YYZORD
Topic Author

Tokyo Haneda HND Wikipedia Page Shows JL serves YYZ

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:48 pm

I was looking at destinations served by JL on the Tokyo Haneda wikipedia page and it showed that they serve YYZ. Is this a glitch or they actually got a Canadian slot to serve YYZ from HND? If this were true, it would make sense as JL has no Canadian slot at HND while NH serves YVR and AC serves YYZ from HND. I would expect NH to serve YYZ from NRT instead as they already have a slot being used for YVR instead. Can someone confirm this for me?

Planes4you

Re: Tokyo Haneda HND Wikipedia Page Shows JL serves YYZ

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:55 pm

How would it be a glitch? I hope you realize anyone can edit a wiki page and add whatever they want

ryan78

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:56 pm

You know anyone can go in an edit wikipedia right? It is not the most accurate resource to use by any means and anyone can change the information at any time. My best guess would be an a.netter saw all the rumour threads about it around here and decided to add it to wikipedia on their own for fun. For now JAL in YYZ is just a rumour however all signs point to it becoming a possibility in the very near future. From HND or NRT is yet to be determined however, we'll just have to wait and see.
Last edited by ryan78 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stl07

It says ANC too. HA

EDIT-was removed soon
Last edited by stl07 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

Ishrion

Some kid edited Southwest starting DFW. Don't always trust Wiki as anyone can edit it.

SpaceshipDC10

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 pm

YYZORD wrote:
I was looking at destinations served by JL on the Tokyo Haneda wikipedia page and it showed that they serve YYZ. Is this a glitch or they actually got a Canadian slot to serve YYZ from HND? If this were true, it would make sense as JL has no Canadian slot at HND while NH serves YVR and AC serves YYZ from HND. I would expect NH to serve YYZ from NRT instead as they already have a slot being used for YVR instead. Can someone confirm this for me?

Only Canadian destination served by JL is YVR, first checked the airline's wiki page, then their timetable running until the end of August. It's not a glitch, just someone hoping to see a dream come true. No source was given to prove it, so it's false.

EvanWSFO

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Which is why Wikipedia is pretty much useless.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

VirginFlyer

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:55 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:

Not really. You just need to know how to use it:

• Check the reference cited, if there is one, to see if it supports the given claim.
  • Check the edit history to see if the piece of information in question is a recent addition or has been there for some time. Check also to see if the person who has added it has a history of adding well-sourced (or poorly-sourced) information.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

LaunchDetected

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Wikipedia is not made for this kind of information. I'm a long-time contributor and i don't understand why there is a Destinations sections on airports pages. 99% of the content inside is outdated and non sourced.

Always check the sources when you read a Wikipedia article (also valid for all websites)
Caravelle lover

Ishrion

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:17 pm

LaunchDetected wrote:
Wikipedia is not made for this kind of information. I'm a long-time contributor and i don't understand why there is a Destinations sections on airports pages. 99% of the content inside is outdated and non sourced.

Always check the sources when you read a Wikipedia article (also valid for all websites)

99% is an insane overstatement... the destinations page is usually very accurate despite not having sources for each route. If you don't trust it, up to you. There's many other sources you can use to see up to date route maps.

airlinepeanuts

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:14 pm

LaunchDetected wrote:

Yeah 99% is an overstatement. I often look at the destinations sections of big and small airports in the US when deciding where to go/how to get back from a destination when traveling standby and I feel like the good majority of the time it’s very accurate, strictly anecdotally speaking.

c933103

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 pm

stl07 wrote:
It says ANC too. HA

EDIT-was removed soon

JL serve ANC via scheduled charter every year.
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

zakuivcustom

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 pm

LaunchDetected wrote:

I disagree - while there are some outdated information, especially for airports in places like Africa or some random minor airports in the middle of nowhere in the jungle of Brazil or Colombia. Otherwise, while there are misses here and there, it's ~95% accurate. Seasonal flights seems to be all over the place, though (especially Europe vacation charter carriers).
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

QB737

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Fixed for now.
Ben YVR

SQ789

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:56 am

Now that's what we called Vandalism.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

chunhimlai

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:24 am

Where is HND-FNJ and HND-PBI routes?

LaunchDetected

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 am

airlinepeanuts wrote:
Yeah 99% is an overstatement. I often look at the destinations sections of big and small airports in the US when deciding where to go/how to get back from a destination when traveling standby and I feel like the good majority of the time it’s very accurate, strictly anecdotally speaking.

My bad, i was thinking about the French version of Wikipedia. The English one must indeed be more up to date.
Caravelle lover

EvanWSFO

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

• Check the reference cited, if there is one, to see if it supports the given claim.
  • Check the edit history to see if the piece of information in question is a recent addition or has been there for some time. Check also to see if the person who has added it has a history of adding well-sourced (or poorly-sourced) information.

V/F

Thanks. I know how to use it. I'll stand by my assertion it's useless. Cheers.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

zakuivcustom

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:03 pm

chunhimlai wrote:
Where is HND-FNJ and HND-PBI routes?

Not quite HND-FNJ, but I remember somebody putting in ICN-FNJ on Incheon Airport's page right after the first Moon-Kim meeting.

LaunchDetected wrote:
My bad, i was thinking about the French version of Wikipedia. The English one must indeed be more up to date.

The English version depends. You're better off using Chinese version of Wikipedia for airport in Greater China, or Japanese version for airports in...well...Japan, etc.

On the flip side, Chinese Wikipedia pages of airports in US, for example, is 99% inaccurate.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

VirginFlyer

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

V/F

Thanks. I know how to use it. I'll stand by my assertion it's useless. Cheers.

Fair enough. I guess we’ll have to differ on our assessments of usefulness.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

Ziyulu

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 pm

First, they got rid of terminal information. I wouldn't be surprised if there is consensus to get rid of destination information next. Then get rid of airlines. After that, get rid of runway information. After all, Wikipedia is not a travel guide, right?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos