keithball288

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - May 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 2:20 am

So I was Wondering If anyone knows what happened to Red Q starting up the Asian based version of Qantas. All looked up all the reports and it said nothing About what happened to it or why it did not start up and that was back in 2012
C310R, Saab 340,737-800,777-300,A330-200, A330-300, A320, A321,ERJ135,ERJ170

SeaEagle8

Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 am

dredgy wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
VA POM: if the cargo revenue (loose loaded on a 737) was really that good I'd be surprised they handed it over to a QQ F100.
VA HIR: what subsidy? The Solomons govt. Is busy propping up their own airline.
I thought VA's cash drain was DPS, POM, HIR.

VA gives QQ to a lot of their most lucrative routes (regional QLD and WA) so I wouldn’t read too much into the switch, is probably just where they don’t think anyone will mind the switch in product.
There’s no subsidy that I’m aware of, but I’ve heard the route turns a profit. My information could be completely out of date though.

If VAs cash drain was Honiara or POM (infrequent, short-mid haul flights on small aircraft) that would indicate serious problems: between the destinations they only operate 6 weekly flights and that’s just not enough to have a major effect even if every flight was completely empty. Also, what cash drain? Virgin’s operational profit was $110m last year and their cash position is strong. Their losses had nothing to do with a cash drain.

VA domestic is profitable. VA International is not profitable. The cash drain is in reference to their international operations which actually worsened in the last reporting period. The international operations aren’t broken down any further. Therefore, it is difficult to conclude whether its long-haul, trans Tasman or other short haul that is in trouble. Could be all three.
NSW based avgeek

tullamarine

Mon May 06, 2019 5:56 am

keithball288 wrote:
So I was Wondering If anyone knows what happened to Red Q starting up the Asian based version of Qantas. All looked up all the reports and it said nothing About what happened to it or why it did not start up and that was back in 2012

Financial model showed it would be very hard to get this model profitable. It was basically a full-service airline flying A320s within Asia. Apart from issues with rights and slots, this would've meant RedQ's narrowbodies would've been competing against deep-pocketed competition from airlines such as SQ, CX and the ensuing price-war would destroy significant shareholder value for years to come.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

RyanairGuru

Mon May 06, 2019 6:13 am

tullamarine wrote:
keithball288 wrote:

Financial model showed it would be very hard to get this model profitable. It was basically a full-service airline flying A320s within Asia. Apart from issues with rights and slots, this would've meant RedQ's narrowbodies would've been competing against deep-pocketed competition from airlines such as SQ, CX and the ensuing price-war would destroy significant shareholder value for years to come.

Exactly. It was a thought bubble in search of a market. The Asian LCCs were growing very rapidly and putting tremendous yield pressure on the full service carriers, and there are really no obvious markets for this. Throw in the drama of Jetstar Hong Kong and the idea thankfully got kicked into touch.

Singapore is really the only market that has the market access and ownership laws to make this operation possible, but is very competitive at the LCC end while SQ (and MI) dominate the high yield traffic and weren't likely to roll over and have their tummy tickled.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

smi0006

Mon May 06, 2019 6:26 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
keithball288 wrote:

Exactly. It was a thought bubble in search of a market. The Asian LCCs were growing very rapidly and putting tremendous yield pressure on the full service carriers, and there are really no obvious markets for this. Throw in the drama of Jetstar Hong Kong and the idea thankfully got kicked into touch.

Singapore is really the only market that has the market access and ownership laws to make this operation possible, but is very competitive at the LCC end while SQ (and MI) dominate the high yield traffic and weren't likely to roll over and have their tummy tickled.

On a side note - with JL starting their own long haul LCC vs expanding the Jetstar brand into long haul, and Jetstar pacific being now majority owned by VN- I do wonder if we’ll ever see another Jetstar Asia franchise- seems increasingly unlikely with 3K being a bit all over the shop. Unless they somehow could get access to China. With FlyDubai going up market, pipe dream would have been cool for QF and EK to join up for a middle easterner LCC Jetstar operation.

smi0006

Mon May 06, 2019 6:26 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
keithball288 wrote:

On a side note - with JL starting their own long haul LCC vs expanding the Jetstar brand into long haul, and Jetstar pacific being now majority owned by VN- I do wonder if we’ll ever see another Jetstar Asia franchise- seems increasingly unlikely with 3K being a bit all over the shop. Unless they somehow could get access to China. With FlyDubai going up market, pipe dream would have been cool for QF and EK to join up for a middle easterner LCC Jetstar operation.

moa999

Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 am

While growing, I don't think any of the Jetstars has made a decent ROI.
I wonder whether Jetstar Japan considered longhaul but Qantas passed so JAL decided to go it alone with ZipAIR or whether other politics were involved.

Certainly Jetstar Japan appears to be the most successful of the offshoots with #1 LCC position.

Whereas Jetstar Asia has almost paused in size, with Tiger (now Scoot) shorthaul and Scoot longhaul now much bigger, and VietJet is much bigger than Jetstar Pacific.

VapourTrails

Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 am

777Jet wrote:
For those interested the 737Max will be discussed on 60minutes tonight on CH9.

"60 Minutes - Liz Hayes investigates the disaster of Boeing's 737 MAX jetliner: why two supposedly state-of-the-art and safe planes crashed killing 346 people; why pilots now fear flying the 737 MAX; and whether Boeing could have averted the catastrophes."

Should be available to watch online later.

Available now at https://youtu.be/QytfYyHmxtc

I watched it (all). I didn’t really learn anything new, but I thought it was a good general overview, and not too much over-sensationalised IMHO. I like to get a variety of news sources so this added to those.

Flyingsottsman

Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
777Jet wrote:

"60 Minutes - Liz Hayes investigates the disaster of Boeing's 737 MAX jetliner: why two supposedly state-of-the-art and safe planes crashed killing 346 people; why pilots now fear flying the 737 MAX; and whether Boeing could have averted the catastrophes."

Might give this a miss, the adverts for this seem overly sensationalised.

I saw it last night, Boeing has a few questions to answer, the Lion Air crash everybody was quick to say it was Lion Air fault, then the Ethiopian disaster same type of crash. How much more can the 737 be reworked it was not overly sensationalised it was black and white we are in a world where its profits first above all else and when people's lives are at stake like in an aircraft, Boeing cant duck for cover any more they have to stand up and face the questions.

timtam

Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm

moa999 wrote:
I wonder whether Jetstar Japan considered longhaul but Qantas passed so JAL decided to go it alone with ZipAIR or whether other politics were involved.

Certainly Jetstar Japan appears to be the most successful of the offshoots with #1 LCC position.

Whereas Jetstar Asia has almost paused in size, with Tiger (now Scoot) shorthaul and Scoot longhaul now much bigger, and VietJet is much bigger than Jetstar Pacific.

Reports suggested Jetstar was invited to participate in ZipAir but declined to do so. Qantas is pretty experienced with LCC's so it would be in a good position to determine what it thinks will work and not work.

Other reports said Qantas/Jetstar underwent due diligence on HK Express. Keeping HK Express out of the hands of competitors would have been a very good reason why Cathay overpaid to buy HK Express. It does make you wonder if Cathay was willing to pay $A900m for a LCC losing $A25m/year, what value is put on a similarly sized but profitable Jetstar Japan?

It looks like a case of Qantas being disciplined and looking to expand with the right opportunity - not just any opportunity that comes forth.

In the various Jetstar businesses are continuing to chug away and are nicely positioned to participate in the eventual consolidation that is going to occur in the future.

EK413

Mon May 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Both VHEBP & VHVKJ expected make a return to revenue service later today & tomorrow.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

SCFlyer

Tue May 07, 2019 12:30 am

The first two of the six SYD based QF 789s will be put on the SYD-SFO route from 4 December 2019, replacing the 744s.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-upgrade ... boeing-787

moa999

Tue May 07, 2019 1:17 am

EK413 wrote:
Both VHEBP & VHVKJ expected make a return to revenue service later today & tomorrow.

Any detail on the issue with EBP?

undertheradar

Tue May 07, 2019 1:28 am

EK413 wrote:

EK413

Yep noticed JETSTAR -VKJ ferry flight last night HKG-MEL JQ9992 (landed 5am today/Tues)

QF742

Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 am

SCFlyer wrote:
The first two of the six SYD based QF 789s will be put on the SYD-SFO route from 4 December 2019, replacing the 744s.

This is certainly not surprising. Does the current service operate daily or 6x weekly?

SeaEagle8

Tue May 07, 2019 2:30 am

SCFlyer wrote:

Weren’t these supposed to be Brisbane based? Change of strategy?

Not surprising considering something had to give with replacing the 744 fleet.
NSW based avgeek

SCFlyer

Tue May 07, 2019 2:39 am

SeaEagle8 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Weren’t these supposed to be Brisbane based? Change of strategy?

Not surprising considering something had to give with replacing the 744 fleet.

The BNE based 789s are already all utilised. 2 frames on BNE-LAX-JFK, 1 frame on QF55/56 BNE-LAX terminator and the 4th frame on BNE/SYD-HKG.

Any upcoming new BNE-USA flying (whether if it's DFW, ORD and/or SFO) will likely be at the expense of QF55/56 and the HKG flying.

Captdasbomb

Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 am

[photoid][/photoid]
QF742 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

This is certainly not surprising. Does the current service operate daily or 6x weekly?

It will be daily & I believe QF49/50 will also become daily too.

SeaEagle8

Tue May 07, 2019 3:22 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
QF742 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Qantas press release

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... stination/

SYD-SFO will be daily MEL-SFO to remain 4 weekly according to the news release.
NSW based avgeek

qf2220

Tue May 07, 2019 5:14 am

Unless there is a naming convention I am unaware of, I cant believe their own press release spells their own executives name wrong though...... Naren, vs Narendra Kumar

DeltaB717

Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 am

qf2220 wrote:
Unless there is a naming convention I am unaware of, I cant believe their own press release spells their own executives name wrong though...... Naren, vs Narendra Kumar

It isn't the first press release where he's been named Naren, so probably fair to assume it's intentional (quite possibly on Mr Kumar's part).

Captdasbomb

Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 am

SeaEagle8 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
QF742 wrote:

Qantas press release

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... stination/

SYD-SFO will be daily MEL-SFO to remain 4 weekly according to the news release.

Thanks. Did read somewhere that QF95/96 will upgrade to A380 once refurbish is complete to then free up another 787 for 2 more days

IndianicWorld

Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Looks like LATAM’s adjustments to its Australian services are continuing.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... gust-2019/

Reducing MEL-SCL down to 3 x weekly from August, whilst also now to be flown with the 788.

Seems weird as they seemed quite buoyant about the flight by increasing it to 5 x weekly with goals to increase to daily.

qf2220

Tue May 07, 2019 12:20 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:

Reducing MEL-SCL down to 3 x weekly from August, whilst also now to be flown with the 788.

Seems weird as they seemed quite buoyant about the flight by increasing it to 5 x weekly with goals to increase to daily.

Could aircraft availability be the cause rather than market?

RyanairGuru

Tue May 07, 2019 1:06 pm

qf2220 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Could aircraft availability be the cause rather than market?

I would suggest so. Latam is one of the carriers hardest hit by the RR 787 fiasco, and even took those two oddball ex-SQ 772s for extra lift. Until the entire fleet is back in the air I wouldn't read to much into equipment swaps involving LA's 787s.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qf789
Topic Author

Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 pm

VA has revealed new management structure, Rod Sharp will leave VA on Friday

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... structure/

FWIW there will be more announcements regarding the group in coming weeks, so stay tuned
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Alliance to open a base up in Rockhampton

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... pton-base/
Forum Moderator

Boof

Tue May 07, 2019 9:03 pm

qf789 wrote:
VA has revealed new management structure, Rod Sharp will leave VA on Friday

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... structure/

FWIW there will be more announcements regarding the group in coming weeks, so stay tuned

John Thomas coming back? ;)

Give the new CEO credit he is pulling the strings and getting things moving.

SYDSpotter wrote:
777Jet wrote:

Might give this a miss, the adverts for this seem overly sensationalised.

I watched this last night and I rarely, if ever, watch 60 mins due to the sensationalism. It was surprisingly very good. The AA 737 Captain was interesting and I found it heartbreaking listening to the parents that lost both sons in the ET302 crash. Well worth the time and thanks to @777jet for sharing as I wouldn’t have known it was on otherwise.
Bring back Virgin Blue!

CraigAnderson

Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 am

I think Scurrah should bring JT back. Seriously. He seemed to have his head screwed on right and it was just that JB wanted everything his way, that despite a decades-long friendship and collaborative relationship with JT he was willing to stick he knife into JT over what really comes down to ego. I'm told that JT had relocated his family from the US to Sydney, kid had to change schools or uni or whatever, and then JB did this to him. Sure, JT got good compo but compared to the damage to his living situation and career prospects, very poor form.

undertheradar

Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 am

undertheradar wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

Yep noticed JETSTAR -VKJ ferry flight last night HKG-MEL JQ9992 (landed 5am today/Tues)

MAY 8 -VKJ scheduled back in service JQ35 MEL- DPS :)
Last edited by undertheradar on Wed May 08, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

tullamarine

Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
I think Scurrah should bring JT back. Seriously. He seemed to have his head screwed on right and it was just that JB wanted everything his way, that despite a decades-long friendship and collaborative relationship with JT he was willing to stick he knife into JT over what really comes down to ego. I'm told that JT had relocated his family from the US to Sydney, kid had to change schools or uni or whatever, and then JB did this to him. Sure, JT got good compo but compared to the damage to his living situation and career prospects, very poor form.

I heard it was a little bit more than that and some board members were glad to see the back of him and wouldn't be in favour of his return. Even of that weren't the case, it is unlikely he'd want to return. He would have joined VA with a view to becoming CEO within a couple of years. Paul Scurrah has just joined so were he to return, JT would need to be prepared to be in a reporting position for at least 5 years.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

Boof

Wed May 08, 2019 5:29 am

moa999 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Any detail on the issue with EBP?

On another forum that I read this morning, it mentioned the engineering team might have stuffed something up and blew up (not my words) one of the hydraulic systems.
Bring back Virgin Blue!

EK413

Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 am

undertheradar wrote:
undertheradar wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

MAY 8 -VKJ scheduled back in service JQ35 MEL- DPS :)

VHEBP has returned to service operating QF431 SYD-MEL & just departed MEL en-route operating QF440 to SYD.

Flight QF440 from Melbourne to Sydney
https://fr24.com/QFA440/206f39d4

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

CraigAnderson

Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 am

tullamarine wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I heard it was a little bit more than that and some board members were glad to see the back of him and wouldn't be in favour of his return. Even of that weren't the case, it is unlikely he'd want to return. He would have joined VA with a view to becoming CEO within a couple of years. Paul Scurrah has just joined so were he to return, JT would need to be prepared to be in a reporting position for at least 5 years.

Yes, that's very true, JB made it very clear when he appointed JT that JT was to be his successor, and based on that I think two or three execs who previously reported to JB left shortly after because they could see no fast path to the top job. JT would need to accept he would be #2 or whatever for many years to come. I wonder what he's doing now, does anyone know?

eamondzhang

Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

Yes, that's very true, JB made it very clear when he appointed JT that JT was to be his successor, and based on that I think two or three execs who previously reported to JB left shortly after because they could see no fast path to the top job. JT would need to accept he would be #2 or whatever for many years to come. I wonder what he's doing now, does anyone know?

His Linkedin profile says he's CEO of Waltzing Matilda Aviation (in Boston) and board member for two Toronto-based company and a Stamford, CT-based company, so I would assume he's pretty much back to the States now.

Michael

SeaEagle8

Wed May 08, 2019 7:49 pm

BITRE international figures released for February

https://www.bitre.gov.au/publications/o ... y_1902.pdf

One thing that jumped out is again the load factors between Australia and New Zealand. This is the fourth month since the end of the VA/NZ alliance. VA definitely lagging behind.

JQ 86.9%
QF 86.1%
NZ 82.8%
VA 66.7%

JQ, QF and NZ were almost identical to Feb 2018 whereas VA has decreased from 80.6% to 66.7%. As in previous months, very poor showing and again indicates VA’s additional capacity (as a whole) is not being taken up.
NSW based avgeek

allrite

Thu May 09, 2019 1:05 am

timtam wrote:
moa999 wrote:

It looks like a case of Qantas being disciplined and looking to expand with the right opportunity - not just any opportunity that comes forth.

In the various Jetstar businesses are continuing to chug away and are nicely positioned to participate in the eventual consolidation that is going to occur in the future.

From Qantas' perspective Jetstar Asia gives it a way of selling onwards tickets to Asian destinations via its Singapore hub for both it and its codeshare partners that it would be uneconomic to serve directly from Australia. It probably doesn't need to be as large as AirAsia or Scoot. It would be interesting to know what percentage of passengers on Jetstar and Scoot are connecting from their OneWorld / Star Alliance partners.

Japan is also an increasingly popular destination with more inbound flights being added, so combine that with the domestic market and Jetstar Japan probably makes sense too.

Vietnam doesn't seem to have expanded as rapidly, but Qantas group's investment there is less and so, I guess, is the financial impact.

It appears that Qantas' model has evolved from when Jetstar's international operations were setup with things like Project Sunrise meaning bypassing of intermediate destinations where local Jetstar operations could play a role. Instead, Jetstar A321LRs may be used for more point to point operations out of Australia. Asia is a highly competitive market and I'm not sure that all of the Asian LCC operations are entirely rational and financially sustainable, so it's understandable that Qantas would try to minimise its exposure there.
I like artificial banana essence!

allrite

Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 am

keithball288 wrote:

Interestingly, AirAsia's headquarters are now called RedQ, so I don't see that name making a return for Qantas!

https://economytraveller.com/airasia-st ... -home-redq
I like artificial banana essence!

eta unknown

Thu May 09, 2019 1:30 am

I doubt JT is interested in returning to VA. Remember board member Liz was quite vocal about his departure and she certainly wasn't a fan (she was mutually exclusive with JB).

SCFlyer

Thu May 09, 2019 1:39 am

I suspect JT may have met the same end as NZ's Luxon. Many board members reportedly happy to see the back of him.

Although Luxon did take a risk by bringing it on himself (the alleged demand from Luxon for VA to give up all international flying was reportedly very much the deal breaker for the entire VA board and other shareholders).

getluv

Thu May 09, 2019 3:23 am

QF released their 3Q Market Update today.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... rter-fy19/

Key points:
- Third quarter revenue up 2.3 per cent to $4.4 billion versus prior corresponding period
- Qantas and Melbourne Airport have reached an agreement for the sale of the Terminal 1, with QF retaining use of T1 for 10 years with option to operate international flights outside of peak domestic times.
You meant lose, not loose.

smi0006

Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 am

getluv wrote:

Key points:
- Third quarter revenue up 2.3 per cent to $4.4 billion versus prior corresponding period
- Qantas and Melbourne Airport have reached an agreement for the sale of the Terminal 1, with QF retaining use of T1 for 10 years with option to operate international flights outside of peak domestic times.

Relating to MEL this is very much needed and will free up gate space, I do wonder if they could operate widebodies from there? I’d say this is why we have seen no investment in the MEL lounge, Checkin and lounge will all be consolidated in T1.

A350OZ

Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 am

smi0006 wrote:
getluv wrote:

Key points:

Relating to MEL this is very much needed and will free up gate space, I do wonder if they could operate widebodies from there? I’d say this is why we have seen no investment in the MEL lounge, Checkin and lounge will all be consolidated in T1.

This sounds interesting, but I believe unless they completely knock down and re-build the C-pier (which is long overdue anyway), I struggle to imagine how they could make it work without duplicating on ABF, customs etc. infrastructure.

With a new C-pier on the other hand, you could have three levels (Domestic, Intl Arrivals, Intl Departures), with the first being linked to the rest of T1 (as today) and the other two connecting to T2 and the exsiting infrastructure required to handle international pax.

aerohottie

Thu May 09, 2019 4:19 am

SCFlyer wrote:
I suspect JT may have met the same end as NZ's Luxon. Many board members reportedly happy to see the back of him.

Although Luxon did take a risk by bringing it on himself (the alleged demand from Luxon for VA to give up all international flying was reportedly very much the deal breaker for the entire VA board and other shareholders).

You've made this allegation a few times, and I don't believe it to be true. Do you have any source for this repeated allegation?
My understanding is that Luxon resigned from the board due to frustration with JB's performance on profit (which is what NZ wanted JB and the board to focus on). The source for this is publically available as Luxon said so himself and it was reported in the media.
What?

tullamarine

Thu May 09, 2019 4:24 am

smi0006 wrote:
getluv wrote:

Key points:

I don't think so. I believe the international gates referred to are the new swing gates that had previously been announced in the Melbourne Airport Master Plan and will be in both T1 (Pier C) and T3 (Pier E) Given these will probably be Gates 2 & 4 in T1 and Gates 1&3 in T3, it is likely these will only allow nothing larger than an A321/739 but may free up a few gates in T2 for A330/787 sized aircraft. The biggest issue is the most troublesome peaks for international tends to be around 7AM and around 5PM , the precise times that the domestic terminals are also buzzing.

It is possible that check-in could move to T3 but I find it highly unlikely that QF would accept lounges that are pre-immigration for a port as busy as MEL. The int'l lounges will remain in T2.

tullamarine

Thu May 09, 2019 4:28 am

aerohottie wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

You've made this allegation a few times, and I don't believe it to be true. Do you have any source for this repeated allegation?
My understanding is that Luxon resigned from the board due to frustration with JB's performance on profit (which is what NZ wanted JB and the board to focus on). The source for this is publically available as Luxon said so himself and it was reported in the media.

Well he would say that wouldn't he? He wouldn't want to say he put a proposal to the Board and was basically laughed out of the room. The actual allegation has been made numerous times in numerous publications including AFR and The Australian. It is a fair guess to say they have got their information from a source in the boardroom that wanted to counter what it saw as misinformation from the NZ CEO.

SCFlyer

Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 am

tullamarine wrote:
aerohottie wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Well he would say that wouldn't he? He wouldn't want to say he put a proposal to the Board and was basically laughed out of the room. The actual allegation has been made numerous times in numerous publications including AFR and The Australian. It is a fair guess to say they have got their information from a source in the boardroom that wanted to counter what it saw as misinformation from the NZ CEO.

Reuters had also reported on Luxon's alleged demands for VA to "give up international" from a source within NZ.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virg ... SKCN1LL36K
ut

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Luxon pretty much let his ego get in the way here, instead of concentrating on his aim to oust JB. Those alleged demands (in regards to VA "giving up" Int'l operations) was never going to fly in a boardroom that can't even get along in the first place.

aerohottie

Thu May 09, 2019 5:13 am

SCFlyer wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
aerohottie wrote:

Reuters had also reported on Luxon's alleged demands for VA to "give up international" from a source within NZ.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virg ... SKCN1LL36K
ut

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Luxon pretty much let his ego get in the way here, instead of concentrating on his aim to oust JB. Those alleged demands (in regards to VA "giving up" Int'l operations) was never going to fly in a boardroom that can't even get along in the first place.

I find this board dust-up entirely interesting. I also find the impact it is having on VA on the Tasman an interesting consequence. Did VA take the relationship and benefit of the relations with NZ for granted?
What?

RyanairGuru

Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 am

I've said it before, but I suspect that the Luxon comments have been spun way out of proportion. I don't doubt he said it, he never denied it after all, but I seriously doubt that he meant it in the way it comes over out of context. These rumours have taken on a life of their own, and IMHO were almost certainly strategically leaked by Borghetti's allies.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

eta unknown

Thu May 09, 2019 5:32 am

Perhaps maybe he only wanted VA to cease LAX and cede those pax to NZ, but we will never know...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos