BroadwayLimited

Re: AA Q1 2019 Results

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:23 am

kondoo wrote:
x1234 wrote:
Just finished listening to the call. Interesting commentary that the Pacific was the best performing entity led by Hong Kong & Japan outperforming both Atlantic & Latin. China improved too with code-shares to interior China out of PEK/PVG on CZ. Finally AA is making profits in the Pacific after their network restructuring! The Atlantic/Latin markets suffer from LCC growth.

Only reason is the best performing because they canceled so much capacity YOY. IE ORD-China gone

Forgot about that. Very true.

usairways787

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:28 am

apodino wrote:
jagraham wrote:
One other thing to consider regarding AA - they just completed their labor group integrations. Pilots about a year ago, flight attendants late last year. Before that, they had to operate as two airlines under the same label. Now that they are integrated, we shall see if management can make AA live up to its potential.

No they haven't completed them completely yet. As I mentioned the Rampers are not integrated, and neither are the Maintenance folks. This has been a very bitter contract negotiation that has the NMB involved, and has led to a lot of fingerpointing and bad will.

It should also be noted that the MX programs have not yet integrated either. All the Boeing planes (Save for the old HP 757s which are going away) and the sharkleted Airbus planes are on the LAA MX program, while all the other Airbus planes (Including the NEOs) and the E190s are on the LUS MX program. These systems still have to be integrated, and I believe the long range plan is for everything to migrate to the LUS system (Sceptre). But they still need a joint contract to do so. They are no where near that right now based on what I have seen.

And it'll continue to drag out until AA stops demanding concessions from it's work groups that've been on concessionary contracts since 2003, while they continue to rake in billions. Disgusting.
Making bag smashing great again

spannacomo

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 am

I can't understand why AA who lost AB as partner for TATL flights can not accept IG as a "replacement". They could benefit from an immediate better access to Italian market based in a hub (MXP) very far from MAD and LHR. I think for AA to oppose IG expansion along with DL and UA is a very poor decision, they are the only ones who can profit from this partnership.

jetsetterusa

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:21 am

winginit wrote:
jetsetterusa wrote:
Does anyone have any idea when the HND slots will be announced?

While I can't recall the source, I had heard 'end of Summer'. I'm guessing August.

cool thanks
Crazy Day Tripper

bkflyguy

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:45 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
x1234 wrote:
What is Delta doing so differently versus the rest of the industry!? One thing I've noticed when shopping for flights is that Delta is ALWAYS PRICED HIGHER than the competition every time on international long-haul. Delta must be doing something right...

Lack of unions... for now.

And yet, according to Glassdoor at least, DL's average hourly pay and average annual compensation for flight attendants are higher than all but SW.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/flight-attendant-salary-SRCH_KO0,16.htm

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos