand English and had no idea, what the staff wanted her to do. And us. When I politely asked if I could at least keep the bag with the toys or take them out, I was told, that we will be removed from the flight, "if we further delay the departure". Hey, it wasen't my fault, that they started boarding after the planned departure time. And I can tell you it is difficult to keep the kids entertained with their toys traveling in the belly. BTW, this was the last time I flew BA.

anstar

Re: Flybe update

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:37 am

ei146 wrote:
giblets wrote:
One of the most frustrating things flying BA is standing in line to board and watching everyone rip off their yellow (under seat baggage) labels off, so they can put it in the over head bins, then having to select passengers with one bag to put it in the hold!

--- Completly Off Topic ---
Oh, how I hate this. I remember boarding a flight to London on BA. It was one of the rare occasions of flying with family. We carefully packed everything in our carry-ons, as we had a tight connection in Heathrow and didn't want to take any risks. The flight was full with business people who did as you described. But who was picked to have the bags checked? An elderly Italien lady, who didn't understand English and had no idea, what the staff wanted her to do. And us. When I politely asked if I could at least keep the bag with the toys or take them out, I was told, that we will be removed from the flight, "if we further delay the departure". Hey, it wasen't my fault, that they started boarding after the planned departure time. And I can tell you it is difficult to keep the kids entertained with their toys traveling in the belly. BTW, this was the last time I flew BA.

Unfortunately BA has gone down hill. They are a LCC in all cabins versus their competitiors.

Someone83

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:46 am

Looks like BA had to give them LHR slots for EDI and ABZ services

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploa ... pril21.pdf

TUGMASTER

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:04 pm

Someone83 wrote:

WOW...
So if I have read that right, BA have had to give a defunct airline some domestic slots ..?
God help anyone who trusts their money with this new crowd.

Virginblue4

Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 am

Not strictly Flybe related, but here is G-KKEV having been converted into a water bomber (still in the Flybe livery).

https://twitter.com/planemad_news/statu ... 47878?s=21

Credit - PlaneMadNews and Kyle Clarkson for the photos.
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 223 319 320 321 332 359 DH4 E75 F70
BA BE BT BY DL IB MT PC U2 V7 VS WA ZB 6Y

FabDiva

Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am

TUGMASTER wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

WOW...
So if I have read that right, BA have had to give a defunct airline some domestic slots ..?
God help anyone who trusts their money with this new crowd.

Yep, these slots are linked to BA's buyout of BMI. A condition of the buyout being approved was that BA have to give new entrants on specified domestic routes Heathrow slots, the new operator has to fly these routes for 3 or 5 years (I can't remember exactly which) - after that they get to keep the slots and can use them for any route. If they fail to operate for the full period, the slots return to BA. Virgin and later Flybe have both tried and failed!

TUGMASTER

Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 pm

I realise that, but pretty sure BE never made it to 3 years with the slots…

FabDiva

Sat May 22, 2021 2:21 pm

TUGMASTER wrote:
I realise that, but pretty sure BE never made it to 3 years with the slots…

If I remember correctly they fell about 1 month short - I wonder if Virgin were trying to keep them afloat until the slots became theirs, but with Covid looming and travel restrictions starting to spread (especially for Long Haul) they may have thought it best to bail on the whole thing.

I'm not sure if there is anything preventing an airline having a second go - but they'd have to start over.

bennett123
Topic Author

Sun May 23, 2021 4:42 pm

I was down at Exeter yesterday and saw G-CLXC, which got me thinking.

1. Has there been any information about Flybe mk 2 acquiring any more aircraft.

2. So far, the only differences externally from when it was OE-LGA is that the word 'Austrian' has been painted out and the new registration painted on. Is there any information about the new livery.

3. Also is there any information about the new internal fit, or will there just change the seat covers.

Apparently, it ha been parked at Exeter for three months now. Is there anything to suggest that they plan to move forward.

I looked at the post from someone83, which says they have slots from 28 April to 29 October 2021. AFAIK no flights have been operated on those slots so far, with no indication that flights will start any time soon.

At what point do they revert to BA, and what was the point in asking for those slots if they have no ability to operate flights.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ybe/r759j1

TUGMASTER

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:19 am

Just found this…
I know it’s a couple of days old, but looks like they’ve been stripped of the all slots they had.

Source : https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/the-uk- ... cense/?amp

vhtje

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 am

TUGMASTER wrote:
Just found this…
I know it’s a couple of days old, but looks like they’ve been stripped of the all slots they had.

Source : https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/the-uk- ... cense/?amp

Good spot.

airwaysmag wrote:
The CMG proposed that Flybe’s Operator's Licence be revoked because it considered that the company (i) could not meet its actual and potential obligations for a 12-month period, and so did not meet the financial viability test in Article 9 (1) of the Retained Regulation and (ii) had no realistic prospect of a satisfactory financial reconstruction within the following 12 months, so did not satisfy the criteria in Article 9 (1a) (nor the criteria for the granting of a temporary Operator's Licence); and (b) the reason why the CMG took this view was, in essence, because Flybe had been in administration since March 2020 and there was no credible proposal to bring it out of administration to resume operations

Note: emphasis is mine. Ouch.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

jomur

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 am

Flybe had their cancellation of their AOC confirmed so hence losing the remedy slots which in theory should go back to BA until another airline decides to try those routes.

JobsaGoodun

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am

...however the airline to have its certificate and licence revoked is the old Flybe. The new Flybe (Thyme OpCo) was assigned its certificate and licence by the CAA in April.

According to the slot trade information on the ACL website, the London Heathrow slots were transferred to to Flybe after the creation of the new airlines licences so the question is did the remedy slots get transferred from BA to old Flybe or new Flybe?

connectairways

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Slots went to 'new Flybe', as more have been transferred for Winter 2021 since the 'old Flybe' AOC was revoked.

TUGMASTER

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm

I refer to my earlier post from a month ago.
“God help anybody that trusts this crowd with your money.”

bennett123
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:05 pm

As previously reported, G-CLXC is still in Austrian c/s, which presumably will be changed before re entering service.

Does anyone know the proposed c/s?..

Thy were running the engines today.

jomur

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:22 am

JobsaGoodun wrote:
...however the airline to have its certificate and licence revoked is the old Flybe. The new Flybe (Thyme OpCo) was assigned its certificate and licence by the CAA in April.

According to the slot trade information on the ACL website, the London Heathrow slots were transferred to to Flybe after the creation of the new airlines licences so the question is did the remedy slots get transferred from BA to old Flybe or new Flybe?

The AoC and slots where revoked 3rd June..

https://simpleflying.com/flybe-legacy-london-slots/

Despite appealing directly to the UK’s Transport Secretary Grant Shapps, Flybe 2.0 has failed to stop its predecessor’s operating license from being revoked. Shapps upheld the decision of the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority, so the license was ended on June 3rd. That means Flybe’s valuable legacy slots at Heathrow will now be returned to the slot coordinator.
]

So have Flybe 2.0 been given new slots and they then have to use them for 3 years to keep them?

TUGMASTER

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am

Please don’t use simply flying as a source.
Not a credible source. imho.

JobsaGoodun

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:42 am

jomur wrote:
The AoC and slots where revoked 3rd June..
https://simpleflying.com/flybe-legacy-london-slots/

Not for the new airline though....this was for the old airline. There's no logic to the CAA awarding a licence that they then revoke less than 2 months later.

Despite appealing directly to the UK’s Transport Secretary Grant Shapps, Flybe 2.0 has failed to stop its predecessor’s operating license from being revoked. Shapps upheld the decision of the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority, so the license was ended on June 3rd. That means Flybe’s valuable legacy slots at Heathrow will now be returned to the slot coordinator.

So have Flybe 2.0 been given new slots and they then have to use them for 3 years to keep them?

According to the Administrators Report from October 2020, the EU granted grandfathering on the LHR slots last year. I'd suggest that if the slots are now in the control of the new airline then they are unencumbered and are not restricted to the initial remedy destinations and by default, the three year term. Had the old airline not used them as required to fulfil this obligation, grandfathering would never have been granted by the EU.

https://assets.ey.com/content/dam/ey-si ... ber-20.pdf

TUGMASTER

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 am

But they didn’t Use them as required…
They folded before the 3 years were up.

JobsaGoodun

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:35 am

I'm not sure, but I think I recall a pilot friend of mine told me that airlines keep slots if they use them up to a certain percentage, something like 75%. Maybe the old business had technically already done enough during that season before they folded?

seansasLCY

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:18 pm

JobsaGoodun wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think I recall a pilot friend of mine told me that airlines keep slots if they use them up to a certain percentage, something like 75%. Maybe the old business had technically already done enough during that season before they folded?

That is the general rule for slots but because these were remedy slots following the BA buyout of BMI the rules were that they needed to use them for three years to then be given the slots. They failed to do that. The new airline I believe has received the summer slots but won’t get the winter ones.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos