Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Raptormodeller
Topic Author

Vox: The real reason Boeing's new plane crashed twice

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 am

Title says it all.

https://youtu.be/H2tuKiiznsY

Pretty stupid explanation from Vox, with even worse graphs. Although knowing them this should be expected. But yes, Boeing should face legal action for cocking up MCAS. That’s a given. But Airbus would’ve done the same in Boeing’s case to fix the stability issue. Would they have tested it and made it properly? I hope so. For our sake.

Thoughts?
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon May 06, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Non descriptive title
A380 A330 A318 A319 A320 A321 B737 B757 B767 B747 MD80 E185 E195 Q400 EF2000
AF BA QF SQ HOP LT AA BE

TTailedTiger

Re: Vox still doesn’t have a clue about what it’s on about

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 am

Boeing needs to sue them. It was purely fear mongering and nothing more. VOX doesn't a have clue when it comes to aviation and at the very least they were seriously negligent in publishing such content

MaverickM11

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 am

Raptormodeller wrote:
Title says it all.

Pretty stupid explanation from Vox, with even worse graphs. Although knowing them this should be expected. But yes, Boeing should face legal action for cocking up MCAS. That’s a given. But Airbus would’ve done the same in Boeing’s case to fix the stability issue. Would they have tested it and made it properly? I hope so. For our sake.

Thoughts?

What part do you object to?
I don't take responsibility at all

BWIAirport

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:19 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Raptormodeller wrote:
Title says it all.

Thoughts?

I believe he objects to the implication that Boeing took a bunch of shortcuts to get the Max out quickly, an objection I believe is warranted.
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

bgm

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Boeing needs to sue them. It was purely fear mongering and nothing more. VOX doesn't a have clue when it comes to aviation and at the very least they were seriously negligent in publishing such content

Will this be before or after the families of the 350+ people were killed by Boeing’s negligence sue them?

What part of the video is inaccurate or do you disagree with?
Really? Four more years of this?

MrHMSH

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:44 am

Raptormodeller wrote:
Title says it all.

Thoughts?

I think you have to be more specific with regards to what you take issue with. Seems like you already don't like Vox at all, I wonder if that's clouding your judgement.

Airbus would have done the same? There's no way of proving that, and in any case 'well Airbus may have done it as well' is not a defence.

zkojq

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 am

This was discussed in the Boeing 737MAX grounding thread. All the points of people objecting to the video were thoroughly debunked. Unfortunately any video makes Boeing look bad is highly objectionable to some of our members here.
First to fly the 787-9

triple3driver

Mon May 06, 2019 11:12 am

I don't have much to say against it, but I personally find this video by Wendover Productions to be far more informative and detailed, even if it focuses more on the aircraft itself rather than the accident. https://youtu.be/BfNEOfEGe3I . It's not perfect, but I personally find it to be far superior to that Vox video, for instance.
If you can walk away from it intact, it was a good landing!

Springbok743

Mon May 06, 2019 11:48 am

OKAY.
This is starting to annoy me. All them damn Boeing fanboys rushing to their defense everytime someone points out the overall mistakes that clearly bloody have been made in the development of the MAX,
If you'd like to make some points that are new and not debunked, be my guest. If not, please stop talking rubbish. Sounds like you dislike Vox to begin with and will dislike anything they make, especially when it harms a company you like.
Boeing's negligence killed hundreds of people, and whether you like it or not, that's going to harm their finances in the same way the DC10 harmed MD.

Please stop.

filipinoavgeek

Mon May 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Springbok743 wrote:
OKAY.
This is starting to annoy me. All them damn Boeing fanboys rushing to their defense everytime someone points out the overall mistakes that clearly bloody have been made in the development of the MAX,
If you'd like to make some points that are new and not debunked, be my guest. If not, please stop talking rubbish. Sounds like you dislike Vox to begin with and will dislike anything they make, especially when it harms a company you like.
Boeing's negligence killed hundreds of people, and whether you like it or not, that's going to harm their finances in the same way the DC10 harmed MD.

Please stop.

Personally I think the issue is more of if the sentiment here on A.net could be attributed at least partly to anti-Boeing sentiment. I wonder if the sentiments here would be the same if Airbus/Bombardier/Embraer/UAC/COMAC was instead the one involved (knocks-on-wood).

AirwayBill

Mon May 06, 2019 12:19 pm

The highly pro-Boeing defensive stance taken by many members, as if they were personnally attacked here tells a lot.

I can understand the panic. The criminal turn that the investigation is taking, along with the last bastions of lies made by delusional Boeing executives is quite worrying indeed.

Faro

Re: Vox: The real reason Boeing's new plane crashed twice

Mon May 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Is Vox a household name now?...does everyone know what exactly it is?...to my mind, it should be preceded by "the YouTube Channel"...
The chalice not my son

Vladex

Mon May 06, 2019 12:42 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Raptormodeller wrote:
Title says it all.

Thoughts?

I believe he objects to the implication that Boeing took a bunch of shortcuts to get the Max out quickly, an objection I believe is warranted.

He must have watched something else because the video clearly talks about overdoing the outdated design with implication being the opposite that they took it too far for too long.

ferminbrif

Mon May 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Is Vox channel reliable enough regarding aviation issues? because a lot of news journalist aren’t despite working for important news channel.

JamesCousins

Mon May 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Faro wrote:
Is Vox a household name now?...does everyone know what exactly it is?...to my mind, it should be preceded by "the YouTube Channel"...

If I'm reading your implication that YouTube videos should be seen as less reliable, because they're YouTube videos, correctly, I ask you what TV news channel is any better? There's some great channels out there that are solely aviation focused, Wendover Productions is superb.

For what it's worth it was a pretty good video by Vox, yes some minor inaccuracies and abstractions - but a good explanation for the masses
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY // Upcoming: W6 A320, W6 A321, EVA 77W, VS 787-9m AS A320, VS A35K, KLM E190, KLM 738, LS 737

JamesCousins

Mon May 06, 2019 1:13 pm

ferminbrif wrote:
Is Vox channel reliable enough regarding aviation issues? because a lot of news journalist aren’t despite working for important news channel.

This :checkmark:

There are some inaccuracies in their aviation content, but I'd argue it's better than a lot of traditional news, TV, internet or otherwise
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY // Upcoming: W6 A320, W6 A321, EVA 77W, VS 787-9m AS A320, VS A35K, KLM E190, KLM 738, LS 737

DfwRevolution

Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm

JamesCousins wrote:
ferminbrif wrote:

This :checkmark:

There are some inaccuracies in their aviation content, but I'd argue it's better than a lot of traditional news, TV, internet or otherwise

You can do way better than Vox, you just have to pay for it.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

Antarius

Mon May 06, 2019 2:50 pm

AirwayBill wrote:
The highly pro-Boeing defensive stance taken by many members, as if they were personnally attacked here tells a lot.

I can understand the panic. The criminal turn that the investigation is taking, along with the last bastions of lies made by delusional Boeing executives is quite worrying indeed.

Yet the stock still trades at multiples of what it did 2 years ago.

Yes, there are some annoying pro fanboys, but they seem to be countered if not surpassed by posts like yours that are divorced from reality. Is it a screw up? Yes. Is "panic setting in", no. :roll:
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos