Eindhoven
Topic Author

FR7411 FAO-EIN diverts to BVA

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:44 pm

https://www.nu.nl/buitenland/5865456/ry ... arijs.html

This morning flight FR7411 FAO-EIN diverted to BVA due to a technical emergency. It has been reported that one of the engines failed.

According to the news source, people were crying. Children were crying. They were not being told what was going on, only that there was a problem with an engine.

It is being said that the right engine failed due to a lack of oil pressure. FR has not confirmed this.

A new plane has been sent to BVA to pick up the passengers.

The plane is EI-FIE, delivered to FR on 12/03/2015. Plane is only 4 years old.

jetblueguy22

Re: FR7411 FAO-EIN diverts to BVA

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Sounds like a lot of hysteria for some clicks.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

KL001

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 pm

I am sure children were crying, but I doubt it had anything to do with the diversion: every flight I have been on, I have heard children crying. I also love how it is written in one sentence "They were not being told what was going on, only that there was a problem with an engine." So... they were being told what was going on: they needed to divert due to an engine problem. What else did the passengers expect to know? Finally, I doubt that a new plane was sent to pick up the passengers: BVA is one of their bases, probably they used one of the planes available at the base. And for Ryanair standards, that is pretty good... But apart from that, great article with an in-depth analysis ;-) I flew EI-DAF from Charleroi on 20Mar2008, on 21Mar2008 it ran off the runway in southern France, so I joked to people we risked our lives the day before. I should have called nu.nl instead.

Armodeen

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:51 pm

My kid loved it when we had 2 rejected takeoffs and the flight was swapped to another frame when flying FR last year! But then I suppose she is an aviation nut like her dad 8-) :lol:

FatCat

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 am

Children will cry regardless engines efficiency, given my commercial flights experiences
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

oldannyboy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:38 am

Eindhoven wrote:
https://www.nu.nl/buitenland/5865456/ryanair-vliegtuig-onderweg-naar-eindhoven-maakt-noodlanding-in-parijs.html

This morning flight FR7411 FAO-EIN diverted to BVA due to a technical emergency. It has been reported that one of the engines failed.

According to the news source, people were crying. Children were crying. They were not being told what was going on, only that there was a problem with an engine.

It is being said that the right engine failed due to a lack of oil pressure. FR has not confirmed this.

A new plane has been sent to BVA to pick up the passengers.

The plane is EI-FIE, delivered to FR on 12/03/2015. Plane is only 4 years old.

Agree. The captain should have stopped mid-flight for a moment, and carefully explain the obviously expert passengers EXACTLY what was wrong with the engine. Ahhh, terrible terrible Ryanair!!!! :hissyfit:

diesel1

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 am

I don't like signatures...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos