rajincajun01
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon May 13, 2019 6:48 pm

william wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
The seats may recline, but they absolutely do charge for carryons.

If you buy a Basic Economy ticket, yes. For the other 90% of tickets sold, no they do not.


So you think only 10% of the pax on your next UA flight is paying basic?

Truth be told, there is not alot difference between the main carriers and LCC cheap tickets product.

As regards Allegiant, try them out folks. I was nervous because of some of the comments I read on this board. When you board its just like any other flight you have been on and yes, I have seen pax flying on business using them. And you fly them out of Austin, you get the avoid the zoo called the main terminal and step back in time and fly out of the cool South Terminal.


Helluva lot closer to 10% than the 100% that was implied.

South Terminal at AUS is a nightmare if there is no parking available or you’re unaware that your airline operates there. The terminal is on the opposite side of the airfield from the main terminal and most parking. Shuttles from the main terminal to the South Terminal run, at most, every 20 minutes.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1516
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon May 13, 2019 7:39 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
william wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
If you buy a Basic Economy ticket, yes. For the other 90% of tickets sold, no they do not.


So you think only 10% of the pax on your next UA flight is paying basic?

Truth be told, there is not alot difference between the main carriers and LCC cheap tickets product.

As regards Allegiant, try them out folks. I was nervous because of some of the comments I read on this board. When you board its just like any other flight you have been on and yes, I have seen pax flying on business using them. And you fly them out of Austin, you get the avoid the zoo called the main terminal and step back in time and fly out of the cool South Terminal.


Helluva lot closer to 10% than the 100% that was implied.

South Terminal at AUS is a nightmare if there is no parking available or you’re unaware that your airline operates there. The terminal is on the opposite side of the airfield from the main terminal and most parking. Shuttles from the main terminal to the South Terminal run, at most, every 20 minutes.
10% or whatever, the fact of the matter is that you can not buy the lowest fare on UA and bring a carry on for free. Period. Much like G4.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon May 13, 2019 8:59 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
william wrote:

So you think only 10% of the pax on your next UA flight is paying basic?

Truth be told, there is not alot difference between the main carriers and LCC cheap tickets product.

As regards Allegiant, try them out folks. I was nervous because of some of the comments I read on this board. When you board its just like any other flight you have been on and yes, I have seen pax flying on business using them. And you fly them out of Austin, you get the avoid the zoo called the main terminal and step back in time and fly out of the cool South Terminal.


Helluva lot closer to 10% than the 100% that was implied.

South Terminal at AUS is a nightmare if there is no parking available or you’re unaware that your airline operates there. The terminal is on the opposite side of the airfield from the main terminal and most parking. Shuttles from the main terminal to the South Terminal run, at most, every 20 minutes.
10% or whatever, the fact of the matter is that you can not buy the lowest fare on UA and bring a carry on for free. Period. Much like G4.

That was not how it was worded at all. If you want to change the original statement to make your point work, you can’t carry-on for ANY fare on G4. There’s only one type of fare out of dozens that doesn’t allow it on UA. That would be another difference.

Now back to G4 in Mexico...
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
ibthebigd
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: Allegiant Air to Mexico

Mon May 13, 2019 9:01 pm

When would G4 announce the new routes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos