gcrewmc
Topic Author
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 pm

LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:43 am

Hi All,
I just flew in yesterday into LGA, arriving around midnight. Going around the gates, I saw a lot of aircrafts not in their normal respective gates. We had American planes in United gates and I saw an American Eagle ERJ 145 at the Marine Air Terminal where JetBlue is the only tenant. In addition for a late Delta arrival today, it says they will be arriving at Frontier’s gate. Plus, there were United planes parked at the American Airlines hangers, a United plane parked literally in the middle of the taxiway and many Southwest planes on hard stands. Is the construction taking place screwing up all the parking?
 
jfern022
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:22 am

I know that the gates in C/D are all Delta’s. NK, F9 and WS all sublease from DL.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:50 am

You see this at a decent amount of hub airports as well. For instance in MSP you'll find AA and UA planes scattered around the DL gates on C/D/F for Ron's.
 
evank516
Posts: 1943
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:26 am

Delta uses F9's and NK's gates at LGA. The counters and gate houses are all designed for Delta flights. The exception is WestJet's gate which has their own branding.
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:10 am

Short answer is yes, with the construction going on a lot of the carriers have been displaced from their original gates and American, United, Southwest, NK, & F9 are in temporary homes or operating with less gates than normal at the moment.. it’ll be a few more years until things return to normal... glad they’re able to work it out though.
1.4mm and counting...
 
777Mech
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:11 am

[*]
evank516 wrote:
Delta uses F9's and NK's gates at LGA. The counters and gate houses are all designed for Delta flights. The exception is WestJet's gate which has their own branding.


More like NK and F9 use Delta's gates. DL subleases it to them.
 
User avatar
tb727
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

HPAEAA wrote:
Short answer is yes, with the construction going on a lot of the carriers have been displaced from their original gates and American, United, Southwest, NK, & F9 are in temporary homes or operating with less gates than normal at the moment.. it’ll be a few more years until things return to normal... glad they’re able to work it out though.


NK is moving to Terminal C, gates C41 and C42 starting May 1st.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:52 pm

tb727 wrote:
HPAEAA wrote:
Short answer is yes, with the construction going on a lot of the carriers have been displaced from their original gates and American, United, Southwest, NK, & F9 are in temporary homes or operating with less gates than normal at the moment.. it’ll be a few more years until things return to normal... glad they’re able to work it out though.


NK is moving to Terminal C, gates C41 and C42 starting May 1st.


Are there gate closures coming for D1-D5 to accommodate heavy construction for the G concourse?
 
wjcandee
Posts: 7761
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Every time I look at the title of this topic, I think it is about where you should park your car at/near LGA if you're going to leave it overnight.
 
evank516
Posts: 1943
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 pm

777Mech wrote:
[*]
evank516 wrote:
Delta uses F9's and NK's gates at LGA. The counters and gate houses are all designed for Delta flights. The exception is WestJet's gate which has their own branding.


More like NK and F9 use Delta's gates. DL subleases it to them.


Fair point.
 
gcrewmc
Topic Author
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Yeah it’s quite the operation. You wonder if at this point if LaGuardia is running out of parking spots. Like why would you park a plane in the middle of the taxiway. Plus would other airlines have to request permission before parking at another airlines’ gate or does ATc just assign them it?
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:40 pm

gcrewmc wrote:
Yeah it’s quite the operation. You wonder if at this point if LaGuardia is running out of parking spots. Like why would you park a plane in the middle of the taxiway. Plus would other airlines have to request permission before parking at another airlines’ gate or does ATc just assign them it?

ATC does not assign parking.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 am

Parking at LGA is always an issue, especially when weather or maint. xcls hit.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:47 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Every time I look at the title of this topic, I think it is about where you should park your car at/near LGA if you're going to leave it overnight.



Me too. I have a great system over in Whitestone on 144 Place in between 20th and 14th ave there is no alternate side parking then I jump on an Uber for a few bucks and I’m at LGA in 7 minutes. Now that we are not at the mercy of the GREEDY cab companies like 4 2’s who charge 25 dollars for a 2 mile ride to LGA. I left my car there for 3 weeks at a clip. Try going closer to the Whitestone Expwy anywhere else in Whitestone the people who live in million dollar tiny ranch homes get uptight when you park in front of their house.
 
wjcandee
Posts: 7761
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: LaGuardia Overnight Parking

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:22 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Every time I look at the title of this topic, I think it is about where you should park your car at/near LGA if you're going to leave it overnight.



Me too. I have a great system over in Whitestone on 144 Place in between 20th and 14th ave there is no alternate side parking then I jump on an Uber for a few bucks and I’m at LGA in 7 minutes. Now that we are not at the mercy of the GREEDY cab companies like 4 2’s who charge 25 dollars for a 2 mile ride to LGA. I left my car there for 3 weeks at a clip. Try going closer to the Whitestone Expwy anywhere else in Whitestone the people who live in million dollar tiny ranch homes get uptight when you park in front of their house.


I am very impressed with your system!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos