LH658
Topic Author

MUC Airport Executives visit LHE airport.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 pm

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/0 ... h-germany/

Both airports signed several cooperation agreements.

CEO Munich Airport highlighted the need of branding of Pakistan as the land of opportunities and changing the perception of the European countries and rest of the world.

arcticcruiser

Re: MUC Airport Executives visit LHE airport.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:38 pm

LH658 wrote:
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/04/27/pbit-inks-three-agreements-with-germany/

CEO Munich Airport highlighted the need of branding of Pakistan as the land of opportunities and changing the perception of the European countries and rest of the world.

That appears to be a fairly tall order. Is MUC airport into politics now?

MalevTU134

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:41 pm

arcticcruiser wrote:
LH658 wrote:
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/04/27/pbit-inks-three-agreements-with-germany/

No. LH658 is.

LH658
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:
LH658 wrote:

No. LH658 is.

No I am not this coming from the article, and MUC airport executives visited Pakistan. Sorry you guys hate seeing how other countries mingling with the international community.

MalevTU134

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:08 pm

LH658 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

No. LH658 is.

No I am not this coming from the article, and MUC airport executives visited Pakistan. Sorry you guys hate seeing how other countries mingling with the international community.

Ok, my apology to you then, if that was a quote from the article. I couldn't open it so I couldn't tell. But it is a fact that in most countries it would be an absolute no-happening if, the MUC (or any other airport) CEO visited your local airport. No major newspaper would write about it.

However, your comment on how we hate anybody mingling and so forth...is pathetic.
Last edited by MalevTU134 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LH658
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
No. LH658 is.

Ok, my apology to you then, if that was a quote from the article. I couldn't open it son I couldn't tell. But it is a fact that in most countries it would be an absolute no-happening if, the MUC (or any other airport) CEO visited your local airport. No major newspaper would write about it.

I honestly don't care. Just found it interesting they visited Lahore Airport, just like you are surprise, it would be different i Condor, LH, or a Airline visited, though MUC airport that's different. Unless Lahore Airport, Pakistan CAA wanted some consultancy done by MUC airport. Anyways i posted it for those who are interested, I try to see things positively.

LH658
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:16 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
No. LH658 is.

Ok, my apology to you then, if that was a quote from the article. I couldn't open it so I couldn't tell. But it is a fact that in most countries it would be an absolute no-happening if, the MUC (or any other airport) CEO visited your local airport. No major newspaper would write about it.

However, your comment on how we hate anybody mingling and so forth...is pathetic.

https://nation.com.pk/28-Apr-2019/pbit- ... agreements

https://pakobserver.net/pbit-germany-in ... greements/

Here some other articles about the meeting.

sonicruiser

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 am

Interesting development. I had always assumed LH to be interested FRA-ISB, but apparently they have other ideas. Guess anything is possible and nothing can be assumed in this industry. Not only is it LHE instead of ISB but MUC instead of FRA!

DTWLAX

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:07 am

sonicruiser wrote:
Interesting development. I had always assumed LH to be interested FRA-ISB, but apparently they have other ideas. Guess anything is possible and nothing can be assumed in this industry. Not only is it LHE instead of ISB but MUC instead of FRA!

Airports executives do not launch a route, airlines do.
Did LH executives visit LHE?

sonicruiser

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:55 am

DTWLAX wrote:
Airports executives do not launch a route, airlines do.
Did LH executives visit LHE?

That's not really true for most airports. Besides JFK, LAX, LHR, etc. Most airports will go out of their way to connect with other airports to land certain destinations they are targeting. An airport without an airline is just as useless as an airport without an airline. Every route is a team job between two sides: the airline and the airport. You can't have one without the other. Most airlines aren't going to launch a route without support from the airport and airports can't launch a route without an airline to start it. So it's a two way street that goes both ways.

LH has already expressed their interest in returning to LHE and now MUC is too. From the perspective of Germany, there are plenty of places they could have visited, so picking LHE specifically while far from a confirmation of anything is not exactly random either. At an absolute minimum, we know LHE is on the radar of MUC because they just visited it. That's notable because it is the only airport in Pakistan for which this is true. It is pretty normal for most airports to talk to each other but Pakistani airports (ISB/LHE/KHI) have not really been doing that until very recently, hence the relative lack of service up to the launch of BA LHR-ISB last year (which ironically began like this).

Yeah it's true that airports are always "talking" to each other but you have to understand that things work a little differently outside the US. Every airline wants to start service to the US so of course every airport will send their reps to visit but it rarely mean anything. But for Germans, visiting Pakistan is very different than visiting the US. You can go to the US for real business or for fun and no one will ever know if you are serious are not. But for the MUC reps, they probably had a good reason to visit LHE beyond just some casual interest, otherwise they could've emailed them. Anyway, the whole idea that MUC reps went to LHE without talking to LH (aka the only people that MUC could seriously believe to actually start this route) is a moot point. If they actually went to LHE, LH definitely knew about it. In fact I would actually be surprised if there weren't any LH reps present during the visit as I doubt MUC would be stupid enough to visit an airport it wants service to without the backing of their biggest hub carrier.

LH658
Topic Author

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:30 am

sonicruiser wrote:

LH never had interest in ISB in the past, it always operated either to Lahore or Karachi. Punjab makes much sense due to how much trade the Punjab province does with Germany, LH use too or still does operate cargo flights to Lahore, I think Aerologic now operates for them. Yes many airports, city, chamber commerce, business groups, companies and airlines visit other cities to see route potentials or try to get the idea to start direct flights etc. It just cause it Pakistan, some people can't grasp that, Lol. I'm sure if Munich airport delegation visited Salt Lake City, everyone here would be making rumors of LH or Condor etc. It wasn't just MUC airport delegation, also some other business groups from Germany accompanied them as well.

Maybe MUC airport officials came to talk about how they can operate much more efficient airport, or offer some consultancy service.

Recent example is how the Bahraini business men visited Houston, as well, as some members of the Royal family came that had position in the government, were also interested in securing business with energy companies in Houston, but also trying convince on starting a direct route, and no GF delegation was involved. I am sure once they have some homework done, they can present to Gulf Air, see what happens from there.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos